test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Keybinds - kwel stuff

glartyglarty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
In your chat window you cant type the following to make stuff happen.

/bind insert combatlog 1
-> press "INSERT" key - turn on the log file on your pc to record the battles you fight in
-> Then go here to find out why you would do this -> https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin

/bind pageup ++netgraph
-> press "PAGE UP" key turn on/off a little meter to show gaming network connection times to server
-> lag periods and problematic gaming often are linked to triangles or a solid green rectangle periods here.
-> A saw tooth graph indicates network bandwidth shaping from ISP or server side load balancing

/bind pagedown ++showfps
-> press "PAGE DOWN" to make a monkey run across your screen

/bind end gensendmessage Logouttimer_Leavenowbutton Activate
-> press "END" to quick return to PE to get pots/med kits if you need them during a dungeon run

/bind delete genaddwindow currencyexchange
-> press "DELETE" to bring up the Zax

/bind u ++interact
-> like pressing "F" but not, try it out at a mailbox with lotza ppl- press "U" instead of "F", gr8 for the winter fishing event

/bind home genaddwindow auction_root
-> my Fav keybind, press "HOME" to bring up AH

/bind ctrl+f follow
-> press "CTRL+F" when looking at a player and if you were able to trade/inspect them then you will now auto follow them where ever they go

/bind F1 inventoryexec 1 inventory 0
-> press "F1" and if there is something like a potion in the 1st slot of the 1st bag in your inventory it will be activated/used (what can be used/activated changes over time, you need to check what will/wont work here, eg pocket pet/tymera's coin, stat pots)

/bind F2 inventoryexec 1 inventory 1
-> no idea what this does tho ..... maybe it activates the instant kill Tiamat feature.

/gfxSetDefaultFOV 90
-> changes the field of view, try different values 40/50/60/70/80/90 till you find what suits you

/bind 9 party Get these adds off me!
-> press "9" to let your party know you have no idea how to play the game

/bind 0 emote dancewave
-> press "0" to annoy/amuse ppl while some1 takes a bio break

/bind "F11" "PowerExec 1 Item_Wondrous_Cloak_Etherealness_T04b"
-> press "F11" to do something with some item i don't have, may/may not work don't know

All keybinds you add are toon specific.
To share with your other toons ->
/bind_save
-> after you get all your stuff set up on 1 toon
-> then log into next toon to add them all to next toon
/bind_load

another way ->
/bind_save_file c:\path\to\save_file.txt - Save to a file name of your choosing
/bind_load_file c:\path\to\save_file.txt - Load from a file name of your choosing

Add a comment if you know other keybinds, there are lotz more.

If 1 doesn't work anymore post in the thread, I haven't checked all of them in m6.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thank you.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the /bind f11 command is to activate the cloak of etherealness, assuming you got it, in order to put you in stealth.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There was one for a much improved appearance change window that used to be opened using /genaddwindow dye_root but I'm pretty sure that they disabled it, I'm guessing because it wasn't quite finished or something , hopefully they will re-enable it at some point in the future because it was wayyyy better than the current one.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ZAX opens with 3rd button on top bar
    AH opens with icon that is like hammer. i think 4th from right.
  • ancyrasancyras Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nice info thanks, I want to add some keybinds which I think very usefull :

/bind <key> ++HardTargetLock

<key> : you can assign button5 if your mouse have extra buttons, lctrl = left control or any you wish. Press one time to lock, then press again to unlock otherwise after locked target die, it unlocks next target auto, enemy or friendly doesn't matter.

Target Lock : Specially very useful on classes-spells like HR-Rain of Arrows, DC-Daunting Light which you need to mouse hover target to apply spell but if you lock target, you can keep moving and continue your normal rotation. When there are many mobs in same point and you can choose which one to focus. Sometimes can be trouble to hit one that you want to. like summoners at tiamat, when all adds come on (melee mode). If you are a healer you can targetlock tank to focus its healing. Very usefull keybind which increases game performance if you get used to use it.

/bind <key> channel_setcurrent <Channel Name>

This keybind is usefull too when if you are in multiple channels and need to switch fast between..

Btw I am looking for a keybind : "which can change encounter spells"... (when out of combat and spell not at cooldown) Opening powers menu, scrolling down, selecting spell is big time loose. It will be very usefull in many ways. For example, in tiamat I use aoe spells at defending/add phase and switch to single target encounters while running to heads. I want to do it faster. Or at PvP. Does anyone know any / how to keybind for this? Thanks..
  • rafaelribeir2rafaelribeir2 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Is there any command to equip an item? For example a ring...
  • hawk61914hawk61914 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    hello new to the game,

i need help to bind skills on numbers pls, is this possible? like i want to use 1-5 and then maybe f1-f5 on pots or other filler skills, playing gwf as of the moment. thank you and happy new year :)
  • nathanjmnathanjm Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Any keybind for summoning the VIP travelling signpost?
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    hawk61914 said:

hello new to the game,

i need help to bind skills on numbers pls, is this possible? like i want to use 1-5 and then maybe f1-f5 on pots or other filler skills, playing gwf as of the moment. thank you and happy new year :)

You can rebind the combat powers you are using. hit Esc --> Options --> Gameplay --> Keybinds. A number of binds to mouse buttons are also available. The powers on the Power Bar are the only ones you can use in combat though, so unfortunately you can't have 5/6 encounters to use :p the potions on the power bar can also be rebound to different keys using that window.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • hiperion16hiperion16 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    /bind F2 inventoryexec 1 inventory 1
    -> no idea what this does tho ..... maybe it activates the instant kill Tiamat feature.

What this does is simple,the F2 is the key it is bound to, inventory exec 1 is to active the command( if it was inventoryexec 0 it would deactivate the command) and inventory 1 means the second slot in the first bag of your inventory.The numbers go from 0 to 29,0 being the first bag with 29 being the 30th left to right top to bottom.
  • ickugickug Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    nathanjm said:

Any keybind for summoning the VIP travelling signpost?

Sure.

Travel Sign Post: /bind F5 gensendMessage Vipaction_Overworldmapteleport activate
    Professions Vendor: /bind F6 gensendMessage Vipaction_Professionvendor activate
    Salvager: /bind F7 gensendMessage Vipaction_Salvager activate
    Bank: /bind F8 gensendMessage Vipaction_Bankvendor activate
    Mailbox: /bind F9 gensendMessage Vipaction_Mailbox activate
    Moonstone Mask Teleport: /bind F10 gensendMessage Vipaction_Moonstonemaskteleport activate
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    Anyone know the code to bind number keypad (0-9) to item??
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Jazz, just try some out won't hurt... I ain't near my PC atm. Try out numpad1 or num1, might work.
    FrozenFire
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • ambivalentcat#7526 ambivalentcat Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    So after some searching through the wiki list, I figured out how to bind the companion window to a key...

But is there any way to unbind default keys? I have = set as my push to talk key for Teamspeak because it's a button on my mouse; it's not a problem in any other game, but here I can't figure out how to get it to stop using that as the pet window key. Is there a way to remove a keybinding rather than just binding it to a second key?
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

So after some searching through the wiki list, I figured out how to bind the companion window to a key...

But is there any way to unbind default keys? I have = set as my push to talk key for Teamspeak because it's a button on my mouse; it's not a problem in any other game, but here I can't figure out how to get it to stop using that as the pet window key. Is there a way to remove a keybinding rather than just binding it to a second key?

/unbind =
    edited January 2016
    micky1p00 said:

/unbind =

Doesn't work unfortunately. The /bind command works fine, but if I try /unbind it still opens the companion window.

I suppose I could try binding that key to something that wouldn't be as hindering. x_x

micky1p00 said:

/unbind =

Doesn't work unfortunately. The /bind command works fine, but if I try /unbind it still opens the companion window.

I suppose I could try binding that key to something that wouldn't be as hindering. x_x
    hmm it doesn't recognize = for unbind or bind, if you can bind it do /bind = ""
    This will do the same as unbind.
    If you can't bind it there is a workaround,
    In the game dir (NeverWinter\Neverwinter\Live) create a text file and name it something easy without spaces like b.txt
    in it add only one line
    = ""

then in game do /bind_load_file b.txt

I've tried it, worked.
    micky1p00 said:

micky1p00 said:

/unbind =

In the game dir (NeverWinter\Neverwinter\Live) create a text file and name it something easy without spaces like b.txt
    in it add only one line
    = ""

I've tried it, worked.

Thank you very much! Not in-game atm, but I'll try that later when I get on. Hopefully it works for me. c:
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    You believe you can remove the bind for companion window in the options screen (Esc -> Options -> Keybinds). Don't take the hard route for everything. ;)
    FrozenFire

You believe you can remove the bind for companion window in the options screen (Esc -> Options -> Keybinds). Don't take the hard route for everything. ;)

It's not actually, you can look yourself. There's not a single thing in there bound to =.

@micky1p00 , the txt file did the trick. Thank you so much!
  • nightwish021nightwish021 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Add this one too: It is good for fast switching stronghold boons.
    /GenAddwindow Boons_Category_Detailbox

But before you use the command you still have to go to your stronghold boons the normal way at least once because the command will put on your screen the last boon tab which you saw.

Bind it with /bind {your key} GenAddwindow Boons_Category_Detailbox

And to remove it type:
    /GenRemovewindow Boons_Category_Detailbox

It will show up like this:
    s15.postimg.org/vwkmq6rbf/Screenshot_2016_01_11_14_14_11.png
  • cybergroovecybergroove Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Ty guys, this is one of the most usefull post i've read so far.
    On a side note, which is the reference name for the middle click?
    In other words, what should i put in the to trigger the mouse wheel event?
    I can do it using the standard menu, but i don't know the actual name
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

micky1p00 said:

/unbind =

in it add only one line
    = ""

I've tried it, worked.
    That's because you have to use the key name, = itself is an operator. The same goes for other symbol keys.

/unbind equals will work

How do you find the internal names of windows that work with GenAddWindow though? Is there a command that lets you see them in game?
    edited January 2016

That's because you have to use the key name, = itself is an operator. The same goes for other symbol keys.

/unbind equals will work

How do you find the internal names of windows that work with GenAddWindow though? Is there a command that lets you see them in game?

Strangely it didn't translate the = sign into a hexa key number, the same way it does all the special and mouse keys, it was the first thing I looked for. And it did load and recognize it as regular key name.

You can find internal names in several ways activate /console and you can auto complete there using tab (like in *nix oses)

Thre is an autocomplete in the regular command console (the regular chat one) so when you type /genaddwindow or /gensendmessage it will give options after first few letteres

And for windows that already exists like the VPN window (not commands) / preview window and so on, you can easily find them by moving it, saving the UI and looking at the saved preferences/ui file, the names will be there.

There are more complex methods too, but I think you can find anything / most stuff with the above.
  • bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Here is one for people with old eyes.

This one will change the size of your own buff and debuff list. (you can change the 1.75 to 2.0 or whatever other size you like) only issue is it doesn't stay.... Cryptics AI is junky... you can combo bind it with something else you use alot with the $$ or put it on a key you can easily hit when you need to see debuffs/buffs.
    /bind q "gensetearlyoverridefloat Statusself_Bufflist scale 1.75 $$ gensetearlyoverridefloat Statusself_Debufflist scale 1.75"

Think someone else posted this one... but the vip menus is nice to bind
    /bind v genaddwindow vipaction_root
  • ragnoir3ragnoir3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    Does anyone know how to open the Roster tab of the Guild management window? I'm thinking something like: /bind g genaddwindow Guildmanagement_Roster (which doesn't work). I would bind it to g in order to restore its previous functionality.