test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on the Trade Bar Store

Comments

• lifeplayer1lifeplayer1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    what???
    "you were wrong"? "you made a mistake"?
    why? because no one is buying zen? shame on you!
    you are ruining the game experience and now wards will be extremly expenssive like before.
    after years of playing finally i have a chance to get wards and improve my gear and you take it away!
    this is such a bad move and i am still not going to buy any zen for wards, you can count on that!
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User

@pando on console it skyrocketed everything enchantment wise to the highest its ever been. Its very bad for the truly free to play people and the casuals that cryptic is always so worried about. Between the Xbox and PC rage, I'll give this game another couple months.

yeah this change made a lot of ppl quit on xbox
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    pando83 said:

I have yet to understand how the changes to wards "affected the economy in a bad way". I thought it was the opposite.

it removed backlog....so I guess this is negative side for them since if ppl wait for freee zen they will sooner charge some cash
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

Respectful? Un-be-HAMSTER-lievable! This is the devs being transparent with us? Just a week after the outcry on XBox over the exact same BS move? And it was pointed out that the move was made on XBox because the economies are so different, then you pull the same HAMSTER on PC version. Disgusting. The guy making all these HAMSTER decisions needs be kicked out on his HAMSTER - he obviously has no clue about this game and MMO's in general. I'm done with VIP, thank the gods mine runs out in a few days. New WoW expansion is looking better by the day...

Tbh i was going to buy VIP for NW at the beggining of next month, not a chance in hell now and i might look into subbing on WoW, if im going to pay money for something like a VIP id rather just sub on WoW.
    Kirk eyes a young female romulan put on her EV suit then her head dissapears.

Kirk : My god bones...her head is gone :eek:

Mccoy : DAMNIT JIM!! im a doctor not a game developer
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Over 300 days left on the ViP clock, probably not going to renew it, unless there are improvements made for ViP too.
    But the last official statement i read about ViP was, that there are no plans for any improvements...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • bushdog197535bushdog197535 Member Posts: 1 Arc User

"we all love this game and want it to thrive."

Clearly - this 'Love' is more like an unhealthy relationship.

I feel like someone in charge is not understanding that the love we as players have for this game is not infinite. Saying "We want it to thrive" in response to this is like carefully planting a delicate flower garden and purposely running it over with a lawnmower.. completely non sequitur utter nonsense and overly harsh... Instead of making your game more difficult or interesting you're playing with our wallets like we're a credit card that won't max out. People payed VIP in advance to get insured tarmalune bars for basic character progression. It's a blatant insult to everyone's intelligence to continue with this without explanation.

How is this making your game any more fun??

Nothing this company is doing seems to have any plan or make any sense. All these knee jerk fixes.. all the negative feedback seems to be completely irrelevant. I don't know why you all even have a 'Player Feedback' forum. I guess it's just for show.

+++ Took the words right out of my mouth, I am only VIP 7 and over the past few months have "invested" several hundred bucks into this GAME!!! most of the recent changes feel like such a kick in the nutz, free to play pay to win.... make the wards acc bound dont take them out of tbar store
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Dear Cryptic,

First of all i would like to express my obvious surprise and sadness , motivated by your new actions.

I , as your faithful customer, went past the recent fiasco and made quite a big purchase of Zen,
    at the beginning of this month.

If the prices of the Coalescent wards on the Auction house, are not satisfying to your administration and leadership of your company, then make them account bound ?

Personally i have to say it is a great suggestions.
    It is just a few clicks away and we will not then sell it at " low prices " , cos we can not. It is simple.

But removing them completely ? Why would you do such a thing?

And also someone said " nothing is free " so the wards should not be too. That is true.

But VIP is not free as well.
    A rank 7 is not free.
    I earned my paycheck and i bought that VIP, with my hard made money.

So by that standard i did pay the value of the wards and i want my money worth back. Logical, right?

This is not something to be apologized for.
    If i did something like this to my customers it would be bad. That is not how things are done usually.
    You do not make promises where you can not keep them.
    Example : http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1205498/regarding-tarmalune-tradebar-rewor

Some of us did not expect this.
    It was said once already the Wards will not be removed from the auction house as such.

At the end of the day, we are your customers, are we not?
    So it is a sad day to see this happen. I do hope our cooperation will not be suddenly cut off.

With best regards,

Arilian Beliouse

Post edited by araneax on
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• spineskin666spineskin666 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    lol Now eveything in doubled on AH!
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    pando83 said:

I have yet to understand how the changes to wards "affected the economy in a bad way". I thought it was the opposite.

Well people had to say something so...red alert! it's not the botters fault this time folks! buuuut...it was BAD for the economy :wink: their economy, we've bought refinement HAMSTER from the Tbar and no one took it from the ZEN market = no moneys for Crytpic! noooooooooooooooo !!!

Actually, I'm not even mad that's incredible
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • gokhanvogokhanvo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    sorry.i think you want more money to vip players.because u have been more focused on vip players because we are wasting money.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    hahaha - No!!!! Cryptic made a mistake? no.... I just can't believe it.

Actually, what's more amazing is they're publicly admitting they made a mistake. That's something anyway, even if it's... hey, we gave you something you like and didn't really mean too, sorry about that, our mistake. YOINK!

Having been playing STO again for a several weeks, I'm amazed at how much better run that game is than this one. The NW team should shadow their STO colleges for a couple weeks - it would be beneficial I think.
  • falseempfalseemp Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    lunarus said:

Wow as a player that opens the boxes with keys that I buy from the CS, I always banked on the fact that if I didn't get anything good form the box,at the very least I got bars I could spend in the shop and upgrade my gear, artifacts and runes. Now I will be less likely to buy or charge for that matter. Does this have snything to do with the DOS attacks from the xbox user becaus they didn't have these item in their shop? Sad really, makes me wonder if really want to continue with the game.

I agree with this, at least on a poor drop I could spend the bars on wards, now whats left, very little if you have a high level toon, infact I'd say nothing really. Well done Cryptic another worthless currency.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    I'm not surprised by this, recent decisions have shown how much Cryptic cares for its playerbase.

At least I have 4 coal wards and 400 pres wards stocked up atm, should last me for a bit, since my weapon enchants are already all pure or trans rank.​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
    edited February 2016
    etelgrin said:

regenerde said:

Over 300 days left on the ViP clock, probably not going to renew it, unless there are improvements made for ViP too.
    But the last official statement i read about ViP was, that there are no plans for any improvements...

In 300 days they can strip VIP of even more useful things it has.
    Indeed, and they can do that.
    But players can spend their money somewhere else too...
    Want to know why?
    edited February 2016
    kvet said:

hahaha - No!!!! Cryptic made a mistake? no.... I just can't believe it.

Actually, what's more amazing is they're publicly admitting they made a mistake. That's something anyway, even if it's... hey, we gave you something you like and didn't really mean too, sorry about that, our mistake. YOINK!

Having been playing STO again for a several weeks, I'm amazed at how much better run that game is than this one. The NW team should shadow their STO colleges for a couple weeks - it would be beneficial I think.

I thought the former NWO team was removed after mod. 6?
    So, isn't the STO team in charge of NWO since module 6 or 7 too?
    Want to know why?
  • tsk0n3tsk0n3 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    As an Xbox player I'm sorry to see this happen to pc as well, tbh I wasn't affected to much by the TB shenanigans being I have most of my enhancements like T fey T vorpal T neg, I only have a greater holy avenger as I'm sure most of the community has as well. As much as I liked the idea I could have made more for alternate chars rather than switching them out here and there I feel bad for people that are new and will be at a disadvantage and have to pay to achieve these items.

The issue is you say one thing then do another, now I suppose you will bring new enhancements soon which will make us all suffer rather then keep it reasonable to a point where I can continue with VIP and eventually get these items in time. You shot yourself in the foot this time. You crossed a line that you really can't back up upon. This was the breaking point where pwe got greedy and I'm sure 99.9% will agree. So when you say that you have been listening and you value our feed back we now know the truth. Your financial gain on a good and honest community has come to a tipping point and I don't see you coming back from this decision you have made to fix the economy. You are fixing your economy.....not ours. I will not support you anymore

Thanks

Sk_0n3
  • khaymanbbkhaymanbb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    Unbelievable. Just when I thought something was going our way, we get snookered yet again (*shakes head*).....
  • sammiefightersammiefighter Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Wards for 1/2 price of the zen store, I got no problem with that
    Zen-AD not at 500 with a million backup, was welcome.
    People buying VIP for keys with money, seems good for cryptic
    People buying keys with money, seems good for cryptic

Yeh, I see no economy problem, I thought it was getting better. And I don't even use the market. Eternal VIP daily keys cash flow must be running dry, force people to buy more wards. I'm guessing this will hurt the economy. Also not a good idea making that 2k/2.5k i-level paywall you are rubbing your butt-checks up worse

Once again glad I ignore AD/Zen store and play free, really glad I didn't save up enough for VIP and give you some cash.
    Once again, you deserve the blow back you'll get.

• malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    No one read the EULA or ToS?
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Bait and switch. Some old from the NWO camp. *shrug*. It won't ever stop.

Luckily, I never did do anything with those bars so I logged in and bought as much as I could.
    And I found out 50 min before it happens because of the guild chat.

• ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Honestly speaking, I'm not surprised either. Been waiting for the hammer to hit the PC ver since XBox got a dose of it. But was still having THAT bit of hope that they see the error in XBox and resolve that before implementing it on PC, guess not.

Personally I'm not affect by it much, I have my Enchs where I need them, sure I multi toon but I have enough gold to swap them back and forth and the pres wards from Christmas will last a while..Glad I stocked up there. In a long run, this will hit the NEW players the hardest since they don't have the enchantments yet but the saturation of Wep/Armor Enchs in AH that we faced recently will be removed, though in a bad way.

It's back to the old days folks, only without Coals at all, I'd rather they move it back to 200 tradebars each.. TBH. Coal is a Zen or RNG, from now on!
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I wouldn't have had a problem if they said "we made a mistake" and adjusted pricing of coal wards by double or even triple on the TTB store. At least I wouldn't have been up in arms about it. But to simply jack the price like the pharmaceutical industry--and remove other avenues to the goods, well, deserves reprisals.
  • flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    It is a very bad move in my opinion.
    Coal are a base item. How much dificult your access, more player will quit after 70. :/

Devs, plz, rethink this... :/
  • linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Yeah. Dunno what to say. It's all been said. Yeah.
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    You do know that the happier the users are the more money they spend!!! You guys seem to do all backward!!!
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    You'd think they wouldve learnedsomething from all the other fiasco they've presided over
This discussion has been closed.