test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Blog: Dungeons to Delve

Comments

• reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    How does the Tiered Difficulty work? Like how many tiers? is it like 400 more recommended item level per tier?
  • dragonlancer#8992 dragonlancer Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I am new to the game, played 1 month so far. So far I really like it, all ok :)

As a completionist, I try to get as many achievements done as possible. So here comes my question:
    The removal of the older lower-level dungeons caused many achievements to be broken or no longer accessible,
    I talk about the "quest completion" for specific areas. I had to skip those achievements and it annoyed me.

Is there any possibility to fix this?

Regards.
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    I'm a little disappointed now. These are the shortest dungeons, with the simplest structure. They need a good rework, harder bosses (I guess, we will get that).
    But still, Spellplague, Idris, Dread Vault were far better constructed, more creative dungeons in my opinion. I hope they will return soon too.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • kaenkirakaenkira Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    T2 set looks are confirmed returning.
    Also lol @ that bloom and filters in before & after shots. Before looked better. After looks like overly blurry Call of Duty.

As a completionist, I try to get as many achievements done as possible. So here comes my question:
    The removal of the older lower-level dungeons caused many achievements to be broken or no longer accessible,
    I talk about the "quest completion" for specific areas. I had to skip those achievements and it annoyed me.

Regards.

You need to do the skirmishes as you level up,(there are events called CTA, when you can do the skirmishes in level 70 if you missed some) and the quests in the territory, and the dungeons of the territory. (You can do them in lv 70, but T2 can be hard for beginners.)
    Some of the dungeons are returning, you can complete them in mod 9 for finishing the achievement. Those dungeon, that are still missing, Dread Vault, Lair of Mad Dragon, etc. - you need to wait until they bring them back.

I wish there were a solution to get the missing achievements - there are some for Gauntlgrym too.

My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    While we’ve changed the mechanics of how dungeons work, we’ve also improved the look of the revisited dungeons, updating the lighting, propping, and FX.
    Here are some before and after pictures of some of our revised dungeons:
    So you applied a yellow filter.

:-/
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • garrolgarrol Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Here explain to me for what you add irrelevant and irritating effects everywhere?

This makes the game not more beautiful, but more annoying.
  • evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    I guess I can look forward to lots of "Need GF to kite FH" requests again. Assuming the end boss encounter is similar.
  • evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User

If you're a Righteous DC or a Concq GF are you going to be flagged as DPS or Support?​​

My Conq GF has no problem tanking dungeons

• freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    Bummer.... Spellplague to me was one of the harder dungeons in the game. Especially after we figured out CN. I'll never forget having to farm those to get the pieces that you wanted and win the roll. Mad dragon was hands down the hardest T1 as you had to do it to get that freaking helmet, oh my gosh I did that so many times! But SpellPlague man.... it had CC immune mobs that you had to kite, so much strategy with the different phases. I have a feeling the new released dungeons will just be pally fests as you really can't make something difficult when you need no heals/big dps/strategy/tactics when you have a Pally.

So while I'm glad we got some dungeons back after like 450 years of a DND game having 3 dungeons, 1 of which we did just for surplus, adding a bunch of spawn portals and 1 shots isn't exactly a challenge, it makes it all seem like Demonic HE's/Skirms all over again. I mean w/out a pally and no clue what to do, the CN first boss took some thinking at first. Then we just burned it down and that worked, then we took a pally, no one dodged/moved/did anything but spam encounters and walk through the whole dungeon lol.

So I respect your efforts at attempting to make content challenging. But I hope you respect our comments when we say it is not possible to make something hard with OP's in the game. Let alone when they can have nearly perma bubble with 0 recovery if they use the right auras and feats. I think the response would be much better if you said must Q w/out Pally, or if you bring one, there has to be a timer or something put on it. If I was allowed to post videos I would gladly record the avg dungeon run on NW with an OP.

- Yes I know we can post videos, but me posting a video of doing a dungeon with a pally would most likely be found to have a violation somewhere and moved somewhere.
  • dragonlancer#8992 dragonlancer Member Posts: 17 Arc User

Regards.

You need to do the skirmishes as you level up,(there are events called CTA, when you can do the skirmishes in level 70 if you missed some) and the quests in the territory, and the dungeons of the territory. (You can do them in lv 70, but T2 can be hard for beginners.)
    Some of the dungeons are returning, you can complete them in mod 9 for finishing the achievement. Those dungeon, that are still missing, Dread Vault, Lair of Mad Dragon, etc. - you need to wait until they bring them back.

I wish there were a solution to get the missing achievements - there are some for Gauntlgrym too.

Yes, I know what to do in an area, I did all possible quests and was able to visit all skirmishes as I leveled up. I just had to skip the missing dungeons per area. Thanks for hint with the availability of some dungeons at CTA events, didn't know that. I know I go a bit off-topic here, but final question: You mentioned the possibility of revisiting those dungeons when hitting L70. But how? (I am L70 meanwhile). I still can't find them in the queue-system, and the entrances were disabled (at least when I visited them back then)

Regards
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    evalira wrote: »
    If you're a Righteous DC or a Concq GF are you going to be flagged as DPS or Support?

My Conq GF has no problem tanking dungeons

I honestly love running with GFs of any persuasion. I was mostly concerned that they *wouldn't* count as a support since I know quite a few concq GFs and Righteous DCs :) While double tanking is fun- I just kinda wanted to know if that was going to be nessecary for the que system to pop or if having the normal set ups we have now would suffice. Also- I run dungeons on my OP without a healer sometimes~ and sometimes run without a tank on my DC- Curious how that would play out too. xD​​
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Happy days are here again!!! :smiley:
    va8Ru.gif
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    @strumslinger @terramak

Can we get details on what Item Level Requirements will be for these dungeons?

I'm hoping for 2400ish or so, myself... Like a new Tier 3!

Please don't make any 1600, we really need some tougher choices and 2400 isn't that bad, I'd love for a Tier 3 and maybe CN at like 2800/3000.

Either way, let us know, thanks!
    va8Ru.gif
  • zetahatatezetahatate Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Very, very nice. It's nice to see some of the dungeons coming back. I hope they've got stuff in them to make them worth running over current T1s and T2s.

Also, I'm gonna guess that the iLs are gonna be about this:
    Cloak Tower: 1600 iL
    Pirate King's Retreat: 1600/2000 iL (This one I'm not sure about)
    Frozen Heart: 2000 iL
    Caverns of Karrundax: 2000 iL
    Castle Never: 2500 iL

But that's just a guess from me. Can't wait to see these dungeons back in rotation, though. It's been a while since I ran them, and even Karrundax'll prolly be fun to run again.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    We need a challenge hope the 70+ Dungeons are harder than the Epic ones currently,
    Seriously to gear up is really fast and easy here we had also a lot of 2xRP Events,
    Theres alot of Players over 3k+ IL theres no need to be lower.

EndContent means it should always stay as a chalange even if you are full geared BIS.

"class requirements (tank/healer)."
    If this is true than the Dungeons "Have to be Harder & on a Real Epic Level"
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    xgrandz02 said:

We need a challenge hope the 70+ Dungeons are harder than the Epic ones currently,
    Seriously to gear up is really fast and easy here we had also a lot of 2xRP Events,
    Theres alot of Players over 3k+ IL theres no need to be lower.

EndContent means it should always stay as a chalange even if you are full geared BIS.

"class requirements (tank/healer)."
    If this is true than the Dungeons "Have to be Harder & on a Real Epic Level"

Yeah, don't kid yourself. The number of 3k players is increasing but it's still a small portion of the player population.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2016

I'm a little disappointed now. These are the shortest dungeons, with the simplest structure. They need a good rework, harder bosses (I guess, we will get that).
    But still, Spellplague, Idris, Dread Vault were far better constructed, more creative dungeons in my opinion. I hope they will return soon too.

I am guessing that they chose these dungeons because their shorter length makes them more "casual friendly." They purposefully reduced the length of some of the current dungeons that were reworked for Mod6. Hopefully, they do not continue this trend once they bring back the remaining dungeons and BoE loot. As we still won't have BoE loot drops in Maze Engine, they would have needed to keep the retro dungeons in line with the current T1/T2 dungeons, since the loot will doubtless be the same. No one would run Spellplague for simple seals when they could run some easier and shorter for the same.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus!

Question though- It says a Healer and a Tank will be required for parties?

"5-Person Teams – All epic dungeons are accessed through queues, and require 5-person teams with class requirements (tank/healer). Many of these also look for a minimum Total Item Level requirement to make sure you have the gear needed to have a chance at getting the job done."

>_> If you're a Righteous DC or a Concq GF are you going to be flagged as DPS or Support?​​

If that happened, sentinels would go as tanks and temptations as healers? Doesn't male sence.

• xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    All I have to say is:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    When can we test these things?
    twitch.tv/kaligold

Yes, I know what to do in an area, I did all possible quests and was able to visit all skirmishes as I leveled up. I just had to skip the missing dungeons per area. Thanks for hint with the availability of some dungeons at CTA events, didn't know that. I know I go a bit off-topic here, but final question: You mentioned the possibility of revisiting those dungeons when hitting L70. But how? (I am L70 meanwhile). I still can't find them in the queue-system, and the entrances were disabled (at least when I visited them back then)

Regards

CTA-s are skirmishes, not dungeons. The dungeons you can do: ECC, Gray Wolf Den, Temple of spider. (also Valindra, lostmauth and Malabog, but no achievent there as far as I remember) If you did them as you leveled up, you should've get the achievements: Arachnophobie title for doing Rothey valley quests, The skirmish (forget the name of it) and temple of spider dungeon for example. IF you haven't done ToS, you can queue with K key (or get a team in Protector Enclave to do it,) the 19-70 level dungeons are soloable easily. The epic versions are harder, you need 2000 Item level to enter, but you need to get some experience first. If you have completed the quests, skirmish and dungeon and did not get the achievement, then something is bugged.

You will be able to do the Cloak Tower (tower district), Pirate King (pireates skyhold), Karrundax (mountain and Frozen heart (Icespire peak) dungeons after MOD9 comes out. Same as above, you have to queue for them.

Sadly, there is no way to earn some achievements, you will still miss some, because the dungeons were removed after Mod6 (that's why you couldn't enter them on the maps, and why they are not in the queue system - devs should've at least give some explanation on the maps, or simply remove the qiests for dungeons, because a lot of players don't understand why they can't enter, same as you) and we still not get them back. Once the are re-released, the achievements will be available again.
  • mutjinninjamutjinninja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    Terrible idea having the epics REQUIRE a tank and healer. We don't need them usually. If we do need anyone, 4 dps and a OP tank will do. Forcing players to use a certain comp is condescending and annoying. You're telling players how to play your game rather than letting them try and fail with poor composition. Not to mention how LITTLE tanks and healers are actually played. It's already incredibly difficult to pug them. You may be able to find a healer or a tank, but rarely both. Please rethink this change. If I want to run a DPS CN challenge run, I should be able to.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    If that happened, sentinels would go as tanks and temptations as healers? Doesn't make sense.

That's also something I'm curious about :) It would be less confusing if you could just pick your role in the dungeon when you were going to que for something perhaps? I get that their is a complaint with PUGs being put without healers or tanks in instances and the que system not finding a replacement if one of these classes is lost.​​
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    Calm down, perhaps they worded it badly, but the tank/healer requirement is already in-game for pug/auto (in case of dropouts) queues and I can only assume it's simply referring to an already existing mechanic that will also be kept for the new mod. You should still be able to make your premade as you wish.
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    Are you going to POLLUTE these other dungeons with Demonic Stuff? I surely hope not... -.-
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

Are you going to POLLUTE these other dungeons with Demonic Stuff? I surely hope not... -.-

am guessing yes on some version of demoinc stuff in new dungeons.

Given that the new mod is an extension of sorts to Mod 8, Undark/Demonic expansion.

:)

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    kaenkira said:

T2 set looks are confirmed returning.
    Also lol @ that bloom and filters in before & after shots. Before looked better. After looks like overly blurry Call of Duty.

metalldjt said:

@TERRAMAK I WANT THIS SET BACK IN THE GAME

I WILL PAY YOU 6MIL AD

Some T2 skins can be created by crafting, but I doubt any of the old T2 PvP skins can.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured