test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MrShield's GF Iron Vanguard Conqueror PVP Mod2-Mod8 for Casual Players

jokerswissjokerswiss Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
edited December 2015 in The Guard Barracks
Good day

Updated for Mod8 - no changes in build, some in gear (above pic with current gear from Mod8) + some info in posts below.

0. Introduction
I was asked numerus of times to share my build in past months but never had time to do it till now. I always was PVE player on other classes but in mod2/mod3 I becomed very bored and a old guildmate from Dreadnought (greetings to other good CW and GF - Bethel@Kacezet) inspired me to use not played toons in PVE and try PVP - it's why I choosed GF as other classes were still PVE. From begining I was and I still am an Iron Vanguard with Conqueror spec. What is unique with my build and play style, that it's almost the same since mod2 till now - which for me as casual player which rather do not hit more then 100-150 PVP matches in whole mod - is an adventage. This build will be so short as possible as I do not want to copy-paste whole content and describe why this and why not that. This is PVP build but you can easly use it in PVE as well - currently there are no need to have tactican or protector build in PVE, but maybe (and I hope) Devs will implement new content (CN T3?) which will finally required more engagement from whole party, not another DPS race.

If you also do not play too often, you are bored with changing powers and playstyle, makes respec every month etc., you are not familiar with preview to test your build (I was there few times, mostly to open lockboxes) it's a build for you. Even if most GFs novadays play Sword Master (because in general it's better for PVP) it's does not change that they can beat you, believe me as I was fighting vs top players and you can beat a lot of people including BIS (and I am 3,1k GF, not 4k+). I will not provide description of powers, feats, or why I choose this and not that (with few exceptions) - you can read descriptions in game, and if you do not like it - choose your own, nobody said you cannot experiment.
I am lowering number of images during short life of them in general, so except these two, rest will be provided as alphabetic :smile: Let's start!

1. Race
Dragonborn - I was Dragonborn for like 1 day after I discovered that I cannot wear my helmet... Anyway it's a good class.
Halfling - Some control resist which is good adventage in PVP (currently with stupid companions bonus in PVP you will not see big difference).
Human - 3 extra points in feats - why not.

Ability scores - Focus on CON/DEX/STR, I personally put too much in CON which is not so BIS like it was in the past, and I am to greedy to buy race reroll :smile: Anyway, no matter what you choose, focus on these three abilities (when you rollout them during character creation as well as during leveling up).

2. Feats

Heroic

Paragon
Conqueror

Protector

Tactician

- I played with Trample the Fallen till mod6 but I swtiched it for 5% more deflect chance.
- Grit + Take Measure + a lot of others players buffs which give you temp HP = Wrathfull Warrior -> you deal extra damage when you got temp HP, just sweet.
- Jagged Blades - don't know even if it's works, but you crit a lot (~40% chance) so why not.
- Combat Superiority - your #1 class feat required feat boost.

Last boons choice:
Sharandar - deal 3k damage when deflect (I guess most GFs took 10% more stamina, but I do not like use shield at all, I like to jump like pitbull and kill, so this 10% is not for me :smile:)
Drad Ring - 3xmore life steal severity chance
Icewind - 3k bonus damage when healed (generally Icewind has worst last boons bonuses, I guess no matter you will chose, its do not change too much)
Dragon - I got life steal chance +3% and incoming healing (LS+REG procs) +10%. Still not achieved 3rd one but will take Crit or Control bonus for future PVE dungs (I hope they will implement them soon!).

3. Powers
As mentioned above, I am really casual player, I almost always play in PVP with the same layout and I am even too lazely to change it when play 1vs1.

Encounters:
- Bull Charge
- Anvil of Doom
- Lunging Strike - I just love this power from begining, it was great to fill gap of GF slow movements, it's gives now 50% increased DR for 3 seconds with 6 seconds cooldown + give you great opportunity to finish running enemy + give you really good example how to suprise enemies as novadays almost everyone running with Into the Fray (it's why I am not using Sword Master, are most GFs using ITF while I prefere LS).

Atwills:
- Crushing Surge
- Threatening Rush - another reason why I love IV above SM.

Daily:
- Villian Menace
- Terryfying Impact

Class Feats:
- Combat Superiority - nothing to add, just great
- Shield Warrior Wrath - another good power which increase our damage, before I have been using Trample of Fallen, but now I use SWW.

4. Gear
- PVP SH Set (got 3 pieces and will not go to 4th one, this PVP SH is big lag for me in every match) - you got +2khp when 2 pieces of set, +500 tenacity when 3 pieces.
- Artifact Wheel of Elements - best artifact in my opinion for PVP, basically I use only water (100% health regeneration over 30 sec) or fire (extra damage for 28 seconds) depending in which circumstances I am using it.
Rest 3 artifacts - up to you (good to have extra combat adventage damage, stamina guard, regeneration).
- Why regeneration? I personally "explore" map on PVP running from one node to another, and I always look to win a match, not to have greatest K/D etc., it's why if you can heal yourself by 10kHP during moving from one node to another, it's great. Also your life steal severity will increase (or rather incoming healing bonus). You will not have a time to find potion on PVP map, you must go to node and interrupt enemy capping it, and regeneration a little bit is good.
Set - I personally does not have set because I got CON belt which was bad choice (already explained above) - LOL set seems be good here and will also increase your DPS as well.
- Weapon enhantment: Feytouched>Terror(Plague). I was using Plague up to mod7 when I changed to Feytouched (gives also damage reduction... hope they will nerf it a little bit). Perfect/Pure plague is great if you havent too much money, if you have more - go for Feyt or Terror (some people still play with TError, it's why I don't focus on Power so much as enemies reduce it by %, the more I had, the more they still it from me :smile:.
- Armor enhantment: Negation>Elven - Negation is still OP in my opinion, Elven sounds nice when you fight agains this roots HRs or frozen CWs (especially when you fight alone vs 2 of them).

5. Other
- I personally recommend to build your statas based on encounters, boons, artifacts and others:
Defense: Life Steal>Deflect>HP
Offense: Recovery>Critical>Armor Penetration>Power
- TAB Mark allow GFs to do not focus so much on ARP like other classes, but of course 50% is welcome. Use it always when attack someone (we got also "small mark" on atwill Threatening Rush).
- Companions - I have no companions except Ioun Stone which buff my power and recovery in PVE. Also I do not like currently "bug" where other players using active bonus of them in PVP, I hope it will be fixed soon.
- Sword Master have Flourish which is what I am really missing - it's great tool against HRs and TRs, however still this build should give you fun, becuase we play for fun finally, right? :smile:

If I forgot something I will try to update. Hope you will enjoy it.
PS: Greeting to best TR in this game which is also not so famous and currently offline mostly, but has top-pure skills :smile: BadBeach@juayaba)
Best regards
MrShield aka Lord Lucjan
Post edited by jokerswiss on

Comments

• jokerswissjokerswiss Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    Reserved space for future update plus things which I forgot to mention:
    - Overload slots - I was using green (deflect bonus + damage in zone next to me) and black (critical bonus + damage when someone hit me) - both work very well against TRs and HRs as well as other classes. However now I had to switch to AP and Stamina wards (block effects of these noobish drains).
    - I am mostly lone wolf when queue for pvp, it's why this build fit for different scenario in every match as you don't know with who you will play together. I never have been premade hero which queue only with friends.
    - If you are lack of AD and just start build character, then offense enhancment slot will be best lesser holy or lesser lightning. With more amount of AD to spare, go to plagufire or feytouched. Armor enhancment - lesser soul (as its also good for pve) or lesser negation.
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    Pictures are so small, could you provide link to pics, I'd really like to check this out. Thanks.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • jauxus1990#7465 jauxus1990 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    which among strength constitution and dexterity should i put points on? i am thinking of going str and dex! what do u think m8?
    Update - refreshed current gear/artifact as well as powers for MOD8.
    I didn't change nothing in my build, but I swap some powers to have more recovery and armor penetration.
    Some people ask - I got Snail mount (regenerate 25% of my AP after using daily). I have high recovery so I got really short cooldown on my powers (~10sec on Anvil) and spam dailies like crazy - from second hand I haven't high ARP like most of people now in PVP but still I put REC over ARP.

From stats which are not visible, I got around 6k defend, 4k deflect, 6k lifesteal

@oliboyph - feat tree - link to picture: http://s2.postimg.org/w1ehryxq1/feats.png
    @jauxus1990 - I got top CON, next STR, last DEX, and I will not change them, for me they are good balanced.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    Nice guide! :)

one question:
    i used wrathfull warrior untill early Mod4 and in that time the buff was active for just 2-3secs.So i dropped it out.
    With the temp hp mechanics that are introduced now in late mods,is now wrathfull warrior activating more often?

Thanks.:)

Nice guide! :)

one question:
    i used wrathfull warrior untill early Mod4 and in that time the buff was active for just 2-3secs.So i dropped it out.
    With the temp hp mechanics that are introduced now in late mods,is now wrathfull warrior activating more often?

Thanks.:)

As I said, I didn't even test if it's proc properly or not, I haven't problems to kill anyone 1vs1 in PVP so I assume that all my powers works properly and I didn't change them to another ones as I don't see nothing reasonable to put points in conq tree.
    I am inactive novadays as PVP is really boring, but when Mod9 will comes out I guess that I will respec to protector or tactican to farm PVE.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

Good day

Updated for Mod8 - no changes in build, some in gear (above pic with current gear from Mod8) + some info in posts below.

0. Introduction
    I was asked numerus of times to share my build in past months but never had time to do it till now. I always was PVE player on other classes but in mod2/mod3 I becomed very bored and a old guildmate from Dreadnought (greetings to other good CW and GF - Bethel@Kacezet) inspired me to use not played toons in PVE and try PVP - it's why I choosed GF as other classes were still PVE. From begining I was and I still am an Iron Vanguard with Conqueror spec. What is unique with my build and play style, that it's almost the same since mod2 till now - which for me as casual player which rather do not hit more then 100-150 PVP matches in whole mod - is an adventage. This build will be so short as possible as I do not want to copy-paste whole content and describe why this and why not that. This is PVP build but you can easly use it in PVE as well - currently there are no need to have tactican or protector build in PVE, but maybe (and I hope) Devs will implement new content (CN T3?) which will finally required more engagement from whole party, not another DPS race.

If you also do not play too often, you are bored with changing powers and playstyle, makes respec every month etc., you are not familiar with preview to test your build (I was there few times, mostly to open lockboxes) it's a build for you. Even if most GFs novadays play Sword Master (because in general it's better for PVP) it's does not change that they can beat you, believe me as I was fighting vs top players and you can beat a lot of people including BIS (and I am 3,1k GF, not 4k+). I will not provide description of powers, feats, or why I choose this and not that (with few exceptions) - you can read descriptions in game, and if you do not like it - choose your own, nobody said you cannot experiment.
    I am lowering number of images during short life of them in general, so except these two, rest will be provided as alphabetic :smile: Let's start!

1. Race
    Dragonborn - I was Dragonborn for like 1 day after I discovered that I cannot wear my helmet... Anyway it's a good class.
    Halfling - Some control resist which is good adventage in PVP (currently with stupid companions bonus in PVP you will not see big difference).
    Human - 3 extra points in feats - why not.

Ability scores - Focus on CON/DEX/STR, I personally put too much in CON which is not so BIS like it was in the past, and I am to greedy to buy race reroll :smile: Anyway, no matter what you choose, focus on these three abilities (when you rollout them during character creation as well as during leveling up).

2. Feats

Heroic

Paragon
    Conqueror

Protector

Tactician

- I played with Trample the Fallen till mod6 but I swtiched it for 5% more deflect chance.
    - Grit + Take Measure + a lot of others players buffs which give you temp HP = Wrathfull Warrior -> you deal extra damage when you got temp HP, just sweet.
    - Jagged Blades - don't know even if it's works, but you crit a lot (~40% chance) so why not.
    - Combat Superiority - your #1 class feat required feat boost.

Last boons choice:
    Sharandar - deal 3k damage when deflect (I guess most GFs took 10% more stamina, but I do not like use shield at all, I like to jump like pitbull and kill, so this 10% is not for me :smile:)
    Drad Ring - 3xmore life steal severity chance
    Icewind - 3k bonus damage when healed (generally Icewind has worst last boons bonuses, I guess no matter you will chose, its do not change too much)
    Dragon - I got life steal chance +3% and incoming healing (LS+REG procs) +10%. Still not achieved 3rd one but will take Crit or Control bonus for future PVE dungs (I hope they will implement them soon!).

3. Powers
    As mentioned above, I am really casual player, I almost always play in PVP with the same layout and I am even too lazely to change it when play 1vs1.

Encounters:
    - Bull Charge
    - Anvil of Doom
    - Lunging Strike - I just love this power from begining, it was great to fill gap of GF slow movements, it's gives now 50% increased DR for 3 seconds with 6 seconds cooldown + give you great opportunity to finish running enemy + give you really good example how to suprise enemies as novadays almost everyone running with Into the Fray (it's why I am not using Sword Master, are most GFs using ITF while I prefere LS).

Atwills:
    - Crushing Surge
    - Threatening Rush - another reason why I love IV above SM.

Daily:
    - Villian Menace
    - Terryfying Impact

Class Feats:
    - Combat Superiority - nothing to add, just great
    - Shield Warrior Wrath - another good power which increase our damage, before I have been using Trample of Fallen, but now I use SWW.

4. Gear
    - PVP SH Set (got 3 pieces and will not go to 4th one, this PVP SH is big lag for me in every match) - you got +2khp when 2 pieces of set, +500 tenacity when 3 pieces.
    - Artifact Wheel of Elements - best artifact in my opinion for PVP, basically I use only water (100% health regeneration over 30 sec) or fire (extra damage for 28 seconds) depending in which circumstances I am using it.
    Rest 3 artifacts - up to you (good to have extra combat adventage damage, stamina guard, regeneration).
    - Why regeneration? I personally "explore" map on PVP running from one node to another, and I always look to win a match, not to have greatest K/D etc., it's why if you can heal yourself by 10kHP during moving from one node to another, it's great. Also your life steal severity will increase (or rather incoming healing bonus). You will not have a time to find potion on PVP map, you must go to node and interrupt enemy capping it, and regeneration a little bit is good.
    Set - I personally does not have set because I got CON belt which was bad choice (already explained above) - LOL set seems be good here and will also increase your DPS as well.
    - Weapon enhantment: Feytouched>Terror(Plague). I was using Plague up to mod7 when I changed to Feytouched (gives also damage reduction... hope they will nerf it a little bit). Perfect/Pure plague is great if you havent too much money, if you have more - go for Feyt or Terror (some people still play with TError, it's why I don't focus on Power so much as enemies reduce it by %, the more I had, the more they still it from me :smile:.
    - Armor enhantment: Negation>Elven - Negation is still OP in my opinion, Elven sounds nice when you fight agains this roots HRs or frozen CWs (especially when you fight alone vs 2 of them).

5. Other
    - I personally recommend to build your statas based on encounters, boons, artifacts and others:
    Defense: Life Steal>Deflect>HP
    Offense: Recovery>Critical>Armor Penetration>Power
    - TAB Mark allow GFs to do not focus so much on ARP like other classes, but of course 50% is welcome. Use it always when attack someone (we got also "small mark" on atwill Threatening Rush).
    - Companions - I have no companions except Ioun Stone which buff my power and recovery in PVE. Also I do not like currently "bug" where other players using active bonus of them in PVP, I hope it will be fixed soon.
    - Sword Master have Flourish which is what I am really missing - it's great tool against HRs and TRs, however still this build should give you fun, becuase we play for fun finally, right? :smile:

If I forgot something I will try to update. Hope you will enjoy it.
    PS: Greeting to best TR in this game which is also not so famous and currently offline mostly, but has top-pure skills :smile: BadBeach@juayaba)
    Best regards
    MrShield aka Lord Lucjan

i will make a question: why a gf should go even if he is conqueror with lifesteal when fighters recovery returns life based on the damage you did ( and more if you have regeneration and incoming healing bonus). with the daily is 100% sure you will get back the life vs the chance lifesteal especially on gf who is slow on attacks. instead on conqueror builds i would suggest defence+ hp
    because the more defence you have the more you boost your pt and yourself. AND Regeneration to buff your daily incoming bonus.
    edited February 2016
    Fighters recovery is very bad in PVP, in PVE you can heal very fast but in PVP its not so shiny (decent, but I got 2 better dailies to use). I wrote that I don't play with ITF (which should and probably will be nerfed soon) so I don't need defense, especially when everyone running with 10k+ arp. I currently have more HP then life steal (~160k HP and ~15% LS chance) which work nice. I will try mix my build in mod9 with defense but we will see - in case that PVE will be nice again, I drop PVP for sure.