test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Holiday Drow Mercenary Giveaway 12/22!

Comments

• annaofnw#4171 annaofnw Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hm, I have my PC tower to my right!! I would grab the ineffective Windows 10 update and cast it at Tiamat with all the flourish of a seasoned CW player, then I would grab the cute lil Xmas tree on top of the tower and aim it for its head(s), followed by a swift flipflop to the body..*Tiamat DOWN by the smell of an over ripe thong (flip-flop)* GG
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    I have to grab a pack of batteries .... guess i wil have to charge myself up
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• cannonfodder911cannonfodder911 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So, I grabbed the laptop to occupy my mind while on the toilet.....to my right..........................is the bath tub...... this.....................could get interesting!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a Jacuzzi tub so there is the motor and piping t consider, BUT, there being a high probability that the only electricity anywhere nearby will be coming at me from the blue head of Tiamat, I'm thinking the motor has just become a blunt flying object at best... maybe I can fashion a crude walker of sorts out of the plastic piping as it appears that I will be needing one after going up against the Mother of all chromatic dragons with only a bath tub. Now for the tub itself. Perhaps I could hide under it until she leaves and pray she doesn't see me, but other than that and offering to dip her claws into a solution of Palmolive one at a time to make them feel so much smother... I think I'm pretty much screwed here... Had I just read this before entering the bathroom, as I collect swords and shields, I would have been far better prepared sitting in my bed :-)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2015

zebular said:

I grab my kitten, Gandalf the Grey, and scream "Thou Shall Not Pass!" then throw him at Tiamat and run like hell.

Ahh, that's terrible. Poor kitteh.
    It's okay, he'll come back more wiser, with sharper claws and teeth and more powerful than ever as Gandalf the White.

• ricardo1709ricardo1709 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Upon having my bowstring snap, I look to the person on my right and know there's only one option left to kill Tiamat... Throw the halfling. In the end, midget tossing IS the best ranged weapon ^;^

• Upon having my bowstring snap, I look to the person on my right and know there's only one option left to kill Tiamat... Throw the Dwarf. In the end, midget tossing IS the best ranged weapon ^;^

fixed so i can make the obvious joke: "No one tosses a Dwarf!"​​
  • icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    I move my hand slightly to the right and pick up the remote control. I close my eyes, mutter "Corellon preserve us!" and hit the power button....
  • mirraidarmirraidar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    LOL, to my right is my girlfriend. So this one is easy. I tell her that i just saw Tiamat with the exact same dress as her, then sit back and watch the Tiamat beating unfold. Now there is a scary picture. Hairpulling, plates flying at Tiamat like any at-will power and b*tchslapping. Tiamat is a goner. She's crazy I tell u, crazy!

And kids please don't try this at home, not even proffessionals are safe here, speaking from experience...
  • philippeletrivphilippeletriv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    On my right there's chuck norris. So i directly jump in tiamat's maw i have more chance to survive this way
    bring back dungeon now
  • flehstifferflehstiffer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    Seeing as it's 5 am here, and i'm here instead of sleeping, I'll grab my sleeping pills and pray they are more effective on tiamat than myself.
  • michaelrn1982michaelrn1982 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    A hanger and clean clothes, because we know how much pain doing laundry really is.
    Gathornia The Divine

Check out the Shadowknight Build for OP Protection here

[Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (446273) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (514415) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (521299) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (555505) Physical Damage to you with Wand Sweep.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus deals 64883 (648828) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.

• misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    Having only my keyboard to rely on, I'll quickly remember how I used to kill dragons when I played text adventures.

I quickly type:

- Kill dragon
    - With your bare hands?
    - Yes!

With an amazing display of martial arts you kill the dragon

• isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    "Tiamat is 20 feet in front of you. Grab the nearest thing on your right for a weapon."

I have a cup of water! I shall douse tiamat's flames with it! After that I may just toss the cup at her.
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    I'd grab my Katana, skip up her back while singing "Look at my horse, my horse is amazing..." then jab the katana through her ears to make sure it's the last thing she hears. (I also have a bow, but I like my katana better.)
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Well, I have my dachshund named Max sitting next to me this morning...

...so I guess I do what every good hero does when the chips are down and the situation is dire...I grab my wiener and charge!
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • angelusrhoriangelusrhori Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I challenge her to a pillow fight. Because I am currently in bed and the only thing to my right are pillows. I'm a pillow fight champion though, I think I can take her.
  • aettthornaettthorn Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    The closest thing on my right (that isn't my computer) is a stack of old unburnt CDs from the days where I actually used to burn CDs with stuff.

As such, I set several up to act like mirrors that will blind Tiamat's many eyes and maybe give us a nice light show that will distract him. Then I'll make a shield out of some that I hope will act like a Shield of Reflecting. With whatever I have left over, I use them like frisbees and just chuck them into Tiamat in the hope that they do some damage.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Strum.. I know you meant this to be a fun event, but frankly right now, your company has a massive amount of take it on the chin to overcome this morning.

Get the fix on this suspension thing.. ASAP.

its way more important then this fun and frivolity.

• dwarfdurindwarfdurin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    "Tiamat is 20 feet in front of you. Grab the nearest thing on your right for a weapon. What is it and how will you use it?"

Its a machete! Because Machete Kills! Best to use for chopping off giant dragon heads:)
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I don't need a weapon, I can just give Tiamat the flu I caught because certain co-workers can't be bothered to call out sick : |
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • narjimanarjima Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Somehow I knew that spending the Christmas holidays at home would be stressful. But I didn't expect this! I just finished wrapping a large box of swiss chocolate pralinès for my in-laws to-be when suddenly ROOOOAR Tiamat appeares right behind my desk. After a short moment of shock I hear a faint voice calling "She's weakened, strike now!" and instinct takes over. Quickly I rip the paper from the box of chocolate. Of course there is a plastic foil around it and while i still struggle to get that stupid thing off, Tiamat unleashes her fiery breath. I am barely able to get the chocolate out of harms way and yell "This is not fondue!" at the dragon. Her short heasitation upon my words is all I need to finally open the box. In this moment I know I have won the fight. No one, not even a 5-headed dragon can resist swiss chocolate! With all my strength I throw the first piece at her and she catches, swallows, and you see the fire slowly calming down. I throw the next piece, the next, and after half the box I tell her "Sit!". Obediently, she sits down and waits for more. I give her more and then, when the box is nearly empty and I already start to think that dragons might be immune to the effect.... sugar shock! Tiamat is defeated. Now I just need to find a new present for my in-laws...
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    I look immediately to my right!! --All I see it is a roller-skate wearing baby jesus figurine dressed in star spangled hot pants! ((WTH??!)) I snatch up the figurine, give a close up look and chant to it to "kick some HAMSTER!!", then give it a hurling roll towards White! One by one, like greased lighting, baby jesus in his hot pants skated them into oblivion! XD
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • npstalonnpstalon Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    The killer rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Tiamat alone would taunt it into action. I wouldn't need to throw it because as we all saw it can fly!
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    A bottle of water. That should put out the red head's fire!
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2015

Strum.. I know you meant this to be a fun event, but frankly right now, your company has a massive amount of take it on the chin to overcome this morning.

Get the fix on this suspension thing.. ASAP.

its way more important then this fun and frivolity.

We've taken care of the issue.

This thread was created way before everything went down though, so I was in no way trying to have fun during the whole situation. If it came across that way, I apologize. In fact, I need to delay the winners by an hour or two due to us needing to handle the Starlight Parcel issue.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• klzfcklzfc Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I grab my backup keyboard and hand it to Tiamat and show her how to create a new account and character to play until she has to fight herself in the game.
  • tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    For something like Tiamat you need something extra potent and "Over the Top!" which causes me to immediately reach to my Runic Cage of Holding and pull out my companion "Kilo the Flying Beast of Terror" and hail the beast into whichever maw eats her... as Kilo tears apart Tiamat from the inside I look on in horror of the sight before me. Never in all my years have I heard such thunderous howls of death and defeat.

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

In fact, I need to delay the winners by an hour or two due to us needing to handle the Starlight Parcel issue.

It's cool Andy take your time with it, focus on the issue at hand.

I can wait to get my Mercenary... ;)

va8Ru.gif
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    zebular said:

zebular said:

I grab my kitten, Gandalf the Grey, and scream "Thou Shall Not Pass!" then throw him at Tiamat and run like hell.

Ahh, that's terrible. Poor kitteh.
    It's okay, he'll come back more wiser, with sharper claws and teeth and more powerful than ever as Gandalf the White.

Well-played.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Drawing winners now!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

This discussion has been closed.