test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Mod 9] Soulbinder Temptation hybrid PVP/PVE build (DPS + healing + buff + debuff + CC)

Comments

• lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    It's not Honesty, to me it's confusion. If Temptation isn't in such a bad state, how come people tried it after Mod 6, then instantly used their free respec to ditch the tree as soon as possible?
    Since then players have been trying to get something out of the SW class, muddled by the Puppet lottery damage.
    But not with the Temp tree - that died and is still on the slab, waiting for mythical Mod 99+ which will include some kind of Temptation feat tree recovery action.

To me, they have paralysis by analysis with this. What they should do in the immediate term is reverse the Mod 6 LS changes for the Temp tree. Call it something else, SWLifesteal or such, just so it can be exclusive to the feat tree that was designed around healing via damage and doesn't influence other classes.

They design a feat tree specifically around LS
    - then make LS into a watered down rng characteristic
    - good going.....
    - then introduce the Pala which put the Temp build even further behind.
    - then worry that they don't make the Temp tree too strong, when they have groups full of OP's running around.
    - pathetic.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    sure you can run temptation but your damage will be low level
    dps is needed in T2 and edemo
    pugging edemo the groups only reaches gold by having good dps classes , warlock can deal dps, compareable to other classes in that dungeon, except GWF
    fury is more benefitial in edemo compared to damnation I think, t1 and t2 damnation is better option imo, except being near maxed --> fury some told
    Warlock dies less in edemo compared to TR, Hunter, CW and some more, he does good in case you have some lifesteal :smile:

pugging, the extraheal on top from temptation can do good in lots of scenarios, probably also in edemo looking at my average teammate dying 100 times, but what about the aggro? In case no OP tanks demo my DC is focussed all time, really annoying btw.
    I did not touch temptation since mod 5 (really awesome in mod 4/5 in PVE) because I can´t imagine that it is good doing solo, nor needed doing dungeons above some gearlevel, probably I will test it some day, (in case I really go on playing this game instaed of heading to the desert)
    but in case I do I will focus on dps in every aspect, feats + boons+ SH-boon gives you more than 20% that should do fine, btw does immolation spirit proc heals?
    edited January 2016

sure you can run temptation but your damage will be low level
    dps is needed in T2 and edemo
    pugging edemo the groups only reaches gold by having good dps classes , warlock can deal dps, compareable to other classes in that dungeon, except GWF
    fury is more benefitial in edemo compared to damnation I think, t1 and t2 damnation is better option imo, except being near maxed --> fury some told
    Warlock dies less in edemo compared to TR, Hunter, CW and some more, he does good in case you have some lifesteal :smile:

pugging, the extraheal on top from temptation can do good in lots of scenarios, probably also in edemo looking at my average teammate dying 100 times, but what about the aggro? In case no OP tanks demo my DC is focussed all time, really annoying btw.
    I did not touch temptation since mod 5 (really awesome in mod 4/5 in PVE) because I can´t imagine that it is good doing solo, nor needed doing dungeons above some gearlevel, probably I will test it some day, (in case I really go on playing this game instaed of heading to the desert)
    but in case I do I will focus on dps in every aspect, feats + boons+ SH-boon gives you more than 20% that should do fine, btw does immolation spirit proc heals?

We are at CW Renrgade levels DPS wise, less than other paths but not that low, and we have Dreadtheft, provide some healing, some buffs. If we are bad what are HRs?

Soloing is very easy with Templock, at some point even without Borrowed Time and CC.

I can't talk for T2 since I don't run them.
    Since we got SH Boon and up to 8k Lifesteal at limit, templock maybe working also on a lower gearlevel, thx for power creeping, but you do need that guild and boon I would say
    normal boons is 800 + underdark boon + SH-boon atm 4k in my case + feats like hope stealer, vampire sparks, BT, soul reaping.... all together I have >20% LS not sacrificing anything for it
    at 8k LS from Boon you will do good at low level I guess, but I never tested and I never wanted to because I prefer the damagetree
    since 90% of this game is grind and I did run some time with a faithfull DC along the country, I do not want to waste any more time, as faithfull cleric I needed ages and did not get anything from my utility slot with dragonhoard enchants, its a "lose-lose "-Situation
    I really can´t understand this game any longer, no double spec, no variety, so much HAMSTER things and no reaction in time for broken stuff getting fixed
    about Hunter... there definitiely exists a working PVE Spec to your info, I met some real good ones, but tehse guys are rare as f..
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

We are at CW Renrgade levels DPS wise, less than other paths but not that low, and we have Dreadtheft, provide some healing, some buffs. If we are bad what are HRs?

Soloing is very easy with Templock, at some point even without Borrowed Time and CC.

Hang on, you are writing guides that you can't say work or not in T2 dungeons? WTF man? Seriously. People come to a guide with an expectation that the build given to them can perform in all aspects of the game, especially when you put a title like "pvp-pve-build-dps-healing-buff-debuff". That means i should be able to take this into a T2 dungeon and perform adequately...except you have not done T2s with this build so how can i trust this?
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User

scathias said:

Hang on, you are writing guides that you can't say work or not in T2 dungeons? WTF man? Seriously. People come to a guide with an expectation that the build given to them can perform in all aspects of the game, especially when you put a title like "pvp-pve-build-dps-healing-buff-debuff". That means i should be able to take this into a T2 dungeon and perform adequately...except you have not done T2s with this build so how can i trust this?
    Someone asked you to follow this guide?
    Yes, I have completed T2 with this one too, I also WEAR ACTUALLY a piece of T2 equipment (Wristguards, until I can free myself of these too).
    PUG successful rates are so low that I don't join T2 anymore and don't want to speak for them for something done in the past. And now if the trolling is done we can carry on.

P.S.: I added 'anymore' so people can't blubbling about words. And no, I don't expect anything... this is a personal point of view, not a 'T2 guaranteed' because it's stupid just to think at it.
    Well I'm not sure where you want to carry on to. It's obvious that a group without this class build and using the standard OP/DC will be far better off. Or just more OP's in the group and it would walk all over what this small bit's of everything build would do.

Sure you can say my healing helped in a group, but that's not really saying anything. I could sit at the back and spam the odd dps attack every five minutes - it would have helped of course, but would have been a wasted space in the group.

There are far better ways to construct a group - and none of them would include this mash up.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
    edited January 2016
    I think everyone made his point of view, no need to get excited, and in this case no need to get personal
    that´s exclusivley part of the PVP section in this game....
    did anyone of you run templock the last time with SH Boon? I did not.
    I only run damnation (broken) and fury not that broken and on par with most dps classes imo, last time i run VT with 3 CW´s it was about equal damage on equal GS, sure warlock should do better compared to a supporter class, but I am pure PVP setup atm...don´t say anything it´s personal :).
    Only comparing fury vs temptation theoretically and looking at the feats/trees fury has exactly 10 point in executioners gift, brutal curse and capstone , that´s it.
    It is beside the capstone not that much difference between both trees, capstone deals 60% necrotic damage on top, sure.
    I end up most time with <20% (more 16%) overall damage dealt by CD running a dungeon, so getting max. 30% + dps from capstone + the other feats, it will be about 40% + damage, can´t say....
    It would mean temptation deals 100k dps and fury about 140k....theoretically having a pure dps setup
    Biggest problem was the need to invest in lifesteal, this now is for free (in case you got a guild), otherwise temptation will not be benefitial at all.

clonkyo1 said:

Trolls should show the stats of their toons before getting ridiculous and compare the stats before talking.

A 2.4k Templock that deal double the damage of an 1.8k SW isn't bad at all.

Wait, are you defending your "Paingiver" status comparing yourself with another SW which has 6k on Power when you have 9k on power saying "i doubled his damage"????? Really????
    So a 1.8k non-Templock vs. a 2.4k Templock should have 1/6 his damage? Maybe 1/12? Really???? :D:/
    Please guys, all of you... get lost. ;)
    Don't expect anymore replies clonkyo... on any topic. This is the last. ;)
    I think it´s a bit overdone, sure templock has to be reworked, right, but let´s stay fair.
    A 2,2k HB-damnationlock will also top a SB damnation, dealing up to 80% of his damage by puppet, in skirmish/shores having a GF with ITF and some other supporter, and he will beat thefabricant in some dungeons wearing crappy green gear.
    In case you do not beleive it, we can test it, gimme that retraining token..
    I think about running templock (my build) and report, since I do not have anything else to do in this game and PVP is nothing else than a bad joke.
    edited January 2016

I think it´s a bit overdone, sure templock has to be reworked, right, but let´s stay fair.
    A 2,2k HB-damnationlock will also top a SB damnation, dealing up to 80% of his damage by puppet, in skirmish/shores having a GF with ITF and some other supporter, and he will beat thefabricant in some dungeons wearing crappy green gear.
    In case you do not beleive it, we can test it, gimme that retraining token..
    I think about running templock (my build) and report, since I do not have anything else to do in this game and PVP is nothing else than a bad joke.

Why Hellbringer? Can you explain the mechanic behind the +80%? I'm interested in this.

P.S.: Immolation Spirits are working with healing too.
    I only can tell that my SB damnation was beaten by a crappy HB-damnation me 2,6 that time him 2,1 wearing crappy gear, some green stuff
    Group buff has to be good GF, CW, DC f.e. and his puppet dealt tons of damage, happened in ESot,
    but it can be completely different in other dungeons, hard to say
    I guess its about buffs--> flames of empowerement and NPNM...I don´t know. My puppet 300-400k his 700-800k about that factor, it was mod 6 btw. and the damage he dealt (not his puppet) was poor.
    Running edemo I experienced being beaten by furylocks runnig damantion myself this mod, I looked up for them , no iliabruenset...no clue, atm I am fury
    edited January 2016
    so I tested temptation being 3,1k, lolset+axebak+firy weapon etc., zentarim lock with rank 11, 10 and 9 bondings
    pugging an edemo group, one cleric about 2,5k , one OP
    lots of aggro...
    full PVE setup, SH Boons 4800+ LS, etc up to 30% Lifesteal infight and not much sacrificed for damage
    hope the upload is working
    I healed up the hole party several times, and we did silver in the end, not sure what the fight would have been if I were fury, probabaly a big fail...
    what you see is the healing done
    and what you see is the damage done
    1. 3k GWF
    2. me
    3. 3,5k TR
    4. 3k TR
    the damage would have been bit more being fury for sure, lets say 60mio+ i estimate
    I can post some more results, meeting these imba GWF with 40k power infight lets see, my companion isn´t dieng that much btw and i get buffed all time

3. in healing was a HUnter about...no clue wich GS

next edemo vs. a 3k cleric i did 4.5 mio heal, phoning with my dad all time, him 3.9 full healer set
    damagewise 3.6k GWF, 3.4k GWf and 4k GWF did better 53 (for sure 3 x r12 bondings)-40-27-26mio (me 4th place still phoning)

thats my spec, pretty sure it will also work in PVP, but therefore I would have to switch all boons again to defense I fear, but... who will know did not test it til now

in the end temptation can do good in pugging edemo, not knowing how it does in T1 or T2

Pretty good, see? Temptation is no slouch. If you can go stats by stats you are very competitive. In fact I deal generally same damage as a CW Renegade same grade.
    It's just that some idiot is comparing apples with pears.
    The more you go up, the more you heal since it's all DPS related and with Boons here and there it is performing and if you renounce to mobility you can go directly Hellbringer. If you are low level it's a bad idea. In my situation I think I could switch to Hellbringer too but like I like the extra mobility of Shadow Walk.

What sound strange to me is that the GWF is at the same level with you, in a dungeon run it's the same? You deal same damage as a GWF equal level? That would be curious.

A 3k one can do really anything. Anyway better stay in the real world because normal people with normal gear and Boons with Temptation can suffer, there healing kicks badly.

Try a T2 premade with a 3k GWF, I'm curious. I doubt you can deal same damage. a 3k Templock should really shine as an healer too but the lack of mitigation will still be a problem without a Palabore, not in a fast run I suppose.

no i am sure outside edemo the damage will drop, since edemo is a "warlockdungeon"
    I will run all other dungeons probabaly start with T2, lets see :) lots of aggro for sure
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Pretty good, see? Temptation is no slouch. If you can go stats by stats you are very competitive. In fact I deal generally same damage as a CW Renegade same grade.
    It's just that some idiot is comparing apples with pears.
    The more you go up, the more you heal since it's all DPS related and with Boons here and there it is performing and if you renounce to mobility you can go directly Hellbringer. If you are low level it's a bad idea. In my situation I think I could switch to Hellbringer too but like I like the extra mobility of Shadow Walk.

What sound strange to me is that the GWF is at the same level with you, in a dungeon run it's the same? You deal same damage as a GWF equal level? That would be curious.

A 3k one can do really anything. Anyway better stay in the real world because normal people with normal gear and Boons with Temptation can suffer, there healing kicks badly.

Try a T2 premade with a 3k GWF, I'm curious. I doubt you can deal same damage. a 3k Templock should really shine as an healer too but the lack of mitigation will still be a problem without a Palabore, not in a fast run I suppose.

Love how you assume I don't run with gwf's, what class do you think @zekethesinner mains? Do I do more damage then a properly geared and well played GWF at 3k ilvl? no, I do about 66% of their damage, but guess what, 95% of them are bad, so most of the time, I do more damage then them. Also, "normal people with normal boons" that implies that im abnormal, or there is something wrong with me, also, your pal over there, @schietindebux he also has all that stuff...calling him names as well?

As for comparing applies to pairs, I got a righteous dc that is level 70 with no gear on it at all, its currently 1.8k ilvl and it has no fancy pets etc. I bet I can deal more damage with that righteous dc then you on your SW, if I was to gear it up to 2.4k. I will even use a plaguefire enchant since I couldn't be bothered to put a vorp on my dc. If you can deal more damage then that righteous dc, I will stop saying your builds are rubbish.

@schietindebux instead of pugging, why not go with a premade group instead? You in the same guild as @kolatmaster so I am curious how you and him compare. I run with him occasionally, so we could do a run together all 3, it would be interesting to see how your experiment handles.
    edited January 2016
    please ceep calm, all I do is testing templock ok?
    no offence to anyone, and we do not know each other at all btw, no pals ingame never met
    even not saying thes guys are all top players, no thats pugging atm
    sure, I lost against most GWF being fury at 3k with decent gameplay and normal setup , and will lose badly with templock for sure

next run VT vs 3.9k TR and vs 3k+ DC full healer
    experienced some crazy hits at endboss...felt buggy , not sure I will run act now
    you want the screnshots? In case yes, I will cover names from now on or just believeing would be also graet , thx

Damage: me 50mio damage TR 38 mio damage
    Heals: me 2,5mio, DC 1,23 mio heals done
    GF tanking

sure we can run together, but 3 warlocks? I am online atm pm please
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

please ceep calm, all I do is testing templock ok?
    no offence to anyone, and we do not know each other at all btw, no pals ingame never met
    even not saying thes guys are all top players, no thats pugging atm
    sure, I lost against most GWF being fury at 3k with decent gameplay and normal setup , and will lose badly with templock for sure

next run VT vs 3.9k TR and vs 3k+ DC full healer
    experienced some crazy hits at endboss...felt buggy , not sure I will run act now
    you want the screnshots? In case yes, I will cover names from now on or just believeing would be also graet , thx

Damage: me 50mio damage TR 38 mio damage
    Heals: me 2,5mio, him 1,23 mio heals done
    GF tanking

sure we can run together, but 3 warlocks?

I am curious, how does your healing compare to a devotion OP? You will obviously do more damage then them, but they provide healing and damage mitigation and damage buffs to the party. Furthermore, how does your healing compare to a dc specced for healing, bearing in mind, a dc also provides more utility then just straight up healing. In addition, how does the damage compare to dps specs for other classes? Finally, do you feel the trade off is worth it. Do you feel like the loss in dps justifies what you gained in return. The argument for running a temptation warlock is that you don't want to take a dedicated support role, since if you have a support role, taking an offhealer is silly. Once you have replaced that dedicated support role, you can fill it with a damage roll, do you feel that the gain from that role outweighs the personal damage loss in addition to the damage loss from losing your dc?
    Next pug group etos
    GF-TR 3,96k (same as VT, world is small)- DC 3k full heal
    very smooth run, win win for everyone

damage 1. TR 106mio 2. me 97mio
    heals 1. warlock 2,9 mio, DC 2,1mio... max heal 500k from LS, think thats a crit+endless consumption?

Temptation deals good pugging and sure, not needed runing premade all maxed
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Now listen. I have removed several comments from this thread due to flaming and trolling. I am not going to continue to put up with it. If you don't agree with how the build works, that is no reason to personally attack anyone. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Move along.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited January 2016
    elol 3k hunter, (OP DC blue geared)

hunter 16mio, me 28mio damage

heals vs DC 3:1 warlock (blue geared one..2,5k I guess)

where are the 3k GWF with BAM.

temptation si all about damage, as long as you place your dots ista good healingsupport to party by sure, the moment you struggle all could die, and you are not able to dose the healing
    all in all my templock dps setup is performing close to my fury PVP setup in dps, amybe even better since my boons were wasted for HP, deflect, defence last weeks
    edited January 2016
    found a HAMSTER GWF that allways doubled/tripled my damage everywhere + another 3,6k GWF in elol, no tank, one dc 3k+

so he doubled my damage being near maxed, I really do not think i should deal more damage in that scenario, and I saved his bud some times vs scorp :)
    sure he seems to have some PVP setup, not sure, the 3,6k GWF was damagespec i guess

edited January 2016
    another edemo

think thats a renegade CW?

3k+ GWF

I really do think temptation works pretty nice, in case you fokus on damage without exception and incase you have that LS boon from guild, and pugging you save tons of lifes :smile:
    guess that´s enough postings, sry , but it had to be done I think
    edited January 2016
    last one,
    this happens when one eats all
    those other guys also were 3k+ GWF, but some do better
    3xbondings rank 12? think so

but I healed them up for doing so, and dark revelry is no "HAMSTER buff" at all allways up 3-4kpower +, maybe more if all buffs accummulate + run speed + heals in a very mobile fight (phase 2 edemo)--> templock is a good supporter indeed, not in case of mitigation, right

lol, just recognized that I did run defence buff from SH boon all time...so add some more heals to all that stuff sry my fault :neutral: