test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter: The Maze Engine Coming March 15!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Neverwinter: The Maze Engine will escape into PC on Tuesday, March 15! The Maze Engine wields a plethora of updates around every corner including new maps and a campaign, stronghold cost reductions, a reworked mount system, the revamped Castle Never and many more challenges along the way.

Get ready to start your maze engines on March 15!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9804483

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    Casca, you villain, what are you doing?
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • mrderpherpin#5732 mrderpherpin Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    HYPE TRAIN!
  • jaysun1977jaysun1977 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    Out of curiosity: What made you think that a 30 minute "rework" of a once 90 minute experience could be considered a selling point? Do you believe there are players out there who will consider the rework better than the original in any way, shape, or form?
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    well this is a bit misleading..
    for new maps players intend open areas with other people in it, not really instanced areas for a couple of quests where there is nothing to do excpet for the quest itself.
    but ye, nice to have a date.
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Another module gets released in alpha state, ... YAY
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    CN is not a good way to market this module, cos its been F****d up.

And that producer interview, seriously, no wonder neverwinter is suffering. If they think underdarks demogorgon is "endgame" material, give me a break, and that they are are now adding endgame content in mod 9???. What end game content???
    and yeah i bet theyre gonna make PVP go totally fubar, not to worry its gonna happen.

This game has been screwed up big time, and no lindsay, u dont listen to your playerbase or this game would be more balanced, more bug free and updated with dungeons instead of sorry HAMSTER lame mods.

Again, no one asked for updated and graphically enhanced dungs, WE WANTED OLD DUNGEONS back with EPIC and added difficulty levels for beta players. ONE epic dungeon that lasts 30mins to run is not enough.

Just a point to make how well u listened to the playerbase.

If u cared about the players u would increase game content for everybody to enjoy, not just add s*** to get more recyclable player material who stick around to throw in a few bucks and leave.

• zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User

Out of curiosity: What made you think that a 30 minute "rework" of a once 90 minute experience could be considered a selling point? Do you believe there are players out there who will consider the rework better than the original in any way, shape, or form?

They dont aim for oldtimers anymore, they just want bonch of ne players coming in, spend 100$, and drop this game. All says thats they current marketing, which is sad.

(Sin)cerely
    kain

• playasinnombreplayasinnombre Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    " You better not **** up PvP..."

Like PvP wasn't already ****'ed up?
  • jpalo316jpalo316 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User

I may be in the minority on this, but based solely on how much time they should take, I'd much prefer a 30 minute dungeon over a 90 minute dungeon. I have a hard enough time getting together with the people I play with so 30 minutes is easier to work with than 90 or however many minutes. I've read that some people spent up to 6 hours in the old Castle Never. Or if I had to run it with random people (which I reeeeealy don't want to do), I'd much rather it only be for 30min instead of a lot longer.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the new Mount system the most out of the upcoming changes so far.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    The new mount system is promising, but just like the tarm bar fiasco they will probably do something to it right before they launch the next mod.

CN is NOT NEW content and should not be advertised as such. it is a watered down version of OLD content.

The new boons seems nice, on the beta at least. Currently I like it and the rewards it gives.

" new maps" Really would like to see them and do some missions on them. If you refer to the campaign maps then that is not something to brag about. Since I am not sure what new maps you are referring to I will try to stay optimistic about it.

The campaign is nice and really fun, but just like the Coal wards on the tarm bar exchange it is short lived and not that much of re playability(something underdark was hyped on and yet to deliver.)

SH Reductions and SH profession tasks. This is a really good think and I am very great full for it. I hope though as your guild levels the reduction becomes smaller(it should be hard to level once you reach level 10+).

EDIT : I am not trying to be negative. These comment is how I really feel and I am only stating it so the makers of this once great game can have an idea what I and ,I venture to guess, others playing this game is thinking. With the hope that it gets to the right person and it will help the game. Esp. with so many players leaving for other games.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Is there any shred of class changes with this module, or we have to wait yet another damned module? Waiting a year+ is pretty absurd.
  • mytholusmytholus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I actually would have liked to have seen age old issues fixed. Not even exited in the lest since the Tarm Bar Store BS. Any ideas on replacing Box items with something actually useful now before everyones VIP runs out and no body pays for it ever again.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    So soon! I'm not sure if I should be glad or afraid :wink:

On another note...hey Strum, planning to start featuring Foundry quests again?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    mytholus said:

I actually would have liked to have seen age old issues fixed. Not even exited in the lest since the Tarm Bar Store BS. Any ideas on replacing Box items with something actually useful now before everyones VIP runs out and no body pays for it ever again.

+1
  • helix#4749 helix Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    yawn
  • ribsenribsen Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    And class have undergone changes in the new module??
    They need attention and changes!
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

without a PVP DOMINATION PREMADE QUE SYSTEM , this module will be again a torture.

The new queue system is nice. You can queue for something while in a party when other party members is not in queue. You can have more than 5 player queue. I think it will completely kill of PUG which is sad , but it will help with more reliable queue system.

The only sad thing is if you are not in a raid group you will never win in Tiamat or edemo again as these teams will all be premade.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    jpalo316 said:

I may be in the minority on this, but based solely on how much time they should take, I'd much prefer a 30 minute dungeon over a 90 minute dungeon. I have a hard enough time getting together with the people I play with so 30 minutes is easier to work with than 90 or however many minutes. I've read that some people spent up to 6 hours in the old Castle Never. Or if I had to run it with random people (which I reeeeealy don't want to do), I'd much rather it only be for 30min instead of a lot longer.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the new Mount system the most out of the upcoming changes so far.
    I can appreciate some players may feel this way, but we have enough skirmishes and abbreviated content. Epic should be exacttly that, an epic journey / adventure. CN, Spellplague, Dread Vault even Caverns of Karrundax and other dungeons used to have that. Shortening them for speedsters is just sad. 30 minute runs should be if people want to do 1/3 or even 2/3 if they are quick. That used to be the norm in LFG, folks just wanting to play to the first or second boss, either due to time or difficulty. I hope that running CN for the first time is not as disappointing as I am reading, that would be just one more disappointment in a long line of letdowns since mod 4.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    mynaam said:

metalldjt said:

without a PVP DOMINATION PREMADE QUE SYSTEM , this module will be again a torture.

The new queue system is nice. You can queue for something while in a party when other party members is not in queue. You can have more than 5 player queue. I think it will completely kill of PUG which is sad , but it will help with more reliable queue system.

The only sad thing is if you are not in a raid group you will never win in Tiamat or edemo again as these teams will all be premade.
    Spot on mate!

So this Mod is about newbies, not us long time players. Now let's see, what impact will it have on newbies PVP and PVE wise.

They don't get it, cause they miss at least 1 person, who is up to date with PVP status quo. This will exactly kill PVP PUG play at last. Tbh is there any decent PUG play anymore? NO.

Now my question: How long can PVP struggle further in this game without PUGs coming in? Heck ca. 40 BiS players won't keep the boat forever above water.

The PVE part is sad also, instead of tweaking Tia and eDemo a bit, they slapped this Q system on, which will give chance only to those ones, who are in a big guild an/or are members in an elitist channel and have high enough item level. Low item level newbie or alt chance? ZERO.

Now my question to this part: How long will a newbie stay, if he or she sees, end of line cause he or she can't fit into such an elitist channel or fulfill the requirements to get into an elitist guild? LOL With recent changes to Trade Bars newbies will burn out much much sooner.

Verdict: EPIC FAIL AGAIN!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Queue the QQ in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1
    I aim to misbehave
  • jaysun1977jaysun1977 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    jpalo316 said:

Problem is: if it's meant to be cleared in 30 minutes on average then anyone with an IL above 3K will clear it in 6 minutes leaving the entire experience pointless. It's going to be gated at IL 2000, last time I saw it and as such will offer no challenge. And geting to IL 3K isn't so hard anymore, considering that they currently drown us in double refinement weekends (it's going to be a lot more costly, though). I can't believe there are that many characters left with an IL under 2K, unless you count alts as well. Those still below 2K are either VERY new to the game (considering you can reach 2K as soon as you hit 70 with equipment bought from the AH) or not even trying to improve their toons. We should not balance new content around these as they already have plenty of content to consume. We desperatel need IL 3K, 3.5K and 4K content!

EDIT: kinda trailed off of what I was aiming at: It is understandable that not everyone can run a 90 minute dungeon on a regular basis. But not everyone has to be able to do that. There are other 30 minute dungeons in the 2K range available already. We need 90 minute dungeons as well. Hell even though I wouldn't be able to do them anymore I'd still love to see some 2hr dungeons as well. It could be something I look forward to after arranging it for a weekend, for excemple. Not every content has to placate the fast food crowd that infested MMO gaming.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    While the interviewer got his questions spot on, Lindsay's answers prove the devs are so disconnected with their playerbase it is downright scary. We'll be blowing through CN on release day in 10 minutes (when the servers eventually come back up). And I am sorry but reducing the most epic dungeon we had in the game to a 30-min demonic gauntlet run is NOT doing it justice Lindsay!

While we got 3 reworked (READ: changed boss mechanics) and severely reduced epic dungeons with Mod 6, it has taken the devs 3 Mods to revamp just one other dungeon to lvl 70 epic mode. So if you are only planning to change the last boss mechanics and remove half the content for the remaining dungeons removed in Mod 6, why the hell is it taking so long?
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    " Now we can just move forward and only think about epic, the endgame and really put a lot of time there, but we want to raise the standards for what we had for epic previously and it’s taking us a lot of time. I think it’s a lot more time than what players are expecting or hoping for. We just want to make sure we hit that quality bar for epics. We don’t want to just release them and have players bummed out anyway. We are definitely going to keep pushing on the endgame content and bringing back as many dungeons as we can with the time we have. "

This. I actually can understand him and his way of thinking.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

While the interviewer got his questions spot on, Lindsay's answers prove the devs are so disconnected with their playerbase it is downright scary.

This may be revolutionary, but that writer (Nick Shively) posted on NW Reddit prior to doing his interview so that he was prepared with the questions NW's players really wanted answered. Asking the players and actually paying attention to and trying to understand the answers. Shocking.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Just 28 comments, most of them sound like "pffff".
    If I were cryptic/pwe, I would say " Houston, we've a problem".
    Really, the distance between the company and the players/customers has never been so big and even more they killed the tiny trust left in the player base.
    I really hope that they realize that new titles with advanced features are released: my 10€ will not be spent in NW again.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    The new Que system is a game changer. It should bring new life to Siege, Tiamat, Gauntelgrym etc

The new mount system is great.

The end-game content is sorely lacking. We only get a hack-job of CN, which was the most wonderful dungeon I have ever seen in a video game.
    twitch.tv/kaligold