test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starlight parcels drop rate heavily nerfed not in your favor

Comments

• instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    50 Preservation Wards so far.. some random other stuff. Blue gear gets fed to the Mimic.. I've put scarves on a couple of my characters.

While I'm not getting purple mounts every other drop (my partner got one though!), even the "junk" is better than a sharp stick to the eyeball.

Plus, it adds to the fun. :-)
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    Anyone had any of the new scarves or ice cloak drop from the parcels? I've only gotten the older ones...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    At this point, Ive been thoroughly disappointed, but oh well..

only thing I was hoping for really was respec tokens and Ive one 1.. 1!

Hoping that in this weeks batch, It will up to 4-5 at least. I would really want 15 or so by the end. ITs the only thing that matters really to me, hate having to spend AD to respec.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    bioshrike said:

Anyone had any of the new scarves or ice cloak drop from the parcels? I've only gotten the older ones...

It probably is just the old ones. Same thing with BoE masks in pinatas, just 2/3 of the original ones.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    bioshrike said:

Or, the devs could be forthcoming and disclose the exact drop rate of each item in a given chance box, plus your particular roll...

Won't fix the problem. Just see how people give the same ignorant conspiracy theories for upgrading enchants and artifacts, or non-class skill nodes. "I failed a 50% three times in a row! This HAMSTER is so broken!"

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    I can't complain about the drop rate i have recieved 2 respec, black ice prospector, Redcap and a devouerer. Really successful drops. So I guess it is just about luck. Last year my luck was terible this year it is good :)
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    mynaam said:

I can't complain about the drop rate i have recieved 2 respec, black ice prospector, Redcap and a devouerer. Really successful drops. So I guess it is just about luck. Last year my luck was terible this year it is good :)

Seeing as today we only get our sixth parcel you obviously spent zen to unlock those goodies you got. Last year was abysmal for me - the best I got was a grand total of ONE green companion from opening 60-ish parcels.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    It is definitely just hit and miss. I have two characters, so have opened six parcels for each of them. My CW has received nothing of note so far while my HR has had three Retraining Token Packs drop. Last year, I had only been playing for NWO for a month with my HR and he got one Retaining Token and a Redcap over the 21 days of the event. I'm just looking forward to the rest of this years event and enjoying the fishing and slalom, not so much the Monsters on Ice as the Demons just aren't as much fun to stomp. Heading down the slalom in a Demon Sled is definitely fun, even if it is the most environmentally unfriendly device ever to appear in NW .... or may be that is part of what adds to the fun :)
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Having opened 40+ on one character, Ive gotten a couple companions, lots of scarves, probably 3-4 respec tokens, 20-30 pwards and I think 1 set of vanity weapons. While free is free, I still think something changed in the loot tables....but we will never know (and sorry, I don't believe anything we are told from devs these days till I see it myself and verify). I remember getting a lot more pwards and vanity weapons last year, but it could be also that I had less of an idea of their value last year (100 pwards was like OMG last year...this year its like meh).

If I recall last year, the companions and such were dropping like candy in comparison, but since it was the first year with parcels and gifts, I think prices stayed up a bit. This year, people assumed companions will flood the market, and so they dropped the prices for a few days. Once people realized they are not dropping like candy again, the prices raised again.

I wish two things: 1, there was not so many clicks involved in getting the free parcel (I suppose this is done to prevent botting, but in reality, with a cap of 1 per char per day, there's nobody botting them), and 2, I'd like to see a different way for gift giving - perhaps instead of forcing groups and relying on people to be honest (always a problem in a game), you could just allow people to give gifts to anyone, earning a Joy Token in the process or something that can be turned in for a reward. Once you have received a gift, you can open it at a later time to collect. To me, the event is dimished by the constant "LFG 1 Parcel" spam in the zone...and further by the "SOandSO is a thief! Dont trade gifts with soandso" and "LFG 10+ gifts, must show gift, must go first, must provide social security number before I will do anything".

I wish two things: 1, there was not so many clicks involved in getting the free parcel (I suppose this is done to prevent botting, but in reality, with a cap of 1 per char per day, there's nobody botting them)

Rule Zero of MMOs: Tedium only ever incentivizes and rewards botting.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    words adjusted from "South Park", OMG they kill starlight!, and other kid said, "You *******!"

yes, it gotten worst, they put 5,10, 15, and 20 for best surprise gifts, as Op said, all we get was old 61 lvl blues that majority are already 70 lvl.
    some of my alts still getting duplicates of same scarfs and not the other scarfs, they are not tradeable or able to "Feed" the mimic when they are not wanted, and for so little value.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    GUYS, I would avoid 100% all activity in winterfest at this time, we DO not know why people are getting banned, its a complete nightmare.. and no not the horse variation of it.

• anesadinganesading Member Posts: 83 Arc User

GUYS, I would avoid 100% all activity in winterfest at this time, we DO not know why people are getting banned, its a complete nightmare.. and no not the horse variation of it.

I don't think they want to say what's flagging players because then the "bots"? would get a heads up on how to divert it.
    yetweallfalldown Posts: 128
    Administrator
    6:15PM

ejziponken said:

» show previous quotes
    Fixing WHAT exactly? Why did they get banned?

People were wrongfully banned because they had opened what was dictated as a large quantity of parcels. I have reiterated to our team that there are scenarios where people had a large amount of characters and were able to open that quantity of parcels.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So don't open too many parcels.
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    Anyone who was banned, check to see if you're still banned. I didn't get any confirmation email or anything, but I just tried to log in and got on just fine. If you're still banned, I guess submit another ticket.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    anyone can editing youtube video with hitler? )

Anyone who was banned, check to see if you're still banned. I didn't get any confirmation email or anything, but I just tried to log in and got on just fine. If you're still banned, I guess submit another ticket.

ok but now how do we prevent ourselves from getting banned again? lol
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    anesading said:

Apparently people were flagged automatically for opening/amassing a large amount of parcels, and since then they've adjusted the autobanning thingamajig so that people shouldn't get banned for collecting their parcels on all of their characters anymore.

Of course if you're doing anything else that might be against the ToS I can't help you.
    I'm scared to get parcels on all my toons...
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    anesading said:

I've spoken with our customer service team, and I wanted to clear the air in regards to the temporary bans that were levied and then lifted. These bannings were in regards to an exploit that was present on day one of the winter festival this year and was patched out that very same day. Disciplinary action was manually taken against players who utilized the exploit. However, the data used to identify violators had a number of false positives, hence some players were very unfortunately levied with a temporary ban when they should not have been.

The most important thing to take away from this is that the disciplinary action was taken manually in response to a specific exploit, there was and is no automated script running that will ban you for any sort of behavior in relation to the winter festival. You are 100% safe to continue picking up, purchasing and opening parcels on any and all of your characters. No further disciplinary measures are planned in regards to that exploit.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to those who were wrongfully banned.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    @asterdahl

Thank you for the explanation!
    va8Ru.gif
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    The transparency is appreciated. So is the swift work to repair the situation during a hectic time of year.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • digoliftdigolift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    congratz for the transparency asterdahl; i was one of the banned and i reall fell great with how the team handled this ! thanks for your effort !
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Personally, I don't believe the devs. Sorry. I was here last year, with less than half the amount of toons I have now and got way more rewards than I do this year. You can only argue "streak of bad luck" for so long, statistically it's impossible to get nothing or literally 2 scrolls with 16 toons for 2 - 3 days straight. Last year I walked out with wayyyy more and only 4 - 5 toons, it was nerfed, period.
  • blamecharlesblamecharles Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    rinat114 said:

Personally, I don't believe the devs. Sorry. I was here last year, with less than half the amount of toons I have now and got way more rewards than I do this year. You can only argue "streak of bad luck" for so long, statistically it's impossible to get nothing or literally 2 scrolls with 16 toons for 2 - 3 days straight. Last year I walked out with wayyyy more and only 4 - 5 toons, it was nerfed, period.

Have to agree and not because you are my guild leader, i would say the same thing, my main has opened probably 40 parcels and i have alts that are getting better drops having opened only the 6-7 available so far. Although as another guild member stated i was only really counting on Respec tokens and pres wards my hopes arent smashed but it would be nice to see some of the companions that could drop.
    rinat114 said:

A sample size of about 48 is statistically meaningless.

The simple fact of the matter is: if you aren't paying large sums of money, or botting large sums of accounts, or tabulating provably reliable and unbiased data from large sums of other peoples' accounts, then your experience falls under "statistically meaningless".
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

rinat114 said:

A sample size of about 48 is statistically meaningless.

The simple fact of the matter is: if you aren't paying large sums of money, or botting large sums of accounts, or tabulating provably reliable and unbiased data from large sums of other peoples' accounts, then your experience falls under "statistically meaningless".
    Am I also imagining the spam of "20% off of special companion" coupons out of a supposedly RNG invocation rewards as of late? Naive, very naive.
    rinat114 said:

Am I also imagining the spam of "20% off of special companion" coupons out of a supposedly RNG invocation rewards as of late? Naive, very naive.

I feel like I've gotten like 5 of those in the last few days...