test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter Events Schedule - Gifts and 2x!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Check out our schedule for all the free items and 2x events we'll have for the remainder of the year: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9705723

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    Looks good! I'm glad the free item claims are from the Zen Market (and thus can be done via the Gateway) rather than the Rewards Claim Agent. Many of us will be traveling.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • fgsagaefgsagae Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Awesome, its just too bad I won't be home to play during most of the 2x time. Would love to finish 65~70 on my alts. Make more stuff like that when we are not traveling ;)
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    CHICKENS!

:open_mouth:
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    How come the 2x AD event that was originally on the page is no longer listed? It was scheduled for 12/27-12/30.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

How come the 2x AD event that was originally on the page is no longer listed? It was scheduled for 12/27-12/30.

Yeah, what the double hockeysticks? That's not very nice to get our hopes up and take it away.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User

Yes. What is the meaning of this. :|
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• geetheblueskygeethebluesky Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    It doesn't make sense for them to have a 2x AD event when the AD economy is still being monitored.

It doesn't make sense for them to have a 2x AD event when the AD economy is still being monitored.

Sure it does. They specifically said when they started making changes that they'd be running occasional 2xAD events for us, which they've rather been failing at following through on.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

This has ruined christmas. Gawd.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Niiiiice! I like how they scheduled a 2 x Enchants/Runes just before 2 x RP. Cryptic finally seem to be using their collective noggin.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • reyter#4170 reyter Member Posts: 1 New User
    ppaapappapppapapapapapappapapa

|
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User

No response to this of course. Was it a mistake? Was it a (please forgive racial slur) indian gift? Why post something then take it away without explanation or acknowledgement?
  • gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Winterfest is one of the best things in this game. It caused me to log back in after being absent a couple weeks. I've complained a lot but in this case need to offer a big congratulations. And come on people, a 2x AD event is nothing amidst a literal shower of gifts.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    While not having a 2xAD event is not a big deal. The challenge is that these things continue to be changed without notification. Shadow nerfs, event changes, rewards, drop rates (I'm hearing that the chance of getting legendary awards from boxes has dropped from .3% to .03%). The lack of transparency is the problem
  • sher0013sher0013 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    *Note: 2x Profession Resources currently does NOT affect Masterwork Profession nodes.

oh great. The most valuable resources are not affected. How kind of you.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    lirithiel said:

Niiiiice! I like how they scheduled a 2 x Enchants/Runes just before 2 x RP. Cryptic finally seem to be using their collective noggin.

IKR now I can buy all the botted RP right before 2x RP. This is the best.
    gphxgphx said:

Winterfest is one of the best things in this game. It caused me to log back in after being absent a couple weeks. I've complained a lot but in this case need to offer a big congratulations. And come on people, a 2x AD event is nothing amidst a literal shower of gifts.

A "shower" of rank 5s and rare level 61 equipment : |

I8r4ux9.jpg
    It's level 70 equipment if you open the box while not level-scaled.

Even lowbies will get level 70 equipment if opening a gift in the Stronghold.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    * Warning.. DO NOT enter winter festival.. dozens if not hundreds of people are getting suspended with NO official reasons behind it.

TOTALLY ruined!

They just hate us, I cant give you another reason.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    The bans appear to be from receiving/opening "too many" parcels in a day -- where "too many" is defined as >~20.

So people were getting banned if they opened parcels on more than 20 characters.

It's getting rolled back, per yetweallfalldown's post:
    People were wrongfully banned because they had opened what was dictated as a large quantity of parcels. I have reiterated to our team that there are scenarios where people had a large amount of characters and were able to open that quantity of parcels.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I believe it's claimed, not opened, I've claimed a lot (all legally, 5 per char - didn't get to claim the last day) but opened only 2 or so totally. And I got the 7 day mandatory vacation.

They probably summed claims per account instead of aggregating max claims per char on an account.
    edited December 2015
    micky1p00 said:

I believe it's claimed, not opened, I've claimed a lot (all legally, 5 per char - didn't get to claim the last day) but opened only 2 or so totally. And I got the 7 day mandatory vacation.

They probably summed claims per account instead of aggregating max claims per char on an account.

I've opened seven across seventeen characters and didn't get a ban so it's probably a bit more complicated than that.

Maybe it's because the starlight bags in the gifts of Simril are increasing the counter on parcels? So if someone got lucky with gifts they hit the magic number?
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    edited December 2015
    r000kie said:

Yesterday evening European time I just logged to one of my ava and checked the free section in ZEN store. For a split second, it seemed to me that all the free gifts listed above to start on 24, were available (bag, stone of health etc). I checked few more sections of the store and when came back the Free section was clear.

Don't know what really happened, someone said in chat "the bag is gone" and that was it. So maybe they messed up this free item thing, and now players claiming all that free stuff are playing dumb - who knows, maybe the voucher was working multiple times, too.

And seeing maybe a dev is reading this, please design a new way to share the gifts - modify the animation of it, so is not identical with launching regular lanterns which many use in team to pretend they are sharing. Second, make the members of a team to contribute same gifts to a chest/tree/whatever, otherwise the non contributors to be automatically kicked before the rewards will fall from the tree/jump from the chest/shoot from whatever. It would be fun and teach some obnoxious people the idea of fairness and common effort.

Sick of scammers getting tons of companions this way while I struggle in the few hours available after work. Is a pandemic of scamming and grinning. And the ones claiming "is about sharing" - I share with friends, relatives and nice people , not with grinning thieves....

Merry Christmas to all who enjoy the spirit of it!

If you have a full inventory it shows all the free items from the event in the zen store.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Hey Andy I think there is a problem, look like the blood ruby for today took a walk somewhere and forgot to tell anyone.

The free blood ruby for Tuesday isn't showing up in the zen store anymore. But the scroll and preservation wards for Wednesday and Thursday are.

Hmm.. well I got the ruby.. it decided to come back from its walk.

Nevermind :p
    Post edited by rifter1969 on
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    @strumslinger Seems to be an inconsistency in specification of the White Wolf. In the zstore description it says the wolf grants 80% speed increase, however in the tooltip and once you have claimed the item the wolf is only 50% speed increase. I mean thanks for the gift but perhaps whomever created the store entry didnt look at the item itself?​​
  • j4k06sj4k06s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    "The Winter Wolf mount can be claimed on every character on the account, and is reclaimable - but after the free day is over, it is no longer reclaimable!".

It seems to be only claimable for one character. I have checked both the Zen store and the Claims agent...
  • gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    j4k06s said:

"The Winter Wolf mount can be claimed on every character on the account, and is reclaimable - but after the free day is over, it is no longer reclaimable!".

It seems to be only claimable for one character. I have checked both the Zen store and the Claims agent...

Tried the same things, and the mount is only claimable on 1 character...wish Id known this as I had other characters that could have used it more...