test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costing Re-visited, Thanks for the work, list is shorter, but you are failing in some areas still.

silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
edited December 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
A. Stronghold costing, its not just "direct" contributions, though many of us have put in hundreds of thousands if not more in direct AD alone. Fine when we printed our own money.. not so great now. BUT the real kicker here is the hidden costing on items. This week alone and thanks to me farming edemo a few dozen times, I donated 21 epic rings to our guild coffer (and im not anywhere near alone, heck there could be poeple who did 40 of them.. IDK really) This is a loss to me of 138.6k in AD salvage return with my vip salvage return. the cost of the original epics is much smaller, but still.. we are talking about a loss of 4-500k in salvage probably to me alone to help the guild along. AGAIN this was all fine, when we printed our own money, but with the removal of leadership, this sort of loss of million dollars in AD in a couple months time is a little high. I would still like a reduction in costing of TOTAL items that are our source of progress in game now. Lets work on this a little. For this loss of 138k in AD.. I gifted the guild with ONLY 17640 in salvage points! Thats ridiculous.. LOWER the total NEEDED amount of salvage, so we all can spread this around a little more. (either that or GIVE way more for thew new rings, like double or triple points of the regular t2 gear) . Gems is my last concern in strongholds, with LESS ad then ever, just plopping and donating 50-60k in stacks, is a little harsh as well. This will help ALL guilds at ALL levels achieve a faster rate of markets and move forward a little better. PLEASE understand, Im not claiming to be special here.. Ive commented many times, Im just a average giver.. I saw officers this week, plop in 500k in direct AD when the request when out for AD donations. They are generous super awesome people in the game! But the issue here is overall the costing is a little steep across the board still with these items. Salvage is a SUPER huge part of our AD creation now. YOU MADE this system up when we HAD leadership and you have NOT adjusted it AT ALL since you removed it. this is not OK.

Even though I believe a general re-costing of other stronghold items might be needed,they are not directly related to AD loss, so I will not comment on them

B. You are still charging way too much for profession items, for things that clearly should be a 50% reduction considering our loss of AD, like making the rings and pants and shirts, please fine tune this.

C. Transmute costing, this shouldn't be in the game at all.. zero zip, nada. Its really bad for your game, I mean extremely bad that people cant just transmute whatever they want to make unique combinations any time they want. You simply do not understand players at all. Again, it was understandable when we had the AD resources to blow a few 100 k to make a unique character.. not so happy about it now.

D. Why are you still charging for boons, MANY of us have directly commented on this, this is a no brain-er.. a NEW player has the LEAST amount of resources and you shouldn't hamper their progression in this manner, or they can go frustrated and quit. When I rolled my paladin, I tried not to give it much in terms of resources, I finally gave up around 1.8k .. (was trying to get to 2) but it was so darn boring I gave up and finally started shifting stuff to it to get it progressed quicker.

ALLOW them to save their ad for toon progression. This few hundred k in boon costs, would be much better spent on buying a weapon enchant.

Please do a final pass through of this and fix the last few issues we have so we can just leave this behind us and move forward.

E. Artifact powers, are too cost prohibitive, CHANGE it to 1 cube needed for EVERY power to open , OR make it so you can choose which ones you want to open instead. ITs crazy the costing you have on this.. 2-3 toons can = 1 million in AD to open up powers.. NOT good.

Im still a little weary that after all this time, these were just NOT Implemented the first patch after leadership removal.

Thank you,
Post edited by silverkelt on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

YOU MADE this system up when we HAD leadership and you have NOT adjusted it AT ALL since you removed it. this is not OK.

I agree with the whole post, but want to emphasize this the most. Stronghold costs were established before y'all realized how much Leadership AD was pouring into the game and cut off the flow. It is not fair to your players to leave it this way.

As has been proposed many times and been given the "that is an interesting idea; we will think about it" treatment, putting AD vouchers into Leadership tasks where AD was removed would not contribute to ruining the economy, because goldsellers don't need a Stronghold, but would help players enormously, and help restore some of the original value of the profession itself. While SH vouchers from professions wouldn't benefit the individual player so much directly, it would be a group-oriented reward, something a good LEADER might strive for.

Adding more sources of useful vouchers in general is good. We're feeling very positive about the ones from the Builder's Simril daily, because they're providing needed resources in a nice chunk for the time invested. Once I get my Underdark campaign fully unlocked, I will be processing ichor into vouchers as well (this also ties into what @silverkelt mentions about having to sacrifice resources you could use to make AD for yourself in order to benefit the Stronghold).

The voucher for 1 AD chest from the couple of stronghold missions that give them? Kind of a sick joke, to be honest, when you consider how pathetic that increment of 1 is compared to how much you actually need for a single upgrade.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    remove reinforcement ad prices is first priority for me,
    then reduce amount of surplus items needed for stronghold
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    oh and for the love everything.. the artifact pricing to open up powers.

PLEASE have mercy on us for that, its way to cost prohibitive (simple solution, just make it cost one CUBE of augmentation to open up a power.. Please!
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    My 2 biggest gripes about costs atm are transmuting (why oh why didn't you lower the prices when you introduced the new view appearance tab?) and unlocking powers on artifact weapons. I'm still running around with HAMSTER powers on my MH and OH coz I ain't trusting RNG to give me the power I want until I have unlocked all but the last one. Really terrible game design, even when we had AD up to our eyeballs. At least remove the randomness from unlocking powers if you feel the pricing of Cubes of Augmentation need to be adjusted.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    Not much more to say, other than that I agree w/ what's been said thus far. I'd prob add reducing companion upgrade costs (at least for the lower qualities) a bit more. The reduction they did there was nice, but not really enough, imo. Maybe if we only had 2-3 active companion slots max, or they were BtA, I'd be okay w/ the higher cost on upgrades, but as is they're still too pricey for upgrading 5 per character.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I would agree with taht as well. they didnt go far enough (go figure dont listen to feedback much anyways)

Going to BLUE should be el cheapo.. like 20k max cost to that point.
  • tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    What did it take for Cryptic to finally change it to gold vs. AD to unequip socketed enchants? I quit this game before they made that change and I remember how crazy that was and that was one of the main reasons I quit in the first place when that existed.

What is it going to take for changes the players really want?

Have you considered even putting some of the requests as VIP perks? Nothing requested here is economy changing by any means...

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    The leadership AD voucher idea is good... gets a +1 from me, and like so many other good ideas it will probably be totally forgotten.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

oh and for the love everything.. the artifact pricing to open up powers.

PLEASE have mercy on us for that, its way to cost prohibitive (simple solution, just make it cost one CUBE of augmentation to open up a power.. Please!

Add this on to the list as item E. and I plus one the whole thing.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I'm just suggesting that the Devs should start playing some old "Real Time Strategy" games to see how you build something up from the ground, and then adjust the "ground level" of the guild Stronghold costs to that.

As mentioned before, you start with a lumbermill, that you build with resources you get from HEs on the Stronghold map, so far so good.
    So the next building in line, for example the farm should only require wood/gold/AD and perhaps a few workers, you would rescue from the enemies on the Stronghold map.
    The same with any following resource structure, for example the quarry should only require food/wood/gold/AD and as mentioned before more workers.
    And so on...
    The costs for upgrading could then rise more reasonable with the ranking up of those structures you have build too.
    Btw. i still don't understand why we can rescue workers all around the Stronghold map, but they don't count towards anything, or are of any use for our Stronghold...

Anyway, i think you get the idea here.

In the end, everyone should be able to build up a "low ranking" Stronghold just for fun... and some low boons of course.
    And any "high ranking" Stronghold would still require a lot of work and of course "manpower" to achieve.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Those are some fairly good points:
    • Stronghold Costs: Really do need a revision - it's a 5mil+ AD pop for EACH rank 7 boon, NOT counting the influence, surplus and what not. A note on donating purple rings: Do eToS for the purples since they salvage for 3-5k RAD instead of 6k RAD of the edemo rings. I keep the edemo ones and throw them to an alt for maxing out the RAD cap. With a FULL guild run of eToS which is fairly doable and the fastest T2, you get a bunch of epics for the coffer.
    • Professions (minus masterworks): On the other hand, is quite reasonable in my opinion. It's not too steep to get some eggs during tymora (25kish) and UE which is even cheaper if you make them albeit time consuming (12D approx no purple). And you wear them for the rest of half year or more.
    • Transmutes: YES! Whole agreement on it.. I lost count of how many times I've postponed transmuting because it'll cost me 200k for whole set. Prior to this, there's rumors that they are revising it but it seems that it wasn't implemented. I wouldn't ask for total elimination but halfing it would be a good start.
    These needed to be revised too as you stated:
    • Artifact MH and OH Powers
    • Boons
    The most immediate concern is SH costs still, especially for smaller guilds. Even big ones are finding it tedious.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    +1 on the transmute costs. 50k is still pretty damn high in the post leadership NWO.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    The fix, IMO, would be quite easy - drastically increase the drop rate of the various SH-related vouchers from enemies defeated on the Stronhold map...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

On the other hand, is quite reasonable in my opinion. It's not too steep to get some eggs during tymora (25kish) and UE which is even cheaper if you make them albeit time consuming (12D approx no purple). And you wear them for the rest of half year or more.

You do recall that in addition to eggs and ue's there's a straight up 100K AD FEE for making a reinforcement kit. That's 400 K additional AD for a suit of armor. Another 300K AD if you want to make reinforcement for jewelry, and some of us have more than one set of armor. I didn't invent the idiotic PVP Tenacity suits.