test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP Domination Premade Que System for module9 ?

metalldjtmetalldjt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,310 Arc User
edited April 2016 in PvP Discussion
do you wish to have a PVP domination premade que system where you invite 10 players(including yourself) into a LOBBY, the 10 players will be split in 2 parties through the normal party system, the premade que system will help the players to que against eachother with a faster pop and give them the proper chance to organize a match by setting up whatever rules they think are good beforehand : ex balance teams, banning overpowered items that devs can't fix asap.

one of the reasons why we need a que system like this , is that we can organize beforehand we play a match , so we can set up some game rules : ex ambush rings are not allowed , no drains or damage marks etc. The 2nd reason is that premade teams will be separated from the SOLO QUE players and there will be less unbalanced matches where you end up with a 5man group facing low gear players, this feature for the PVP DOMINATION will help us to improve as a PVP community, with what you can see in the picture it doesn't take that much to code it.
@trythree @terramak @asterdahl @strumslinger @commanderander @nisdiddums @amenar @panderus @rgutscheradev @dextructoid
PLEASE! give us your insight, just please !
Post edited by metalldjt on

PVP Domination Premade Que System for module9 ? 216 votes

yes
92%
sabre10blacklexceyravenkkinanaphoenixankhsetillslicey970xxfreddodrakkon5santralafaxlordsied5defiantone99kolatmastermacjaeexgardianrayrdanvinceent1hawkendgankdalf#8991drkbodhidll32exe 199 votes
no
7%
hughjanus4kreatyvesakiyikevsergrroupershadw2012jade456uszajojajothecrowleyhealerthebeastjaysun1977s1lv3rdrgnforumtreesclimberkuschelfieldmrwafflemancjmordockbrdrewhayesiqkfa 17 votes

Comments

• madziggy1madziggy1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    yes
    Good try, I wish you luck with that.
    But seeing what devs doin these days, I think its a waste of time.
  • hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    yes
    @grrouper

Item Level restriction? Are you trolling me? What if 4k iLV toon gonna to unequip all items to 1-2k iLvL and later equip this again?
  • madziggy1madziggy1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    yes
    hawkend said:

@grrouper

Item Level restriction? Are you trolling me? What if 4k iLV toon gonna to unequip all items to 1-2k iLvL and later equip this again?

Plus, the queues will take like 10 times longer. Especially in a not prime time.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    yes
    I was under the impression the new queue system would eventually be capable of this?

Or is it only for campaign content? I'd like to see it opened up so that it can be used to set up 5v5 Dom matches and 10v10 GG matches. [pre made matches that is]
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • heruwath1heruwath1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
  • hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    yes
    @grrouper

Many ppls switching gear/artifacts in PvP, so why in the hell you wanna now to block this? Function changing iLvL? Are you thinking? Man, population of PvP is low and you wanna iLvL restriction? Of course its possible by saving in the database the highest iLvL achieved by player but sorry i dont wish this is going to release anytime. In current state separated PvP on premade/pug is the best idea. I dont think that you wanna wait for Domination 1 hour.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    yes
    Yes but i would add: forced solo queue for PUG PvP.

The player either organizes a 10-players PMvsPM or grows some balls and go solo queue.
    No 2-men/3-men/4-men 4k half premades to go stomp what little is left of the "pug" PvP community.
    Also because a matchmaking cannot balance teams if players are allowed to group together and fool the matchmaking system.
    Example: 10 players available, 4k-4k-4k-4k-2k-2k-2k-2k-2k-2k. Matchmaking would most likely form two 4k-4k-2k-2k-2k teams. But with half premades or premades allowed it can easily become 4k-4k-4k-2k-2k vs 4k-2k-2k-2k-2k, and the result will be a stomping match.

OR

the matchmaking just makes the premade wait until there's a perfect match for their premade. Which means, if you go premade in pug PvP you get your 1.hour queue until another premade is available. No "shortcut" where after a few minutes a random pug team is served to them cause there's no other team available. They wait a lot or go solo queue.

also: @grrouper, even making brackets you have the same issue. A coordinated premade can have the upper hand. The only way is to separate premades from solo queue. This way:

if someone wants a PMvsPm they can organize better

if someone wants a random match he goes solo queue and allows the matchmaking to form balanced teams. No geared friends to make you breeze through pug matches thanks to better communication and team support.
  • hanaklhanakl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    yes
    I think this is a good idea, i personally like to play dificult matches pre x pre, its very disapoiting when u make a group and keep geting paired with low ITL players...
  • jokerswissjokerswiss Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    yes
    OK idea, personally O prefer queueing solo (more fun) but you must add sentence that "such game will not give AD, glory etc." otherwise Devs could treat it as another powerleveling/booting/etc.
  • timeforsquishingtimeforsquishing Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    No one is playing anymore just queue
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    yes
    And forced solo queue for reward. Right now, it happens too often to get 1 team with, my last example, 4k4k4k2k2k vs 4k3k2k2k2k. Which is DUMB. I don't believe matchmaking makes such huge mistakes. I say half premades/ groups going to pugstomp.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    yes
    I only popped in for the rainbow jumpy sheep :d
    pando83 said:

And forced solo queue for reward. Right now, it happens too often to get 1 team with, my last example, 4k4k4k2k2k vs 4k3k2k2k2k. Which is DUMB. I don't believe matchmaking makes such huge mistakes. I say half premades/ groups going to pugstomp.

icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    yes
    hawkend said:

@grrouper

who can be so cheap to do that. seems like mental illness a player to chase 0 tenacity or low player.
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    Pvp it self creates it own que problems. The problem we cant due a fancy que system simply because 1. The devs wont do it 2. what happens is que does try to match things up but do to the state of PVP not enough people que for pvp any more and after a point system starts putting in who every is there to reduce the wait for gg during the week it takes a hr to que and for dom I get in under 5 minutes but even then it reques 3 or 4 times with note enough players responded and you can forget SH pvp except during peak weekends times. We can wish all we want but the fact is we have to have some way to get good enough rewards and balance classes to make people want to play and get better gear

Ara
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    At my level im above the pugs and below the BIS. I think having a premade que separate is a great idea and would support this. I as well would que in it, knowing what im getting into upfront. It would be a way for my 3.5il to get better

Ara

so I misunderstood earlier! to have 2 ques instead of 1 but I still don't think Devs will bother to do it. Its really so sad even broken I like this PVP over others. NW has the potential to be so much more. If you want pvp and think you are good go play on the other server its a humbling experience.
  • timeforsquishingtimeforsquishing Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    If 40 people play pvp, what would be the benefit of dedicating any resources towards this for the company? This is something that may have worked back when they first tried implementing the elo system. But now that there isnt any pvp community to speak of, why even bother with a poll on this? Youre the only ones still playing, theres nothing keeping you guys from queuing as premades. Too bad you refused to do this before running off the last of the players that were interested in pvp. If anything youve created your premade queue on your own and dont need any help from the company now.
  • xxxgriessonxxxxxxgriessonxxx Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

you are like a broken disk you keep repeating yourself, go dream in someones thread. the players that left and the players that remained aren't different at all, stop blaming x cause you dont have a y anymore.

This game is like a broken disk/enchanted circle that keeps repeating the same story mod after mod(pvp-wise) and the ppl that remained and in MOD 8 still discuss on how to improve it are dreaming(APPLY THIS IDEA TO REAL LIFE).

I personally feel stupid for coming every now and then and checking if anything changed, even more so as i have to bother and download some 700MB of patches every time... I'll let go that too eventually, im sure.

This discussion has been closed.