test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Eye of Lathander around?

arcofortep12arcofortep12 Member Posts: 2,265 Arc User
Is it a dead Set?
Sunrise_Knights.jpg

- All I say it's just my opinion. Peace. -
- Sunrise Knights are always recruiting active good-hearted players ;) 'Let the Sun shine!' -

Best Answers

• nathanjmnathanjm Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    I had one (account-bound) drop in one of the Dread Ring lairs, with an adamantine glove, in the last 10-14 days. Sorry, probably doesn't help you.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    It's really only useful if you plan on dying a lot. And if you're doing that, you're probably either exploiting something or way too weak of a player for the content you're running. It's otherwise just a lazy person's set--belt and cloak are cheap in the AH, and you don't have to pay attention to traps etc.

That said, as far as the title question goes (which really seems to be aiming at an entirely different target than the post itself), the eye is available as a random drop with admantine or star metal gauntlets in the Dread Ring lairs.

Answers

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Kind of...with vip up to the level where you have immunity to injury one of the main reasons for having the set is gone
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    << Here is a stupid guy who refine his eye of lathandar into water of elazaad in mod 2 and had found no one till now.
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    To date I have had 5. 4 a year ago - 2 of which I refined because they were BoC back then :| and one about 2 weeks ago. My 3 toons all sport the set since I'm too poor to be a VIP. Good luck, the drops are RNG at their worst.
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • chaosweaver83chaosweaver83 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I've had crazy luck getting the eye lately. 3 in the past 4 days, 2 on the same character. I don't even want 'em. Wish they were bind on equip.
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    i found Eye of Lathander of six characters. The last two I didn't try to get them. It turns out now I don't even want to use it on any characters.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    When lostmauth is the meta, even when eye of lathandar is available, no one will really go for it unless for fun.
  • icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User

empalas said:

Kind of...with vip up to the level where you have immunity to injury one of the main reasons for having the set is gone

But 50% HP for you and your mates isn't bad in bad moments. :p
    Indeed. If you do plan on dying the Lathander set bonus can mean that your Soulforge will actually help instead of you getting killed instantly as soon as it procs because everything will one-shot you at that point.

Also, regardless of whether you use the set or not I like the Eye as a primary artifact. Faster rez from a distance that leaves them with more HP is not something you get any other way and seems a lot better to me than a little bit of damage. (Unless you have a great daily you want the Cleric artifact for.)
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    icyclass said:

Indeed. If you do plan on dying the Lathander set bonus can mean that your Soulforge will actually help instead of you getting killed instantly as soon as it procs because everything will one-shot you at that point.

Also, regardless of whether you use the set or not I like the Eye as a primary artifact. Faster rez from a distance that leaves them with more HP is not something you get any other way and seems a lot better to me than a little bit of damage. (Unless you have a great daily you want the Cleric artifact for.)

My DC is using the lathander set (yay lazy) and has the eye as his primary in a lot of situations. It's pretty great for certain boss fights. Like Valindra or Fulminorax during the laser stages, as you usually can't afford to rez people in any normal fashion.

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    I got one 2 days back. o:) No use though :p
    FrozenFire
  • juggalotus42000juggalotus42000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

icyclass said:

My DC is using the lathander set (yay lazy) and has the eye as his primary in a lot of situations. It's pretty great for certain boss fights. Like Valindra or Fulminorax during the laser stages, as you usually can't afford to rez people in any normal fashion.

yep, i use it for the same reason.. nothin like a long range rezz instead of runnin into a down party member with a huge red aoe attack bout to be dealt on your char
  • balding2earlbalding2earl Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    The set has its uses, especially with a glass cannon, I use it on my hr with soulforge and I'm not planning on changing it