test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Epic Contest: Drowned Shore Foundry Style

Comments

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    @eldarth - You're still giving away a 1mil AD prize to the winner of the contest tho, right? ;D Did you ever receive the Heavy Nightmare Mount from @ancientuncle ? or any supplemental loot from @kaomwannabe ?

Yep.

Prizes
    • Grand Prize: 1.5 Million AD
    • Runner Up: 500,000 AD
    • Third Place: 250,000 AD

I got the Heavy Nightmare mount, but can't recall ever getting anything from kaomwannabe.

I think one or two were finishing up their entries so it'd be nice to wait at least a little bit since Cryptic might never fix teleport/quest-reset bug. (You can sort of get around it by "Play from Here" on a quest point and moving starting location as needed.)​​
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User

WE NEED 5 JUDGES! ..... @mrgiggles651 ....have all volunteered.

This is incorrect. I provided prize money to eldarth, so I am specifically not judging or commenting on entries in order to prevent any perception of bias/favoritism (no "hey he just gave the AD to his buddies...").

I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    I am still offering to be a judge, just let me know when we have a green light.
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    no, I stopped working on mine already, I don't think I'll be playing much now... if any at all.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    ^^^^^ What @reiwulf said.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    I'm waiting for an end date and I am happy to judge the entries. I hope Andy is still willing to throw in the prizes he mentioned earlier?
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    eldarth said:

I think one or two were finishing up their entries so it'd be nice to wait at least a little bit since Cryptic might never fix teleport/quest-reset bug. (You can sort of get around it by "Play from Here" on a quest point and moving starting location as needed.)​​

@eldarth - I think @reiwulf and @instynctive dropped out.. meaning only 3 entries. All Finished. (?)

@melinden and @essenti - rgr =D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
    @zachariah92 - Loved the 'army deployment' feel. The active battle. The moving of the Siege engine. LOVED the Wave.

@eldarth - Beautiful level design. The passage to the mines, the scout's look-out, THE DROWNED PIRATE! omg! this screenshot,

I can appreciate how long it took to make those vines "just right" ;D The mine tracks leading out of the mine, I wanted a big boom ;D The glowing eyed sea-trolls in the water! =O The battlefield traps, grrr. I see you still have some finishing work to do, but the finale looked incredible!

Amazing how some of our designs were so similar! Eldarth we both put our 'HQ' in the same place, and put a bridge over a walkway in the same spot! Zach our 'Mines' areas were very similar, and we both used Druids, Harpers, and 'Corpse's lol. The two of you both had impressive underwater work. Not to mention all three of us had some water breathing/walking magic/item/potion. Great minds think alike. =D

Basically some freaking INCREDIBLE work by the both of you. After playing them both, I'm totally fine with splitting the prizes 3 ways. All of us put a lot of hours into this contest. IMO All our quests are more fun than any 0-70 campaign quest, sorry not sorry Cryptic!

@eldarth that fire seed was tricky to find because underwater got really dark for me after inspecting a lizards skyhold debrispile and getting broken goggles. Also once I fixed the goggles the conversation option disappeared so I dunno what they're for. ;D Please finish this and submit it for featuring!
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    Thanks for all the fish.
    @zachariah92 - Loved the 'army deployment' feel. The active battle. The moving of the Siege engine. LOVED the Wave.

@eldarth - Beautiful level design. The passage to the mines, the scout's look-out, THE DROWNED PIRATE! omg! this screenshot,

I can appreciate how long it took to make those vines "just right" ;D The mine tracks leading out of the mine, I wanted a big boom ;D The glowing eyed sea-trolls in the water! =O The battlefield traps, grrr. I see you still have some finishing work to do, but the finale looked incredible!

Thanks! Tried to make the finale feel "epic." Sent you a PM.​​
  • valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User

Basically some freaking INCREDIBLE work by the both of you. After playing them both, I'm totally fine with splitting the prizes 3 ways. All of us put a lot of hours into this contest. IMO All our quests are more fun than any 0-70 campaign quest, sorry not sorry Cryptic!

I agree with that. Anyways I'm playing the minimum nowadays.
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
    @eldarth that fire seed was tricky to find because underwater got really dark for me after inspecting a lizards skyhold debrispile and getting broken goggles. Also once I fixed the goggles the conversation option disappeared so I dunno what they're for. ;D Please finish this and submit it for featuring!

The "conversation" option at that point with Ramiel basically just tells you the goggles help you see underwater and you might be able to repair them at the magic mending anvil. Once you fixed them the water should re-clarify. I definitely tried to make it very murky without the goggles. :wink:

I finished the placeholder conversations and replaced some of the levitation magic in the HQ with more subdued effects -- it was a bit too bright and glaring in there.

v1.1a now published.​​
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I am still willing to throw in prizes and feature the quests.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Brief: The Foundry Community had a contest to redesign the first zone of the Elemental Evil Module, "The Drowned Shore".
    The contest details can be found at this url: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/563411/epic-contest-drowned-shore-foundry-style/p1
    The contest inspiration was conceived by: @eldarth
    Prizes were provided by: @mrgiggles651 @ancientuncle

Three authors managed to endure the endless plague of Foundry errors: Teleporter testing, Sound chooser crash, and Review system offline. (You can take this line out. ;D)

@torontodave's "Tidal Redux (#DS#)" - NW- - The Cult of the Crushing Wave has attacked the Shore! Knox has assigned you to the team of first responders. You're to head to the shore and wipe out any cultists who may be harassing the Fisherfolk. Doomguides, Harpers, and agents of the Emerald Enclave will be around to assist you. Try not to get wet.

edit: Hey its dinnertime, I'm gonna edit this later and put the NW code in.. altho I guess if it gets featured, the NW code will change. =D

@eldarth and @zachariah92 should put their summaries in this thread
    @strumslinger since there's only 3 entries, what kinda prizes are we talking here? lets shoot for the moon. =D take up a collection at PWE. ;D ;D
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • zachariah92zachariah92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Brief: The Foundry Community had a contest to redesign the first zone of the Elemental Evil Module, "The Drowned Shore".
    The contest details can be found at this url: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/563411/epic-contest-drowned-shore-foundry-style/p1

Three authors managed to endure the endless plague of Foundry errors: Teleporter testing, Sound chooser crash, and Review system offline. (You can take this line out. ;D)

@zachariah92 : Drowned Shore: Disembark #DS# - NW-DRTBVIVMU

Link: Drowned Shore Disembark

A little child has given to you a sealed scroll with the Lord Neverember seal.

As you break the seal, you read:

In this hour of need, we need of your services. At Raven Cliff Beach, some unknown forces have annihilated the Neverwinter Guard stationed there. We are sending forces on foot to deal with them, but in the meantime, we want to strike them by surprise, disembarking and attacking them from behind, where they don't expect us. Do not hesitate! Go to Neverwinter Gates and embark, do not tell anyone, this is a secret mission, and you will be rewarded properly. Signed: Lord Neverember.
    NW - DD69G42V2 - The Stolen Dragon Egg
    NWS - DPVINV31F - La Corona de la Sombra
    NW - DTKMPU3RQ - Contest: Portal - The Forgotten
    NW-DRTBVIVMU - Drowned Shore: Disembark #DS#
    edited February 2016
    Would you like @essenti and me to set the final judging date then? I propose March 4th.
    melinden said:

Would you like @essenti and me to set the final judging date then? I propose March 4th.

@reiwulf and @instynctive .. you want to judge? or finish your entries? =D

I'm fine with march 4th
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    melinden said:

I will be unavailable from March 4th through the 6th =/ But I am available any other time before or after those dates.
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
    OK, so let's judge by March 11th, in case anyone wants to make any last minute changes this week.
    It's ok for me.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User

melinden said:

@reiwulf and @instynctive .. you want to judge? or finish your entries? =D

I'm fine with march 4th
    Between school and other real life obligations, I'm certainly not going to be able to finish (I'd have to start over since I scrapped my original quest)... as it is I sccarcelt have time to play. The past couple of weeks, the most I've really done is log in and do my invoking and professioning... I still owe Commander Ander some ACT logs for Mod 9.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79

I still owe Commander Ander some ACT logs for Mod 9.

Yea well @commanderander owes us some Foundry plays. ;D

Thanks for all the fish.
    melinden said:

OK, so let's judge by March 11th, in case anyone wants to make any last minute changes this week.

still need @eldarth to submit his writeup for @strumslinger .. maybe someone on the facebook group can poke him? =D
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I'll give a shout on the Facebook page, we'll see if he answers.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5

still need @eldarth to submit his writeup for @strumslinger .. maybe someone on the facebook group can poke him? =D

Published, submitted, done.

Here's my entry:
    Name "Sage Ramiel Goes To War #DS#"
    Short-Code NW-DH4XKQXPU

Description
    As you are wandering through Neverwinter, you notice a small piece of paper blown by the wind directly into your chest.
    You brush it off, and it flits about and slaps right back into your chest. You notice there is some writing on the paper.
    As you read, you notice it is addressed to you. Sage Ramiel would like to meet with you at the HQ for the war effort in the Drowned Shore region. Upon finishing reading the note, it disintegrates into small sparkles of green and gold.

edited February 2016
    melinden said:

Okay, so... do we have 3 judges?

How's this sound -- this final weekend for any last minute changes/entries followed by 2-weeks for judges voting?

Final Entries Published/Submitted by: Feb 29th 12:01AM PST
    Final Judging by March 14th 12:01AM PST

...and Players "Easter Egg" hunt -- final submissions by March 31st 12:01AM PST (in celebration of Greengrass Festival)
    Post edited by eldarth on
    edited February 2016
    Blog: The Foundry Community had a contest to revisit the first zone of the Elemental Evil Module, "The Drowned Shore", and redesign it as they saw fit.

The Drowned Shore
    "... But this relative peace was recently shattered when a powerful tidal wave struck the shore at Raven Cliff Beach, destroying the lighthouses and seemingly annihilating the Neverwinter Guard stationed there. In the wake of the disaster a host of aquatic monsters swarmed ashore, driving back the Emerald Enclave’s forces and evicting the dwarves from the mine. Led by hideous sea hags, an army of aquatic trolls and lizardfolk soon established themselves in Blackdagger Keep, proving to be a far deadlier threat then the bandits that preceded them. It wasn't long before Harper and Emerald Enclave scouts began to report the presence of a group of strange cultists moving freely among the aquatic monsters. This collection of sailors, pirates, and rogues devoted to the evil Elemental Princess, Olhydra, quickly proved to be behind the aquatic invasion. Clearly, the tidal wave that struck the coast was no random natural occurrence and if this cult wields such deadly power they must be stopped before they unleash it again. ..." - Scott Crawford

The "Blackdagger Ruins West" zone must be utilized.

With prizes worth over 1 million Astral Diamonds, 3 entries were submitted:

Author: @torontodave
    Name: "Tidal Redux (#DS#)"
    Short Code: NW-DCDINRW8U
    Description:
    The Cult of the Crushing Wave has attacked the Shore! Knox has assigned you to his team of first responders. You're to head to the shore and wipe out any cultists who may be harassing the Fisherfolk. Doomguides, Harper Agents, and Druids of the Emerald Enclave will be assisting.
    Try not to get wet.

Author: @eldarth
    Name: "Sage Ramiel Goes To War #DS#"
    Short Code: NW-DH4XKQXPU
    Description:
    As you are wandering through Neverwinter, you notice a small piece of paper blown by the wind directly into your chest.
    You brush it off, and it flits about and slaps right back into your chest. You notice there is some writing on the paper.
    As you read, you notice it is addressed to you. Sage Ramiel would like to meet with you at the HQ for the war effort in the Drowned Shore region. Upon finishing reading the note, it disintegrates into small sparkles of green and gold.

Author: @zachariah92
    Name: "Disembark #DS#"
    Short Code: NW-DRTBVIVMU
    Description:
    In this hour of need, we need of your services. At Raven Cliff Beach, some unknown forces have annihilated the Neverwinter Guard stationed there. We are sending forces on foot to deal with them, but in the meantime, we want to strike them by surprise, disembarking and attacking them from behind, where they don't expect us. Do not hesitate! Go to Neverwinter Gates and embark, do not tell anyone, this is a secret mission, and you will be rewarded properly. Signed: Lord Neverember.

These entries can be found by searching the 'Catalog' on the 'L'anding screen for: #DS#, or by checking the 'Featured' tab.

Check the contest thread for details on how you can win an Epic Heavy Nightmare Mount just by playing the quests and finding the Easter eggs!
    Players "Easter Egg" hunt -- final submissions by March 31st 12:01AM PST (in celebration of Greengrass Festival) in the Foundry subforum thread.

-------- eof

Thanks @strumslinger .. btw, when you play mine, look for the NPC named after you. ;D

I'm also fine with these dates guys
    Final Entries Published/Submitted by: Feb 29th 12:01AM PST
    Final Judging by March 14th 12:01AM PST

so hopefully we can get them featured by feb29th? depending if strum has a place to live or not. :'(

judges: @melinden @essenti and we need a third, @reiwulf or @instynctive ? one of you reply and say yes? =D first to reply gets the spot!

edit: they're all 'final', so you can play em on a maintenance stream on friday ;D ;D

double edit: the shortcodes will change after you feature them, so make sure you update the blog post with the featured shortcodes =D
    Post edited by torontodave on
    Thanks for all the fish.

judges: @melinden @essenti and we need a third, @reiwulf or @instynctive ? one of you reply and say yes? =D first to reply gets the spot!

...or maybe @Locksheon would be a good judge and/or stream all of them now that they are final?
    No one else responded when I asked for judges other than @essenti, so we may have to make due with just the two of us.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Woot! What day would you guys want the blog to be published? I'm thinking sometime this weekend? Maybe Saturday?

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

The sooner the better.