test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Artifact of union, stability, or power...where do they drop?

rhadamathysrhadamathys Member Posts: 310 Arc User
Been running a lot of skirmishes, dungeons, etc and am not finding them...any suggestions on the easiest way to come by them besides ah? I'm looking for feeders, don't really care what they do...
Ney - HR (max item level)
The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
PvE and PvP - Pathfinder Combat

Comments

• Options
    nwbeast#4980 nwbeast Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I have never seen any artifact, aside from the Horn, drop from anything other then lockboxes. But according to the wiki: neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact there are other ways to get some of the other artifacts. Of course the odds of getting them to drop are slim to none
  • Options
    carmykahcarmykah Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Shores I've seen one in chest
  • Options
    cobrasnipe32cobrasnipe32 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I got a lantern once from the end chest of ETOS.
  • Options
    bagoatbagoat Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    Eye of Lathander (union) drops in Dread Ring lairs with an adamantine or star gauntlet.
    JUST BE SURE TO PRESS X to get it.
    PRESS 'X' IF IT SHOWS EYE OF LATHANDER ARTIFACT.
    Did I stress that enough? There is a glitch and it won't show what buttons to press for anything and anything but PRESSing X will make it disappear.
    PRESS X.
    For Eye of Lathander PRESS X.
    Point made.
    o/ :#
  • Options
    namebrandnamebrand Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I nabbed a lantern out of the reward chest in a skirmish once. I forget the name of it, but it was in the lvl 50-60 range, the one in the snow with the frost giant end boss.
  • Options
    blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    I got the Catalogue from T2 dungeon run. Seen artifacts in chest in Shores also. They drop in just about any chest, but rarely.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Or as a couple of our new additions found out after Joining the Guild a guildy might give them to you :)

One of the newbies got a symbol of water off me yesterday :)

There are some good guilds out there that will help you rank up :)
  • Options
    nwbeast#4980 nwbeast Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact

All the info you need is there.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    On different occasions, 3 of my guildies and I have gotten green Catalogues from regular ToS, always at the 1st boss (the one by the bridge.

Rare, to be sure, but a good reason to at least check all those green drops when running through for the quick daily ad. :)
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Have picked up a Beholder artifact from Kessels. All of these artifact drops are few and far between. Lucky when you get them, it does not make sense to set your sights on one specific one unless you are going to run it 100-200 times. Been playing the game for over a year and never gotten an Eye of Lathander, for instance.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    If you need the artifact so you can refine it into another artifact during 2x RP, Bruenor's Helm (despite being a quest drop) can be refined into other artifacts. That's about all it's good for on DPS classes anyways.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    urabask said:

If you need the artifact so you can refine it into another artifact during 2x RP, Bruenor's Helm (despite being a quest drop) can be refined into other artifacts. That's about all it's good for on DPS classes anyways.

+1 It's a Stability, I believe. I know it fed another artifact for me.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    urabask said:

For the newer players:

...before you do that with any artifact YOU don't need - look up in the Auction House how much AD you might get for it. If it's unbound.
  • Options

urabask said:

For the newer players:

...before you do that with any artifact YOU don't need - look up in the Auction House how much AD you might get for it. If it's unbound.
    You can't sell it because it's BoC ...
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    urabask said:

urabask said:

For the newer players:

You can't sell it because it's BoC ...
    I angled more at artifacts in general, and what things people can do with them not knowing about their value... ...and many drop BoE.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    You can get the Rod of Imperial Restraint from either the dragon in Whispering Caverns or Rothe Valley. I have gotten two over the time.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

You can get the Rod of Imperial Restraint from either the dragon in Whispering Caverns or Rothe Valley. I have gotten two over the time.

It sells for more than it would be worth refining it into an artifact and it's not worth using as anything but a stat stick because the set bonus is bad.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Not forgetting that you can get Tiamat's Orb of Tiamat from ..er.. Tiamat. My CW recently got one as a regular winning drop and one from the Dragon Queen's Chest after a win a couple of days later. However, like all the rest they are quite rare normally. These are the first two I have come up with after just over a year of playing. I should also mention that my CW seems to be quite lucky with such things. In spite of only being around since the last Summer Festival, he's now found those two orbs, three Eyes of Lathander and at least half a dozen Young Yeti's. Heck, he's even snagged a Lightfoot Thief from the SCA Epic Dungeons !!!
  • Options
    adriaen666adriaen666 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Got the Waters from Blacklake skirmish. Level 10, I suppose.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Do you mean the greater marks? Union from pf on frydays, stability from DF on Wednesdays and power from DS on tuesdays.

• Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User

I have never seen any artifact, aside from the Horn, drop from anything other then lockboxes. But according to the wiki: neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact there are other ways to get some of the other artifacts. Of course the odds of getting them to drop are slim to none

To see where each Artifact "drops" open the campaign window, click bottom left View Zone Rewards, click Artifacts, hover mouse over each Artifact and read the tool-tip description, it should say at the bottom where it comes from. Example: Waters of Elrazad says it comes from a quest.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited December 2015

Do you mean the greater marks? Union from pf on frydays, stability from DF on Wednesdays and power from DS on tuesdays.

No, he does not. Also, no, those greater mark may not drop on those days. The tips has been wrong for a long time.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

No, he does not. Also, no, those greater mark may not drop on those days. The tips has been wrong for a long time.
    The weekday ones are correct, insofar as they are fixed type, random quality. You can increase your odds of getting the correct kind of greater by spamming weekday lairs. Weekends are totally randomized. Yes, the tooltip is outdated.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User

The weekday ones are correct, insofar as they are fixed type, random quality. You can increase your odds of getting the correct kind of greater by spamming weekday lairs. Weekends are totally randomized. Yes, the tooltip is outdated.
    It is not correct as it may not be the "Greater Mark" we were talking about.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    nawelennawelen Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I got a lantern (green) doing the daily on the temple of the spider queen, dropped when you fight all those phase spider.
    Never happens again
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I did get a Lantern of Revelation to drop in I think "Master of the Hunt" skirmish (in the end chest), but that was way back when, about the same time as Mod 4, or so.
  • Options
    mantera47mantera47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    You can also use the PVP artifacts (that you can buy with glory) to feed into other artifacts.