test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any news of new module?

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
many of us read about the new DnD module that will be released by Wotc, Return to Ravenloft. As Wotc usually makes modules for all of its products many of us expected it to be the next NW module. However since we haven't got any news from that these days, I'm starting to think it might not be the case...
Wich brings me to my next point, when will we learn anything about the next module? we're more than 2 months into Underdark with no news at all about the new module, I think usually by now in previous modules we already had some sort of idea on what is coming next.
I have to say we have got more info from the devs and stuff lately in many other fields, but they have been awfully silent about this.
I know they will make the announcement when they're ready, but I really hope it's soon. I'm really curious if we'll get an Underdark v2 or Ravenloft or an entirely different thing (unlikely)
What do you guys think we'll get?
2e2qwj6.jpg

Comments

• vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    do you know about liveshow? tommorrow? :p
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    I thought that was to adress bugs and gameplay issues not news about the new module.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    If they built out from Whispering Caverns to attach Mantol Derith and *really*added Gauntlgrym back in, they could have a pretty good basis for a UD2 as mod 9. Dread Vault could be off another beaten path down there. Follwed up by mod 10 "Horrific Reign of Strahd the Impaler"!

This is what I would like to see happen. Ravenloft was by far my favorite module in P&P DnD when I played it.

Or perhaps Strahd first, followed by the culmination of Underdark? Much as Dread Ring followed Sharandar....
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    reiwulf said:

I thought that was to adress bugs and gameplay issues not news about the new module.

dont know, but i cant imagine they will provide proper answers for an hour. there can be some hints about future i imagine

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Yes, because players have been invited to alpha testing.

But also no, because invited players are sworn to secrecy about whatever content they see.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I am on hiatus from the game until new content and dungeons arrive.I managed to pull through Stronghold grind with the hope of improvement in the game content but gave up the game after seeing those ridiculous Underdark dungeons/skirmishes/endgame bossfight and scenario specific gear.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    dsn1118 said:

I am on hiatus from the game until new content and dungeons arrive.I managed to pull through Stronghold grind with the hope of improvement in the game content but gave up the game after seeing those ridiculous Underdark dungeons/skirmishes/endgame bossfight and scenario specific gear.

Demogorgon mechanic are interesting, but useless because poorly used. A well geared team make more damage by sending goristo into the entrance door and DPS than sending him into yellow circles.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

No more campaigns please. Dungeons please, and bugfixes!

This x10.
    The bugs forum is so forgotten.
    I respect based on my research by testing on preview to find out what works and what is broken. Basically doing NWO's QA job for them.
    And I found alot that is broken. Check my bugs forum posts.
    Somethings, key skills and feats, have been broken for a long time.

I'd like to see bug fixes,
    HRs/SWs PvE DPS brought up at least close to GWFs,
    OPs being less godly,
    AD adjustments for SH and boons (SH building prices are absurd post LS nerf),
    Lag fixes,
    At least a couple classic dungeons brought back.

I can wait for Ravenloft or whatever. The core game needs some attention.

• reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    people, please stop asking for cryptic to not have new content and fix bugs instead. They are two completely unrelated things and people who work on those 2 things are different teams.
    Also Wotc decides on times and cryptic has to adapt to it, cryptic cant just go "hey, we won't have any more new content untill we fix the bugs."
    so fixing bugs is a good thing but it will NEVER com instead of new content, that just won't happen.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    reiwulf said:

people, please stop asking for cryptic to not have new content and fix bugs instead. They are two completely unrelated things and people who work on those 2 things are different teams.
    Also Wotc decides on times and cryptic has to adapt to it, cryptic cant just go "hey, we won't have any more new content untill we fix the bugs."
    so fixing bugs is a good thing but it will NEVER com instead of new content, that just won't happen.

I guess it really comes down to the terms of the WoTC contract that I'm sure we'll never know.
    I agree that the D&D timelines effect NWO releases. D&D Online leases the WoTC IP also but released elemental evil much later then NWO did.
    I don't think there is two separate teams for bugs and enhancement. Not since the 50% staff purge of last year (and others left since then).
    If anything, it's probably the same guys working on all 4 of the games now. It would explain the lowering quality/content.

You're probably right on all counts, but I'm saying that NWO is building extensions to a house that has a busted foundation.
    Some of these bugs, especially to the original classes like GF and DC are very old, well reported, and totally ignored.

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Man I loved Ravenloft. That would be a cool module

There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)