test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there anyway to survive getting hit by a TR's Courage Breaker

jetsmillionjetsmillion Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
I play a SW so I'm not positive about the name, but I believe it is Courage Breaker that make is so you have basicly no speed and CC immunity doesn't work on it. I've been getting annoyed with this power due to my build focusing on CC resist which doesn't do anything against this power apparently.

What I want to know is there any hope for a caster class character like mine to survive when a TR catches me with Courage Breaker, and due to TR stealth and it's CC resist ignore there is no way to dodge? Or should I resign to the fact that there is absolutely nothing that can be done except hope I'm so much higher item level then the TR that I can tank his Courage Breaker / Smoke Bomb combo until the duration expires?

The best I've been able to due so far has been Oghma's token to ignore the daze from smoke bomb to attack for a few seconds. I knew that PvP was horbibly and completely imbalanced, but I'm still hoping that there is a way to actually fight rather then get slaughtered by a magic "I win" ability.

Comments

• martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    There is no counter to that daily, your best chance is getting full sparks and just tank through it.

It has been like that since the game came out.
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    In the old mods u can cc the tr while he cast that daily, is current mod still able to do that?
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    There is only ONE counter to that skill, and its presumably a bug, and only a TR can do it.

The only real counter to this is to target and blame the real culprit behind it -- crazy level of AP gains.

CB remains essentially unchanged since the earliest days. It only started to become a problem when it became possible for EVERYONE to start spamming dailies via broken kraptastic idiocies such as snail mounts and AP gain artifacts.

So remember folks. You want CB spamming to go away, then expect your own daily spamming to go away as well. That's the way it should be for all classes and characters.

Dailies should be dailies, not pseudo-encounters.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
    Remove all drain marks and Add global ap gain depression into pvp like heal depression may be..... :D
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    I agree it would be nice to put a 2~3 minutes cooldown on various dailies, that would resolve a lot of problems such as OP's 24-7 DP making everyone in their team invincible...
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I use the Courage breaker+smoke bomb+dazing strike+duelist's flurry combo, and it doesnt work on:

1) GWFs/geared GFs.
    2) Trascendent elven battle(the immobilize effect last no more than 1 or 2 secs).

CB is a problem if:

1) user has drains, in this case just run away, there's no chance to fight this, this case is worst than the perma stun trapper HR. ppl using the combo and drains are usually abusers, farming kills. Dont even try to engage this ppl.
    2) user has high AP build.
    3) you are low geared, it takes 2 or 3 rotations to take down someone at your same item level with that combo.

my best suggestion is to slot TEBattle, well i dont support drains, but AP drain could help in your situation.
    TeBattle....how the 2k lvl players able to afford this.....
    CB isn't categorized as a CC. It ignores all CC breakers or any sort of CC duration reduction.
    It's a condition of its own.

Or did they fix that in mod8? If they fixed that in mod8, then CB shouldn't be a problem in any way.
    edited February 2016
    kweassa said:

It ignores ......... any sort of CC duration reduction.

1) elven battle makes the immobilize effect shorter. Not sure the amount of time. In fact a TR with elven+ITC is really imposible to catch.
    fastrean3 said:

TeBattle....how the 2k lvl players able to afford this.....

2) in this game, at 2k, even elven ferocity+shadowtouch+any atwill/glyph can one shot you, so is not CB. In this case you are just winning.

3) again that combo must be repeated 2 - 3 even 4 times to take down someone at your same item level, if you are dying in 1 rotation is because you are outgeared/your build sukkks or you were not a full health, remember that the burn part is duelist's flurry(+shadow of demise if the TR is an Executioner like me).

4) regarding SWs, me at 3k, ive could burn 3,8k SWs easily, but ive been killed easily for some unique 3k SWs as well, so you should ask to some known SW how to build you properly. But if you are at 2k-2,5k itlvl, just dont bother about pvp, at 4k pvpers have like 40000 more stats like you, is not even worth to leave the campfire at first, just wait forever until some matchmaking system will be implemented.

• xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    My problem with Courage Breaker is the "duration" of this daily it is way too long.. seriously. (9-10sec)
    Especially for classes with "no dodges" like GWF/SW its deadly!, Because we Really stuck on the place and can't move.
    For example CW's can still use teleport to keep moving or GF Blocking, slow but it's working.

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
    edited February 2016
    for SWs i admit, the CB combo is dealy, but for GWFs is not, once they pop unstoppable, they land 10k-30k atwills, only a stupid TR out of ITC will stay there to eat GWFs damage while building destroyer stacks.

and for TRs wht do you prefer?, the piercing SE, BB where you cant touch the TR or CB wich is not a one shot/rotation ability??
    the only solution i see here is making CB a single animation power that can be dodgeable or ignored if sprint/shadow slip is activated on time.

once SE will be nerfed like it deserves and CB will be avoidable, you only will see BB and lurker's going around, since there's no evidence to solve the high AP gain problem.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I am pretty sure using shift during couragebreaker is possible, have to check that, but pretty sure
    In case I get CB´d, I know smokebomb will follow and I activate shift..moving very slow, ok, but I am not disabled and my stamina is endless most time being dottet and attacked af from that TR, so in case you hit shift that moment, being a temlock, you are cc immune until you get out of somkebomb .... then I WB the TR.
    Having all sparks up I normally can stand that combo pretty good.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited February 2016

I am pretty sure using shift during couragebreaker is possible, have to check that, but pretty sure
    In case I get CB´d, I know smokebomb will follow and I activate shift..moving very slow, ok, but I am not disabled and my stamina is endless most time being dottet and attacked af from that TR, so in case you hit shift that moment, being a temlock, you are cc immune until you get out of somkebomb .... then I WB the TR.
    Having all sparks up I normally can stand that combo pretty good.

I'm a TR, and dodging another TR's CB has always been useless. I've assumed that the basic problem is that CB hits multiple times, and any hit will apply the debuff, and your dodge can only avoid one of the hits. I've also dodged SE's and still been one-shotted (there's a small window where you can actually dodge it, and if you're off on the timing you're hit, even if you're mid-dodge animation when it lands; which is especially likely with even the smallest bit of lag), and I've dodged any number of dailies from any number of classes (and in this case, I get the "Immune" messages--I didn't mistime it) and been hit with the AP drain effect from it, due to auxiliary procs (lostmauth, shadowtouched, etc.) still hitting and damaging you even when you dodge.

For me, CB is what I use to impede overpowered GFs and GWFs, or just about any other class, that you can't really do anything about if you aren't similarly overpowered. If I can kill them without CB, then the CB is less efficient than anything else, and if I can't kill them at all then CB isn't going to change that and it's just going to buy my team more time to keep them out of the fight. If you can keep really close tabs on how much stamina your target *should* have, then you can maybe do a little better, as then they probably can't get out of a smoke bomb followup. Otherwise the only guys getting sapped by that combo are ones who don't recognize they're getting CB'd and continue to stand in one place. Which are basically the same people who don't recognize they're getting SE'd and thus don't dodge it, so you might as well just nuke 'em.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    When you play pvp kill and deaths doesnt play role to win.
    IN that case tr does courage breaker for more serious reasons than kill-death ratio. IF a wizard repel a paladin out of the node tr cast on him courage -1 player cap gone.
    CB is annoying, thats it, there's no more real reason to cry over it, is the same feeling about HR roots, the damage and debuff are insignificant, you dont die instantly.

A TR using CB combo is not an "i push one button i win (like 30k power-first strike SE-160k unmitigable damage)", a TR using CB instead is tactical, and will kill you slowly.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User

CB is annoying, thats it, there's no more real reason to cry over it, is the same feeling about HR roots, the damage and debuff are insignificant, you dont die instantly.

A TR using CB combo is not an "i push one button i win (like 30k power-first strike SE-160k unmitigable damage)", a TR using CB instead is tactical, and will kill you slowly.

that´s the TR who likes to press more than one button :)
    in my case 20k+ power is sufficient to make my day in PVP facing a MI sab...
    edited February 2016
    tactic skills are the most annoying always.
    cb:slow.
    sun burst: knocback out of the node.
    repel push away from node.
    renteless avenger knockback out of the node.
    imprisonment : chain stun target.

cb becomes a problem because of the items grant you ap (devoted-snail-ap cloak-action points kits) tactics( that is feat but anyway:P). MI TR use courage on a class without dodge and no ability to defend THE next incoming attack which is ? shocking. because tr already he pressed the devoted to activate +tactics +smoke bomb generate ap.

ABout shocking execution are 3 anti-shocking artifacts in my mind find them and you will not have problem. ( I am not name them because when you play pvp you have to find ways to survive when you are thinking not when you copy builds items from other players classic example all use wheel so i too).

There are exactly ZERO! anti-SE-artifacts - CD of mythic artifact = 1min. TR can use 4-5 SEs in the same time.

the range he casts shocking Reveal his stealth as wizard many times i interupted shocking execution with repel. so i guess and great weapon fighter will land a big hit on them at this time. EXP guardians bull charge rogues every time.
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User

There are exactly ZERO! anti-SE-artifacts - CD of mythic artifact = 1min. TR can use 4-5 SEs in the same time.

the range he casts shocking Reveal his stealth as wizard many times i interupted shocking execution with repel. so i guess and great weapon fighter will land a big hit on them at this time. EXP guardians bull charge rogues every time.
    And EXP TRs are not stupid enough to try to land SE on a target that isnt affected by CC...
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    lol all the HAMSTER with balance going on right now and this is what is on top of forum....
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    lwedar said:

lol all the HAMSTER with balance going on right now and this is what is on top of forum....

You dont think its an issue? In a match not to long ago ONE tr used 36 CBs you dont see a problem here? :)
  • setillsetill Member Posts: 90 Arc User

lwedar said:

You dont think its an issue? In a match not to long ago ONE tr used 36 CBs you dont see a problem here? :)
    Problème isn't CB but DC ap bug. Happened to me in a pm match to throw a CB then instantly my AP is filled again, as long as i stay near the dc.
    With such a DC, you can spam dailies like at-wills.
    You don't need a DC to spam CB. I've experienced first hand what a high-AP build can do. By the time the first CB runs out of its duration, in about 5~8 more seconds next CB is ready, which of course, means people can refill AP up to 100% without any outside source in less than 20 seconds nowadays. It also means any MI TR can keep spamming SE until someone's stamina is totally out and eventually, it is going to land.

It's not one or two classes or any one or two bug. It's how people replenish their APs in such short intervals nowadays, which means everybody gotta frickin' make up their minds sooner or later, that if they want this level of broken shi* to go away, then they need to accept that their own Daily spamming must also go away.
  • setillsetill Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    kweassa said:

You don't need a DC to spam CB. I've experienced first hand what a high-AP build can do. By the time the first CB runs out of its duration, in about 5~8 more seconds next CB is ready, which of course, means people can refill AP up to 100% without any outside source in less than 20 seconds nowadays. It also means any MI TR can keep spamming SE until someone's stamina is totally out and eventually, it is going to land.

It's not one or two classes or any one or two bug. It's how people replenish their APs in such short intervals nowadays, which means everybody gotta frickin' make up their minds sooner or later, that if they want this level of broken shi* to go away, then they need to accept that their own Daily spamming must also go away.

Yes of course, 5-6 sec for another daily, but read my post again. Instant filled up right after a daily. I don't know how DC can do that, but seems that they are happy with it and not reporterd it. I know it works with HOT, each tick refill your AP.