test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    i would say Bards should be next one to be released, with varied set of harper weapons, fight with sound effects, charm, and couple other attack songs.
    i dont think druid is ready, why?
    they have lot of abilities, they use nature spells, some use creature shape-shifters, animate trees or roots, the list is big, and if devs release them too soon, and it would ruin many players' expectations or not the types that we knew for years with D&D books and think devs would upset players by "switch and bait" when they invested, but now, devs are walking on very fine tiny line, and need more time to make a "true druids" which we really wants.

druid should have 3 sub-profession skill branches, Shape-shifter tree, Animal Summonings tree, and Force of Nature tree.
  • redrockls3redrockls3 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I voted for a monk. I think a class that is focused heavily on avoidance/mitigation while being powerful and fast, all the while utilizing just their hands and feet is exceedingly appealing in a game that is already cluttered with everyone attempting to be the best DPS class.

Let some of their primary traits be deflection and recovery. Have some of their class unique features be riposte and parry. Make anyone willing to get within range of a monk instantly be on their guard. There are many possibilities, hopefully none that are cheesy will be chosen.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    ideas for monk archtypes

in order for progression into one of 3 "prestige tree".
    dragon disciple tree, base of fine-tuning body chackra mode, make them immune to poison and germ, gain skin toughness with scale skin, advanced form of breath attacks, gain ability to use cestus or katar after 60/70 level.

2nd skill branch, Vow of poverty monk, different types for buffing and debuffings, primary weapon would be Bo Stick upon 60/70 lvl.

3rd skill branch, drunken master/lord of monkey, with different range attacks with throwing ammos, ammos are stronger after 60/70 levels, nice with alchemy professions.

first, they start as standard monk, and then reaching 20 levels to unlock only one of 3 chosen "Prestige" tree to build player picked.
  • mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    The next class will be a Bard or a Druid, for the Nature skill node ability.

And the next will have the Thievery skill node ability ( not a lot of class possibilities ).
  • Please monk. It's my favorite class.
  • zakienwarzakienwar Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Battle Priest with light armor and two handed smite hammer. It would have multi char heal and hp/defence buffs
  • deathdawg#1568 deathdawg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    I am torn between monk and druid to be honest. I started playing MMOs with ddo and when I found out about NWO i jumped at it even after seeing there was no necromancer class but currently my main is a Scourge Warlock and as close to necro as i can get. Monks I feel is a class they should add for a more feel to those of us that like the class, druids I would like to see as well as to this day I smile when I hear druid thinking of Pickle Bouldershoulder running around shhhing the trees and that I like the class as well.
  • nihurenielnihureniel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    VAMPIREEEE! please... sugar on top xD I'm just playing Salvatore's Attack at Dusk quest and remembered we had vampire class in 4e riiiight?! So vampires!
  • garrolgarrol Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Why not a Psion in vote? :neutral:

* Cosmos Sorcerer &
    * Moon Druid was a better choice!

Druid of Circle of Moon NOT trite shapeshifter.
  • astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    I remember long time ago when a character class called "Duelist" was offer a new class for AD&D. The Duelist was a combination Fighter/Theft (Rogue), sporting rapier and with a flamboyance of Zorro and Robin Hood combine! If my memory is correct, I vote for "Duelist"!
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Bard? Please xD​​
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

Bard? Please xD​​

Only if that will be like Bard's Tale =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_L5MtDX3tA

What about a mechanic sorcerer as a gunner class? I'm not up on everything Nevervinter, but I thought it might be cool.

Also, can I change my vote to monk? I would like something of a gunner class but if that's not doable, then kung-fu.

In D&D 4rd oroginally sorcerer at 1st level should choice the source of spells: 1) Cosmic Magic, 2) Dragon Magic, 3) Wild Magic or 4) Storm Magic.

This choice have significant influnce on gameplay style.
  • sorokan3sorokan3 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Hey folks! After my initial thread was closed I was "asked" to post it here (...) So here's the 2nd try. I've got a concept of a new class that I wanna share with the community to see how you like it. First of all: If you find mistakes (you will) please be gentle... I'm not a native speaker. Thank you! :)

I was thinking about a class named Courageous Bard, which is a hybrid class somewhere between a trickster rogue and the cleric. For his defense he is armed with a rapier and a duelling pistol. There will be two paragon paths: The Troubadour, who specializes in supporting his group and the Duelist, who is a skilful fighter and wants to achieve greatness by himself. Feat-wise there will be the Glory path (DPS), the Jester path (Debuff/Control) and the Poet Path (Support). His main attribute is charisma (+Damage+APGain), second attributes are intelligence (+ArP+Deflect) and Dexterity (+Krit).

Now I want to present some ideas for the skill tree to you (work in progress):

==========Starting Skills:==========
    At-Wills:
    Swift strike - quick combination of jabs, last one slightly reducing enemies damage resistance
    Aimed/Duel Shot - single target charged attack, dealing damage + bleeding effect
    Encounters:
    Hit & Run - short distance teleport to target, dealing damage + short daze effect, teleporting back {-- Jester feat: +1/2/3/4/5 targets
    Encourage - Allies (including yourself) get movement speed + damage bonus
    Sword whirl - Neat spinning attack, dealing damage to nearby enemies
    Daily:
    Hyperbole - creates 2 illusions (like paranoid delusions) of yourself to help you in the fight
    Passive:
    Encouraging Presence - each time an enemy is killed, allies (inkluding yourself) regenerate a certain amount/percentage of mobs max life of HP+Stamina

==========Further Skills==========
    At-Wills: Parrying Sweep - hits multiple targets in an arc, grants deflection for each target hit
    Encounters:
    Trust - Allies get incresed Damage Resistance, Ap gain and a continous heal
    Excluding Shout - Enemies get damaged and knockbacked, allies get healed
    Disturbing Chant - Enemies gets damaged and dazed (Jester buff)
    Seven At One Stroke - Shot at one target, deal AoE-Damage to up to 7 targets, party buff for each target hit/killed
    Dailys:
    Song of Glory - Allies get Temp HP, increased Defense + Attack Damage for each enemy killed (stacks up to 5 times) (Poet Buff)
    Passives:
    Fool's Luck - X% Crit Rate & Deflection for each enemy within 20 feet
    Chatterbox - Get 1% of AP when an enemy is killed, +5/10/15/20% Cooldown reduction
    Story Teller - Nearby Allies regenerate HP+Stamina every time you use an encounter or daily

==========Duelist Skills==========
    At-Will: Disarm - perfectly executed jab (long animation), reducing enemies Damage for 5/10/15/20% for a short time
    Encounter: Vendetta - Dealing damage to the target and marks it with a "V" for 3/4/5/6 Seconds. After the mark is gone the target suffers 50% of the damage dealt during marked
    Daily: One shot, on hit - Dealing massive damage, interupting the target, long casting time
    Passives:
    Duel - get 5/10/15/20% Damage Resistance against Enemies you are not facing
    Duelist's Precision - Every time you do a critical hit, you inflict bleeding damage to your target equal to 1% the target's missing HP for 5 seonds. (Does not stack)
    Counterstrike - on deflect, damage attacker for 200% of your Weapon Damage.
    Feats:
    Defaming (Poet) - Adds 20% of the mark damage to Vendetta as DoT for 5 seconds
    Fierce Competitor (Glory) - Reduces Cooldown and Casting Time of Disarm
    Slasher (Jester) - While Counterstrike slotted, do 10/20/30/40/50% of Weapon Damage on every incoming Hit

==========Troubadour Skills==========
    At-Wills: Sissy Shot - shot at knee joint, reducing targets moving speed + combat advantage against him
    Passives: All for one and one for all - Allies get a Damage Resitance + Damage Bonus for every ally within 30 feet
    Feats: Justify the means (Glory) - +1/2/3/4/5% Damage against targets afflicted by Sissy Shot

That's it for now. I will expand the list in the time to come and I would be happy about some feedback. How do you like it? Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Let me know! And tell your friend at Cryptic about this thread. ;)

CU, Sorokan
    Post edited by sorokan3 on
    sorokan3 said:

Hey folks! After my initial thread was closed I was "asked" to post it here (...) So here's the 2nd try. I've got a concept of a new class that I wanna share with the community to see how you like it. First of all: If you find mistakes (you will) please be gentle... I'm not a native speaker. Thank you! :)

:'( u seriously? Do u know or not - Bard is LEADER class not Striker.

I see only rambling skill set without discription of basic class game mechanics. That is not 'powers and abilities' but class philosophie. (As I think perheaps - I wrong).

That will be better if u first read the Playr's Handbook 2.
  • caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    sorokan3 said:

snip

Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
    edited February 2016
    garrol said:

:'( u seriously? Do u know or not - Bard is LEADER class not Striker.

I know that the bard should be a leader (and he can be that in my concept)... but I think there should be room for some out-of-the-box-class design and I find the idea of a hybrid class that can take a variety of different roles way more appealing than yet another supporter class in cleric style. Btw. what should the pure leader bard do in your opinion? Don't attack at all? Just playing songs on his harp, jumping around and warbling away? (notice the gentle sarcasm ;)) I wouldn't like to play such a class... So I thought up a bard that can either follow the ancient traditions or take his courage in both hands and become a swift fighter himself still supporting his group, but able to defend himself just fine.
    garrol said:

I see only rambling skill set without discription of basic class game mechanics. That is not 'powers and abilities' but class philosophie. (As I think perheaps - I wrong).

As you can read my concept is a work in progress and it's far from beeing finished yet. That's the reason I am posting it here - to get constructive criticism and new ideas.
    garrol said:

That will be better if u first read the Playr's Handbook 2.

I never played D&D board games and I don't feel that I need to be ashamed of that... I know there are A LOT of casual players like me out there who just want to play a fun game and don't care a tiny weeny bit if I class is 100% accurate to the board games. Not that I want to offend anyone, I just want to make my point clear...

I hope you can understand my point of view/vision a bit better now and I'd still be happy about CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and suggestions.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    The problem with that logic. Is the license holders. You know, the folks responsible for games, lore, setting and name. Care A LOT about how accurate things are represented.

Failure to consider that. Simply leads to failure in general.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    sorokan3 said:

I never played D&D board games and I don't feel that I need to be ashamed of that... I know there are A LOT of casual players like me out there who just want to play a fun game and don't care a tiny weeny bit if I class is 100% accurate to the board games. Not that I want to offend anyone, I just want to make my point clear...

Cryptic isn't allowed to develop anything that doesn't pass inspection by the IP holders.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    Well, if that's the case that might collide with my idea... seems like I have to create my own game.^^
  • aettthornaettthorn Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    sorokan3 said:

Well, if that's the case that might collide with my idea... seems like I have to create my own game.^^

I would say that your idea probably isn't TOO far away from what it should be, though. However, firearms in D&D are highly rare and probably don't fit a Bard well. I think that having a rapier main-hand weapon is good, but the offhand should be something like instruments (harps, recorders, drums, etc.) that would be on the character's hip/back. Then you'd have a choice of either using the rapier or the "instrument" for powers (the instrument wouldn't likely be actually used in the animations, unfortunately, but that would allow for more appearance customization). Once you do that, you can adjust those ranged powers appropriately.
    edited February 2016
    I thought about a flute in the off hand initially, but decided against it. Since my idea with the duelist and the rapier came up, the duel pistol fitted in pretty well... but you might be right that it is difficult to arrange with the traditional lore and I expected that this point will come up... So yeah, I have to admit that an instrument might be the better option for NW.
    sorokan3 said:

I never played D&D

I think taht is enough to understand this guy... And not read him much more =)

The game based on D&D 4rd but smt so clever to understand that.

If u want game of ur dream u can try to do this. =) But please don't spoil the game' lore, if u want smth discuss about game mechanics or/and classes READ first PHB!

The Game not need additional universal classes: and controller and striker and leader! Great!
    Your statement was so predictable... I just waited for it. I'm kind of sorry for you for beeing so bigoted/intolerant, but it's ok. Everyone has his mind and we don't need to agree. I'm just a little disappointed that apparently there is no interest in new ideas - they obviously not even wanted neither accepted. Excluding aettthorn (thank you!) there was no constructive dialogue... I hope this will change in the days to come otherwise I don't think I'll participate in this (possibly not so) creative process furthermore. What a pity...
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    If you could make up class templates for the "Snarky Spectator" or the "Forum Troll" lemme know. Id really be interested in playing those.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    sorokan3 said:

Your statement was so predictable... I just waited for it. I'm kind of sorry for you for beeing so bigoted/intolerant, but it's ok. Everyone has his mind and we don't need to agree. I'm just a little disappointed that apparently there is no interest in new ideas - they obviously not even wanted neither accepted. Excluding aettthorn (thank you!) there was no constructive dialogue... I hope this will change in the days to come otherwise I don't think I'll participate in this (possibly not so) creative process furthermore. What a pity...

Ohhh great idea, lets use dice in chess match, and still call it classic chess game. (yes yes yes, i know, we r BASED on 4e, but heck, lets keep with the standards, ok?)

Bravou!

*slowy claps his hands*

Use ur creativity within the norm of this game, after all, we r based on certain lore here. There is nothing about intolerance here, u r the one thinking u can step here with ur dirty shoes and order us around the corners. No u cant, u r the guest here, u adjust to DnD norms, not otherway around.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2016

sorokan3 said:

Ohhh great idea, lets use dice in chess match, and still call it classic chess game. (yes yes yes, i know, we r BASED on 4e, but heck, lets keep with the standards, ok?)

Bravou!

*slowy claps his hands*

Use ur creativity within the norm of this game, after all, we r based on certain lore here. There is nothing about intolerance here, u r the one thinking u can step here with ur dirty shoes and order us around the corners. No u cant, u r the guest here, u adjust to DnD norms, not otherway around.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain
    Also, game lore and focus has shifted to 5th edition (aka D&D Next), as I was specifically asked to keep the choices in the class and race polls to 5th Edition Core Classes and Races.