test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sentinel GWF

blackninja48blackninja48 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
Any GWF pvp vets running a viable Sentinel build? I'm thinking of respecing my GWF alt to try it out but don't wanna waste the zen if it's not viable

Comments

• zwergenschubserzwergenschubser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    don't do it but if u will test it only on preview server then. scale agility and powerful challange are nice, maybe countless scars too. don't waste any more points.
    [Mitteilung] Von [Brienne von Tarth]: ach du bist der klugscheißer aus dem forum, wird ja immer schöner xD
    [Mitteilung] an [Brienne von Tarth]: ja genau der bin ich
    [Systemmeldung] Brienne von Tarth ignoriert Sie.
    [Mitteilung] an [mich selbst]: pvp ist schon geil
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Either level and alt in your Stronghold use the exp boon and azures and do the heroics have someone help you its very quick plus 2x exp today. :3 or you could get a respect coin from the winter fest.
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    sentinel GWF can work, but cannot be optimum as destroyer at the current state of the game.
    although the unstoppable gives you increased DR, you build your determination as lot slower, and you deal substantially less damage.

I would say that destroyer right now is even more tanky than a sentinel because you build up unstoppable faster and the damage buffs affect how much temporary hit points you get from unstoppable. Plus you can get some of the good tanky feats from sentinel just by going destroyer.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • blackninja48blackninja48 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Appreciate the feedback guys. By chance are there any sentinel GWFs out there that care to comment?

Appreciate the feedback guys. By chance are there any sentinel GWFs out there that care to comment?

I was sentinel in the beginning of mod 6. Like I said, it performed OK. It worked pretty good against HRs, but I didn't have enough DPS to burst things down as I can as destroyer. On the end game, with people running feytouchs and negations, you may have trouble to kill stuff even running destroyer, imagine as sentinel. Also at the end game, destroyer itself is a lot tanky too. I am super tanky for example, and I find it difficulty to find stuff that can kill me 1 v 1 fast. That includes TRs (by the way, your unstoppable from sentinel doesn;t help vs trs, another reason to go destroyer)(.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    azuosed89 said:

I was sentinel in the beginning of mod 6. Like I said, it performed OK. It worked pretty good against HRs, but I didn't have enough DPS to burst things down as I can as destroyer. On the end game, with people running feytouchs and negations, you may have trouble to kill stuff even running destroyer, imagine as sentinel. Also at the end game, destroyer itself is a lot tanky too. I am super tanky for example, and I find it difficulty to find stuff that can kill me 1 v 1 fast. That includes TRs (by the way, your unstoppable from sentinel doesn;t help vs trs, another reason to go destroyer)(.
    i can verified that as i was going against khan of denial yesterday, think he is a destroyer build gwf and took me a good 3 to 5 min trying to kill him and it was 3 vs 1 too, even my 3 dailies i use against him in 1 min doesn't kill him that shows how awesome destroyer build is.

Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • lailastarkiss#1294 lailastarkiss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Sentinal GWF is viable, just not many even attempt it on xbox cause the fanboy train on guides.
  • dreadkissdreadkiss Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    feel free to try it ill fight you
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    STREAMING NEVERWINTER DAILY 7:00PM -2:00AM TWITCH ID: MHHAVOC
    LOVE TAKING CHALLENGES COME FIND ME IN I.W.D.

Sentinal GWF is viable, just not many even attempt it on xbox cause the fanboy train on guides.

it is viable. now, just because some people used destroyer doesn't mean the rest is garbage. I for example used destroyer since mod 3, mod 5, mod 6, and mod 7 now. and believed me I tried. It is viable, but the little higher DR from unstoppable and remaining feats doesn't overcome the damage output and unstoppable rate of a destroyer IMO. Like, some 1 v 1 between two skilled destroyers sometimes take forever to kill each other, we have so much healing from LS, wheels, etc. how do you expect kill someone with a sentinel setup? I risk to say that you won't have enough burst damage to kill any skilled classes out there...

I can see it working fine in low - mid level competition, but i don't think at the end game it has the DPS to kill people running trans negations, trans feytouchs, wheels, high LS,e etc. but would love to see if someone can make something good out of it!
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • l1yevl1yev Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I was sentinel build in mod5 and I had him tank in PVE, he actually had better survivability than destroyer, I dunno about instigator, I never saw any builds or discussions online about them or see any instigators out there, but since mod 6 dropped I'm building my ol' gwf instigator now tho, just to break free of all the desroyer cookie cutter builds/stigma.

I had him run a loooot of life steal and a perfect lifedrinker then.

The respect tokens arnt too pricey tho, the winter festival drops 'em like candy too.

I'm wanting to build an instigator partial sentinel build or the other way around, both n try 'em.

I had someone outright tell me no on the instigator build for pve cuz that build requires you take hits to do like 50-60% more dmg, and he's like ur just gonna die, but I'm going for it anyways, I'll throw more life steal at him n get in groups with tanks.

Oh gawd I respecced that sentinel like 5 times n he still had cr_p dmg, I had to Do a couple feats in destroyer and use the feat that has marking do more dmg for u..... I liked his tankyness n his speed, never did get his dmg up tho, at least not much. I built him with speed and life steal in mind, in PVP I'd go one on one with someone n they give up n run off I'd run off after them (this was b4 I realised a long time ago the point of domination was capping not chasing n killing peeps) and I ran so fast I ran past them frequently and had to run back c: well silly me, still amusing while it lasted xD

I was in a group with a gwf back in mod5 that was sentinel then n we were doing ETOS n he basically ran off ahead of us n soloed everything tho, bosses included, he died once. He said he was gonna give me his build he never did xD

I know it sounds strange but try vanguard n not swordmaster for a sentinel build, it has more stuns prones n controls than swordmaster.

All the gwf's that put my bum in a sling were the ones usin frontline surge at least followed by a few other stun attks that's in the vanguard paragon.... They're just like those gf's doing bull charge n stuff xD gawd getting bullcharged :c
  • blackninja48blackninja48 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Thanks for all the feedback guys/gals. Appreciate it