test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Death Slaad companions

stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
edited November 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I participated in the now infamous promo for account wide companions. I was very frustrated when they were not account wide and was happy when recently PWE decided to fix that issue.

However, by now we all know how it turned out. The patch that brought the fix did not limit the Death Slaads to only the people in the promotion and did not give out the higher reward level companions of the Phase Spider or Scorpion. What ended up happening is that many people claimed them on every toon they had if they where able to be online and were quick enough, until the ability to claim the Death Slaads was completely turned off. And when it was turned off, it was turned off for everyone including those that should get them. While I do have the slaads on a few of my toons from the initial BoE version, I still would like to get them on my other toons that I play.

It is very frustrating again, as I play content and everywhere people a lot of people have Death Slaads. And I do not have mine... when I should have them and other got them in error. This also frustrates my toons that do have them because the poison effect of the slaad does not stack and only one person with a slaad can get the damage boost.

It has been almost 3 weeks since the attempt to bring these companions into the Claims Agent so that the promo people can get their companions that they deserve. The new mod came out today and they are still not available. The old thread is still there but closed and there has not been any updates at all...

When can we expect to see our account wide companions?
@stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
Taarna - GWF
Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
Mara Jade - TR
Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
Sturm Nightblade - GF

Comments

• rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    I feel like this probably got bumped back due to the new module release, but hopefully now that it's live we can actually get an answer on it. I don't have any answers obviously, I'm just chiming in that I'd really appreciate some new information about this.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    I am hopeful that this issue is resolved soon(tm) and correctly.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Hopefully Alex (@yetweallfalldown) is following this up, since he seemed unaware it didn't go smoothly until someone PM'd him.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    I'm bitter, salty, sour, and possibly other food-related adjectives about this issue.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    Crispy ducked?
  • mersenneprimemersenneprime Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Fried? Steamed? Souffled?

In any case, it's been three weeks now, and a week since I posted in the other thread about it having been two weeks.

Given the four months between problem identification and an attempt at a fix, I was hoping the fix for the fix would be accomplished in less than a month.

In the game, I'm @Knickknacks.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Now that Mod 8 has been released, could this topic get some care again?

As I suggested on yetweallfalldown's wall:

What I do not understand is why you don't use the promo-code sytem, which is proven and has succesfully been used with e.g. the Renegade Illusionist, and the code is sent per email to those people qualifying. These shouldn't be that many...

...so using unique individual codes sent to each player should prevent "spilling the beans": If any code were to be redeemed on more than one account, it could be voided.

...wondering if that might be a potential workaround.

[Edit: Grammar]
    Post edited by suicidalgodot on
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    It simply can not be that hard to create an account wide unlock pet....copy the storm rider or renegade illusionist code that already works well, determine who should get the pets, and give it to them. Since the BOE versions apparently got to the right people, you obviously know who should get them. Use that list.

This is just unreal...2-3 attempts to resolve amd each one has made the issue worse.

Sure am glad i have one on my main so that this isnt really a huge concern for me. Now its just principle.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Sorry for the long wait. We know how much of an issue this is, but we are actively working on it and expect a fix in the near future.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• dentage1234dentage1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    Appreciate the update, Andy. Please make sure that the fix is applied to all three companions that were part of the promo (Death Slaad, Phase Spider, Black Death Scorpion). The original "fix" didn't even touch the other two. Thanks!
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    Can you actually fix it correctly?
    Thanks for the update, I sincerely hope it'll work out all right this time.
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    cjh1983 said:

my money is on no
    yokki1 said:

cjh1983 said:

my money is on no
    We've actually been far more patient than any company actually deserves on this issue.

QA is very important. You cannot throw multiple fixes at customers and expect them to have any confidence in your company the next time you say "this should take care of it".

• mantera47mantera47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    So the patch notes for today 12/3 state:

•For those with the proper promo codes, the Death Slaad is now available from the Reward Claims Agent.

Is this the fix for this issue? Or is this separate? Also, what about the other companions from the promo? And where is this promo code?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    See what happens after maintenance. The thing about "promo code" probably just indicates that the patch note writer wasn't involved and doesn't fully understand what happened, and not that a code is now required.

Claim agent fixes can't be checked on preview since it's a separate shard where you don't have your unlocks.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    ...so, if I read the patch notes right, it'll only be the Slaad... ...and what about Phase Spiders and Scorpions?

Doh. Maybe I'm just paranoid, maybe it'll all turn out as it should have done like 5 months ago...

...but you can guess what I guess will be the outcome.
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User

See what happens after maintenance. The thing about "promo code" probably just indicates that the patch note writer wasn't involved and doesn't fully understand what happened, and not that a code is now required.

Claim agent fixes can't be checked on preview since it's a separate shard where you don't have your unlocks.

one would thing that they would be separate but if you read around you can see that they are not and some people have taken advantage of it.
    edited December 2015
    OK, so it didn't work again...

...at least not for me - only thing it did way make all those blocked companions in the "Promo"-tab chez the Claims Agent vanish. No Slaads claimable for me, nor Phase Spider nor Scorpion (for which I'd qualify, too). Doh.

...why am I not surprised?
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    Hopes dashed again. I think Cryptic is trolling us.

Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Jumping in here as I've been talking with our team. We are looking to re-allocate (i.e. re-distribute) these rewards. Our team needs to test one last thing and then we will go ahead with distribution. Right now, the companion that isn't available is the old version that is not account bound. To be clear, I'm not sure why that specific one is not available, so I will also look into that as well.
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
    Thanks for the prompt ack and reply.
    Testing is proving positive. I should have fixed account-bound companions for all those that participated in the charge bonus promotion by mid-day tomorrow. This includes the Death Slaad, Phase Spider and Black Death Scorpion.
    Sounds good, let's hope it works this time...
  • stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    This may be asking a bit much... but with all we have been through... maybe we can get the slaads better than green quality?

This would be helpful towards mending over the frustration... It would also allow for the people in the promo to be better off then the masses that "cashed in" on the offer when they were not entitled to it. (Because we all know now, the ones that wrongfully recieved a slaad, are not going to have it taken away.)
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF

Testing is proving positive. I should have fixed account-bound companions for all those that participated in the charge bonus promotion by mid-day tomorrow. This includes the Death Slaad, Phase Spider and Black Death Scorpion.

Define mid-day?
    One presumes, since you're west coast that it will be Pacific Time. Which is fine.
    Does it mean Noon (middle of the day), or 1PM (technical middle of the 'standard' work day), or sometime before 4PM (since after 4 would be considered end of day, or at least late in the day)?

I understand why you're being vague, but I'm also trying to potentially head off Eastern Time people who will start complaining at 12:01PM, despite that fact that you'll have barely started your workday.

These companions should be added now and claimed under the Promo tab at the RCA. These all should be available account wide now.

These companions should be added now and claimed under the Promo tab at the RCA. These all should be available account wide now.

Since I'm at work, I can't check for another few hours.

• mantera47mantera47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    The fix looks good. Thank you.
    I got all the three of them listed, so I guess, it's time....

...to thank you for finally putting this right. Better late than never. Thanks, yetweallfalldown, for not letting us down.