test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

would you like for artifact equipment to go away?

2»

Comments

• Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    More arti Equipment ? No.

But refining isn't as bad as many here say. You only need patience and to gather RP.

Got 4 artis and main hand to Legendary in the last 2xRP events.
    Never thought I'd be able to do it.
    I realized it is possible by thinking ahead, keeping enough ad every day
    and carefully buying out of the auction house when I saw opportunities.

Especially now that the daily AD refinement cap is better than it used to be, I did it by running dailies in just 3 toons.
    Not an army of alts nor spamming Leadership.

It is possible and not much of an awful grind I'd say.

I'd vote for more dungeons and more itemization diversity.

Going lostmauth set is a no brainer for almost every class which makes the other sets completely obsolete.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    Now that my arti gear is legendary (without spending a penny on it, BTW) I'd have to say that I'm against throwing them out.
  • Options
    twoedge1twoedge1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    Don't forget that if you have 2 or more characters to work on it makes things even worse for the RP grind. Being able to explore the different classes available is the only 'real' end game content neverwinter has. The way refinement works currently it makes this less desirable to do. If they come out with a new class, I certainly wont be checking it out. The thought of having to grind more artifacts for another class (to include all the boons) is depressing.
  • Options
    jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User
    Nope gives green items and all those VIP scrolls a purpose. The new legendary rings are great but I don't have all year to grind for one never mind two. At leat with artifact equipment I can make some progress.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    the entire issue with artifacts is that THEY dont grow with you.. which is a DIRECT lie from the original proposition with them..

THEY ONLY get replaced.. at a 20% loss every 3-4 months.

That is the issue.

IF THEY truly grew with you and every few months a "new" aspect could be found and added to them (say ap gain/or twisty gain.. ) via a gem that you could buy or drop from a Dungeon. This aspect is opened and you could have 1 added aspect on current weapons

and you NEVER had to replace the existing artifact HAMSTER again and they would TRULY grow with you.. you just ground new aspects instead.

OMG.. OMG.. winner, winner chicken dinner.

As it currently stands, its just a annoyance, more then a feature.
  • Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2015

bioshrike said:

I would like to see an enchantment added, which when slotted, generates RP for the artifact it's slotted in, as some % of XP gained.

That is a really good idea. Unfortunately, if they implemented it, soon enough they'd screw it up with internal cooldowns and daily limits like they did to DHEs. And, of course, they'd gate it behind some huge, pointless AD sink to start with.
    QFT +100 exactly.

• Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    Personally think artifacts should be account bound so that if you want to send to an alt to refine it... you should be able to.
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Refining is the most HAMSTER system I saw on a mmorpg.

Refining millions of points is even more hyper-mega-HAMSTER.

Refining millions of points x4 is even more super-hyper-mega-HAMSTER... no sense at all.

But guess what, there are people outhere who loves it...

(Read the **** as a very negative word...)
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    It's a way to get revenue (i.e Whale Tax)
    It's a way to add grind to a game lacking content.
    It's not going away, and I assume artifact rings will follow.

It's awful, and by the time you can upgrade them, you lose them to obsolescence to the next mod forcing new upgrades.
    I really have nothing positive to say about artifact gear. Their dubious purposes are blatantly obvious. $ and grind.

• Options
    fatheranthonyfatheranthony Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Current system fits a player churn business model quite well.

However, if/when they learn the fallacy of that model, artifact equipment refinement costs should be nearky the same cost as artifact refinement.

stack of 99 blue gems 10k ad--rp gain 106, 920 (10.6 rp per ad spent)

stack of 99 resonance stones 495k ad--rp gain 495,000 (1 rp per ad spent)

All artifact refinement stones rp value shpild be increased x10. (still costs almost a million more rp to get to legendary than an artifact)
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    A solution to this problem is for them to provide MASSIVE refining rewards in the dungeons, MASSIVE as in rubies and diamonds - not peridots and aquamarines. This would make the dungeons worth running, and at the same time make death grind less deadly. However this being Cryptic, their incompetent staff will prove players with peridots as usual.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

A solution to this problem is for them to provide MASSIVE refining rewards in the dungeons, MASSIVE as in rubies and diamonds - not peridots and aquamarines. This would make the dungeons worth running, and at the same time make death grind less deadly. However this being Cryptic, their incompetent staff will prove players with peridots as usual.

Peridot from lostmauth, the ultimate troll, the death by planet falling on the wound.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited January 2016

The only reason those seem massive is because the rewards are so paltry now. Peridot drops in dungeons make me giggle.

The powers that be in this game aren't very concerned about keeping players long term.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    For me they can stay, the problems with artifacts and refining are essentially two:

1) Wasting time with the clunky UI to add RP.
    2) The crazy amount of RP and token items needed to upgrade. And the inventory space they take.

Two changes would make artifacts much less of a chore:

1) Remove all RP stones and gems from the game. Add an automatic EXP to RP (with a proper ratio scaled on level, not necessarly a 1:1 thing, of course) conversion for equipped artifacts. Something similar to Might and Magic X Legacy's relics.
    2) Removal of wards from the game and upgrade chance set to 100% automatically.

However, I'm aware that none of this is likely to ever happen and it's just wishful thinking on my part. As someone mentioned before, the current system is designed around the "pay to skip" approach.
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Truth is this is the quick and easy path. No thought, no new ideas. Just work on creating the next new grind. My guess would also be that everyone at Cryptic knows that Neverwinter as a game wont be lasting that much longer anyways. The profit margins cannot be that good all things considered. This game has no long term future anymore. The business isn't about long term futures.

They have already gotten everything they want out of Neverwinter. Anything they get from this game now is just extra toppings.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Why couldn't they just give us the old days with tonnes of dungeons that gave unbound BiS drops which we had a choice of using of selling to make money, no refinement no <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I just pray to reset the servers to pre mod days...
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    ooohhh please.. this whole whale concept is ludicrous..

No one I knows relaly spends money to get rp.. they just play the game and buy it.

If you have only 1 toon, you can get BIS over time (6 months or so) the problem is if you want to play alts.. thats the real issue, every alt costs around 5-6 million AD to become reasonable in current meta to play.

thats the real issue here, ALT play has been KILLED due to RP needs.

reduce the level of needed RP to get items to purple, keep it from epic to legendary.. there problem solved, people WOULDNT be BiS but thier alts wouldnt suffer so much.

I proposed this months ago.

overall the whole RP system is sort of boring.. because its all sort of unreasonable when you put in 2-3+ toons into it.

THIS game is wayyyy too alt unfriendly as it currently stands.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I love it, It gives you goals and power... anyone can get it to max... and you don't have to grind any particular Dungeon.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    My personal opinion - I like it, because it gives you a way of bettering your character without having to replace your equipment all the time. You can get the stats you want and make them grow with you. I don't think the devs intended everyone to have everything legendary and mythic overnight. It's a goal to work towards. Most video games have goals to work towards at level cap, though generally it's "replace this item with another item that has better stats", thereby making the work to get that first item obsolete. To me, it's better to work to improve the item you already have, than to work to find a better replacement for it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

My personal opinion - I like it, because it gives you a way of bettering your character without having to replace your equipment all the time. You can get the stats you want and make them grow with you. I don't think the devs intended everyone to have everything legendary and mythic overnight. It's a goal to work towards. Most video games have goals to work towards at level cap, though generally it's "replace this item with another item that has better stats", thereby making the work to get that first item obsolete. To me, it's better to work to improve the item you already have, than to work to find a better replacement for it.

Ive already commented on this , maybe 200 times.

Your wrong, and here is the reasons.

A. THEY force you to get new weapons about every 3 months.. WE do not have time to upgrade them.

THAT is the whole argument against them, they DO not give you enough time.

B. There is a WHOLE bunch of people who got artifacts to legendary for about 500 k in purchased RP.. THEY only have to invest 20% every 3-4 months.

C. The rest of us are stuck in limbo land.. with either have to grind out RP.. (ive broken down the math.. lets say its not a fun experience) or buying it.

D. It resets about the the time you get your next alt to epic again.. and its vicious roller coaster.

E. IT locks out alt player , more then any item.

Ive offered many solutions, but here are some again.

A. I would expand where we can get RP, add it to dungeons please, they are the least botted materials out there, why its not IN dungeons is always beyond me.

B. DROP the curve from green to purple, by about 50% of current needed RP. This opens up artifacts to ALTS at a quicker rate. You can leave the purple to orange (epic to legendary) curve as stated, it would still be difficult for players, but not so consuming as it currently stands.

C. Instead OF GIVING us new weapons, OPEN up new aspects of power, this could add damage if they chose, this new module, you wouldve earned the twisted option aspect ect, you would have to choose what aspects you want, have 5 total slotted, 1 can always be current power, then stat, then earn new aspects as they appear ect. I think this wouldve BEEN a fun and totally made more sense.. it truly is a EPIC weapon for you. AND offered customization. It wouldve been a reason to unlock multiple elements! THIS WOULD have been the best designed change since mod 4! If they do this.. they can send me a few high level enchants =P.

D. THIS IS A BIGGY.. REDUCE the need to open up new powers.. down to 1 cube.. not 4.. OMG.. this is a hate fest for me atm.

Overall.. I dont HATE artifacts, I HATE how they lock out alts and alt play and how they truly ARE NOT legendary weapons, since they get replaced WAY to often.

Sorry for caps.. I cant inflect my voice , so I use them for emphasis, I know some of you hate that.

• Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    My upgrade from one Arti to the new twisted was VERY fast...

3 Rubies and I was done

Anyone can get 3 rubies in 3 months

BTW I am much happier with the new TWISTED Set

But

I know opinions very
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    Wake up buddy~wake up! It won't happen as the cost of all those artifact equipments and enhanting strones are the main income $$$ for them, unless you have a batter idea to encourage player to spend $/time.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    I can only say that I've spent much more money on other MMOs that don't have this kind of grinding. money that is much better spent on things I value more and find more entertaining, like fashion items, costumes, mounts, armor/weapon skins, etc... but not in a boring grind.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    morenthar said:

Artifact Equipment isn't alone the problem. It's the amount of RP necessary. Halve that amount and keep 2x RP events and it's not so rough.

That's great! When is this scheduled to happen??