What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Motes Not Dropping

124»

Comments

• Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User

You darned kids with your fancy schmancy seal currency and your incremental boons. Neverwinter is a kids game! Not like Everquest. Now there's a MAN'S game. Why, back in my day, we had to farm. Up hill. Both ways! In the snow! And we LIKED it!

naked corpse runs to fear, hoping you dont delevel yourself or you might lose everything on your body. you know consequences.... something todays games dont have.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    dufisto said:

You darned kids with your fancy schmancy seal currency and your incremental boons. Neverwinter is a kids game! Not like Everquest. Now there's a MAN'S game. Why, back in my day, we had to farm. Up hill. Both ways! In the snow! And we LIKED it!

naked corpse runs to fear, hoping you dont delevel yourself or you might lose everything on your body. you know consequences.... something todays games dont have.
    I can't tell if you're continuing on my parody of someone complaining, or if you're actually complaining, but you're proving my point and I thank you for it!
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User

gluggo said:

this is what happens when you let your kids play on the football team where they don't keep score, and every team gets a trophy for 1st place at the end of the season.

See devs, you should just give the weapons to everyone who logs in, and while your at it, everyone should get 1,000 rank 12 enchants, because it's just too much grind to level up those enchants, how can we all be winners if others have more than we have? We are the 99%! Better yet, maybe take 50% of the motes from the players who have too many motes, and give them to the players that have no motes? I mean, that would be fair. That goes for AD too. It's completely unfair that some players have more AD than others, and maybe some have more Ichor, that's unfair too. I know, lets not have any loot, we can all have the same gear, the same looking toon, and all be the same level, forever, and then it will be fair.

You are violating my safe space with your micro aggressions if you disagree.

The idea behind farming has been around since EQ and it was exponentially to the billionth power worse. Those who put in the time are rewarded for it, they are rewarded for their dedication to get said item. Those who don't put in the time, don't get the item. It is what seperates the casual player from the hardcore player. This debate has been going on forever, and there are always going to be those who think that just because they log in, they are entitled to the same inventory of items that the hardcore player has. I hope we never go down this route.

Actually you meant in the rain, which it rained a lot, unless you had a spare opal. Oh wait back in the day there was not such thing as a spare opal.

• Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    dufisto said:

And fear my wrath is your reputation got messed up and you needed to get to Plane of Hate...I would port you up and then gate out, leaving you stranded. Oh wait once again back in the day your reputation meant something serverwide.

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    cayapp said:

dufisto said:

And fear my wrath is your reputation got messed up and you needed to get to Plane of Hate...I would port you up and then gate out, leaving you stranded. Oh wait once again back in the day your reputation meant something serverwide.

Post edited by kolatmaster on
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    cayapp said:

gluggo said:

this is what happens when you let your kids play on the football team where they don't keep score, and every team gets a trophy for 1st place at the end of the season.

See devs, you should just give the weapons to everyone who logs in, and while your at it, everyone should get 1,000 rank 12 enchants, because it's just too much grind to level up those enchants, how can we all be winners if others have more than we have? We are the 99%! Better yet, maybe take 50% of the motes from the players who have too many motes, and give them to the players that have no motes? I mean, that would be fair. That goes for AD too. It's completely unfair that some players have more AD than others, and maybe some have more Ichor, that's unfair too. I know, lets not have any loot, we can all have the same gear, the same looking toon, and all be the same level, forever, and then it will be fair.

You are violating my safe space with your micro aggressions if you disagree.

The idea behind farming has been around since EQ and it was exponentially to the billionth power worse. Those who put in the time are rewarded for it, they are rewarded for their dedication to get said item. Those who don't put in the time, don't get the item. It is what seperates the casual player from the hardcore player. This debate has been going on forever, and there are always going to be those who think that just because they log in, they are entitled to the same inventory of items that the hardcore player has. I hope we never go down this route.

Actually you meant in the rain, which it rained a lot, unless you had a spare opal. Oh wait back in the day there was not such thing as a spare opal.

I distinctly remember killing polar bears for pelts in Everquest, so I'm sticking with my "in the snow" story.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2015

ghoulz66 said:

The devs' response to the nearly universal complaints amounted to "We wanted this to be a time investment since we didn't gate it behind a hugely expensive guild upgrade or a difficult and long part of the campaign." However, this translates to "We thoughtlessly created yet another soul-sucking, interminable and tedious grind because we couldn't be bothered to come up with a better idea, and no we aren't going to listen to any requests for change no matter how much it bores and annoys our players. Oh, and just because we're Cryptic, we threw in the as-always-unfair RNG to make things really infuriating in case you don't choose to do the soul-sucking, interminable grind of 100 major HEs." Always one step forward and two steps back with this crew...

Yeah, a stupid time investment where you're NOT progressing through campaigns, NOT getting anything meaningful to give to guild, OR MAKING ANY ADs.

Not true. You get a stack of rank 5s and a stack of green surplus equipment.lol
    Stack? I wish 99 would drop. Do 100 HEs, gain a stack, worth 5-8k. Or could do dungeons and skirmishes over the next week or 2 and make 1m.
  • Options
    aidek0aidek0 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    asterdahl said:

These weapons were not meant to be earned in a day, or even a week.

8 hours
  • Options
    vaultfairyvaultfairy Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Just started to get the Earth set and i have not recieved one mote yet...
  • Options
    andreasgr1994andreasgr1994 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    asterdahl said:

morenthar said:

Myself and others have not been getting Motes off of HEs.

Is the drop rate that insanely low or do we have a bug on our hands?

While the drop rate is not 100% for motes, with the exception of epic heroic encounters, there is unfortunately a known issue preventing some players from receiving motes. However, there is a workaround. See the known issues thread for more information.

In short, ensure you have the unawakened heart associated with the element of the weapon you are pursuing in your inventory before completing any heroic encounters. If you don't, drop the quest and re-accept it.

It's advised that until the issue is resolved you only focus on one elemental weapon, and drop all other quests. The bug is that when accepting one elemental weapon quests, unawakened hearts for other quests will be destroyed. This means you won't be able to gain motes for that heart.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused and are working to resolve it as soon as possible.
    Sorry to say but thats Not quite true "only focus on one elemental weapon, and drop all other quests. The bug is that when accepting one elemental weapon quests, unawakened hearts for other quests will be destroyed. This means you won't be able to gain motes for that heart"On my GwF i have Water/fire quests and both work like charm even if i afk(For the people that says that you must do damage or whatever..) but on CW even when i had Earth one motes didnt drop at all (Got 4 motes from 20 heroic encounters... while others got normally everytime),and have notice specially on "weapons of earth quest"that some others have same bug too but most are ok.
    Note:Did a small test just now have Fire/earth quests fire works like charm even while afking.Earth is buged like hell for sure.!
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    Today's release will see some adjustments to the elemental weapons quests in the spirit of my previous posts in this thread. Here are the relevant patch notes:

Adjustments to Elemental Artifact Weapon Quests

• The drop rate of Motes of Air, Earth, Fire, and Water have been slightly increased from minor and major heroic encounters in Spinward Rise, Reclamation Rock, Fiery Pit, and Drowned Shore respectively.
    • The frequency with which epic heroic encounters appear in Spinward Rise, Reclamation Rock, Fiery Pit, and Drowned Shore has been reduced.
    • Elemental Seeker’s Wands have been added to the consumables section of the Trade Bar Store for 45 trade bars. These items have four charges that increase the drop rate of motes from minor and major Heroic Encounters in their corresponding zones to 100% for thirty minutes.
    These changes should relieve some of the difficulty discrepancy between quests by decreasing the dependency on epic heroic encounters and slightly boosting the drop rates from minor and major encounters. Earning motes solo or in a small group will now be a bit quicker.

These quests were never meant to feel like a quest to complete a specific epic heroic encounter 100 times. That being said we still want players working towards these weapons to be rewarded for gathering together and take on the epic heroic encounters when they're up, should enough allies be available, so while epic heroic encounters will be appearing less frequently (around twice an hour) the drop rate of motes from those encounters will remain at 100%.

In addition, for those of you who are looking to accelerate the process, the new elemental seeker's wands available in the trade bar store will provide you with four charges of a buff that will temporarily boost your drop rates from minor and major heroic encounters to 100%. This is, of course, completely optional.

We will continue to monitor these quests, and also examine the relative power of each artifact weapon. Thank you all for your continued feedback.

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    45 tradebars for 30-4 minutes!? Are you joking!? You don't get more motes, you just get 100% chance for ONE mote. Spend 45 bars to get like 10 motes in the same/more amount of time it toke to get em before. What a dirty greedy move.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    ribbs1 said:

The real challenge of getting the new artifact weapons has gone from trying to find an active instance to trying to find an active instance and waiting around for something to happen. That's not my idea of fun.

A long time ago on an MMO that shall not be mentioned, I once had the pleasure of waiting for a mob to spawn that was on an eight-hour timer. While I was waiting I watched an entire NHL hockey game plus overtime. The mob spawned a few minutes after the game ended in a tie.

I sincerely hope that no one from that MMO is working at Cryptic.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    gwalaplothgwalaploth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    100% chance is more like a ZERO % chance from what I can see on anything except the ones you got them from before. BROKEN!
  • Options
    free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    I have all 3 of the elemental (earth, water and fire) weapons. Currently in Spinward Rise working on the last weapon.

Here an overview of my experience so far (before the change to 25mins cooldown).

I started doing Earth first, with Slaad Invasion
    Pro : People generally do invite each other and with a high dps group, this encounter do and can be completed quite fast. Death Timer is tracked by players.
    Con : DPS gated drop rate for all classes. Even for non-dps classes. Mote is NOT 100% per completion. For my cleric, the probability is around 35%. That means I had to do more than 100 runs of Slaad Invasion to get Earth done. Quite a frustrating experience compared to the other 2.

Next I moved to Fiery Pit, with Feeding the Fire
    Pro: 100% mote drop as long as you don't afk.
    Con : Time gated. For some reasons 100 Feeding the Fire just seem to take a much longer time to complete than even Earth. I suspect that has to do with the time gated phases that don't seem to speed up even with a high dps group. I do feel I spent much more time in the Fiery Pit even though I know I did far less runs than Earth. Death Timer is not always tracked by players.

After 2 grinds, I decided to do the easiest of the weapons, Cornered by Crabs
    Pro: 100% mote drop and very fast completion. Time seem to fly by and before I realized I already have 100 motes. Death Timer is tracked by players.
    Con: Mount gated. The spawn spot is too far away from the Encounter. Without a fast mount, you won't get there in time before the Encounter end. People here do not generally invite.

So here's my early impression of Spinward Rise's Mistral Point (this is after the 25mins patch)
    Pro: Peace and Quiet enviroment. Zone chat is empty.
    Con: Hello? Is anyone there? On a more serious note, Due to no one participating in the 15+ encounter, I tried doing the minor encounters instead. And I gave up as the drop rate is ridiculously low. 2/100.

• Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    I am so glad I mindlessly endured the soul-sucking grind of killing 100 crabs before they made it even worse.
  • Options
    zwergenschubserzwergenschubser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    to much grind is no fun to play... and pay for lesser grind is even worse!
    [Mitteilung] Von [Brienne von Tarth]: ach du bist der klugscheißer aus dem forum, wird ja immer schöner xD
    [Mitteilung] an [Brienne von Tarth]: ja genau der bin ich
    [Systemmeldung] Brienne von Tarth ignoriert Sie.
    [Mitteilung] an [mich selbst]: pvp ist schon geil
  • Options
    free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Just completed my first Mistral Point. Add Mistral Point to the list of 15+ Encounter that don't drop motes. This is so wrong on so many levels.

There's no way Mistral Point can NOT drop any mote. No way. Just no way. IT absolutely cannot have less than 100% chance. FIX IT.
  • Options
    cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    I'd gotten the set on 3 toons and started a 4th, but now not so sure I'm going to bother again. The situation was bad and the players came together and improvised to overcome. Cryptic, you have pushed out a crappy situation, and now amazingly managed to make it worse. Bravo... and that in a nut shell, is why your player numbers have floundered these past 5 mods. We're talking to the wall here. The wands and increase in spawn times is exactly what it's been described as, dirty and greedy.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    there is a major disconnect between design/management and what players are expecting to be rewarding and engaging gameplay.

Imagine if you would, if you could farm these doing t2s.. while also earning daily ad and salvage drops? This is the sort of stuff that should be done instead.

• Options
    brownian7brownian7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Is there a way to get rid of the hearts other than by completing the quests? I foolishly accepted all the quests at once without realizing i was losing inventory space. Now that I understand the grind involved, I have no wish to actually do any of the four zone grinds and would really like to get those four inventory slots back.