test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Having kinda lag and slow fps

ankabird1ankabird1 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
Hey guys;

Before the x2 event for like 3-4 days i was having terrible lag and fps in the game

My normal ping is like 200. When my fps becomes low ping is like 300 400.

Also my Received data (from /netgraph 1) is increases to high values. When i am playing smoothly it is usally1-2k values, but when i lag its 5-20k .

How can i solve this issue. Is it game server? ISP? Laptop problem? Unwanted os spyware programs that i didnt notice etc?

Thx for advices

Comments

• yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    game server.
  • ankabird1ankabird1 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Help me guys i need more advices/resolutions

(bumping up )
  • zapo#6676 zapo Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I think they are overloading zones. Since Mod 6 Dread ring has had a second or so delay. With Mod 8 it has gotten worse. I think due to Demonic Heroics. Ice wind pass is just as bad again. I think they need to upgrade their server hardware or find the leaks. Dread Ring has had it's population limit cut to 15. I think they know there is a problem.

With the winter event I sometimes lag in PE or the winter Festival itself, but I think that has to do with my toon being placed in a highly populated zone.

All you can really do is try changing to a low populated zone.
  • tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    Two areas you will always lag in:

Dread Ring
    Icewind

This goes hand in hand with all the HEs. Dread Ring has ALWAYS had issues since I remember but at least you can shift to an instance with low players.

To further prove the design Cryptic chose with all the HEs is ruining the gaming experience is when the Winter Festival first started everyone was there instead of Icewind.... and go figure it played like the leveling areas which all are awesome. Everything up to heroics areas are great.

They will not openly accept their issue and will continue to post threads/suggestions on fixing "YOUR" lag. It's their design that is ultimately the issue.
  • tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User

Two areas you will always lag in:

Dread Ring
    Icewind

This goes hand in hand with all the HEs. Dread Ring has ALWAYS had issues since I remember but at least you can shift to an instance with low players.

To further prove the design Cryptic chose with all the HEs is ruining the gaming experience is when the Winter Festival first started everyone was there instead of Icewind.... and go figure it played like the leveling areas which all are awesome. Everything up to heroics areas are great.

They will not openly accept their issue and will continue to post threads/suggestions on fixing "YOUR" lag. It's their design that is ultimately the issue.

The big question I wonder...

"What is different about Well of Dragons Infrastructure behind it???"

WoD rarely performs poorly and it has sooo much going on. Even with HEs it still performs well. So I ask Cryptic ... what can you do with Icewind and Dread Ring to bring up the performance to WoD???

• draqkonisdraqkonis Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Since the event started, I've had several characters get locked in PE due to not being able to interact with anything. Can't map change, instance change, use sign-post, queue into anything, or interact with NPCs. I've tried killingmyself, restarting the game, restarting the computer, force verify, and safe-mode.

I'm fully convinced that any issues regarding lag is due to their server and there is nothing we can do about.