test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gift parties, should I give more than one gift?

stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
edited December 2015 in PvE Discussion
Seems like having a gift is more like an entry fee to join a gift group. Best to just give one gift, leave and find another party? I was just in a group and gave two. There were 4 people and I only received 2 gifts it seemed. Someone might have been leaching, or do you only receive the amount you give? Anyway, new to this and not sure I understand it fully. Does the more gifts you give increase the chances of getting better rewards? I doubt it, but thought I'd ask.

Comments

• Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    The more gifts you open, the higher-tier rewards you can get. I forget if you max out after 10 or 20 gifts opened -- at that level you can get epic companions, the Doohickey, Forgehammer of Gond artifact, etc.

It is quite possible that people were leeching in your group, although when someone uses a Gift of Simril, only lights and lumens are guaranteed to drop; you will not always get a Starlight Bag (which is what you open to get companions, etc.).
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    ...later on you'll find the zone chat spammed with "plz inv GP 12" etc.

It would be considered fair to open the same amount, but unless you want to spend your spare time hours bickering and counting, just accept that some people don't care for "fair". Same as with everything else in here: If you insist on a perfectly balanced give/take, party only with friends and guildies - and even there you might get surprised if you keep accurate count of their floaties...
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I only join gift parties with guild members.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

With the drop rate of bags so low this year, it is best to save all your gifts til the last day of the event.

Why?
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    We keep it in the guild. Granted I used 8 and everyone else had 2 to 4​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

Because you will have ~20 gifts from the free daily parcels, so maybe you will have a chance to give a starlight bag to someone. With one gift the chances are pretty much non-existent.

The chances on each bag are exactly the same regardless. One a day for 20 days instead of 20 all at once gives out exactly the same number of bags on average.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Unfortunately..

There is always people out there who will mooch forever.. they know there is no prepossessions so , who cares if they lie.. the worst that will happen is a few dozen people will know and not invite them about. They can always log and come back later and do it again.

Doing it with a group of friends or guild members is the safest way.

and yesssss.. these people are out every year, diong the same thing.

I too will save all of mine for the end.

If you end up only getting someone with 12 to your 20.. oh well..

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Well, the Devs could change something here:
    Gift of Simril given to other players could give the player up to 4 (= full group) tokens in return.
    Those tokens are needed to get a bag with "Seasonal Event Rewards", "Call-to-Arms Rewards" or "Highly-Sought-After Rewards".
    The more gifts you share, the more tokens you get... problem solved.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited December 2015

The more gifts you open, the higher-tier rewards you can get. I forget if you max out after 10 or 20 gifts opened -- at that level you can get epic companions, the Doohickey, Forgehammer of Gond artifact, etc.

Actually, that's not correct. The number of gifts you open has no affect on the reward tier you receive. The gift tier relates to the contents of each Starlight Parcel you open, not each Gift of Simril. The possible content improves after 5, 10, 15 and 20 Parcels. For a full breakdown of each tier, speak to the Starlight Giftmaster.

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

This again.. Every year the same thing. It's a gift GIVING thing. Not gift receiving.

It's a video game event who cares what they call it ...

No one is participating in this event to give other people a gift. They're participating for the rewards and are forced into this awkward situation where they could get shafted because someone decides to not reciprocate.

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Give as many as you want to, I generally just give them away to friends as I get them, because why not.
  • Options
    stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User

This again.. Every year the same thing. It's a gift GIVING thing. Not gift receiving.

In order to give there has to be a receiver. It's both.
  • Options
    mlcxsmlcxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    keep it betwen your guild and friends...

with guid or friends idc if i open 5 and they 2.. got more alts then my friends and its xmas so if they get anything good ill be happy... random gift parties is not for me...