test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance will take place on Friday, 2/19 - Extended

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Update 12:12PM PT: Maintenance is complete.

Update 11:08AM PT: Maintenance is still expected to end at 12PM.

Update 9:28AM PT: Due to a few issues we discovered, we need to bring the servers back down until roughly 12PM PT.

Update 8:35AM PT: Maintenance is complete.

Wanted to let everyone know that our usual Thursday maintenances will be moved to Friday this week due to a few changes in scheduling. Thank you!

Maintenance will start at 6AM PT and run for approximately 3 hours.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Maybe put something on the launcher ?
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Right, so Friday night for Asia and Oceania. Not like it's primetime for us or anything.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    There goes my weekend of gaming :)
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    mynaam said:

There goes my weekend of gaming :)

What do you know meneer?

"If" things run smoothly we should be able to play by 7-8pm CAT.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    @mynaam It's a bit sad, that your "weekend of gaming" can be killed by an offtime of 2 hours, because that means, that your weekend is really really short. I'm really sorry for you, and wish you only the best. Hopefully the future holds possibilities for you, to soon get more time for recreational activities. :)

I for myself am quite happy with that, as I have a free day today, and will have to work friday to sunday evening. This lets me get some quests done.
    I hope there's no patch, most MMOs have had a disaster where they've put a patch in on a Friday and the programmers have been in all weekend fixing the chaos.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    The folks on the STO forum all think this is become of some new STO feature. funny. Probably it's an all-day workshop. Maybe they hired a consultant to tell them how to write good MMO storylines?
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    Is there a patch or only a restart of the servers?
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    solbergx said:

Is there a patch or only a restart of the servers?

They probably won't tell us until late tonight or early tomorrow (Cryptic time).
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
    edited February 2016
    neirgara said:

@mynaam It's a bit sad, that your "weekend of gaming" can be killed by an offtime of 2 hours, because that means, that your weekend is really really short. I'm really sorry for you, and wish you only the best. Hopefully the future holds possibilities for you, to soon get more time for recreational activities. :)

I for myself am quite happy with that, as I have a free day today, and will have to work friday to sunday evening. This lets me get some quests done.

My problem is Friday is the most time i spend online a week. And starting the maintenance on friday afternoon with a scheduled 2 hours and a extra 2 that these special maintenance schedules(always remember the contingencies ) tend to have means that i can get online at +/- 23h00. That does not leave a lot of quality time to play maybe 2-3 hours.

I really don't think friday night is the best time to do a scheduled maintenance. It is probably the worst time slot of the entire week.
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    mynaam said:

neirgara said:

My problem is Friday is the most time i spend online a week. And starting the maintenance on friday afternoon with a scheduled 2 hours and a extra 2 that these special maintenance schedules(always remember the contingencies ) tend to have means that i can get online at +/- 23h00. That does not leave a lot of quality time to play maybe 2-3 hours.

I really don't think friday night is the best time to do a scheduled maintenance. It is probably the worst time slot of the entire week.
    I was outside of my house all morning doing stuff cause i thought there was a patch!!
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    Well knowing cryptic, a friday patch will mean 2 possibilities, 1. full weekend maintenance due to technical problems, 2. full weekend of near umplayable game due to side effects of their work.
    Note: A full no bug/lag/100% perfect maintenance has never happened since beta, and as they won't work at weekend, we are stuck with it till monday, as we had already these guys manage to screw the whole server by doing just a server restart and more than once, think about a patch on friday
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User

I hope there's no patch, most MMOs have had a disaster where they've put a patch in on a Friday and the programmers have been in all weekend fixing the chaos.

Oh... there's a change coming tomorrow alright...

I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.

Cryptic doesn't work on weekends or US holidays
    Neither did they when they screwed up in the early days of CoH, but rather than have the game unplayable all weekend they came in.

And now there real reason for the mysterious move. They are removing Coal wards from tarm bars .

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    It actually feels a bit ominous that they announced the store change, but didn't post patch notes, or push a build to Owlbear.

Like, are we in for a nasty shock after the maintenance starts?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I was upset at first about them removing coal wards but then I realized,

1. We all bought VIP before they had Coal's in TB store.
    2. We managed just fine without Coals in TB store for many many mods, we will manage just fine without them again.
    3. After what they pulled on the Xbox this was written on the wall, at least they didn't do to us what they did to Xbox players, we got a short warning and a blog post from Andy.
    4. I have never bought a Coal ward from Zen store and have been here since Mod 3, I'll never buy one from Zen store full stop, no change there either. I wonder who actually buys them and it's likely those who have the least interest in upgrading their character.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User

Lately it seems whenever they use the term maintenance in the patch notes there is no patch.

That was before the AD changes when we could afford stuff.

2. We managed just fine without Coals in TB store for many many mods, we will manage just fine without them again.

I thought they were there but cost 200.

4. I have never bought a Coal ward from Zen store and have been here since Mod 3, I'll never buy one from Zen store full stop, no change there either. I wonder who actually buys them and it's likely those who have the least interest in upgrading their character.

I never will either, they're ludicrously overpriced. The effect on pres wards is going to be unpleasant too.

• zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    At least for once us Xbox guys who got boned gave PC a heads up and not the other way around. Sorry guys, at least you had time to reap the benefits of a cheaper coalescence ward. I wish we had just a day to buy them cheap.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    mynaam said:

And now there real reason for the mysterious move. They are removing Coal wards from tarm bars .

I saw the maintenance but just found out about the wards. Nice leaving out the notes, guys.
    Stay classy, Neverwinter. :#

Lately it seems whenever they use the term maintenance in the patch notes there is no patch.

Or there is a patch but they left off the patch notes.

• cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    ...and there's cyptic just in time to preform surgery with a sledgehammer.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User

So.. what other nerfs besides the trade bar store will we find -or have to search for- today? A patch with no patch notes makes me nervous.

As much as I don't want to join the tinfoil hat ranks, I have to agree with you on this... it does make me a little nervous.

But what's done is done and we'll figure it out in about 3 hours.

On the plus side, at least we got a LOT more warning regarding TTB store changes than the XBoxers... so there is that. I strongly believe that @strumslinger is doing everything he can to have our backs.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

3. After what they pulled on the Xbox this was written on the wall, at least they didn't do to us what they did to Xbox players, we got a short warning and a blog post from Andy.

They still had coals in the TB store. They were 200 bars though.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User

If those are your reasons then you should still be upset. 1 and 2 are wrong. Do you think all the enchantments in the game the last year were upgraded using bound coal wards from praying? Which by the way is now a 11 day gamble unless you pray 6+times a day.

There is a reason why coal wards are the quickest thing to sell on AH, everybody needs them and alot of them.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    So yall didn't put up any patch notes AND started maintenance early. Every opportunity to make people hate you for this tradebar change in a storm I suppose?

Seriously...

You would be wise to also be bringing up a surprise 2xAD weekend.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2016

In the universe I live in, many of us bought VIP because Coal wards were there *before the Mod 8 re-work*. You could buy 1 or 2 a month depending on your luck with the bars. I don't know what universe @jumpingmorks lives in.

Before VIP I occasionally bought one from the Zen store to resolve a 1% chance. I usually tried to get it with a coupon. I upgrade my character often. In 2 years of play, I have only gotten 3 from invoking.

• izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    Just got kicked out of server. What's happening?
This discussion has been closed.