test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Mod 9] Soulbinder Temptation hybrid PVP/PVE build (DPS + healing + buff + debuff + CC)

Comments

• lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    All you are doing with these posts is ensuring the SW stays as a sub-par class, which it has been since Mod 6
    What is wrong with actually recognizing that the class has several broken feats
    Was nerfed badly with M6
    Is parked by many people after that Mod
    Mostly any other class is preferred over it in groups
    And is a stunned/cc'd fodder class in pvp.

Animations on various skills badly need shortening
    LS for the Temp tree needs returning to somewhere near it's pre Mod 6 level - months overdue on this deceived 'SW will be treated as a special case'
    Some kind of cc break skills in pvp - I wonder if these people have actually tried it there, it is depressingly bad.
    Increase in Soul Puppet health - I mean come on.
    Rework useless skills that are consequently never seen on anyone's UI - if you don't want to do that, just remove them from the class, same result.

People have got into the habit of seeing other classes at the top of tree - to a state where they seem to accept that the SW for some reason doesn't deserve to be up there. This is totally incorrect thinking, and damages any chance of improvements to the class.

This 'it's not as bad as you think' - still infers that it is bad. People have put in suggestions for the SW for months and months in an effort to get it up there with the best.

- and this post topic is just papering over the list of deficiencies with the class.

...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    lyaise said:

All you are doing with these posts is ensuring the SW stays as a sub-par class, which it has been since Mod 6
    What is wrong with actually recognizing that the class has several broken feats
    Was nerfed badly with M6
    Is parked by many people after that Mod
    Mostly any other class is preferred over it in groups
    And is a stunned/cc'd fodder class in pvp.

Animations on various skills badly need shortening
    LS for the Temp tree needs returning to somewhere near it's pre Mod 6 level - months overdue on this deceived 'SW will be treated as a special case'
    Some kind of cc break skills in pvp - I wonder if these people have actually tried it there, it is depressingly bad.
    Increase in Soul Puppet health - I mean come on.
    Rework useless skills that are consequently never seen on anyone's UI - if you don't want to do that, just remove them from the class, same result.

People have got into the habit of seeing other classes at the top of three - to a state where they seem to accept that the SW for some reason doesn't deserve to be up there. This is totally incorrect thinking, and damages any chance of improvements to
    class.

This 'it's not as bad as you think' - still infers that it is bad. People have put in suggestions for the SW for months and months in an effort to get it up there with the best.

- and this is just papering over the list of deficiencies with the class.

Tons off stuff to do, sure, I know that pretty well, but nothing will happen, right.
    So I am the next one to blame?
    All of you ranting about this thread, not very nice, and noone of you guys run templock, thats for sure.
    I respecced and tested it myself, first time since begin of mod 5, since LS is a stat you can stack so easily atm with guild boon, thats the difference pre mod 7.
    I spend 4 hours of gameplay and one retraining token.
    All I have shown, proves more or less, that you can run that build, right?
    Damage is ok , and it is not that bad vs. fury, do the math yourself please...capstone + 10 points in executioners gift and brutal curse, thats it.
    Heals are welcome to everyone, as I could see in allmost every pug-run, and most of players are pugging all day.
    Noone called me a burdon.
    You can outheal healerclasses, every other supporter-class by far (even I took the wrong SH boon..)
    Not that crazy as mod 4/5, met templocks in the "crazy dragon"-dungeon kiting 30 elite mobs with DreadTheft, and won that fight, stupid
    most calsses are overdone, broken in PVE and PVP
    OP broken in most aspects
    DC--> AP gain broken, PVP disbalanced
    TR--> PVP lots of broken builds
    Hunter--> PVP permadaze/root broken
    GWF broken in PVE and PVP in some aspects
    GF same , ITF overdone, crazy buff

We need adjustments, fix OP , fix some other classes, tone down the damage from GWF, so many fixes needed, I do not think warlock will be getting his rework at all.

I just would suppose to test it yourself in case you have the SH Boon, stack some more LS and get your own answers.
    In case it doesn´t work, ask for help.

PVP as warlock? I did with fury-build and damnation and temptation in mod 4/5, tons of DOM´s, pugging, no premades, hard to hold against some classes, right.
    It´s not the best class to go PVP, no mitigation, you eat it all.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

I do not think warlock will be getting his rework at all.

Adjustments are coming, before/with Mod 9, that's for sure. :)

va8Ru.gif
  • jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User
    When will we get the combat log for all of this testing?

A guildies of mine runs templock and while he once topped pain giver in a pug of MC we ended up in together I generally don't see much from his build. Granted a 20% LS boon from SH could change that or it could just mean GWF top the healing and damage chart.

I was on my SW and outhealed a templock in a eToS run, and that's just using LS and BT... The poor guy wouldn't respawn when he saw the medic chart half way through the run..

Seriously there's a problem.
    edited January 2016
    I did thiamat, running act
    I think there was no DC arround, not sure
    a 3,8 k damnationlock and a 3,1k temptationlock, and a GWF near 3 k, don´t know eaxctly

I know it is not wanted by some of you, just go somewhere else, but for the ones who think about testing temptation it should be an information

I know there are GWF that will deal 4 time more and yes its a pug run and sure I did not face the "right ones"
    all I want to state is, that the build deals damage less than damnation, less than fury right, but a bit support and big healing on top
    I am not maxed by far, 27% lifesteal is maximum at this build

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Personal attacks are considered flaming and will not be tolerated on these forums. If you can't leave constructive criticisms without resorting to attacking people, your comments will be removed and warnings will be sent. If you don't like the build, don't run it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited January 2016
    more logs uploaded
    soul bonding healed the most guys I checked for about 40 to 55% , of all incoming healing, that´s huge
    the one I picke f.e. was healed 53% by soulbonding, 12% by elfen ferocitiy and 9 % by selfheal, followed by something like "marsh blessing?" 7%
    an OP sadly not took part, the DC was doing: sunburst devine glow and Astral seal...that did near 5% heal in the sum
    OP is doing much better in healing by running healerspec, can´t say, how much in relation
    but it is fact, that soulbonding capstone in this pug scenario did great and prevented the hole raid from being erased several times standing at the heads
    near noone died, and that´s by sure not due to the one DC (who was damagespecced i guess) and did near no mititgation buffs
    and I really am surprised myself about temptation, allways told to be HAMSTER, performing like this
    I never would have tried it, in case 5-6 ppl did not show up bashing the poor thread creater :)
    thy for doing so
    and all you have to do is:
    1.full dps spec, Crit>power in most cases
    2.take Lifestealbonus from sharandar and Tyranny of Dragonsfrom -->800
    3.all bonus LS from feats and tree, +/- dragon thurst 3-5%, i took incoming healingbonus+endless consuption, but thats only selfheal to stay alive in comfortable way
    4.+ Lifesteal boon from SH

-->ending up with up to 20% Lifesteal (infight) without SH Boon on a green geared warlock, with SH boon you get >30% LS depending on your rank
    my gear has no LS bonus except one draconic enchant rank 7, because I have a more PVP focussed equip...so in case you take LS instead HP as enchants, you will get much more LS !

healing done by me, soulbonding capstone up to 100k heals, by spamming Soul Scorch

here the warlock healed by soulbonding for 26%

Post edited by schietindebux on
    Thiamat zerg run, one devotion OP 2,8k+

HPS: 16,6k vs 14,2k (him)
    DPS: 105k vs 25k (him)
    Not OP first, they are a more recent issue. If the devs take time on the Pala it will be even longer for the SW to be fixed - and we have waited significantly too long as it is.
    If they fix in order of what's the most recent then older issues will never get looked at.
    A lot of SW players have either switched - or simply given up playing until the class is repaired, when they might come back again. OP being as it is won't lose players.
    Fix the SW and maybe get more players should be the priority here.
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    edited January 2016
    lyaise said:

Not OP first, they are a more recent issue. If the devs take time on the Pala it will be even longer for the SW to be fixed - and we have waited significantly too long as it is.
    If they fix in order of what's the most recent then older issues will never get looked at.
    A lot of SW players have either switched - or simply given up playing until the class is repaired, when they might come back again. OP being as it is won't lose players.
    Fix the SW and maybe get more players should be the priority here.

Maybe, but beside that I can´t share the general opinion any more telling temptation is dead or not working.
    Lots of player never run the tree since mod 5, like mine, only because some ppl. just made their mind and stated it is HAMSTER.
    I would really recommand to test it, above some GS.
    I like it much more than the tab-spammer tree and the support is huge in some dungeons/raids, my SS also crits far above 200k being buffed, thats no previlege for a furylock.
    Even at low GS you will achieve LS 30% in case you got your boons + SH Boon rank 6 without sacrificing any damage.
    Only problem being low geared is the fact that you pull enormous aggro, more than every other class, demo is your best freind in case no tank is taking part, that´s why i recommend a bit gear and HP >100k.

edited January 2016

Schiet must say that the problem lies at low IL and shouldn't be overlooked. There are very few 3k out there but many 2.5k and lesser.

And therein lies the problem. Other classes can do perfectly well a bit lower spec'd, which is why a lot of people like them.
    Cryptic must recognize that not everyone will have the time (or cost) to get to top level, they'll still spend some money which is important to the continuation of the game.
    That's not to say that a top level class shouldn't be really good, of course it should. But these players are not generally in the majority.

It's like any mmo player distribution, the majority of players tend to be in the middle somewhere.
    Top levels should excel.
    Bottom levels should find it pretty tough.
    Middle Levels - (the majority) should find it an enjoyable challenge. Some classes currently allow this, but others definitely don't. Hence the avoidance of these classes - which should be at the front of the queue when it comes to dev attention.
    Well I've had my say for quite a long time, but time's up.
    I reckon I've given Cryptic a reasonable time period to fix the SW after Mod 6 (it was Mod 6 that busted the SW, not Mod 5 as mentioned by a previous poster).
    But time's up.
    Another mmo is launching tomorrow (although the headstart began a few days ago). You can probably guess which one, as it's a Western release of an existing game.
    Have fun everyone.
    Cryptic you where fairly good a while back.......but it was a while ago.
    edited January 2016
    yes I read and informed myself about that one, looks cool, but it seems to have no endcontent, nothing, except-->PVP , so take care you pick the right class ! Not that warlock again !
    probabaly I will take a look there too if things go on like now and my level of being bored goes through the roof

I want to add something
    Temptation is nice doing PVP, better than damnation, even better than fury imo
    I have that great mobility and can evade all time , endless stamina and eldrichs momentum + shadowfold is unbelievable good, if I would spend some more into deflection it will perform very nice
    First time I think at BIS that build will stand against most classes like GWF, CW etc. ...maybe
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • legend1555legend1555 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi it's me again :) can you tell me which one i give +1/+1 every 10 lvl ?
  • malabogpigfeedermalabogpigfeeder Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Temptation is not bad, it releases the dc from the healing, on my case completly, the problem is 75% of the runs there is a paladin, from my experience so far: protection 1- paladin has enough ap to permabubble, making my job the same has fury/temptation making me feel useless 2 if the op doesnt have enough ap, usually dc debuffs arent enough and people get one shoted, example scorpions, esot boss, making temptation not abble to save people much more times, at my il, my dps as fury is far greater, reducing possible deaths by time.
    Devotion op, same job as fury, op devotion covers all your heals.
    Another problem is the Dc's, when thing's arent going well i analize powers dc is using and ask him to drop heals and full debuff(i have a dc, i know how to advise them), but they get extremelly angry, mostly begginers that had no idea healer sw exists because there are so few and till the moment had their head locked in "im going to heal in dungeons, gonna be so good", when face a different situation they denny it. A run with a experient DC and a GF even in a T2 is perfect, i can almost keep perma tt or is, so it's all buffs from the dc and some from me, sehanine, infernal wrath, dark revelry which is reasonable.

So, the big problem is this plague called oathbound paladin, they should be extreminated.
    I would appreciate you to not read my signature, now that you did, dont do it again.
  • zachisrisingzachisrising Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Check out this guys youtube videos
    He does good amount of burst damage as a fury warlock.

http://youtu.be/oxcgj7RDuv0
    edited February 2016

Yes, the Paladin took balance out of the game but everyone should play the way they feel it's ok for themselves. Temptation is a support tree of the Warlock class, it's able to heal and to buff his mates and at the same time provide decent DPS. Even when running with a Paladin it's still dealing damage, likely 20/30% less than a Fury but still dealing damage. So in the the end will provide less healing than a Faithufl DC, less party buff (especially mitigation) but far more DPS. Everything gets balanced out. Fury's damage is higher but it don't provide healing nor some buffs. So I think it's about playing the tree that just make you happy. All are viable in my opinion.
    The only problem come if a Temptation can't play its role well. I have seen a few Templocks dealing damage like a DC Faithful and I really can't understand how they provided so low damage. That would be a real problem for the party because it will be more a burden than anything at that level. Never give up on DPS, it's strictly correlated to healing. Low DPS = low healing too.

Fury/temptation can provide exactly the same buffs as a temptation fury. Can you help me be better? Probably my disapointment with temptation is related to my bad dps:

Stats arent correct, my arm pen is 3900 without companion gifts etc, i dont need BT because life steal is very efective, so i use DTD off hand artifact power, c.a. is 27% + 756, main hand + iwd boon, i chose to keep it this wait because of the heavy nerf passing 600 points, T.vorpal and obviously a sf, i would have gone thiefling , but it's really expensive to reroll....i have the main stats and 1% more critic and 1% more ap gain wich is kind of nice. Elol set is not a option, it's not wai in my opinion. So... any sugestions?
    Post edited by malabogpigfeeder on
    I would appreciate you to not read my signature, now that you did, dont do it again.

To improve DPS consider Blood Pact of Cania. That point on Energizing Curse is wasted, and the rotation should be Fiery Bolt/Warlock's Bargain, Soul Scorch and Dreadtheft. The latest two are so much important.
    It will definitely deal less damage than Fury and Damnation. The bonus buff over Fury is the 5% more LS from Aura of Cruelty. And therhen ther is walys the healing. Also if you want top DPS from Fury you should renounce to Dark Revelry.

I can't pact blood of carnia is one of the last feats and i have to fill some up in the beginning, beside pact blood of carnia acts as it's written, 5 feats with a constitution of 31 f.e. would result in a 5% increase, 1,05% =/, i mean is it suposed my dps to be bellow renegade? Renegade has control, much higher buffs in dps and team healing, chaotic nexus and growth are OP in team healing, but the most disappointing part is really the existance of op's ("wraaaaaa" *frustrated scream*, we were here first!) and the dps with and without dark revelry in fury is debatable, a SW with very high power can probably continuously boost his own damage by 15%, even not having murderous flames (that is dealing irregular damage), killing flames becomes very powerful and the damage wont be much further down.