test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Resource nodes are bugged. Can't interact with them.

ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
edited February 2016 in Bug Reports (PC)
I think it's happening when someone doesn't clear the node, then the node can't be interacted with until it is cleared by the original opener. Guys, this is now worse. Now you can't even interact with most nodes.
On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

Comments

• hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    This.
    its possible interact IF you change map or returns a map. but is very annoying.
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    The most annoying thing in the world to have an "explorer's boon" just for this farming and masterwork that you worked your rear off to get then it keeps getting more and more broken by the devs. I'd like to see some compensation tbh for all the farming I've done when the nodes have been broken now forever, and still continue to be.

imgur pics don't work

@asterdahl @terramak @strumslinger Could you guys check this and give us some official word please?

imgur pics don't work

totally agree.
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Acknowledged and investigating.
    terramak said:

Thanks, appreciate the update.

imgur pics don't work

• gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    terramak said:

Sounds like the whole node got "personal" instead of just the loot. :P

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

edited February 2016
    Looks like we've got a potential repro case with Masterwork nodes. Involves a large number of people interacting with the object in a certain way; won't go into further detail at the moment due to griefing potential.

To confirm: When a node is in a broken state, do you see this behavior?
    The "vertical lines and floating wisps" visual effects appear in the world, but when moving next to it, you receive no option to interact.
    OR (more rarely, and if the hypothesis is correct, only if you'd previously interacted with the node in a weird way): You are able to interact with the node and get an item from it, but your Explorer's Chart quest progress doesn't increase by 1, and you cannot interact with the node again.

Has this only been observed with Masterwork Profession nodes, or has this been observed with Skill nodes as well?

(Edit: Added second known breakage behavior)
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    I have seen a skill node -- to be specific, theft node in the Underwing section -- where the node is visible but you can't interact with it. It was there when I entered the area, and still there 5+ minutes later when I was coming back from Phantasmal Fortress. Sorry, didn't note the instance number.
    No need to apologize, that's great info. Thank you!
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

when i got on the map, i haven't tried to pick up the nodes, i just passed around them to test if it shows my interract F press window , and it did show, while when i've gone again to check it , the interract dissappared, while the vertical lines and floating wisps are still there. so i assume by lookin at is that :
    1. whoever interracts first glitches the nodes for the others.
    2. whoever interracts first and DOESNT pick the loot glitches the node for others.

both wrong:

If anyone picks up from a node, that node gets bugged

• zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    dnosrc said:

both wrong:

I picked up from a node that someone else just took from. I think it gets bugged if they don't pick up the item.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    What if you only select a particular item and leave some behind that's unwanted
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    linoge63 said:

What if you only select a particular item and leave some behind that's unwanted

Well... that would be the problem the patch was supposed to fix but created this bug instead.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • kalhangkalhang Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    hello ... When I heard that they will fix the nodes stop collecting ..
    today come with one of my characters coji the first node and perfect but to go to the second I found that I could not interact with him and with others sucesibamente ... I assumed that as the mission had begun before the patch tapeworm bug so discard the mission to see if starting it again to dismiss work properly but I find that does not go away and leave me ... leave from another character to start the mission from scratch but do not let me grab any node .. . I tried to change the instance and neither nor let me leave.
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    metalldjt said:

dnosrc said:

metalldjt said:

when i got on the map, i haven't tried to pick up the nodes, i just passed around them to test if it shows my interract F press window , and it did show, while when i've gone again to check it , the interract dissappared, while the vertical lines and floating wisps are still there. so i assume by lookin at is that :
    1. whoever interracts first glitches the nodes for the others.
    2. whoever interracts first and DOESNT pick the loot glitches the node for others.

both wrong:

i have seen the node not getting bugged after someone picked from it, you are wrong !
    zokir said:

dnosrc said:

both wrong:

I picked up from a node that someone else just took from. I think it gets bugged if they don't pick up the item.
    i have seen a node getting bugged after i picked up from it as last node of a map. After using another map => node was bugged
    edited February 2016
    With my first map I came to Hotenow to the node closest the entrance. It was visible (i.e. the sprite) with no "press F to interact" prompt available. I stood there for a while talking with guildmates, someone else came by and interacted with the node and then I could interact with the node as though it had to be "cleared" first. My assumption was that this same person had interacted with the node prior to me getting there, left it, and then come back later and cleared it thus allowing me to clear. However, this is an assumption, I didn't ask the other player. @terramak

imgur pics don't work

Thanks again folks.

Think we have all the info we need on this topic, at least at the moment.
  • kaenkirakaenkira Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Noticed that too. Can't pick up anything.
  • jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    me three, and I've had trouble interacting with the regular resource nodes.

please, please, please fix soon. For 2 months now the nodes have been... difficult... to harvest. Now it's worse. please. soon.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • luckatackluckatack Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Please fix mastercraft resoursenodes !!! PLease drop resourses DIRECTLY into inventory. Directly! Not after "F" key. Please !!!
  • luckatackluckatack Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Please fix mastercraft resoursenodes !!! PLease drop resourses DIRECTLY into inventory. Directly! Not after "F" key.
    Just FYI, we're looking at a hotfix to revert the interaction changes. It'll go back to the way it was for the time being.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    @terramak ... I've found a good number of "un-interactable" profession nodes in both IWD and WoD.

However.. some of them are interactable.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
    Hotfix is now live. Interactive objects should be back to the way they were before the Feb. 4 patch.

Note that this change may take a little time to filter through certain maps. Vellosk, Pirates' Skyhold, Mount Hotenow, and Whispering Caverns will start creating new instances with the hotfix active, but other instances may take a little more time for the hotfix to filter through.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    terramak said:

Hotfix is now live. Interactive objects should be back to the way they were before the Feb. 4 patch.

Note that this change may take a little time to filter through certain maps. Vellosk, Pirates' Skyhold, Mount Hotenow, and Whispering Caverns will start creating new instances with the hotfix active, but other instances may take a little more time for the hotfix to filter through.

@terramak I have a question. Like 2-3 weeks ago you guys said that you have a fix and are testing it. Then it went live and it took us (the players) about 30 seconds to realize they are broken.

How did you test this before it went live?

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁