test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Connecting rooms of dissimilar types

instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
I had already commented on this in the Foundry Author's FB group, but thought I would post here as well.

For the purpose of this exercise, I want to have a "hand dug" tunnel leading from a dilapidated dungeon cell to a "weak" spot in a sewer tunnel wall. Very "Escape from Alcatraz" sort of thing.

I can make the "hand-dug" tunnel. That's not the issue. The dilapidated dungeon cell, not a problem. The "weak spot in the sewer pipe", not a problem.

What *is* the problem: connecting a sewer pipe room to a blank "room builder" room to a "dungeon cell" room. Even placing a door to "force" the connection is resulting in a "Fake Door".

It seems that there is a significant number of dissimilar rooms that won't connect to other rooms. The last time I was placing dissimilar rooms together, there was no issue connecting them. Now.. not so much.

Any thoughts on how I can make this work?
header.png
"...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79

Comments

• rezuron#1946 rezuron Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Maybe email Cryptic about it? really, there is no other option.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I'm pretty certain that all emails/posts about the Foundry are automatically filtered into the SPAM folder or something.
    header.png
  • rezuron#1946 rezuron Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Then write about "Ingame Editor for players". ;-)
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I'm totally seeing the old prison from the NWN Peninsula district. I'm still trying to figure this out in the editor, I think it may have to do with the properties of the fake door and how to turn it into an active door. I'm spinning rooms around trying to figure placement to see what happens.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    @essenti figured it out last night... it has to do with how some rooms snap to grid. The Small Cave pieces, as an example, seem to move two squares, instead of one, so the purple brackets are off-set. It seems possible to move a sewer piece to fit onto a small cave piece, but not the other way around.
    header.png