test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Did someone break the foundry again?

guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
I have a quest I have been working on for some time. As I was doing some editing and play testing, I noticed that some of the special effects have stopped working... fog and mist effects ... these no longer appears in the quest or the editor... although these effects ARE on the map (in the editor) and they WERE working in the recent past. I WAS using the fog to obscure some details on the map.. and for dramatic effect... but now these are no longer visible. Did you guys break the foundry again?

Comments

• guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Every single time I try to play with this game... I find something else that WAS working is now broken. What's up with this game? It's not like people actually pay real money for this... oh wait.. yes they do.
  • valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    Fog FX are working in my foundries, what kind of fog exactly did you use?
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
    FX-fog large... is one.of them.. but the point is .. THESE WERE WORKING ... now they don't even show up in the editor, although the effects ARE on the map.
  • maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    The FXs are client settings dependant. Even some teleporters are invisible on lower settings. Check ur visual fx, shader and "display high detail" settings. Sometimes u then HAVE to restart the client or fully reload the map (exit and "play" again), regardless of the tooltips saying its applied as u change it. Some fx can be invisible (or almost), depending on the environment settings, some fx wont show under dx9 (altho its rare, talking about one or two).

Also i saw it so many times that i have to add, always test the quest on mid or even low visual and "high details" turned off settings (even that most of these things can be catched by just looking at the detail preview), because looking for invisible things like paintings, bottles or a teleporter or portal is almost impossible and annoying even for someone who knows that this can happen. Use these details for decor only, not for crucial parts like objectives, interactables or teleporters (better using the invisible teleporter which will always show the sparkles, additional fx can always be placed).

If ill remember it, ill try the fog later.

edit: well, ull have to be more specific and post exact fx name, if its still not working even on high visuals and reload, for everything seems to be fine on my maps;
    Post edited by maegmaag on
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
    Turning up my settings has fixed the problem. Thanks for the help.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I've had to stop placing fog because it reduces my FPS to like 1.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79