test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The eLoL set and other issues:

thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
There are lots of threads complaining about the elol set, but many of them are lacking in information with regards to the set, or, they don't look at the big picture with regards to how nerfing the elol set effects different classes. So, I wanted to take a much more in depth look into what nerfing the elol set would do, especially if you nerf it in the manner that I see many on the community suggesting (so that the set bonus is a ~2% dps increase) would do. The best way to look at this is to look at pure dps builds, so this is assuming all classes are building purely for dps, so a pure righteous build for dc's, a pure dps build for tanks, a pure dps builds for op's and so on. This is not a realistic scenario, but I do know a few players who build like this so it is possible to look at what the elol set looks like for them in the context of comparing how it differs from class to class.

Firstly, how much does the elol set boost different classes dps by:
CW: 30%+
GWF: 25%+
TR: 17-22%
DC, SW, GF, HR: 5-10%
OP, 0-10%

Assuming you build classes purely for damage and didn't skimp in any way (this includes soul puppet SW etc) (including dc, gf and OP) How do they rank in terms of damage?
1) GWF/SW
2) HR
3) TR/CW/DC/GF
4) OP

What do these classes provide in addition to damage, when specced purely for damage, this is important as it helps to judge how much utility each class provides and why there are discrepancies between them:
SW/GWF/TR: Nothing
HR: Control, small party buffs
CW (bear in mind a pure damage build is thaumaturge, no renegade buffs here): Control.
DC: Massive debuffs (bear your sins, condemned etc), marginal healing and marginal buffs to the party
GF: Some party buffs
OP: Party damage buffs, like courage and aura gifts

I am excluding the providing of CA damage as a benefit in addition, purely because anybody can do that provided they know how to stand around opponents. All of this is assuming you are running the most selfish dps setup as possible, so you comparing the elol set between classes at its absolute worst and you compare class damage at its absolute peak potential in pve. Yes, you do not often see a righteous dps dc who does nothing except dps, but believe me, they exist.

So, how does class damage compare without the elol set, say post a nerf where the set bonus was reduced to only a 2% dps increase for all classes?
1) SW
2) GWF
3) HR
4) DC/GF
5) TR
6) CW
7) OP

So, what does this show you? Well, firstly it tells CW's that they should think carefully about their constant campaign for an elol set nerf, since they benefit the most from it out of every class, they stand the most to lose. Secondly, it tells you which classes really should not be focusing purely on DPS, since they really are not the best class for it. Notice that a DC focusing purely on dps will both do more damage and provide buffs at the same time, then a TR, CW or OP doing the same thing. This is because what causes a DC to deal damage, benefits the party heavily at the same time, similarly the GF uses ITF, which also benefits the party. Classes like SW and GWF don't really provide anything else outside of pure dps when specced for pure dps, so it stands to reason that they also do the most damage.

The sad thing about this though is it shows why the elol set is unlikely to get nerfed, as a lot of players like building for dps and the existence of the elol set pushes classes together, I am sure the devs never intended for it to do this, but whilst is exists, the amount of damage dealt by pure dps specs is closer and less spread out then it would be if the elol set was gone. True, you don't see many pure dps GF's or DC's, in fact I only know 1 of each who are actually good at filling the role of that class played for dps. This is primarily because though the type of player who decides to play those classes specifically is also the type of player who is more team orientated and less dps orientated, which makes support classes the least likely ones to build in that manner.

So, if an elol set nerf occured, would these pure dps players then build their characters in a more party friendly manner? Sadly, probably not. The reason this is the case is because there isn't really any content in the game that forces party play, rather it can all be completed with the mindset of an individual. What would more likely occur is that the players who got the bad end of the stick (GWF, CW, TR) will be either asking for a class dps buff, or for other classes to get a dps nerf. Bearing in mind what these forums are like, its probably more likely to be 1 class asking for another to be nerfed. Due to this, its probably a lot easier for the devs to deal with the complaint with regards to only the elol set, then the myriad of complaints they will face if it ever does get changed, which means that it getting changed is probably something not likely to happen. In addition to all the class balance complaints, you will also see complaints by people feeling hard done by because the elol set they worked hard to acquire suddenly lost its power.

What is really required to force that party friendly build mindset, is challenging pve content, you know, dungeons like epic dread vault in mod 0, where CW's didn't run CoI, Steal Time, Sudden Storm and Icy terrain, but instead ran entangling force, arcane sing and shield (for shield burst!). Would it not be nice for the game to once again enter a meta where the focus isn't on every high end toon to do as much dps as possible, but rather to focus on building a toon to make it viable for the party you are in to be able to complete team content? The reason you see so many rants and complaints about which class does the most damage etc is because other then the tanks and healers, everyone else feels like they have nothing better to do with their character then build up their dps, because you know, when the issue isn't completing a dungeon anymore, then it moves onto less important things like which character can make the biggest noise while completing the content.

Comments

• btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    The situation about elol set is a dilemma... I for myself want it to be nerfed or re worked. It's just not a good sign that every class which should do some dps is going for it. Just keep in mind for which classes this set was designed for if you have a look at the attributes it provides. And still on Gwf it's a huge dps increase without the player improving himself playing or anything else. Not even the stats are important for the set bonus to work. But I too think this will never happen. Also still waiting for that announced SW rework lol
    Yes, we need more content "forcing" group play. Mod 6 should make sure nobody can solo dungeons any more because stuff was too easy. Now we are at that point again. That mentality of making the most dps as a support or semi support class is just sad, which is why I barely play this game anymore...

• fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    But i like dem numbers :confounded:
  • flehstifferflehstiffer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    You don't know much about TR if you think they have no utility. Wicked reminder is one of the best abilities to increase our own damage and it helps everyone by nearly 25%.

Also thaumaturge better dps then renegade? I personally haven't seen it happen. And there is no way a CW would be so low on dps post nerf. HR 'might' beat them, but there is absolutely NO way they'd be below and equal gear TR in the current state of the game. At worst, single target would be on par.

Also, I disagree about CW having the most to lose, I haven't run the numbers, but through the sheer self buffing that the GWF is capable of, it seems to me that they would be more likely to lose more. This is why any nerf to lostmauth should only make it so elol damage is unaffected by buffs.

And the demonic HE's actually do benefit a LOT from party mindedness, its just that a few toons ddps things too fast to notice, and the rest just can't seem to figure it out, hence you have ranged toons sitting in the middle of demonic escape trying to dps everything, and wondering why the HE failed, and huge groups of players sitting by the Harper wizard in closure wondering why the encounter isn't finishing faster. That HE at least can be done in around 2 minutes with the party mindedness you mention (i've seen it happen) but simply no one does.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

You don't know much about TR if you think they have no utility. Wicked reminder is one of the best abilities to increase our own damage and it helps everyone by nearly 25%.

Also thaumaturge better dps then renegade? I personally haven't seen it happen. And there is no way a CW would be so low on dps post nerf. HR 'might' beat them, but there is absolutely NO way they'd be below and equal gear TR in the current state of the game. At worst, single target would be on par.

Also, I disagree about CW having the most to lose, I haven't run the numbers, but through the sheer self buffing that the GWF is capable of, it seems to me that they would be more likely to lose more. This is why any nerf to lostmauth should only make it so elol damage is unaffected by buffs.

And the demonic HE's actually do benefit a LOT from party mindedness, its just that a few toons ddps things too fast to notice, and the rest just can't seem to figure it out, hence you have ranged toons sitting in the middle of demonic escape trying to dps everything, and wondering why the HE failed, and huge groups of players sitting by the Harper wizard in closure wondering why the encounter isn't finishing faster. That HE at least can be done in around 2 minutes with the party mindedness you mention (i've seen it happen) but simply no one does.

You misunderstanding the point of the thread, the point of the thread is not to say that a party mentality is bad, in fact, I strongly believe that playing with a party mentality is the most efficient way to do everything. What I doing is I am comparing the elol set between classes in the situations in which that class gets the most out of it, which is when they are selfish with dps. Yes, tr has wicked reminder, why did I not mention it? because they pretty much only use it for single target time which means that 90% of the time you not getting the benefit of it. As for renegade vs thaum, if there is a ren in the party, the thaum will do more damage, therefore, for the "selfish dps build" you spec thaum, its as simple as that. This thread isn't about whether it is good to use selfish dps builds or not though, its merely comparing how the elol set compares on those builds. As for GWF vs CW, trust me, I have ran the logs, the GWF will lose more damage in raw numbers, but as a percentage of their damage, the CW loses more. You can get that data straight off of ACT (which is where I got it from) the elol set composes more of a CW's damage then any other class.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Doesn't really change my mindset of nerfing something over-performing so vastly in some cases. If there's underlying class issues after re-adjusting, you address those separately instead of keeping a band-aid solution on indefinitely.

eLoL set shouldn't be nerfed to the ground, ofc, but imo the misc 3-sets do all need to be brought closer together in power regardless.
  • flehstifferflehstiffer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User

You misunderstanding the point of the thread, the point of the thread is not to say that a party mentality is bad, in fact, I strongly believe that playing with a party mentality is the most efficient way to do everything. What I doing is I am comparing the elol set between classes in the situations in which that class gets the most out of it, which is when they are selfish with dps. Yes, tr has wicked reminder, why did I not mention it? because they pretty much only use it for single target time which means that 90% of the time you not getting the benefit of it. As for renegade vs thaum, if there is a ren in the party, the thaum will do more damage, therefore, for the "selfish dps build" you spec thaum, its as simple as that. This thread isn't about whether it is good to use selfish dps builds or not though, its merely comparing how the elol set compares on those builds. As for GWF vs CW, trust me, I have ran the logs, the GWF will lose more damage in raw numbers, but as a percentage of their damage, the CW loses more. You can get that data straight off of ACT (which is where I got it from) the elol set composes more of a CW's damage then any other class.

no, i understand, i'm making the same point that party mentality is good. as far as renegade vs thaum goes, i'm saying that if a renegade does more damage then a thaum, then the cw should go renegade, regardless of any buffs to teammates they put out. selfishness in your selfish dps build should not come at the expense of personal dps, which i think is the entire point.

And when not on bosses, Smoke is probably the most efficient DPS-wise. It doesn't only do damage, but it prevent damage as well. Perhaps not so important when you are zerging, but quite valuable to lower geared/inexperienced parties. And a well-played WK will also buff and debuff. Not as much as a DC would obviously, but it helps. With all this, a TR can easily out-dps a CW overall in a dungeon, which is the purpose of the class. They are strikers, it's what they do. Simple. And with about 50% crit chance, most TRs will probably not even reach the 20% dps buff. It'll be 15 at best, where a GWF can easily get a 40% buff from it. But all this really besides the point.

TR's are, however, the "boss melter" class, at least traditionally. that said, I have yet to see a TR under 3.5k out dps an even modestly geared cw. (that said, i wish i did see more TR's perform at the level you state)
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User

TR's are, however, the "boss melter" class, at least traditionally. that said, I have yet to see a TR under 3.5k out dps an even modestly geared cw. (that said, i wish i did see more TR's perform at the level you state)

It has been quite awhile since that was true for the TR versus bosses. Although they are limited to single target at wills and the majority of their damage against bosses comes from said single target at wills -- it is less single target damage than other strikers are capable of -- which seems a bit like an oversight (in particular considering other strikers AE at wills surpass the TR single target at wills in single target damage).
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    When a passive is doing a third of your total damage something major is wrong in the game. Lostmeal set should do 5-10% damage at most for any class. Period.

I'm not sure I agree with @thefabricant about dps building for something other than damage. We are in the party to deal damage - that must be our focus. The tanks and healers should be the ones bringing the buffs and debuffs.

I come from a WoW raiding background, where each and every dps in a 25-man party were there do deal damage. Yes a mage may have been required to freeze a mob and a Hunter trap another mob, but dps provided the damage. Building for anything less would gimp you. The same should apply here in NW.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Blah..

count me anti.. nerf .

I have run 4k elol runs, recieved 11 horns. ITS rare, it should be powerful.

how about making some of the OTHER sets EVEN useful!

CWs are already the lowest DPS toon, well below the other primary strikers, since they are secondary STRIKERS, that should be inline with the game.

the design if fine.

This is neverwinter, not another game.

you want people to be real controllers? make content that both A. requires them and B. fix the powers that they NERFED eons ago that made them ACTUAL controllers.

I am 100% opposed to a nerf to this set, there is SO little to farm in game, making it as proposed ironzerg , literally makes the game .. worthless to log into.

you people take the cake. how about calling for items we can ACTUALLY farm IN DUNGEONS (d&d remember) TOGETHER .. AS TEAMS!

CWs dps is right where it should be, what exact game are you guys playing anyways? Even in mod 6.. this call for 25% extra control bonus with vals set + a couple pets.. was ridicolous.. that all but added .25-/75 on your dazes and stuns.. barely worth the loss of dps EVEN back then.

Everyone wants to make the secondary STRIKER class.. into a NON striker..

UNLESS ACTUAL hard content comes out that requires a controller.. stop making the CW into a non striker.. its still a striker , its DPS already took a massive hit and ALREADY every other striker class can beat it , with similar gearing involved.

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited December 2015

Blah..

count me anti.. nerf .

I have run 4k elol runs, recieved 11 horns. ITS rare, it should be powerful.

how about making some of the OTHER sets EVEN useful!

CWs are already the lowest DPS toon, well below the other primary strikers, since they are secondary STRIKERS, that should be inline with the game.

the design if fine.

This is neverwinter, not another game.

you want people to be real controllers? make content that both A. requires them and B. fix the powers that they NERFED eons ago that made them ACTUAL controllers.

I am 100% opposed to a nerf to this set, there is SO little to farm in game, making it as proposed ironzerg , literally makes the game .. worthless to log into.

you people take the cake. how about calling for items we can ACTUALLY farm IN DUNGEONS (d&d remember) TOGETHER .. AS TEAMS!

CWs dps is right where it should be, what exact game are you guys playing anyways? Even in mod 6.. this call for 25% extra control bonus with vals set + a couple pets.. was ridicolous.. that all but added .25-/75 on your dazes and stuns.. barely worth the loss of dps EVEN back then.

Everyone wants to make the secondary STRIKER class.. into a NON striker..

UNLESS ACTUAL hard content comes out that requires a controller.. stop making the CW into a non striker.. its still a striker , its DPS already took a massive hit and ALREADY every other striker class can beat it , with similar gearing involved.

+1

Cripes please don't take away the DPS from controllers etc. Completing dailies is boring enough already without making it take longer.

As for nerfing the eLOL set, that will just end up in all sets being useless (except lathander maybe). Set bonuses should be something worth aiming for, they should also be relative to how hard it is to get the set. What's the point in having sets and set bonuses if they aren't worthwhile and you only choose the set for the base stat bonuses - boring vanilla please. Maybe instead Valindra's set should be upped to 50% control bonus or something worthwhile so the CW's maybe want to choose it instead.

At the moment if you nerf eLOL set, you make sets irrelevant and take away any reason to spend the time trying to get them.

Not sure I agree with making spell twisting out of reach of Rens and Ops, it doesn't really define Thaums does it? Some extra DPS is very much appreciated when doing solo's.

Icy veins maybe that shouldn't be available to Thaums and Rens but its useless against bosses who are immune, so its not really worthwhile anyway, who specs for trash? Oppressors are a dead path, geez my tank specced GF out DPS'd one of our oppressor CW's once, that's embarrassing. Now if the last "feat" in the oppressor path enabled bosses to be controlled somewhat it would be worthwhile.

Finally - 100% agree with the OPs last paragraph. Remember when we had to coordinate and choose quadrants in VT instead of just burning her down with DPS?
    Eh, I think its silly for any 3-set to be that powerful for any aspect of the game at all. Unless those 3 slots of gear were the only pieces of stat-gear ya could get, but far from it in NW.
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    flowcyto said:

Eh, I think its silly for any 3-set to be that powerful for any aspect of the game at all. Unless those 3 slots of gear were the only pieces of stat-gear ya could get, but far from it in NW.

The problem lies a lot more in how the other sets are garbage.
    smulch said:

flowcyto said:

The problem lies a lot more in how the other sets are garbage.
    I'd get behind any push to make the other stuff better (to a degree). Not as easy to compare a buncha disparate effects to a direct dps increase, though. Wonder what Cryptic's MO is for quantifying, say, control strength vs. weapon dmg in terms of itemization, or if they even have any consistent system for that anymore.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I find it highly disturbing to see a class without DEX/STR as main attributes forced to use a set just because it's overpowered (although I'll be honest, I appreciate a CW with a proper Valindra set a whole lot than one with the Lostmauth set. It's about doing your job - hence cc, not to take care of your own HAMSTER). The current meta is simply broken, and there are two options to fix it -

1. Bring all the other sets on par. For example, Black Ice set? Remove the flat weapon damage and add the ability to buff it externally (exactly like the eLOL set now) so SW's get a better option and attributes they actually need and use. Make other sets DESIRABLE, that requires a massive rework. Current classes need to suffer a small nerf to lost attributes they could have gotten if they went with any other set simply because they need to be on par with the others, it just doesn't cut it.

2. REMOVE all buffs from the Lostmauth set. Make it flat weapon damage, as in 2.2k being 2.2k and not that -

[23:32] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Lostmauth's Vengeance deals 771270 (423972) Physical Damage to Katatheo the Proud.

(that's a personal log of mine, it's real and it's happening, as absurd as it is.)
    It might make the game more challenging for once, a 20 second end boss might turn into more than a minute (!) and there will be less face-rolling.

Sadly, I don't see any of the above happening, nearly 3 mods and nothing. New sets are in the horizon and sadly, I don't see anyone switching out unless the new ones will be as broken.
  • bauggsbauggs Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    oh my these players in this game....defending elol set ? this game seems like old neverwinter night where you could edit your character with editor and then play with your uber damage 1hour and it gets boring.if and thats IF they leave elol set as it is and bring those other artifacts closer or even better than elol what then ? then bring all classes closer to gwf ? and theeen give some abilities to gwf to buff party or something aaand then more powerful equipments. till you just watch your companion killing dungeons. see ? those who really defend elol and other broken things doesnt understand the big picture how to make this game last and how to get people play and play more there is nothing atm.and really these things are just jokes what im writing just like these dudes who defend broken things or overpower.
    Until there are items to farm in game.. this is it guys.. nerfing it makes the game useless to play.

That is the issue.. not everyone is BiS.. some of us NEED this set to last until they release something else worthy of farming.

Removal of this one item.. makes the entire game worthless.

thats how BAD their design right now is. there is no GROUP content to do that is rewarding.. zip.. zero.. nada.

everything else in game of ANY value us bta or btc..

Im opposed to a nerf. until they fix ACTUAL control skills on CW and/or replace that 30% loss with un-nerf to spellstorm and/or give BITE back to the old NERFED encounters of the CW.

that had no reason at all to be nerfed.

Im not DEFENDING the elol set.. IM DEFENDING THE RIGHT TO farm in game.

there is NO other content to do! this is it!

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited December 2015

Firstly, how much does the elol set boost different classes dps by:
    CW: 30%+
    GWF: 25%+
    TR: 17-22%
    DC, SW, GF, HR: 5-10%
    OP, 0-10%

Assuming you build classes purely for damage and didn't skimp in any way (this includes soul puppet SW etc) (including dc, gf and OP) How do they rank in terms of damage?
    1) GWF/SW
    2) HR
    3) TR/CW/DC/GF
    4) OP

So, how does class damage compare without the elol set, say post a nerf where the set bonus was reduced to only a 2% dps increase for all classes?
    1) SW
    2) GWF
    3) HR
    4) DC/GF
    5) TR
    6) CW
    7) OP

1. I'm missing here something, you didn't show the relative difference of dps over some base line (in percentage or otherwise). Without it, on what you base your shift in order ?

for example (and for example only) if we use TR as base line, and using your order:

1) GWF/SW - 150%
    2) HR - 110%
    3) TR/CW/DC/GF 0% - Baseline
    4) OP - 50%

We can get:

1) SW
    2) GWF
    3) HR

Or with same order but a bit different :

1) GWF/SW - 150%
    2) HR - 130%
    3) TR/CW/DC/GF 0% - Baseline
    4) OP - 50%

We will get:

1) SW
    2) HR
    3) GWF

And so on... (numbers probably not accurate, but I hope you understand what I mean)

2. Small note, Usually TRs dps rotation includes Smoke Bomb... it also controls, quite well too.
  • tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I just got done upgrading this gear and your trying to have it nerfed. Will you please refine the next set of artifact gear for me OP? I mean you posted a book and yeah I see your points but seriously... I myself would be pretty upset after spending months getting my gear upgraded to have them turn around and cave into the 1% of the gamers that actually show up here to complain.

Until there are items to farm in game.. this is it guys.. nerfing it makes the game useless to play.

That is the issue.. not everyone is BiS.. some of us NEED this set to last until they release something else worthy of farming.

Removal of this one item.. makes the entire game worthless.

A bit melodramatic. My CW doesn't sport the elol set and does fine at 2.5k. More is always better, but I'm just too much of a chicken to get it because I expect the set to be fixed eventually. With my luck, that's the exact day I get it and bind it. And apart from the set bonus, i can get better stats from the BI belt and cloak for example. So I run without it. By no means is the elol set required outside PvP. My TR did fine without it, and will do fine if it gets fixed. So will the GWF.

YOUR talking about the power of the set..

IM talking about having nothing else to farm..

tell me WHAT else in game can we farm that people would buy? vals set is only good for the very small limited amount of poeple building for control.

Black ice is a 250k blackince bombshell of a shocker to get and then its lame anyways.. and its not farmble anyways.

Heck.. HECK even the crappy tiamat set isnt worth it! (artifact isnt bad actually, but set is beyond worthless to farm and sell)

THAT leaves people farming RP.. omg, do you know how boring that is?

THIS is it.. im not being melodramatic.. this is the only item.. in the entire game you can farm and make some AD off from it. WHILE also grouping and doing something not half dead boring in game!

there is nothing else that give you this return.

The only other way is to get lucky in the lottery system from a lockbox.

I dont mind warranted adjustments, but PLEASE give us options to farm and sell and group content in DUNGEONS!

• tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    please don't nerf the lostmauth set...i'm a casual player and nerfing it will make me unable to join any (epic) skirmishes and dungeon runs (or risk getting kicked)...
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Actually the problem is not the set.

the problem is how procs are handled by the game.
    Procs AND FEATS ( even when stated on encounters usage ) need to occur once per encounter activation.

without fixing this before, we will complain about broken stuffs in another week or two.

just think about the devastation a conduit of ice/sw encounters/an icy terrain can cause.

lets leave the gwf alone for a moment, that suffers of another kind of brokenness due to highly ridicolous bonus damage feats.
    i
    why the set isnt so actually out of balance for a HR? or half on TR?
    because they lack said multi proccing stuffs on multi hits encounters.

The trick is ONCE per application.
    Fix lostmauth, its no like spell twisting or abyss of chaos dont work the same way....

(sorry to have named cws specifically but i wanted to name something i know about ...
    sws are probably the same but i dont have the appropriate knowledge)

or in the past:

melee HR with HR dots piercing damage feat (now fixed)

TR dailies interaction with knife's edge (now fixed)

and many more

@tvcity the set would be nerfed for everyone, not just @tvcity characters ... come on man, what kind of petition is that?
    @silverkelt on a side, fun, note: give gateway dungeons a shot... im doing like 150k ads refined daily from there. Im logging just for keys, some stronghold farm and put stuffs on selling
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Losty set is fine as it is and doesn't need a nerf.

The other sets are just lackluster and not worth investing into.

When a set of items with a speciffic set of + attributes becomes a no brainer for practically ANY class in a game it's not necessarily too OP and needs a nerf.
    It probably means, as many others have mentioned in this forum that, the rest of the sets are HAMSTER compared to it and should be reworked to be up to par with losty set and become viable If not the go-to alternatives.

I burned my owlbear belt into Puissance (thought over it for weeks) after testing the set and found out that even with the loss of +3 Wis, There's little to be missed since the procs fill the gap to all the missing +%DMG from INT and the loss of Power from my stats.
    I like to do a lot of solo PvE and the boost was too good to think of the -3 INT. Burned it right in the other belt.

Still, i didn't think "oh man this thing is OP".
    What I thought was "oh man, why are the other sets not as good as this one for my class ?"

And in all honesty, making the other sets worth getting will lead people in running other stuff than just eLOL and may even give some alternatives to running the already limited content.

I was looking into the seldarine set last night for one of my alt toons, there are 3 emblems of the seldarine in the AH as we speak and 45 losty horns.

Guess why MC isn't getting that much love ?

Oh well.

*EDIT- I mistakenly wrote wis instead of int for the owlbear stat :P I hope I wasn't thrown into the fire xD (checking)
    It's all fixed now
    Post edited by lowendus on
    fun note.. i saw a emblem once.. went to take it and it was during the time that you didnt get your loot due to chest bug..

arrghh this game sometimes.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    lowendus said:

Losty set is fine as it is and doesn't need a nerf.

The other sets are just lackluster and not worth investing into.

When a set of items with a speciffic set of + attributes becomes a no brainer for practically ANY class in a game it's not necessarily too OP and needs a nerf.
    It probably means, as many others have mentioned in this forum that, the rest of the sets are HAMSTER compared to it and should be reworked to be up to par with losty set and become viable If not the go-to alternatives.

I burned my owlbear belt into Puissance (thought over it for weeks) after testing the set and found out that even with the loss of +3 Wis, There's little to be missed since the procs fill the gap to all the missing +%DMG from WIS and the loss of Power from my stats.
    I like to do a lot of solo PvE and the boost was too good to think of the -3 wis. Burned it right in the other belt.

Still, i didn't think "oh man this thing is OP".
    What I thought was "oh man, why are the other sets not as good as this one for my class ?"

And in all honesty, making the other sets worth getting will lead people in running other stuff than just eLOL and may even give some alternatives to running the already limited content.

I was looking into the seldarine set last night for one of my alt toons, there are 3 emblems of the seldarine in the AH as we speak and 45 losty horns.

Guess why MC isn't getting that much love ?

Oh well.

How's the fact you as a whatever (not sure what you are class wise) without DEX/STR as attributes using a set that's meant for only 3 OTHER CLASSES not broken and considered 'okay' and perfectly designed? The HAMSTER people say sometimes, it just baffles me.
    Funny enough, when people cry about TR's doing way too much damage from Shadowy Opportunity in PVP (which worked the exact same way as the eLOL set does, weapon damage buffed by external buffs resulting in every COS hitting 10 - 15's) it gets a giant HAMSTER nerf. Huh, what about Stormspell? Got a similar treatment. But a saaaaacred set EVERYONE is wearing now because they're sheep and feel like they need to compete in the non-existent world of dps race (I like cw's justifying their use of the set to boost DPS the most, since they really don't do much as Thaums as they once were and are no longer competent in that area with or without a set). The only reason the set has yet to get a severe fix is because the game is losing players as it is, hurting RP investments of 90% of the game's population is not a smart move, and since they were too late in figuring out the set was OP, they couldn't take it back at that point and never will.

I'm more than willing to lose said 30% of my DPS for a more even playground, the set is NOT needed whatsoever, if anything it'll drop GWF's down to be more on par (but not entirely) with other primary strikers and make it fair.

So nope, you liking the DPS and soloing a DR lair 20 seconds faster than you would normally is not a valid point.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    rinat114 said:

I find it highly disturbing to see a class without DEX/STR as main attributes forced to use a set just because it's overpowered (although I'll be honest, I appreciate a CW with a proper Valindra set a whole lot than one with the Lostmauth set. It's about doing your job - hence cc, not to take care of your own ****). The current meta is simply broken, and there are two options to fix it -

Even if you were building your CW without the lostmauth set you shouldn't use the Valindra set because the bonus is marginal and the stats are bad. CWs are already giving up 1500 arp with the new rings and artifact weapons, losing another 2060 arp would just mean giving up a lot of crit/power for no reason. You're better off finding a better stat stick and just using the valindra's belt (although that means giving up another 530 arp).

I am conflicted over the set. On one hand, I love the damage and have invested a lot into the set. On the other, It seems to be in the way of any class reworks. Same with Trans. Feytouched and Negation, they all mask weaknesses and strengths that need to be adjusted. I am just waiting for the next broken thing. Most likely it will be the new mount.

They can easily work around the lostmauth set while buffing a class. I mean look at Trapper HRs, they have basically no reason to use the set. If that's possible then there really isn't a reason why they couldn't find a way to buff other classes in a way that encourages them to not use the elol set.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.