test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

terrible texture issues

cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
for the last few days, I've been experiencing horrendous issues with textures appearing to be missing, or reloading continuously.

this is an example of what I'm experiencing on an annoyingly regular basis.

hitting the escape key repeatedly seems to speed up the textures reloading, but it's only a temporary fix as they soon disappear again when I move to a new area.

I did have a similar issue a good while ago, but at some point, it resolved itself.

anyone else have this happening at the moment, or know of a fix, because it's turning me off from playing.

for reference, by GPU is a GTX 980ti, with driver version up to date.
Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Most people who have this issue are running Nvidia cards. It's been like this for a long time. Other than the Escape key trick (which doesn't work well in combat), don't think there is a fix. I turn my graphics down to "Minimal" for eDemo runs so 75% of the screen isn't constantly white or red. So NVIDIA: The Way It's NOT Meant to be Played
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User

for the last few days, I've been experiencing horrendous issues with textures appearing to be missing, or reloading continuously.

hitting the escape key repeatedly seems to speed up the textures reloading, but it's only a temporary fix as they soon disappear again when I move to a new area.

I did have a similar issue a good while ago, but at some point, it resolved itself.

anyone else have this happening at the moment, or know of a fix, because it's turning me off from playing.

I never saw this ever until just recently. During the last few Tiamat fights I get that exact same crazy looking textures coming from something near me as the group fights one of Tiamats heads. At first I thought maybe my GFX card was dying. But it only happens once in a while, and so far only fighting the head. It's strange.
  • cl1mh4224rdcl1mh4224rd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    I have this happen, too. I have a GTX 460. It was happening a lot a couple months ago and I eventually figured out what my problem was.

Under the Advanced tab in Options, there's a "Video memory management" dropdown. Mine was somehow set to 128MB when I actually have 1024MB on this video card. I set it to Auto and the problem almost completely went away. It still happens now and then, but much less frequently.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Lower your textures and it will completely go away. I too have a high end NVIDIA Card.
    Post edited by niadan on
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    kurtb88 said:

I never saw this ever until just recently. During the last few Tiamat fights I get that exact same crazy looking textures coming from something near me as the group fights one of Tiamats heads. At first I thought maybe my GFX card was dying. But it only happens once in a while, and so far only fighting the head. It's strange.
    it's only just started for me recently as well.

the last time I experienced it, I had an AMD 7970, but I upgraded about 6 weeks ago. it was nowhere near as bad as this though.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
    edited December 2015

It never happened to me in the last two years until now. I never changed my system, so something changed in-game, or for some reason it's the latest nvidia driver?

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Also happens to me with Nvidia card since most recent proper patch. But then NW has always had issues with Nvidia.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Never had any graphic issues with the game, played since beta, that like a month ago this craziness started.
    I see exactly she same HAMSTER as the OP.

Lowering texture detail seem to work but that's NOT what we should be doing to be able to play.

So I urge the game handlers to take a hard look at it as it's definitely NOT the thing on our side. It may be Nvidia drivers but that should be known and confirmed with the game QA team. Anyone? no?
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
    kemi1984 said:

but that should be known and confirmed with the game QA team.

Lol, like girls and outside, the Q&A team is just another myth :p
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    This happened a lot to me until I upgraded my memory to 16 Gb, never afterwards

This happened a lot to me until I upgraded my memory to 16 Gb, never afterwards

i have had 16 gb for two years
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

kemi1984 said:

but that should be known and confirmed with the game QA team.

Lol, like girls and outside, the Q&A team is just another myth :p
    Somehow I expected this kind of comment :p
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • olegius88olegius88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    "/reduce_mip 1" might help you
    Mainclass: DC
    Mainchar: Mr. Shu
    :cool:
    niadan said:

Lower your textures and it will completely go away. I too have a high end NVIDIA Card.

What do you mean when you say 'lower textures'? There isn't such an option that I can see.
    Our pain is self chosen.

olegius88 said:

"/reduce_mip 1" might help you

"/reduce_mip 1" does nothing to resolve this issue for me.
    Our pain is self chosen.

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    When in game hit escape>options>advanced lower bloom intensity, world texture, and character texture to 50%
    niadan said:

When in game hit escape>options>advanced lower bloom intensity, world texture, and character texture to 50%

Awesome, will try this thanks!
    Our pain is self chosen.

• subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    It's a bug that's been around for ages - at least a year - that is worked around by lowing the world/character texture settings as above. It doesn't actually decrease quality as far as I can tell.

One problem is that nvidia experience will automatically set this high (triggering the problem) if you have a half decent graphics card.