test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Mod 9] Soulbinder Temptation hybrid PVP/PVE build (DPS + healing + buff + debuff + CC)

Comments

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    And sadly nobody can provide pure mitigation SW temptation profs since some skills are bugged, warding curse( tested myself on the server beginning) , borrowed time does not grant deflect, not just mitigation stuff bugged others like acc doesnt grant adicional 5% crit severity (with ensworcered mulhorand at least)

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2015

And sadly nobody can provide pure mitigation SW temptation profs since some skills are bugged, warding curse( tested myself on the server beginning) , borrowed time does not grant deflect, not just mitigation stuff bugged others like acc doesnt grant adicional 5% crit severity (with ensworcered mulhorand at least)

as I posted plenty times, and following the bug report from etelgrin, who tells same things and is obviously not able to scroll down the char menue
    Borrowed time offhand feature works perfectly !!!! it grants you 15% deflect with 30 sparks
    on live and on test server !

DO THE FOLLOWING: go in combat take BT offhand feat---slot BT feat! --- stack sparks 30 , open your charactercheat
    scroll down the menus and look up for defence: 1. Damagresist 2. second deflect now you can see there is a 15% deflect bonus + the innate deflect you got from your char , in my case its up to 25% deflect avoiding 12,5% damage by that (50% defelct severity)
    imo Warlock could use more deflect severity and mitigation abilities as known in PVP

warding curse works also, as Sophie stated

and you sure can build a char that works in PVP like that, for PVE its useless btw, and these build did already exist and were fun in the past following older Threads but are not used by now most time:
    1. WB+DT having your 60% Damageresist buff from 5 stacks
    2. Hand of Blight debuff your enemies damage up to 5%
    3. warding curse 10% debuff
    4. wraith shadow 20% debuff for enemy and reapply will debuff all dudes arround and fix target (won´t work against GWF)
    5. take transcendent terror enchant and a warlock could probably withstand a GWF

take Borrowed time+ ACC (you need ot have crit) as feats
    Dread Theft--->12,5% debuff for enemy and 60% DR (5 stacks) buff for you
    take HG for cc and spark generation
    use Wraith shadow 20% debuff for enemy
    debuff enemy with HoB on top 5%
    transcendent terror 40% power debuff for enemy
    warding curse will is not worth it to compensate ACC (in case you play without WB) or shadow walk

debuff enemy 12,5%+20%+5% --->37,5% debuff max.
    DR buff for 60%
    40% defence and power debuff from terror

in the sum a GWF f.e. will lose:
    1. 25% Defence x 0,6 = 15% (+30% negation+15% countless scars)--->stays 20% over cap so no big benefit in case you do not have enough arp to negate that like 100% arp upwards
    2. 40% power, huge imo
    3. 37,5% Damage more or less
    4. you gain deflect 15% from Bt +selfheal
    5. passager 60% DR buff

but tbh this will not hepl in most cases against this crazy overbuffed class
    buffing their at wills and encounter for >6x
    Post edited by schietindebux on
    I never said it was a good for a build, but is certainly better than healing (we are talking about OP devotion, and not just because of that, since the day I saw a righteous with barelly 2k, fast made char, the tipical mulhorand and ioun stone of radiance keeping all the team perfectly safe in ETOS I realised that even in that case templocks are useless, there is no more that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> of assisting the DC so they can buff, spiderlings 2shoot me, unless is a mega tempock with super life steal the team will die.)

So if someone really want to assist as a templock yes, its better.
    Better than fury or damnation, hell no, less time less mistakes.
    Survival? Damnation warlocks dont have to stack life steal, nothing in their damage depends on that exept if they had dark revelry, wich most dont, SB damnation with the feat for 10% less damage, the one with puppet stealing life for you, borrowed time and lots of life/defence is a mini tank, still dealing great damage, no templock beat that.
    Fury, full fury allows the player to focus on life and defence, fury/temptation, wich is my and the best build I think there is now, once you get yourself a good amount of life steal the damage dealt will surpass the healing of temptation, buffing the team with dark revelry, great damage, on pair with damnation, I dont have enough experience with that, ran 3 dg with similar il damnation, similar damage, I was buffing though.

If still someon wants t

1. Both are useless, I get a average of maybe 1 ls, my base is 16%, bad with bad ill go with compound soul, even tough it gets consumed with DP or shielding, but you have to take one.

2.True, depends on the situation of course.

3.Haha, hellbringer not working in mod 6 up, I make most of the dungeons without borrowed time, no pitty no mercy and acc seem very good for a hellbringer, SS missing? Watch Fernu stormborn not using it in the begginig of ETOS, more or less, it is replaceable, maybe with a lathander dew and a sunlords elixir to replace dust to dust, but viable. About hellish rebulk, is fast as hell to cast.

4.You have a point there, I rare use HoB.

Wich rank of warding curse did yoy know about, I tested rank 3 in the begginig of the mod and im 100% sure it didnt work, and deflect from soul sparks is well scrolled down on you tube.

You are assuming a me me me position, make the calculus between heal and debuff for your team, in pvp the influence of tenacity has a staggering effect.

In answer to arcofortep12, buffs, interesting, dark revelry? I have it with a bit less frequence, soul breaker? A trash. Aura of cruelty, decent. You fill the space left by the DC? Maybe, enough for they to lower their guard like mod 5? No, so no more buffs from DC. It's a 2,9 ex-templock talking that still has the tiamat's set while cant get anything better, do you really want to debate me on this?

edited November 2015

I never said it was a good for a build, but is certainly better than healing (we are talking about OP devotion, and not just because of that, since the day I saw a righteous with barelly 2k, fast made char, the tipical mulhorand and ioun stone of radiance keeping all the team perfectly safe in ETOS I realised that even in that case templocks are useless, there is no more that HAMSTER of assisting the DC so they can buff, spiderlings 2shoot me, unless is a mega tempock with super life steal the team will die.)

So if someone really want to assist as a templock yes, its better.

Better than fury or damnation, hell no, less time less mistakes.

Survival? Damnation warlocks dont have to stack life steal, nothing in their damage depends on that exept if they had dark revelry, wich most dont, SB damnation with the feat for 10% less damage, the one with puppet stealing life for you, borrowed time and lots of life/defence is a mini tank, still dealing great damage, no templock beat that.

Fury, full fury allows the player to focus on life and defence, fury/temptation, wich is my and the best build I think there is now, once you get yourself a good amount of life steal the damage dealt will surpass the healing of temptation, buffing the team with dark revelry, great damage, on pair with damnation, I dont have enough experience with that, ran 3 dg with similar il damnation, similar damage, I was buffing though.

If still someon wants t

1. Both are useless, I get a average of maybe 1 ls, my base is 16%, bad with bad ill go with compound soul, even tough it gets consumed with DP or shielding, but you have to take one.

2.True, depends on the situation of course.

3.Haha, hellbringer not working in mod 6 up, I make most of the dungeons without borrowed time, no pitty no mercy and acc seem very good for a hellbringer, SS missing? Watch Fernu stormborn not using it in the begginig of ETOS, more or less, it is replaceable, maybe with a lathander dew and a sunlords elixir to replace dust to dust, but viable. About hellish rebulk, is fast as hell to cast.

4.You have a point there, I rare use HoB.

Wich rank of warding curse did yoy know about, I tested rank 3 in the begginig of the mod and im 100% sure it didnt work, and deflect from soul sparks is well scrolled down on you tube.

You are assuming a me me me position, make the calculus between heal and debuff for your team, in pvp the influence of tenacity has a staggering effect.

In answer to arcofortep12, buffs, interesting, dark revelry? I have it with a bit less frequence, soul breaker? A trash. Aura of cruelty, decent. You fill the space left by the DC? Maybe, enough for they to lower their guard like mod 5? No, so no more buffs from DC. It's a 2,9 ex-templock talking that still has the tiamat's set while cant get anything better, do you really want to debate me on this?

1. Lifesteal from puppet doesn´t work
    2. pupept doesn ´t protect taht much 25k HP dead lots of times
    3. for PVE its obvious taht lifesteal is important for every tree of warlock class just to stay alive
    4. borrowed tim is a feat everyone can chose
    5. fury temptation is not the best DPS build
    6. hellbringer deals >1/3 less (bit more that 1/3) damage against SB fury on singel target (self tested) the difference is more than significant, and since the mechanic playing warlock is to transfer singel target damage via TT on all mobs hellbringer loses badly in every aspect
    the fact that noone uses SS running trash is obvious having Dust to Dust active, its for bossfights, HB doesn´t perform since few mods, tbh since Soulbinder was born
    7. warding curse is tested by Sophie as I wrote, she´s does tons of tests and is active in PVP, so in case she tells the community it works, I will trust in that, or shall I trust in stuff written in forum from what 90% is incorrect?
    8. as I said BT offhand feat works all time since it was implemented
    1.Ok, didn't know that, last time I tried that on preview more than half year ago, along with warding curse in the fiery pit, deflect from BT is a recent in a non english video on youtube with a dragonborn player in well of dragons, anyway I don't really care if you believe or not.

2. Run a dungeoun with a HB, same il as you, find someone decent, experienced, both t1 and t2 dungeons, dont compare a build made exclusively for single target when HB cannot do that.

3.Show me life steal being more effective than life or defence in a dungeon with a good healer and tank.

4.....yes anyone can use but you dont have 10% damage reduction anywere if you just have a puppet active, nor a puppet that can hold a target easly so you heal.

5.Not the best dps build, I know, not my objective, the best for team progression.

edited November 2015
    1. I wrote just to slot BT offhand feat, get 30 sparks and scroll down in char menue to look up for your deflection chance the moment the sparks are up (preview or live server doesn´t matter), is that too much? Am I talking to a wall?
    Are you that stubborn, that even if I tell how to check it , you go on denieing it?
    it shows exactly how much deflectionchance you got and displays you in a unmistakable way that the feature works.....omg

2. I run tons of dungeons with even better geared WB or HB fury , especially HB warlocks fury lose pittyfull
    even doing dragon HE´s the same, nothing to check its proven 100 times and more

3. ? I don´t know whats your point, I said lifesteal is important for the class, its based on it, i never said stack it being fury vor damnation, thats an absurd discussion

4. as I wrote 10% DR from a puppet that is dead lots of time doesn´t make you a tank (as you wrote) lol

5. exactly for your team but not the best damagespec

6. last, soulpuppet doesn't heal you its broken from the beginning ,......how many times do I have to write it down?

this forum is a waste of time, clueless ppl spreading misinformations and nonsense (in short)

1. I wrote just to slot BT offhand feat, get 30 sparks and scroll down in char menue to look up for your deflection chance the moment the sparks are up (preview or live server doesn´t matter), is that too much? Am I talking to a wall?
    Are you that stubborn, that even if I tell how to check it , you go on denieing it?
    it shows exactly how much deflectionchance you got and displays you in a unmistakable way that the feature works.....omg

2. I run tons of dungeons with even better geared WB or HB fury , especially HB warlocks fury lose pittyfull
    even doing dragon HE´s the same, nothing to check its proven 100 times and more

3. ? I don´t know whats your point, I said lifesteal is important for the class, its based on it, i never said stack it being fury vor damnation, thats an absurd discussion

4. as I wrote 10% DR from a puppet that is dead lots of time doesn´t make you a tank (as you wrote) lol

5. exactly for your team but not the best damagespec

6. last, soulpuppet doesn't heal you its broken from the beginning ,......how many times do I have to write it down?

this forum is a waste of time, clueless ppl spreading misinformations and nonsense (in short)

Ok i believe you, is just hard to believe a video and you saying at the same time, but ok, they should have fixed it somewhere.

HB is not as good but is very good, i could argue with a HB build but im getting tired of mubmbling dumblig, not avoiding, message me if you want one.

If you dont stack LS, you cant relly on it, period.

"is dead lots of times" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktG8NlrgT-8

I went searching for a post i made after testing on 11 june all the feats in the 3 trees:

" feats that dont work properly are "parting blasfemy"(when curse is removed with encounters it doesn't trigger) and "spiritfire"(dealing 100 dmg and not 50% weapon at" i tested progressivly, without reaching capfeat, only those where not working fine, probably is capsfeat that is HAMSTER up, i dont know, dont say im lying or im bad info,

edited November 2015
    parting blasphemy is working from what I tested and its poor performing, near no damage, but it is WAI..lol
    using ACC and parting blaspemy it is a redicules feat....6% of your weapon damage, not much to aspect ---> proc for about 56 damage :neutral: , completely useless
    I remember it was commented and found to be useless long ago, its a poor feature.... you have to put a curse on your target to trigger it btw, so it will only work with ACC or with vengefull curse f.e.

spiritfire was fixed few patches ago in mod 7

BT offhand feature worked correctly since at least mod 5, it allways gave me deflectionchance and it is by far the best offhand feature warlock has got and allways was 15% deflect from an offhand feature is huge thats how many statpoints? .... a lot
    and its reported in 100s threads before that its working and best to go, recommanded in lots of guides etc.
    So if you say its HAMSTER, who do you want to believe you?
    All top warlocks in PVP use it (not mcuh left), even the ones who left and did theorycrafting on a much higher level than nower days reading tons of useless threads
    just do some PVP with and without it or face a Warlock without that feature equal geared, you will see the difference immidiately
    arcofortep12 hellbringer:
    You dont build sparks, so all powers implying them dont exist. The healing in hellbringer is only dependent in WB and LS, you have a dot at-will that refreshes when target hits you. A encounter of self buff (or team if you have feats for it), not much worth, a dailie that has a cool animation and if you use well its average, but not worth over TT in most cases, class features you have no pitty no mercy, the jowell of the crown, grants c.a. over crit targets, many times as SB is dificult to get c.a. over many target, C.a. comes from charisma wich is one of the main stats on SW, prince of hell, grants aditonal armour pen and flames of empowerment, more damage with AP bar full,.

• taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Hellbringer deals damage faster than SB (no pity, no mercy) So if you run constantly with skilled gwf's HB might do better damage than SB. But overall SB offers better options, way better self heals, SS and immolation spirits.

You dont build sparks, so all powers implying them dont exist. The healing in hellbringer is only dependent in WB and LS, you have a dot at-will that refreshes when target hits you. A encounter of self buff (or team if you have feats for it), not much worth, a dailie that has a cool animation and if you use well its average, but not worth over TT in most cases, class features you have no pitty no mercy, the jowell of the crown, grants c.a. over crit targets, many times as SB is dificult to get c.a. over many target, C.a. comes from charisma wich is one of the main stats on SW, prince of hell, grants aditonal armour pen and flames of empowerment, more damage with AP bar full,.

Why it would be preferable to a Soulbinder I don't see the point. If you invest in LS you are sacrificing DPS, also you haven't the buffs from Temptation tree (Dark Revelry come to mind) so your LS should be really lackluster. I don't see where you are benefitting from being an Hellbringer. No Pity, No Mercy can't cope with all the loss in DPS from investing on LS and sacrificing Soul Scorch. I consider Hellbringer a dead path, moreover its powers are of Fire nature and make your capstone useless. Prince and No Pity aren't enough to offset the loss and Flames is useless since you gain far more DPS with your dailies.

I think devs need to reconsider the Hellbringer path.
    Did you test the DPS? if not dont say it needs to be reviewed, on impact fights (bunch of weak mobs) cast TT, cast DT, by the end of DT HB will have done much better damage. Flames isnt useless, depends on the speed of production of AP, damage single target in HB will much relly on HOB, so lostmauth set is the best thing around, the damage brood of hadar with KF,WB, HG , HOB by the midle will be lower compared to a continuous cast of HOB, KF, WB, HG HOB with flames of empowrment feats.

edited November 2015
    flames of empowerement is very good 19% more damage ! Thats huge I would say + no pity no mercy
    sure TT cast on a minor mobgroup will deal more than a SB fury will, and sure its more than a SB damnation, agree (for short time)
    But lets go into detail cast TT on a boss in T2
    Hellbringer TT+WB+HG+?
    Soulbinder TT+HG+WB+ Soul Scorch 10-20 times in a row
    who deals more damage? Who deals more AoE? by sure not the Hellbringer

Hellbringer lacks in a powerfull spammable encounter like SS
    and npnm -->combat advantage is shared by your group and as far as I know up most time even without that feat from other classes, so no real benefit

standing in a a pillar of power (40% bonus damage) using power of the nine hells is 60% more damage! sadly pilar of power is big as a plate and lasts short time (can´t say) and the fight we take part (except Dragon HE in WoD) are not working with that encounter very good, only power of the nine hells last 5 seconds after leaving the pillar
    otherwise 60% bonus damage would be nice
    so all in all you have a 19% damageboost (not using your dailies) ... thats it
    SB is SS and immolation spirits on top ! Spirits deal tons of damage
    I am pretty sure I will outdamage your Hellbringer by that near two time or more by using Spirits and SS all time on a singel target
    we can meet in WoD on preview and do dragon runs to compare them?

I hope the paragon gets a rework getting more survivability and making Pillar a lasting effect once proccing and sharing that to your teammates, that would be a big boost and party (over)buff, DC can bosst for 8 seconds 40% and debuff boss for 50% damage btw
    so Pillar + damnation feat + HG+DT or anything else could top SB

edited November 2015
    Flames of empowerment even worked when AP bar was not full in mod5, 6/7 not sure, but its no good option as I wrote , to not use any dalies
    and pillar of power is 40% damagebuff standing inside the pillar+ 5 seconds in case you leave it or it runs out in case you take the feat "power of the nine he.ll"
    so all in all 59% damage buff (in theory) standing still on one point, big as a plate, not using your dailies, but try this in a fight against lostmouth....

back from testserver: just recognized that the damage buff is only 16% not worth it to use this Pillar, my mistake.
    so you have nothing except WB/HG/DT/KF as encounter and
    -->npnm, you get from other classes in combat
    -->flames, that will only work if not using your dailies, so we all know warlock is all about dailies....
    Hellbringer is an absolute "no go" at this state, so poor in every aspect, and I bet a SB will outdamage this HB paragon far more than two times

I'll retest it. I never reached that 59%. Not even near.

no i coreected it, my fault its 16% and not worth it, sry

Flames of empowerment even worked when AP bar was not full in mod5, 6/7 not sure, but its no good option as I wrote , to not use any dalies
    and pillar of power is 40% damagebuff standing inside the pillar+ 5 seconds in case you leave it or it runs out in case you take the feat "power of the nine he.ll"
    so all in all 59% damage buff (in theory) standing still on one point, big as a plate, not using your dailies, but try this in a fight against lostmouth....

back from testserver: just recognized that the damage buff is only 16% not worth it to use this Pillar, my mistake.
    so you have nothing except WB/HG/DT/KF as encounter and
    -->npnm, you get from other classes in combat
    -->flames, that will only work if not using your dailies, so we all know warlock is all about dailies....
    Hellbringer is an absolute "no go" at this state, so poor in every aspect, and I bet a SB will outdamage this HB paragon far more than two times

Pillar was nerfed, i remember it being better, didnt know how much, yes, dailies are better than flames of empowerment buff, but not while your AP regen is bad, anyways, most SW have AP necklace and AP in SW's is refilled by casting spells, once a SW reaches a reasonable amount of recovery, it will not only passively influence AP gain but also improve recharge speed,making spending dailies more worth, needless to say stack 5k recovery and get at least a epic necklace is easy on a SW.

Npnm is almost granted if you have a GF using enforcered threat and mark, but enforcered threat doesnt last the whole time, steal time from CW sloted in mastery, instigator GWF (very few around these days), aspect of the pack (rarelly used by HR, not sure if still bugged), i cant remember anything else, a daily from a rogue i think, it's a "make sure i have 35% more damage" always (new Underdark boon + 1 artifact + IWD boon+ natural c.a. from charisma).

Why it would be preferable to a Soulbinder I don't see the point. If you invest in LS you are sacrificing DPS, also you haven't the buffs from Temptation tree (Dark Revelry come to mind) so your LS should be really lackluster. I don't see where you are benefitting from being an Hellbringer. No Pity, No Mercy can't cope with all the loss in DPS from investing on LS and sacrificing Soul Scorch. I consider Hellbringer a dead path, moreover its powers are of Fire nature and make your capstone useless. Prince and No Pity aren't enough to offset the loss and Flames is useless since you gain far more DPS with your dailies.

I think devs need to reconsider the Hellbringer path.
    I never said i was hellbringer, i am SB, but just because of Borrowed time, without it i couldnt solo major SH and EE zones HE's, i would have to spend a lot more time building defensive stats on a HB, my point is DPS is not bad if you know where to go, and preserve AP, AP generated within fights is better in HB assuming you use SS, since SS does not count as AP generation, with the Dust to dust of course there is a more consistent base of AP generated between fights. Now, you remember me saying fernu stormborn not using SS during a great part of ETOS, admiting a HB with the new fire set, a flail snail, a good recovery(wich will also be important when SS would be used on a SB, it will call encounters faster, dailies faster and since encounter deal more damage than dailies it would be benificial, something like 5k), sigil of the devout mithic, i cant see that suposed SW having problems in keeping and mantaining TT up and still using HOB instead ED, wich is even more necrotic damage.

Now, in T1, a endgame SW with this amount of AP "capabilities" would trash mobs as well as SB would.

Single target, HoB is necrotic, wich means 50% more damge, but overtime, just compare damage between a full cast of WB, HG; KF and HOB with the same duration of gathering and cast a full Soul sparks bar and cast the repective SS, KF and WB, if nobody is granting c.a. and nobody is debuffing DR (assuming you use prince of hell and no pitty no mercy), i would say HB preforms pretty well, the problem is: Bursts control, you can just store SS for strategic moments(in HB you can save an encounter =/ ) and IS, if IS critics, the next moments of damage will be really high, not because of the dailie itself but due to Soul sparks creation, so, do you still think it is bad? Might not be as good, but not bad for sure.

No matter wich scenario you chose
    Dust to Dust is not to compensated
    A hellbringer will not refill that fast his AP in case you talk about a Bis group
    How do you want to reload an empty AP bar in case your target lives 5 seconds?

But beside talking about effectiveness clearing trashmobs
    The biggest argument by far is doing long lasting bossfights
    Single target: WB HG SS + spirits
    Adds in top: WB HG SS TT

You really think you gonna compensate Soul Scorch wich deals 200k+ on a BIS level and is spammed in a row at critrates above 65% with Hand of blight? Rofl...
    Same with spirits they deal a ton of damage and obviously gain buff from group
  • malabogpigfeedermalabogpigfeeder Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Burning guidance still works?
    I would appreciate you to not read my signature, now that you did, dont do it again.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    This comes across as simply trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and it's dangerous to the class.
    Someone who doesn't play the class (as in some devs), may see the title and assume that the Temp tree is in fact not bad - and there goes our chance to gets this busted flush fixed.

OP - do SW players a favour and admit that this may be a personal favourite, but it's actually not a preferable build in any competent group. It's an idea you had, which you consequently have to defend against people who can step back and see that there are far better classes to have in a group than this mix&max hash up.

No one is going to prefer this in a group, DC/OP and that's it. People want to finish dungeons, not simply humour their friends by suffering this in a group.

Silk purse out of a Sow's ear - never works.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............