test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need alittle advice from my brothers and sisters in arms

valesiavalesia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
edited December 2015 in The Citadel
So this is neverwinter and here you solo allot.. but I am getting close to the end of my solo path so, this is what I could use some advice on . Current gear score ( what ever its call now is about 2.3k btw )
  1. Where the heck do you figure out how to tank.. Doesn’t work like most games I have discovered
  2. What do group expect a tank to be able to accomplish to be considered a “good tank”
  3. IS there some way to post an armory link with all your skills / gear etc in it ?

Kinda feel like its time to start end game type stuff but don’t really know how and rather learn first without just HAMSTER-ing people off learning.

Comments

• Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I noticed no one responded to your post- I'd like to offer what little help I can give.

I was nurtured in tanking by some experienced Guardian Fighters in my guild when I started learning how to tank with an OP. I'm not saying I'm the best at it- or that it works the same way but placement in a party can make a big difference on how smooth the dungeon goes. Playing solo is very different than playing in a party of 5. Neverwinter is the only MMO I've ever really played so- I'm not sure how it works in other games you may have played.

Tanks in general are the protectors of the party. They take hits so others can fulfill their role and give the party some manner of damage mitigation if they do get hit. I played a DC for a couple years before I made my OP tank and I spent alot of time watching what tanks did, following them around right on their tail 90% of the time. Sometimes when you're just starting out it's helpful to double tank instances so you can watch what someone else does and learn- it was easier for me to do that because I learn by watching. In most dungeons in the game right now Tanks generally are right up in the bosses face most of the time. It wasn't always the case. If your party is protected and the monsters are hitting you instead of them you're doing your job. Generally in a boss fight you hold the bosses attention and try to keep it still so that your party can kill it effectively without having to worry about it turning around an focusing on them. This is of course situational.

I'm not sure about an armory link but you can certainly take screenshots of your gear. There is a neverwinter calculator that you might find useful to look at. nwcalc.com This is useful when planning or looking at feats.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Take the time to read this guide and this one.

The basics of Paladin tanking are pretty simple; Bubble up, Templar's because it has high AP gain, TAB to get agro, and then Burning Light, and either Smite or Binding Oath. Keeping Bubble up is basically the key to doing your job as a tank as an OP, as long as it is up everyone is staying alive no matter what happens with the agro.

OP agro is not as 'hard' as a GF's, but once you get geared up you will find that hitting Tab once is enough to pull a lot of agro, especially combined with our AoE powers.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    neopreenneopreen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    another rotation can be:
    Divine Protector - Binding Oath - Templar´s Wrath - Burning Light

1. Bubble up
    2. Absorb damage, stay at 100% HP (important when using an Earth Archon) and boost your power (self- and groupbuff (when using Aura Gifts))
    3. Get temporary HP to stay at 100% HP
    4. Damage - Burning Light does NOT proc weapon enchants but procs Aura of Courage damage!!!

I swap out the Burning Light for Bane during boss fights (30% dmg boost to everyone and 30% dmg debuff - not necessary to put in 4 PPs)
  • Options
    jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Lead the charge, draw aggro and dont die. OPs have the added benefit of Binding Oath and Bubble time. GWFs will drive you crazy because they love to run in all crazy like.