test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

next module should be all about dungeons

lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
i will say it very simple:
bring back the old dungeons. the reason so many players left the game was most of dungeons been taken off the game. ppl used to run castle never, karunndax time after time and never got tired of that, why? because the dungeons were by far the best content on this game.

so next module no more HE, no more new artifacts, or even a story line , just bring back all the old dungeons updated.

thats all we ask

thank you.

Comments

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    So long as they make them able to be run solo, I am all for that. Not too fond of group content in the game really. That and some issues I have with some spells in dungeons/lairs/etc.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    ...next Module will be Pt. 2 of underdark - and maybe should happen there, too ???
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    next mod will be about demons going in vacation in sharandar
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I second the OPs request but what the devs will take from this is: We want more HEs and artifact gear!
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    If people keep requesting for dungeons, the devs need to be swayed to popular opinion. Whether the devs will listen to all input is questionable... I myself feel they might bring back dungeons but not everything will be liking to people's favour.

Also how to integrate VIP system to current game concept? I would appreciate VIP concept be changed or reduce the cost of Zen required to be a VIP.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    The dungeon reworks are coming, they've already said as much.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

next mod will be about demons going in vacation in sharandar

I'd love to see some demons munching on Pownies.
  • wolgretorwolgretor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    game need fixes, we not need a another module, just a fix main issues thx.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

The dungeon reworks are coming, they've already said as much.

Good to see someone still having fate in a 200 day old statement.
    In Mod 7 they said an announcement would be made after Mod 8 hit. After Mod 8 they did make a statement--that details would be spelt after Mod9 hit.... Take that as you will.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    It should be about dungeons and balance fixing and fixing broken stuff like Elven Battle etc.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I would probably stop all my progress on Live Server right now if there was a chance that I could set foot in a dungeon that was removed last March on Preview Server. Right this very minute. I would be that excited to get back into dungeons and I would probably convince the group I usually run with to come with me on that insanity. Seriously. At least 2-3 days per week. I miss them like I miss Firefly. I feel like 'a leaf on the wind'. >__>
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Dungeons are dead. They're woefully inefficient on rAD if you aren't running high-power groups. Long live the demonic HE grind.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Dungeon & Dragons? more like HE's, grind, artifact gear, HE's, reused maps & Dragons. This is the last chance this game has to redeem itself.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I almost cry when I recognize karrundax map in Salvatore quest...

Nothing to add
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I just hope.. against hope.. that A. they do them right and B.. there IS A REASON to run dungeons again.

No one is going to spend a hour in a dungeon for the SAME crappy seals we can get in etos.

There is such a lack of depth after you "get" your own items in this game.. almost no reason to run anything after that.

This is the true issue with the game.

If they release.. EVER another he, they dont listen to players.

• tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User

I just hope.. against hope.. that A. they do them right and B.. there IS A REASON to run dungeons again.

No one is going to spend a hour in a dungeon for the SAME crappy seals we can get in etos.

There is such a lack of depth after you "get" your own items in this game.. almost no reason to run anything after that.

This is the true issue with the game.

If they release.. EVER another he, they dont listen to players.

That's the point I've been making several times Silverkelt. Everyone is calling for the dungeons... but if they just release them with no drops or purpose then why bother at all. I feel exactly as you do. I do not want to just grind different dungeons jsut for the same Seals of the Protector. Would like to see BoE drops again that are worth running dungeons for. Literally the only thing people farm now is the horn from eLOL. Would like more reasons to play. Please do it right and I hope this is why it's taking so long... just for that reason.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

Not sure what happened after Mod 2 that resulted in the inability to create long...

Too long; didn't play.

This is an MMO. Players take the path of least resistance, and only do other things when they either don't know better or they think they're HAMSTER and want to prove it (*cough cough laz soloing everything cough cough*). You can't have *long* dungeons if they aren't also the *most efficient, low frustration* way to get what all players want: good gear and buying power. And they're not. Pretty much ever, these days. In the time it takes to run a single eLoL, say, I could have just run a bunch of demon HE's in WoD and averaged more salvageable loot in rings alone. And with far less frustration than pug'ing eLoL, or otherwise running it with a weak group, since you'll succeed at the HEs 100% of the time.

Like I said: dungeons are dead. Long live the demonic HE grind.

• tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    I wish that they would bring them back, at the very least, bring them back as part of the leveling process. The Quest to run the dungeon is still being given, so let those leveling run the dungeon.

As for bringing them back at Epic Level, it would have to be done correctly obviously, and the rewards need to be something that would spark interest in running the dungeon.
    Players that have been here for awhile will run the dungeon once or twice, if nothing more than nostalgia purposes, but once the novelty of the dungeons has worn off, if the rewards aren't there, no one will run them.

eToS can now be run on auto-pilot. So who's going to run a newly revamped Epic Dread Vault for Protector Seals? Or Castle Never?
    If/when they do bring the dungeons back, the rewards will have to be there. AD, Purple Gear Items, RP, Companions, high ranking Runes/Enchants....

I know I beat the 'Rewards' into the ground, so my apologies, its just that I don't see players lining up to run these dungeons unless there is incentive to do so.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Things we need in the next mod in my opinion:
    1) Balancing. All striker classes do the same amount of damage and have the same survivability, just in different ways. Not the appalling mismatch we have now.
    2) Fixes. To game mechanics, item, feat and boon descriptions, you name it. If it has a 'chance,' tell us what the chance is. If it has an internal cooldown, tell us what that is. If it doesn't stack, tell us. If it has a daily limit, tell us. What is so hard about this?
    3) No more artifact gear. Ever.
    4) More AD sink reductions. Also reductions in the absurdly high cost of guild upgrades.
    5) Haven't gotten there yet, but it's plain that masterwork professions are little besides a massive AD sink. Make professions useful. Let us make (free!) transmutes. If it's expensive to make level 70 purple gear, let it be the equivalent of what we can find in dungeons at least.
    6) Get rid of ambush and cowardice rings. They were a horrible idea. Just admit it. Destroy them.
    7) After all that, dungeons would be nice. With actual rewards, not a peridot and a pay-gated chest not worth the money it takes to make a key to open it.
    8) Stop oppressing us with AD sinks and the RNG in general.