test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why do the PvP developers hate the Scourge Warlock?

nullvaluepointnullvaluepoint Member Posts: 88 Arc User
Pretty much everything is broken, imbalanced, and unplayable. I had a giant list of problems, and I was planning on typing them all out when I suddenly realized that it was a list of every single PvP mechanic available in game. That's right. Literally EVERYTHING is broken for this weak pathetic class.

Every other class has a multitude of abilities that are useful for PvP that actually function as intended. (Cast time, effectiveness, damage, refresh, etc.) SW has none. For instance, Grasp of Hadar has something like a 2 second cast time and lasts less than a quarter second and does almost no damage. With such long cast times and every other class's ability to stun, control, knockback, etc, we can barely cast anything anyways. Not before dying nearly instantly. SW are also the primary target when attacking a group. We're basically a free kill.

Come on, you guys have the internal metrics to know this stuff, right? At least I hope you do. I may be putting too much faith in your data analysis considering how poorly balanced PvP is.

And then there's matchmaking. HAHAHAHA. It's too bad nobody hired an intern to program anything useful there. It's called a queue because you literally pull whoever is in the queue, mash them into a group, and throw them against a PvP guild with BiS PvP gear.
Tagged:

Comments

• randomhateforumsrandomhateforums Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Because PVP is a poorly thought out half joke in NWN. You can tell they put about 0 time and thought into it. It pretty much looks like its on minimal life support post port.
  • ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Simply cutting cast times could change so much for the warlock both on pvp and pve. It's a minimal risk bandaid that has potential to be enough to satisfy and hold over until a real class rework/balance.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    @poopoomcmuffns lol, I agree this is true. I was just trying yo be reasonable to get something, anything at all. Nothing I hate more than waiting for someone to get in range and having to curse them then attempt to cast Hadars grasp, but so slow that in that time they've struck and started to cc me already. Too squishy, can't compete. Even as temptation, if not doing damage we are not life stealing, thus not surviving. Also with so much damage mitigated the return on life steal can be tough to build up in PVP and I have around 35% in fight.

If really asking for what we want, I would like to see a heal over time added to the temptation capstone. To make it closer to equivalent of mod 5 before life steal was neutered. The capstone use to heal 200% life steal, now all it does is allow you to use life steal the same way it was used pre mod 6, giving a flat percentage damage returned as health based on life steal chance value (which negates life steal severity completely btw). To make the capstone useful I would say always lifesteal for LS %chance plus additionally the same amount over 4 seconds. Similar to how creeping death does additional damage over time. Just call it creeping life. Haha. While talking about it Creeping death dot should def be cut to 4 seconds as well.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Its not as bad as you make it out to be but the class does need some work.

My thought was to make our soulsparks last past, or degrade slowly, in between battles. As every SW knows, once we are out of battle, they go away. For the unaware, as we build sparks, a great many of our class features benefit from them, Borrowed Time heals, we do more damage, etc. The problem is building them; it takes time (10-20 seconds for a full load) and in PVP, that equals death.
  • s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User

I know we get nothing mod 8, but im hoping a dev blog pops up concerning some type of update for all the class for the maze engine, watching with my fingers crossed.

is sad, heard that pally gonna get debuff on pvp especially on the bubble, hopefully that turns out to b true while hunters roots gonna get huge buff on their DOT with the slight mod on their skill feats on the next mod and is gonna b more op
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • iyodahiyodah Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Harrow storm + dread theft fills your sparks rather quickly (in about 5-6 seconds sometimes less) depending on mob size. The reason losing them quickly between battle groups is a good thing = dust to dust to continually drop dailies. Though it isn't right that we have to rely on continuously casting dailies to do good damage, this is something I do but find mildly irritating. But we do as we must to out DPS the rest.
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    s4v10rx said:

I know we get nothing mod 8, hunters roots gonna get huge buff on their DOT with the slight mod on their skill feats on the next mod and is gonna b more op

Still waiting for an Elven Battle Enchant fix to the reaction with grasping roots.

Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    iyodah said:

Harrow storm + dread theft fills your sparks rather quickly (in about 5-6 seconds sometimes less) depending on mob size. The reason losing them quickly between battle groups is a good thing = dust to dust to continually drop dailies. Though it isn't right that we have to rely on continuously casting dailies to do good damage, this is something I do but find mildly irritating. But we do as we must to out DPS the rest.

In PVP:

Dread Theft is pretty close to useless for two reasons.
    -Its primarily a mob encounter and has almost no value (other than building spark) in 1v1 PVP situations. There are just way better encounter options
    -It points to directly where you are while its being cast. Basically, 'Hey, I am a squishy, here's where you can find me.'

I like Harrowstorm, and still use it in PVP (for the DOT and the slam), but, for the love of Christ, they need to dial down the cast time.
  • iyodahiyodah Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I don't disagree at all.