test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do guilds in NW XB actually have their own forums?

armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
I'm used to MMO's on PC. I've played them for maybe 10 years or so & pretty much every one I've been involved in it was common practice for any guild I was in to have a website/forum.

I've been in maybe 4 or 5 guilds in NW (only 2 filled the definition to any degree) but none of them had this aspect to them.

It was always a good way of getting to know people a bit better, talking about thoughts & ideas, communicating game rules & tactics, helping 1st time players, arranging events etc etc.

Do any guilds actually do this in NW..?

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
Xane De Armadeon: CW
Zen De Armadeon: OP
Zohar De Armadeon: TR
Chrion De Armadeon: SW
Gosti Big Belly: GWF
Barney McRustbucket: GF
Lt. Thackeray: HR
Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    we've (casual gamers) been using the recruiting section of the forum for that. LOL. Looking around at other guilds in the recruitment section at least a few of them seem to have a website they reference.
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    The Guild I'm in (Filthy Casuals) have their own forums. They're a very helpful bunch and I know a few of them post on the Arc forums too.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • boatmanfall3nboatmanfall3n Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I agree @armadeonx, I was accustomed to the same on pc mmo games. It seems most actual guilds I have come across in Neverwinter for xbox use chat apps such as Line for communication external to the game.

I even created a site for my own guild but only a few people actually use it. Line chat does mostly the same though except it does not have things like a guild event calendar, polls, etc. But again, there's an app for that... we use a poll app to vote on things like Stronghold structures and such.

I may just be old but it seems like guild sites are a thing of the past.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    We have a forum which has been very active... you can check us out at www.gotwe.boards.net
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    That's the kind of thing I'm used to wdj40, nice activity there too. I'll check out those apps boatman but I really hope they don't die - maybe its just a platform thing but I used to like logging in on my phone when out doing stuff, makes a guild into a community.

• quazakaharet#6375 quazakaharet Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    ^.^
    yes, forums, contests, news, photos, and more.
    Post edited by quazakaharet#6375 on
  • hanothhanoth Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Im in Denial and we have a facebook page and are working on getting a website.
    cool

• mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    We don't bother, frankly Don't see the benefit of a webpage for a guild, waste enough time in this game without creating a website to waste even more time than I do on here rather than playing the game.
    Play the game regularly you can keep up with everyone catch up with Guild mail job done imho!
  • dreadvenemousdreadvenemous Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    My guild uses our forum primarily for keeping information long term (builds, game strategies, etc.) but we use an app for communicating and coordinating between players in different time zones and continents.
    I do play the game very regularly, like 10 hours a day. It's useful for discussions between people of different time zones and also somewhere to direct newer players when they need info. Having it all written down means you don't need to repeat yourself 3 times a week.

• crom#2845 crom Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Don't they just use FB instead of their own websites... Get with the program
  • dreadvenemousdreadvenemous Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    FB? Isn't that what grandma uses to spam all the cousins?

We use forums for informational "articles" combined with a message program for real time communication among many players at once.
  • ladydiiscord#9111 ladydiiscord Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    My guild Ravenlock has both a website and a closed facebook group for communication of all different kinds.
    ι aм тнe ιnnocenт, ι aм wнaт coυld нave вeen.
    тнe dreaмѕ yoυ тalĸ aвoυт, now leғт on вroĸen ѕĸιn.
    нere lιeѕ нyѕтerιa, a land wнere cнaoѕ reιgnѕ gloвal dιѕтυrвιa, вowѕ down тo тwιѕтed wayѕ.
  • mitchrapppcpmitchrapppcp Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    My guild - Death to The Unsuspecting has our own website.
  • thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    My guild...The Legendary Outlaws, use the groupme app.

Gotta say...awsome stuff! Every class has a channel, general channel, trade channel, etc. If you have not seen the magic that is groupme...give it a try!

Also, I do not work for groupme!
    haha, are you sure? ;)

I started the thread in December and a short while later I joined Ruthless. I realised my vision by talking them into letting me create a guild forum :D

I will look at groupme though, maybe it's something our guys could incorporate. Thanks for the tip.

• arianocturne#1689 arianocturne Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    O.o
  • stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Yup...we sure do. It gets used mostly for applying for member status, though serves as a great resource for storing information on ghings like how to make ad, the power of companions, appropriate content based on item level, etc.

The most interesting dynamic about xb1 vs pc player base though has been that console players are very new to the forum tool. The Line app our alliance (pg) uses gets way more use.

Check em out: NeverwinterLegacy.proboards.com
  • indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    We had a forum for LGPG at one point but it was definitely underutilized. Like alot of the other guilds we use chat apps and one of my officers runs a facebook group.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
    I guess it's a lot easier on PC - you can have the forum open on the same screen and just alt-tab between it and the game.

• destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    We use facebook group in Rebel Souls.

Honestly since FB has become what it is today i find old time forums obsolete. I mean for a VERY active website sure but for most stuff i feel its a hassle to remember logins and have to go to seperate places all the time. With FB i see notification for new stuff from my own page, much quicker, its like one big portal where i can go to all my groups and pages
  • sergeanttensergeantten Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Denial uses Discord to communicte with Denial Members and our Alliance Guild Leaders. We have about 20 channels, some only visible to Officers, and this allows us to post links and chat in certain areas that would find more interest in it versus others (i.e. A link showing that solo or duo Domination is coming out may go in PvP channel, while efficent methods of participating in an event (based on our members experience on PC or information gathered on the internet/forums) fits better in our "PvE" channel).

We considered developing a website, but there are many tools out there which have seemed to be more useful and user-friendly for our needs. We also considered Line App, Skype and several others until we determined Discord works best for our needs.

Good hunting.

Manderake@Manderake83
    Guild Leader Denial
    Alliance Leader
    Mastercrafter