test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My gift to you.

xrollxtidexxrollxtidex Member Posts: 124 Arc User
I have been made aware that certain guilds are charging people 500K to join and buy the new gear from their upgraded marketplace. I think that this is absurd.

My guild, ASYLUM, has 4. Anybody and everybody who wishes to, can join and buy their gear from our marketplace for free. No charge.

I simply ask that you join, buy your stuff, (gear, PvP drains, wards) and then leave. No extended stays so others can have a chance for their gear.

Spread the word to your friends in game.
Roll Tide : Guardian Fighter
ASYLUM
Post edited by xrollxtidex on

Comments

• xrollxtidexxrollxtidex Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    ASYLUM has marketplace 4. Anyone and everyone who wishes to, can join buy their gear, the new PvP drains/wards and then leave. I offer this for free, no charge.

I simply ask you join, buy your gear and then leave. No extended stays to allow others a chance as well.

Roll Tide
    Post edited by xrollxtidex on
    ASYLUM
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    X3 My guild charges 2mil to the coffer plus 3k+ item level to join so I don't think you should complain its the best way to keep the upgrades going. Since you need so much AD.
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    Awesome.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • boom782boom782 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    I think asking for a coffer donation is very reasonable which is what our guild does and we already have marketplace 4.
    It's reasonable its just the pre-members didn't have to donate the AD they were just asked if they can not forced. :p Either way ya have to get the AD somehow so this seems like a good way.
    edited December 2015
    ^^ I really don't care what your guild does or doesn't do. Nor do I care for your justifications. I'm not complaining either. I am offering the have nots in this game the ability to get their gear free of charge.

I have no desire to take advantage of people in a videogame for personal gain. Could this cost me progress in my guild? Perhaps so, but I 'm ok with paying that price.

Edit: I want everyone in the game to know you do not have to pay what these guys are asking. I offer it free.
    ASYLUM
    Its not for personal gain your not getting the AD the guild Stronghold is. Its the best way to progress since we'd prefer everyone donating then just the people who do nothing to get something. X3
    In the most simple terms possible.. I am giving it away free so that this guy ^^^ and others like him do not make money for their strongholds via this method.
    ASYLUM
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User

^^ I really don't care what your guild does or doesn't do. Nor do I care for your justifications. I'm not complaining either. I am offering the have nots in this game the ability to get their gear free of charge.

I have no desire to take advantage of people in a videogame for personal gain. Could this cost me progress in my guild? Perhaps so, but I 'm ok with paying that price.

Edit: I want everyone in the game to know you do not have to pay what these guys are asking. I offer it free.

Thank you for being a non profit generous gamer.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • boom782boom782 Member Posts: 183 Arc User

Its not for personal gain your not getting the AD the guild Stronghold is. Its the best way to progress since we'd prefer everyone donating then just the people who do nothing to get something. X3

This. Plus we have kicked people from our guild for not contributing so why would we invite randoms for free to get gear and leave? We have worked hard and donated A LOT to get were we are. To each their own though.
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    that is a great initiative. We are a little behind that date, but I suppose the officers in denial could talk and join the initiative too.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    This hurts to read. Now everyone will have the gear even if they didn't earn it with their guild. Tilts pvp even further out of balance. Wish the people charging AD had never started to.
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    anyway, good initiative ASYLUM. Respect.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User

ASYLUM will have marketplace 4 within the week. Once we do, anyone and everyone who wishes to, can join buy their gear, the new PvP drains/wards and then leave. I offer this for free, no charge.

I simply ask you join, buy your gear and then leave. No extended stays to allow others a chance as well.

I will edit/bump this post when we have marketplace 4.

Roll Tide@xROLLxTIDEx

i'm really glad the leader and founder of this guild is willing to go that distance to help other ppl in smaller guild and new players to promote the pvp aspect of this game, once the marketplace is up i will help you and spam this in the game as well
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

I have been made aware that certain guilds are charging people 500K to join and buy the new gear from their upgraded marketplace. I think that this is absurd.

My guild, ASYLUM, will have rank 4 marketplace within the week. Anybody and everybody who wishes to, can join and buy their gear from our marketplace for free. No charge.

I simply ask that you join, buy your stuff, (gear, PvP drains, wards) and then leave. No extended stays so others can have a chance for their gear.

I will edit/bump this post when we have marketplace 4. Until then, spread the word to your friends in game.

Roll Tide@xROLLxTIDEx

Well said dude and I agree, my Guild has never charged anything to do anything like that. If anything we help each other to get the things needed to donate etc. We are doing just fine and things are progressing and I applaud your Guild for doing the same :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Ok, now I have to step in. First of all, several flame baiting comments and replies to them were removed from this thread. If you feel someone is flaming or trolling, please report the comment, then ignore it until one of us moderators can get to it. Secondly, I'm sorry but bumping of a thread is also not allowed. If you have something to add, add it, but make sure it's on topic and not just a "/bump", as that will be removed and your thread will be sunk.

Thank you. Carry on.

Also: Please don't cross-post. Threads merged. Thanks! ~Zeb
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with a little kindness to others. I think it is wonderful what your guild is doing rolltide, helping others improve themselves as players is what a guild is all about not a profit making ad machine for guild officers or leaders! Who can kick you when ever they are on a power trip, Our guild Cold Blooded has the same philosophy we help others because it makes us all better players.
    edited December 2015

right on point, don't worry roll, u have the backing of all the guildies in asylum and i'm pretty sure asylum is also getting the support from other guilds regardless whether they r big or small, as this is what setting up a guild suppose to be, to help others and new players in the game and make it fun instead of making guildies pay 2 million AD to join which is ridiculous!
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • iyodahiyodah Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    As the owner and leader of Infamous Intentions I would like to thank you for extending this public service and will personally suggest all my PvP players to contact you for their gear. Again, this is something that should be thanked for not harped upon. Smaller guilds that won't access these items for quite some time will benefit to keep the game playable instead of driving off the player base. I salute you RollTide. :)
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User

My guild, ASYLUM, will have rank 4 marketplace within the week. Anybody and everybody who wishes to, can join and buy their gear from our marketplace for free. No charge.

Hello @xrollxtidex, and thank you very much for this gift, I hope that many players would be able to accept it. Being a lead in another guild (Casual Gamers) which has a lot of members but a very low contribution level (since the majority of our players are new to level 70 and still working on boons) I'm very interested in making this gift available to our guild members. Which makes me immediately concerned about the logistics of such operation (I'm afraid you would get overwhelmed with the requests).

My thoughts so far on how this could work if dozens of players are going to follow this process:
    1) Guild1 helps players to farm fangs, protector seals and guild marks
    2) Players leave the Guild1
    3) Guild1 sends a list of players to Guild2 (Asylum or other team willing to help)
    4) Guild2 invites the players
    5) Players buy the gear and make some voluntary donations to Guild2 coffer
    6) Guild2 kicks the players after a few days
    7) Players return to Guild1 (or not)

With that in mind, I ask other guilds who could help Asylum in helping players to get their SH gear.
    From our side (Casual Gamers), I would be happy to help with the step1 to the players who need to farm their fangs and are not yet in a guild.

Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers

Hello @xrollxtidex, and thank you very much for this gift, I hope that many players would be able to accept it. Being a lead in another guild (Casual Gamers) which has a lot of members but a very low contribution level (since the majority of our players are new to level 70 and still working on boons) I'm very interested in making this gift available to our guild members. Which makes me immediately concerned about the logistics of such operation (I'm afraid you would get overwhelmed with the requests).

My thoughts so far on how this could work if dozens of players are going to follow this process:
    1) Guild1 helps players to farm fangs, protector seals and guild marks
    2) Players leave the Guild1
    3) Guild1 sends a list of players to Guild2 (Asylum or other team willing to help)
    4) Guild2 invites the players
    5) Players buy the gear and make some voluntary donations to Guild2 coffer
    6) Guild2 kicks the players after a few days
    7) Players return to Guild1 (or not)

With that in mind, I ask other guilds who could help Asylum in helping players to get their SH gear.
    From our side (Casual Gamers), I would be happy to help with the step1 to the players who need to farm their fangs and are not yet in a guild.

i'm glad to see that a lot of tremendous positive respond from other guilds and i'm sure rolltide and other leaders will come out with the system to benefit everybody in the game, whatever the leader decision is, i'm willing to help those guildies from other guild to get their sh pvp gear whether be it farming dungeons, siege, dom or HE
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • dreadvenemousdreadvenemous Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    @xrollxtidex -

@xrollxtidex just became my favorite player in Neverwinter (outside of my guild mates).

As a guild leader myself, nothing irks me more than hearing about someone who has had to pay to get into a guild.

Nobody in Poison Clan is ever required to donate anything. Ever. Instead, we invite players in and donate to them.

Everything we achieve, we do together and we do it because we're good players. We don't do it off the backs of the players we should be helping... and the progress they make, as a small group of dedicated players, is astounding.

Our stronghold will never be as far along as the guilds who charge but our members will never be marks on a ledger, either - they're the reason for the guild to exist, not cogs to turn the machine.

Thank you, @xrollxtidex - you are the kind of person that makes this game fun.
  • xalorusxalorus Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Thank you for being people of the people. Those other groups strike me as my government in a microcosm with thier huge taxes and misconstrued ideology. Hope to see some of you all. Tc and enjoy your day (A member of Casual Gamers)
  • nwbeast#4980 nwbeast Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I remember one of my past guildmates telling me a certain guild required not only a 3k Item level minimum, but also 2mil AD to the guild coffer to join. I was like WHHATTT lol
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Haha yeah I was gobsmacked when I read that. They are upset with this as nobody is going to pay that now - lol.

Really good move Roll Tide and Asylum. I believe it's not just momentary altruism but also a recognition that if the gap between the 'haves & have nots' increases then there will be a serious reduction in the 'have not' majority, having a knock on effect on the lifespan of the game as well as the recruitment pool for the top tier guilds.

Such long term thinking is in short supply and is great to see here.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Incredible discussion I had heard about this and thought no way would anyone charge to sign up, clearly I was wrong.
    When people approach a guild they are going to need help if a guild isnt prepared to help them rank up then what is the point of their existence?
  • indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Actually contrary to what most believe I applaud Rolltide and Asylum for working so hard and using their AD to help the community by giving away the armor and glyphs they worked so hard to earn. It really helps motivate other guilds to progress their stronghold knowing their just a guild invite away from all that armor. More importantly it will help other players who are guildless and (guild) boonless gain another 100 itemlevel In marginal upgrades that are supposed to "equalize" pvp for the haves and have nots.

But im sure a few math junkies out there that have already realized that boons are the true goals of bigger guilds, and entry fees are to supplement the 200-300m pricetags they hold.

Bump for visibility, gotta help more people get that armor :)
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
    pm @xrollxtidex in game to get your sh glyph and lionsmane pvp as our SH have this available!! hopefully what we are doing will make a positive impact to all the individuals that is playing this game!!
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    @xrollxtidex

I would like to know if it's only a leader decision, or if all the guild members support this action.
    pm roll tide for this question and i;m sure he and other leaders of ASYLUM is able to give u a definitive answer
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard