test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Human Bot

2»

Comments

• tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I think that the latest design of repeating simple content that the last couple modules have used was an easier approach for a developer to complete. Unfortunately Cryptic has developed themselves into a corner using this methodology because now that it is implemented... it is a little hard to fix and we are stuck with that design decision.

The issue is that where most of this repeat content is placed is in the common quest areas like Dread Ring and IWP, DV, and next you know those zones get seriously laggy from all the constant action hammering the server(s.)

If they would take more time to make content that led to entering "instances" (dungeons or even HEs/Skirmishes) vs. right there where people are trying to quest in the same instance... this would lead to less lag in the zones and provide more options going forward.

The easier DEV path has led to poor performance in the end-game zones.

My suggestion is that they work a little harder on real Dungeons and Dragons type of content that does not hammer the outside quest areas that we all share.

We don't mind waiting for content when it's delivered as real new content... Like NEW areas. Not HEs slammed all over existing ones.

Thanks.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    This morning, I found myself Humanbotting again. Again. Again.

This time, at the winter festival. I logged in, and appeared in the Winter Festival. I traveled back to the Stronghold, got my daily Winterfest Builder quest, professioned and invoked. Then switched characters. And repeated this seven more times.

When I got back to my first character, I traveled to the Winter Festival. There, I talked to the Mayor and the gift chick. I looked through the telescope, then talked to the Astronomer. I then recruited all the refugees, professioned, then invoked.

Repeat seven more times.

Back to my first character. Traveled to the Stronghold, and turned in the Builder quest. Went to the SH coffer and turned in whatever I could. I emailed myself various things (like "shiny lures"), and dumped whatever into the Guild Bank. Professioned. Invoked. Got the gift from the Zen market. Opened my fortune cookie from the Astronomer.

Repeat seven more times.

This is a perfect example of the continuous, and boring, repetitive grind in this game. There is literally no difference between the Summer Festival and Winter Festival, just location and weather conditions.

*shrug*
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    And adding insult to injury, load times are exceeding 2 minutes for me...

I love this game, and how the dev team is slowly turning it around to improve QoL for players, but taking a good long look at streamlining data packets would be a good thing... as would employing more new and better content.

I do hope that they take the time to FIX the Foundry. Let we, the players, do their job for them. That is where the cash cow is.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2015

BTW we still have some costing issues, like opening up powers on artifact weapons. Those are ridiculous.. beyond reason, as is transmuting costs.. No costs should be associated with that part of the game at all.. people want to build unique looks and it shouldn't hamper game progression to do so.

I agree. After I got my water artifact weapons I had to spent almost 500000 AD to get the powers I wanted them to have (with reduced VIP prices).

This is ridiculous.
    I feel your pain. It took "every" unlock available for me to finally get the Aura of Wisdom buff on my pally shield. Hence why I dont give a flying SH@#$ about the new artifacts. I'm going to skip this generation. Not doing the motes and not grinding eDomo. Took long enough to get to 3.7K and so much grinding.

• zachwhozachwho Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    One thing that really bothers me, playing both this and table top, is the lack of flavor in magical items.

Just the other day my table top group had a random magical item drop, an alchemist jug. I caught myself wondering how this item could be implemented in game. Basically it's just a jug with several different spouts. Each plugged with a cork, and each producing a different liquid when poured. Now that would be easy to implement in game, have it be able to produce any of the current potions that drop all the time. You could access the types in a similar way to managing artifact powers (they should all be unlocked when you get it) and you pick which potion you want it produce. Make it tool bar available, and there you go, simple,easy, unique magical items in game.

With such a vast world that is D&D, this game is very much not!
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User

I agree. After I got my water artifact weapons I had to spent almost 500000 AD to get the powers I wanted them to have (with reduced VIP prices).

This is ridiculous.

How? Why did you have to spend so many ADs?
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    blinxon said:

This is ridiculous.

How? Why did you have to spend so many ADs?
    He had terrible rolls when using cubes of augmentation? Can't imagine any other reason.

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    gawd, I plopped down 200k on my wizzy and still dont have 1 of the 2 powers for my offhand I can live with.

(chilling or storm spell) the rest are more or less garbage. I would prefer storm spell.. but I could live with chilling damage until later.