test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strumslinger Read This Please...Lag Issues

zapo#6676 zapo Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited January 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
There are major lag issues in Ice Wind Dale(All areas) and Dread Ring Majorly. I have seen some on PE an Sharandar lately. Even if I try to change zones to a minimal populated area. BTW cutting a zones population IS NOT a fix. Dread Ring is 15 Max. You all need some fixes somewhere since Mod 8 Release on Lag in zones and it should be top priority. Heroic events make lag in zones and cutting population doesn't help. By the way weekly maintenance does NOT help with these issues at all!

You all need to spend $ to make $. You need to bring old dungeons back revamped and new content. You all are driving this game in the ground if you don't.
Post edited by zapo#6676 on

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Where I will 100% agree with you those areas have lag, and it has nothing to do with performance of the machine, I do not see where the company makes money by bringing back old dungeons, other then it may stave off a few more poeple from leaving out of dreary boredom of running hes ad naseum.

Really two seperate all together items.

Dread ring drives me bonkers.. even moving to lower pop instances, still really , really bad.

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    The problem is, the lag is everywhere of late: even Sharandar and Well of Dragons. They reduced the amount of undead at the camp entrances in DR in a bid to alleviate some of the lag but it did nothing sadly. Adding Demonic HE's into the equation just exasperated the problem.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • zapo#6676 zapo Member Posts: 11 Arc User

Where I will 100% agree with you those areas have lag, and it has nothing to do with performance of the machine, I do not see where the company makes money by bringing back old dungeons, other then it may stave off a few more poeple from leaving out of dreary boredom of running hes ad naseum.

Really two seperate all together items.

Dread ring drives me bonkers.. even moving to lower pop instances, still really , really bad.

I said Revamped...refurbished...Meaning new objectives. Elite and non elite for each. Silver don't be narrow minded

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    The devs are aware, and I believe (though I haven't confirmed this with Andy) that today's server reboot might address these issues. I hope.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    kreatyve said:

The devs are aware, and I believe (though I haven't confirmed this with Andy) that today's server reboot might address these issues. I hope.

I assume you are speaking of the lag issues and not otherwise........

edited January 2016
    When you put too many HE events in a zone, instead of making new content for the new HEs, it is likely to strain eveything. UnderDark should have had it's own zone for the HE's. IWP, DV and DR should have NEVER taken extra burden.

Now, Andy.. Bring back lower level Dungeons on low and epic scale. You will be a major winner in the community for sure! Even People in Legit (NWLC) know this.
  • tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I've stopped playing for several weeks now out of being so fed up with the performance in the areas that mean anything to end game like IWD. Posted other threads on this and I have yet to see any real comment from anyone other than a moderator...

What is different about the infrastructure behind Well of Dragons because that doesnt show any of the regular signs of server lag like IWD/DR and it has more going on... Dragon Runs, HEs, Demon HEs.... take a look at your WoD implementation and do that exact thing with IWD/DR.

• strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    We've been investigating this and know about the severe lag. We've also experienced it first hand.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Well, it's still the same, even after the last maintenance.

So, if it's not possible at the moment to move the demonic heroic encounters to their own Underdark area, would it at least be possible to remove the undead attack waves spawn around the camps?

Since it's actual leads to the undead spawn pulling the guards out of the camp, the guards standing around in the open aggro demons from Demonic Slaughter into the mountain, and we players can't reach them anymore.
    Sometimes the demons reset in time, and sometimes the encounter will just fail because of that.

Anyway, removing that undeads respawn or toning done the respawn rate might help a bit with the lag too...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i cant fathom why devs include those demons on WoD, and 2 other zones when they could had expand part of underdark/Mentiol Direth, it got lot of open unused area for Demon HE events.

it really split up and confuse so many players that only want dragon heralds, and same for icewind, right now taimat temple are "ghost-town" zone.

it really need full overhaul makeover, and sick and tired of waiting to get linu's favors. many already had given up.
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    The Sharandar lag is the new instance that is experiencing more and more lag. The lag needs to be attended to ASAP.