test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Xbox Astral Market Fix

fert000fert000 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
Honestly the market is completely worthless right now, the zen to astral exchange is not fair for the price someone has to pay, this being said, I think a few things can change this and bring the market on the rise again. Arc, you've attempted to bring the market up, trying to get it to where PC is at, to do this you'll need to "sacrifice". I use "sacrifice" sparingly because it's not really giving up anything. You need to adjust zen prices with the market, doing so will make players buy from you, rather than from outside sources. Take the ratio between the computer version and the xbox version and adjust the price of zen so that it compares to the astral outcome of PC. Let me give you an example.

Lets say PC version is 450 astral per zen, Xbox being 150 astral per zen, these prices not being too far off from what they are now. To equal this, and to make it fair and more profitable for your company, you must make it so that everyone feels 11000 zen is going a long way. $100 on Xbox gets you 11000 zen, which translates to 1,650,000 astral, not a lot at all. On computer, this same dollar amount will provide you with 4,950,000 zen, a far greater amount, making players continually turn to outside sources for a fair use of their money. It's not working in your favor when someone can get your product for a fraction of the price, that's poor business and unrational. My proposition is for you all to discount the zen rationally, about 60% at this current time, and make it worth buying from you. While you discount, the market will rise, and you can alleviate the discount over time.

Players, you can help the market too. Stop undercutting zen sells to make a quick sell, acquire patience and there will be a much bigger payoff.

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    Let's say the PC version is around 350-355, since that is where it is at the time of this post. Xbox is closer to your number, but around 160.

You are looking at the exchange from a perspective that ignores factors like purchasing power and Zen bought/exchanged from AD.

Try looking at it from the opposite perspective. Consider in which economy you can get the most Zen for the fewest AD. Xbox is clearly better. So from my perspective where I want the most Zen for the least AD, I like the current situation. I find this situation superior because I can get AD for free and make Zen. I cannot obtain the Zen for free and convert to AD, that must be purchased with cash or AD.

But the real test comes from the purchasing power. What good is getting 3 times the AD for your Zen (your original numbers), if the prices in the AH are 3 times or more higher. I'm not saying they are, I'm not going to check. That is the area that needs investigating. I don't know which is better.

Bascially, the PC exchange rate gives you better value per dollar for set AD prices like the Wondrous Bazaar and the Xbox rate gives a better return for Zen purchases using converted AD. Both economies are almost the same in a straight up cash to zen purchase like $1 = 100 Zen = 1Starlight Parcel. There are some Zen price differences on some items that keep it from being exactly the same.

A low exchange rate, as on Xbox, means that there is enough new Zen (cash purchases) or a low demand for Zen to offset the out of thin air nature of AD. A higher rate, like when PC was maxxed and had a 7 day or more wait to convert AD to Zen, means that there is not enough cash Zen purchased to cover the FTP/conversion markets.

The are several sinks to remove AD from the economy, AH fees, Wondrous Bazaar purchases, Campaign costs, etc. There is only one sink to remove Zen from the economy, the Zen Store. There are things like double AD and 15% off Zen to help regulate the economy in increasing. A 60% discount would not be a good way to regulate as they have learned the hard way. Regulating Zen/ AD needs to be done in small steps.

TL:DR version
    There are benefits to both a high and low exchange depending on the player's goal. The tie-breaker for better economy will be best purchasing power in the AH. Anyone want to look into that?
  • Options
    shamrok#5900 shamrok Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Well in the pc version there is a ton of AD floating around compared to the Xbox version so the value of AD is inflated there compared to the Xbox, you might want to learn about supply & demand and inflation in real world economics then remember the AD market works the same way
  • Options
    kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    So our market is broken because you feel that you don't get enough AD for your $? I don't think so. The market is fine. If you want more AD then farm it. It has never been easier to get on free AD.
    The PC market, now that one is broken.
  • Options
    attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    If you think the market is broken, you must not have been around when the daily cap was 24k and a greater mark of potency was 75k. The economy is fine. Everything on the auction house is based on supply and demand. Adding or subtracting AD from the economy will not change your relative buying power. Only changing the fixed charges like gmop, coal wards, etc have a real impact on your buying power.. Thats the REAL issue, not how many raw AD you have.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    agreed it's not the xbox market that's broken. it's the bots and what not that have broken the pc version that we never had the pleasure of having.
  • Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Aside from all the valid points made, I don't think you get it. They want the exchange rate low. The less zen is worth, the more you have to spend
  • Options
    thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    Want to boost Zen...put something of value in it. I have not seen anything of value in months. The only thing I ever get, is 10x Enchanted Keys. But guess what...market has never been better as I simply convert my AD to Zen at a great rate vs the dumpster fire AD to Zen exchange on PC.

Trust me...xbox HAS the better economy!
  • Options
    thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    BTW...Zen to AD is relative to what the economy trends are. If you are buying Zen with $...you may feel your loosing, but in reality, the buying power of what you think is low...has never been better
  • Options
    s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    fert000 said:

Honestly the market is completely worthless right now, the zen to astral exchange is not fair for the price someone has to pay, this being said, I think a few things can change this and bring the market on the rise again. Arc, you've attempted to bring the market up, trying to get it to where PC is at, to do this you'll need to "sacrifice". I use "sacrifice" sparingly because it's not really giving up anything. You need to adjust zen prices with the market, doing so will make players buy from you, rather than from outside sources. Take the ratio between the computer version and the xbox version and adjust the price of zen so that it compares to the astral outcome of PC. Let me give you an example.

Lets say PC version is 450 astral per zen, Xbox being 150 astral per zen, these prices not being too far off from what they are now. To equal this, and to make it fair and more profitable for your company, you must make it so that everyone feels 11000 zen is going a long way. $100 on Xbox gets you 11000 zen, which translates to 1,650,000 astral, not a lot at all. On computer, this same dollar amount will provide you with 4,950,000 zen, a far greater amount, making players continually turn to outside sources for a fair use of their money. It's not working in your favor when someone can get your product for a fraction of the price, that's poor business and unrational. My proposition is for you all to discount the zen rationally, about 60% at this current time, and make it worth buying from you. While you discount, the market will rise, and you can alleviate the discount over time.

Players, you can help the market too. Stop undercutting zen sells to make a quick sell, acquire patience and there will be a much bigger payoff.

your suggestion have been brought up countless of times by a lot of ppl but cryptic does not want to do anything and they r old school thinking that by spamming double rp a lot of times this past few months will bring the zen/ad exchange prices up like the pc version which i'm sad to say it failed big time.
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    I'd say the majority of players don't want to see zen prices go up to PC levels. Including the PC players...
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    Outside sources will always be cheaper no matter what PW does to zen ad prices. It's supposed to take you a long time to max out your character as this gives you incentive to play and pay. More than likely those you see with maxxed out toons at the first double refinement have taken a shortcut and used gold sellers to obtain the AD to achieve this feat. The market is fine as is, just need a better way to stop outside purchases like more aggresive methods to determine diamond purchases and perma bans for those that do this on a large scale.
  • Options
    l1yevl1yev Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    You must not realize that the PC versions economy was actually ruined by an auction house negative bid glitch and botting.

Thier Zen is that expensive because thier economy was ruined, technically xbox1 is healthy, it goes up and down regularly with events and currently playing online fluctuations, however since there seems to be fewer players and/or so many events and new items we've been flooded with things to sell and support ourselves meaning its not necessary to buy Zen with actual money.

If they stop flooding the markets with old event items or new ones the prices will go up and Zen with it.
  • Options
    justnk8sejustnk8se Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    s4v10rx said:

fert000 said:

your suggestion have been brought up countless of times by a lot of ppl but cryptic does not want to do anything and they r old school thinking that by spamming double rp a lot of times this past few months will bring the zen/ad exchange prices up like the pc version which i'm sad to say it failed big time.
    while it may be the case to flood the market with events to manipulate the AD/Zen rate; it seems to me all these x2 RP were to gear people up/prepare people for UD. my .02$.
  • Options
    s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    justnk8se said:

s4v10rx said:

fert000 said:

while it may be the case to flood the market with events to manipulate the AD/Zen rate; it seems to me all these x2 RP were to gear people up/prepare people for UD. my .02$.
    there's 1 of the reason tho, new players that started this game a month or 2 months ago is going to lose out as if you see the amount of RP needed to upgrade their artifact and gear is way too ridiculous n don't think they r able to upgrade their artifact or gear to legendary within a week by doing it legitimately, if the devs did have the gamers in mind, they should make the dbl rp last till the release of mod 8 or they can spend $5K to max out on every thing to be on the same level as the vets of this game.

Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    wrong thread
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Think that the balance is okay right now.... In the early days it was dipping as low as 90ad to a zen.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    saintlysilver88saintlysilver88 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    why can you only see the top zen exchange listing and not all of them?
  • Options
    destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    Honestly when i first started to play NW, there was a lot i didn't understand, but this is one of the issue i still have with the game. Why so many curencies? I feel its completely dumb. For a start ZEN should drop. Make it so that people can buy AD directly for there real $ and thats it. The whole exchange thing bug me as hell. Personally i want ZEN for some stuff but i don't want to pay real money. At least not too much. Im ok with a 10$ here and there for a maximum of 60$, what a game brand new would cost. Sure there is DLC but well ... this is up to debate(i rarely buy DLC in games, but i think i would have for NW lol) In any case i feel im being ripped off by paying 30$ for a freaking mount or 20$ for a companion...

Give me stuff for my money.. Mount should be 5$ max, as there mostly for looks and thats it.

Anyway, to get back on track, basically i hate to see one day i can buy zen at 120 AD each, then 2 weeks later its 150, it annoy me... i don't like this whole "welcome to the exchange" aspect. I know some players do there money this way, but me its just a waste of time and an annoyance.

Its like the gold... what a damn useless thing it is... honestly the other day there was a dude selling GMOP and i think its was the first time in my 30 days of play(read 30x24hours for total playtime) that i saw someone SELL something really usefull. I see people wanting to buy all the time, others selling junk , but that it. I literally gave the dude all my gold, as in many months of play, it was the first time i felt it had use....

If only ennemies would drop AD, no need to be a ton, but more or less the value in copper of what they drop now... something like that. One currency should be enough
  • Options
    luigipr31luigipr31 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    john6522 said:

They actually want the zen exchange to be lower, that means it takes more cash to convert to Astral Diamonds on the Xbox market, so you have to spend more to obtain anything for the amount you spend.

But look it on the other side: You have AD for doing stuff (grinding). Then you can easily exchange it to Zen and buy stuff from the Zen market without paying any real money fairly easy.
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    The only people annoyed with this should be the impatient Wallet Warriors who just have to have everything RIGHT NOW - everyone else currently benefits.
    Casual players should be having a good time, since they can get Zen really easy. Most players should be able to afford the bigger packs (Hero of the North, Feywild, Dragonborn) pretty easy, along with any other items they need. Even the most casual player should be able to afford VIP. And hey, everyone could use a few more keys.
    Perfect World should be happy, because to get that 1,000,000AD mount from the market, the players who just HAVE to have it need to drop significantly more Zen.
    Even paying users should be happy as the current market volatility means an initial investment can let you make a healthy income just by playing the market. As long as they aren't the sort that demand the best of everything right away, the current environment is ripe for exploitation from the well-off.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    crom#2845 crom Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    You guys are better off comparing the economies by knowing the price difference of items within the auction house. Everything else is irrelevant.
  • Options
    nullvaluepointnullvaluepoint Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    It's a self balancing system. Plus, you can only convert as much AD to zen as there is zen being bought by players. If there's a flood of any type of currency then the value of that currency drops.
  • Options
    kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    I like it on xbox with zen being low because the formentioned reasons of being able to use my AD i been hoarding to buy it. But i been playing daily since day one. The people i talk to who want it at pc levels either bought a large amount of zen back when it was much higher or for some reason thinks zen exchange is a direct reflection of how the overall economy is doing. So it being higher will somehow benefit them. I think their are other factors being missed and i dont claim to know them all. The good reason to have it higher would be to buy it with cash and make it worth it. Seeing advertised non stop in the enclave that you can buy 1000k for $8 US but it cost 4x as much in the zen market does not help matters. Pc players have much more AD at hand from what i hear but the vast majority of people i come across have never even been able to save 1 million because of the constant need to refine and upgrade. The fast pace of xbox mods has put a strain on the economy i believe. Coupled with not being able to use mods to get alot of AD is some of the reason the exchange is where its at on xbox. Its always been a grind to get AD on xbox but even grinding is paying out less. I can look forward to 36k a day on a long grind.
    One think that i see going on that bothers me is the systematic devalulization of items over time buy the makers. These value drops seem to trickle down. Most of what we looked forward to getting when buying keys is now so low buying keys doesnt pay out unless you get a mount. We all know the odds of that. We need new items to get put in the upcoming boxes so we can make them worth buying again.