test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Class feature of the Rogue is not a signature , distributed to all classes of the game

vicelord3vicelord3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Dear developers , I have a few questions , please answer them.
1.why you gave my class the opportunity of invisibility all classes of the game.
2.why feature other classes are left untouched? a feature of the rogue class, handed out to all .
Please remove the ring of invisibility , and replace it with for example: ring of speed , obtaining energy ,or action points, and so forth..
do not touch class feature "Rogue" is not the visibility , because visibility is not , Dodger built the whole gameplay.
Or do you want to smash the whole process of pvp in the game ? the input of these rings in the game you thereby upset the balance of pvp,

Comments

• rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Because what is accessible to all, is an excuse to address issues with just one class; examples

- Lostmauth set is insanely good for a TR
    - like Sigil of Devoted is for TR/OP
    - or that Fey/Neg makes a monster of a GWF

Because those are stuff that's not exclusive to a class, devs get a free pass to look over the fundamental issues with said class who benefit most from it. If you reverse engineer this line of thinking, it goes like this: Stealth was OP for a TR, and people complained about it. So instead of spending more time to balance it, devs just gave it to everyone. LOL
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    For my play style, the ring is actually better than the innate + fully feated stealth the TR has -- I mean it actually does what I want from stealth better than I could normally and makes it so that I was able to respect and free up all those wasteful (in light of the rings) feats and still have better stealth than normal. Now I know some play a more stealthy form but I used stealth for positioning for a good first attack and to escape and it is superior in this case by itself than everything the rogue had access to otherwise. But I don't play anymore since they have gone and thoroughly trashed all aspects of the game so...
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Me, I'm waiting for the Ring of 4th Encounter Slot to come up. Probably be available to you at 25,000 ZEN!
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    If I ever got a Ring of Ambush... +4, I would use it. I have actually seen TRs who use this tool. I wonder if it works on auto-crits for the TRs. Hmmm some food for thought. I guess I would have to get one to drop to make that a point of research.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • heruwath1heruwath1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    vicelord3 said:

1.why you gave my class the opportunity of invisibility all classes of the game.
    2.why feature other classes are left untouched? a feature of the rogue class, handed out to all .
    Please remove the ring of invisibility , and replace it with for example: ring of speed , obtaining energy ,or action points, and so forth..
    do not touch class feature "Rogue" is not the visibility , because visibility is not , Dodger built the whole gameplay.
    Or do you want to smash the whole process of pvp in the game ? the input of these rings in the game you thereby upset the balance of pvp,

Before i tell you to stop crying and try to play the game as it is now (or not)
    I'll just remind you something
    Ring of natural order was to come out along with every other ring .
    What it basically did was take away every buff a player had on him (ring bonuses/itc/sw sparks/gwf stacks... the works)
    But what happened?
    Some people start to cry and they changed it (basically it never saw the light of live), and you see what happens now.. So by all means: cry more
    FYI ring of the fortress is like gwf's unstoppable why don't you wear it?

drkbodhi said:

I wonder if it works on auto-crits for the TRs.

no it doesn't

edited February 2016
    morenthar said:

rustlord said:

Because what is accessible to all, is an excuse to address issues with just one class; examples

- Lostmauth set is insanely good for a TR

Thing is, even if it is fixed, I don't think there would be a better set for the TR. Everyone else would likely have to change their set. Maybe I'm wrong or partially wrong?
    It works best on cw .On tr you just have a bit more control over it
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    it does feel pretty cheap that our class feature is avaliable to everyone. it's supposed to be unique to our class, that's why it's called "class feature". and I wish they would remove it. some classes that alrady have strong defenses make absolutely no sense to have such a tool at their disposal. a GF with it? an OP with stealth? wtf?
    they should treat all classes the same, have many rings with ALL class features then and see how it feels, or just remove it.
    or you know, the GOOD option, if stealth is a problem. then SOLVE it. instead of giving everyone an unfixed ability.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    kweassa said:

Me, I'm waiting for the Ring of 4th Encounter Slot to come up. Probably be available to you at 25,000 ZEN!

Yes, please!

Ring of Blocking +5 would be nice too, thanks!
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    vicelord3 said:

+1 to this man, I completely agree that stealth is what sets apart the TR. I don't like stealth for other classes, nor stealth reveal either. Imho if you want to affect TR's stealth do it directly, not with a piece of gear that is cheeky.

Thanks
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• architect40architect40 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User

Sigil of the Guardian already does that.

Use: Your Guardian Fighter's spirit will block 90% of an incoming attack's damage once a second for 10 seconds.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User

Sigil of the Guardian already does that.

Use: Your Guardian Fighter's spirit will block 90% of an incoming attack's damage once a second for 10 seconds.

is it ring form?
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Would be better if they give the ring the ability to CAST Invisibility (stealth), and the stealth lasts not more than 10~15 seconds, with 2 mins cooldown, then this could be used for more Tactical purposes rather than abuses like what it is now :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    While i do not like these new rings overall, and i agree that as a principle, stealth to all classes should not be given, i would point out a couple of things:

- It's not exclusive of TRs. HRs got forest ghost, for example. So that's another class that got stealth.
    - It's not the same as TR class feature. TRs can go permastealth, for example, and stay invisible while just standing still and under any circumstances as long as their stealth meter is not empty. The rings allow players to be invisible as long as they move. Which, for most classes, means that they can be invisible only as long as they do not attack or get CCed. It makes a difference, basically, only on one-rotating BiS toons that can "ambush" enemies. Which, i agree, is lame. but on other toons? The ring is only good to move freely, while in combat it doesn't really work. TR stealth, instead, provides the TR with multiple feat interactions that are actually needed in combat. Such as 100% crit chance. For example. Or augmented encounters when used from stealth.
    - Ambush ring allows other TR builds to basically add up that stealth to their stealth to achieve permastealth. So you can have a permastealth Executioner, mixing normal TR stealth with these rings. If you have a +4 ring, you can forget about all the permastealth setup and go for full damage. The ring will do the rest.
    - There's this ring, called Ring of Sieging. What does it give? 30% DR while moving. But...wait...30% DR while moving is GWF/SW shift ability...and a part of GWF unstoppable class feature! (30% DR). But, obviously, that DR is not all the class feature has to offer. Same as for ambush rings vs stealth.

I currently use one of these rings (ambush+4) on my HR alt (2.4 iLvL). On such toon, what does it give? Advantage in combat? Nope. Cause when an HR is fighting, he needs to stop avery second to attack. So the "stealth after moving for 2s" doesn't really add combat power. What it allows you to do is ambish enemies (which HRs already can do with forest ghost) or move freely from node to node without getting one-shotted instantly by 3.5-4k BiS premades that currently infest PvP.

Now, i won't mind if they get deleted. It would be good. But the issue is really only on BiS toons (again) using them. Why? Simple, because these BiS toons are using all those broken setups and items that allow them to one-rotate enemies.

If you get rid of extremes (one-rotation kills and immortals), ambush rings become far less effective. Since you can ambush an enemy, but it does not grant you instant victory as it is now with BiS or near-BiS toons using it.
    Also, players can always keep ready a ring of reflex sight or the other stealth-revealing ring, to counter ambush users when they meet them.

All in all, yeah, these rings are not good for PvP, which would use a rework and rebalance to avoid stomping and trolling. But the issue is not limited to "poor TRs". Since the ring is actually good for them too, unless they are MI/Sabo builds. And MI/Sabo TRs can't compain about anything at the moment...since they are one of the "broken" builds around...
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    I used Ambush Ring +4 for a while when ppl though it's rubbish, my KD rate was 1:30, and the only time I die are either being ganked by 3~4 ppl or being one rotated by GFs, not much others has the chance to bring me down. Once I took Ambush ring off, the KD rate slowly drop to about 1: 10~15, I dont think I need to explain how OP that ring is :D
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    icyphish said:

I used Ambush Ring +4 for a while when ppl though it's rubbish, my KD rate was 1:30, and the only time I die are either being ganked by 3~4 ppl or being one rotated by GFs, not much others has the chance to bring me down. Once I took Ambush ring off, the KD rate slowly drop to about 1: 10~15, I dont think I need to explain how OP that ring is :D

Which is the reason why i do not use it on my GWF. But it's also true that Ring of Ambush has a very different impact on different classes and iLvLs. For example, do you think that slotting it on a 4k GF is the same as slotting it on a 2k HR? Or slotting it on a 4k GWF or 4k CW compared to, let's say, a 2k SW?
    The ring overall gives the user the ability to ambush the enemy (except the +5 legendary which might actually impact on combat at every iLvL), but only at BiS or close to BiS levels is really OP, because at that level you can burst a lot more, making the "ambush" advantage, decisive. My opinion.

I made an experiment: i unslotted it. First match, vs midnight+black lotus 4k premade, Hussbro 4k Paladin with ring of ambush +4. We couldn't move a finger.

I think i'm kind enough not using it on my main, in this environment.

BTW, as explained, it's not TRs who get their "signature power" stolen. As i said, ring of sieging gives 30% DR while moving. Same as GWF sprint or unstoppable...and there are lots of differences between real TR stealth and the ring.
  • pmabrahampmabraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 145 Arc User
    rings of ambush are as bad as the bugged coward rings used to be... it's bad enough when you have a 1 to 2K score difference, and then those with the 3k to 4k item level have the rings, drains, et all against those with less than 3K item level... and game over.
  • martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    Chill everyone, the rings were intended so you can run around PVE zones without aggroing mobs, clearly the epic mounts weren't strong enough and people kept getting dismounted so the solution was to introduce stealth rings.