Patch Notes: NW.55.20151123a.3

Comments

• mrjarqomrjarqo Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    hahah 'Timeout during login' game R.I.P for me ;-(
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    now gateway is offline for me too
  • golkaxgolkax Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I hate to be that guy, but this...
    Valindra's Tower: This dungeon now awards 750 Astral Diamonds, down from 900.
    Why? Is there really a problem now with people earning way too much AD? From VT?
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    need login on shards.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    golkax said:

I hate to be that guy, but this...

Valindra's Tower: This dungeon now awards 750 Astral Diamonds, down from 900.
    Why? Is there really a problem now with people earning way too much AD? From VT?

The market is probably being overwhelmed by the extra 150 rawAD people are getting for "fast" run in VT... ( -.-)
    They lose time in some useless patch that's for sure...
  • moradinallfathermoradinallfather Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    Mister Strumslinger, can we get a sitrep? Right now we are all thinking S.N.A.F.U. Please give us something else to think.
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User

Hunter Ranger: Grasping Roots' duration now properly matches its tooltip.

I hope this means means that the duration will be incresed ... otherwise you guys need understand that that wiil be a huge nerf on an already weak class, and a huge damage reducion.
    If u guys whana fix hunters in PVP just add someting like reduced root times and dazled time on PVP and only on PVP.

Is time to show some love to PVE hunter already, and boost close combat and archery build for they become realible alternatives. Sorry for my english ty.

Not at all i hope it was reduced HR's are far from underpowered especially with an At-will stun, now im glad you addressed OP's now you guys really should look at Trickster rogues......... getting 1 hit at the start of every domination or throwing knifed to death while their invis needs to stop.. also perma stealth is back you really need to revamp this class for PVP, also SCourge Warlock fury build is basically useless i suggest creeping death not actually do more then 60% but rather then over 8 seconds it should be over 4 considering there 3 spells that proc this in the hellbringer build dreadtheft takes off warlocks curse actually making it do less damage LOL?) but yet those spells are asll DOTs so 60% of a 1000- 2000 dmg is say 600-100 health... over 8 seconds which basically means 100 dmg a second now.. with all the things that proc healing when your damaged you end up giving the player more health then your doing damage due to all these tiny 50 dmg /100 dmg hits
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Did first Demogorgon when server came up.
    Seemed to be going well, evidence that patchnote fixes working.
    Then... no chat... no friends. Demo disappears abruptly...
    entire party stuck in Demo. Cannot VIP signpost out, exit door.

We were prisoners in the abyss. :D

Then server crashed. lol.
    Technical difficulties. Oh well. Back to IRL.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    Oh great, now they extended maintenance for +2 hours
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
    From facebook page: "We had to bring the server down again to look into a few issues."
  • eshkull#7182 eshkull Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Can someone link me to their FB page plz?
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Can someone please explain to me... why they would even do a patch today knowing the entire game was broken? Or would they just admit to never playing their patches? Can someone please answer thisl.

It's probably a server issue and not the patch itself.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    ddasani1 said:

Can someone link me to their FB page plz?

here https://www.facebook.com/NeverWinterGame?brandloc=DISABLE
  • isaaciusisaacius Member Posts: 13 Arc User

Burning Guidance needed to be changed, and I say this as someone with a Devo Pally and a DC. Healers should not top Paingiver in a dungeon, and I have done that before on my healadin.

Pallies can still do decent damage while soloing their dailies. I put 1 point in Purifying Fire in the Justice feat tree and use Aura of Solitude while soloing (only use an augment, not an active companion with that aura) and stuff dies plenty fast enough. If you don't go for Aura Gifts in the Light feat tree, then you can put a full 5 points in Purifying Fire and kill stuff even faster. Hint: Radiant Strike puts Purifying Fire on the whole group you're fighting.

yeah, you are a justice tree. and the problem has been identified as how prism works with burning guidance. This problem was addressed in the last patch. absolutely nothing wrong with burning guidance
  • aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    From NW Twitter Feed:

"We're looking into the issues with #NWPC and had to bring down the server to do so. Thank you for your patience."
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • adriaen666adriaen666 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    If noone noticed - the maintance had been extended.
  • pnut225#0922 pnut225 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

If noone noticed - the maintance had been extended.

any word on when they plan to be back up?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    isaacius said:

Burning Guidance needed to be changed, and I say this as someone with a Devo Pally and a DC. Healers should not top Paingiver in a dungeon, and I have done that before on my healadin.

Pallies can still do decent damage while soloing their dailies. I put 1 point in Purifying Fire in the Justice feat tree and use Aura of Solitude while soloing (only use an augment, not an active companion with that aura) and stuff dies plenty fast enough. If you don't go for Aura Gifts in the Light feat tree, then you can put a full 5 points in Purifying Fire and kill stuff even faster. Hint: Radiant Strike puts Purifying Fire on the whole group you're fighting.

yeah, you are a justice tree. and the problem has been identified as how prism works with burning guidance. This problem was addressed in the last patch. absolutely nothing wrong with burning guidance
    Actually, Burning Guidance would tick from every attempt the OP made at healing, whether or not there was any damage to heal. Since pretty much everything a DevOP does is pulsing out constant healing ticks, BG damage was massive. While the interaction with Prism was huge because Prism itself is was an overwhelming amount of heal ticks, it also ticked from Oath Strike's heal pulse, and the DoTs from Smite and Burning Light. And each DoT tick would also give an attempted heal tick. The more allies around you to try to heal, the more damage you'd do. (These are all in my DevOP's "solo" DPS setup, where he's not even slotted for full healing.)

The issue here is finding a way to have the boon not do insane damage in group content while keeping it a viable damage boost for characters soloing. Upping sources of base damage would accomplish that.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • primaxal1primaxal1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    the heal from drowned weapons now works correct.. but it isnt listed in the patch notes. I wonder how many other things they changed and didnt include in patch notes
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Worried. Very worried.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • tsinibel#5631 tsinibel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    hmm.. why do i feel like some comments were deleted.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    ghoulz66 said:

Can you guys be a little specific about the mote droprates? Are the 15+ ones getting more than 1, 100% chance for 1 on small ones, ect?

Certainly, I responded with the following in the motes thread in the general forums:
    asterdahl said:

Today's release will see some adjustments to the elemental weapons quests in the spirit of my previous posts in this thread. Here are the relevant patch notes:

Adjustments to Elemental Artifact Weapon Quests

• The drop rate of Motes of Air, Earth, Fire, and Water have been slightly increased from minor and major heroic encounters in Spinward Rise, Reclamation Rock, Fiery Pit, and Drowned Shore respectively.
    • The frequency with which epic heroic encounters appear in Spinward Rise, Reclamation Rock, Fiery Pit, and Drowned Shore has been reduced.
    • Elemental Seeker’s Wands have been added to the consumables section of the Trade Bar Store for 45 trade bars. These items have four charges that increase the drop rate of motes from minor and major Heroic Encounters in their corresponding zones to 100% for thirty minutes.
    These changes should relieve some of the difficulty discrepancy between quests by decreasing the dependency on epic heroic encounters and slightly boosting the drop rates from minor and major encounters. Earning motes solo or in a small group will now be a bit quicker.

These quests were never meant to feel like a quest to complete a specific epic heroic encounter 100 times. That being said we still want players working towards these weapons to be rewarded for gathering together and take on the epic heroic encounters when they're up, should enough allies be available, so while epic heroic encounters will be appearing less frequently (around twice an hour) the drop rate of motes from those encounters will remain at 100%.

In addition, for those of you who are looking to accelerate the process, the new elemental seeker's wands available in the trade bar store will provide you with four charges of a buff that will temporarily boost your drop rates from minor and major heroic encounters to 100%. This is, of course, completely optional.

We will continue to monitor these quests, and also examine the relative power of each artifact weapon. Thank you all for your continued feedback.

• iszuuleiszuule Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    Any chance you guys will be getting around to fixing the GWF unstoppable skill? Currently, it has a tendency to NOT activate. Once out of combat, or the bar drops to below 50% mark and refilled, it can once again be activated, but even those workarounds are sporadic.

Would also like to see terrain clutter optomized, places such as dragon well, and dread ring have massive amount of "objects" such as rocks and the likes that are multiple objects, where a singular object would be much better.

It's almost as if the developers came over from secondlife, and are building things by stacking blocks together.
  • isaaciusisaacius Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2015

Thanks becky,
    Im not sure how you came to this conclusion though. In a good dungeon group a healadin can HOPE to reach 12 mil dmg ( where control classes ( cw, hr, sw) do between 40-80 mil and gwf do 140 mil + ) this is with bonus dmg done by healing in a group ( bonds of virtue and vow of emnity) . with prism's MULTIPLICATIVE healing its makes burning guidance dangerous. on its own it really cannot do much of anything. in solo content the dmg from burning guidance is really nothing as it cannot be multiplied.

aside from that specific issue it still stands, and i have been told many times, that next to an AP cleric there is no benefit of taking a devotion paladin.
    My issue is, that by each seemingly meaningless tweak to paladin skills the utility of the devotion paladin is diminishing by a lot.
    they do not have enough survivability to tank anything, they do not do enough dmg to be sought for by any group, and they don't offer any buffs close to the utility of the DC, ( AP, Dmg Negation).

I'm not sure if you are experiencing it, but with each passing week I am noticing more more that devotion pallies are taken less and DC being requested more. I believe we are being stigmatized; being seen as a compromise rather than an alternative with different benefits.

I think its a real issue in PVE and due to the same problems our utility is being diminished in PVP ( cant withstand dmg, especially with the power creep more present than ever) cannot do any dmg ( especially in comparison to our protection paladins with skills that exponetially increase thier power stats) and it seems now our limited healing arsenal is being targeted.

isaacius said:

Actually, Burning Guidance would tick from every attempt the OP made at healing, whether or not there was any damage to heal. Since pretty much everything a DevOP does is pulsing out constant healing ticks, BG damage was massive. While the interaction with Prism was huge because Prism itself is was an overwhelming amount of heal ticks, it also ticked from Oath Strike's heal pulse, and the DoTs from Smite and Burning Light. And each DoT tick would also give an attempted heal tick. The more allies around you to try to heal, the more damage you'd do. (These are all in my DevOP's "solo" DPS setup, where he's not even slotted for full healing.)

The issue here is finding a way to have the boon not do insane damage in group content while keeping it a viable damage boost for characters soloing. Upping sources of base damage would accomplish that.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    no offense.. most people dont know three figs what either/or does. Most players who dont /havent played either class, wont know what they are capable of, how they are built, or what they provide teams.

Most groups I know just say healer..

• bhurabbhurab Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    For what it is worth, I see the maintenance has been extended to 13h00 PST, or 21h00 UTC.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    i would be more greedy, i want 2*AD event soon, or double drops on T2 dungeons ^^
  • matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    These constant and frequent failures lead to a continuous degradation of gaming experience which doesnt really end as years go by. This fact alone is THE definite reason so finally someone does something about it, either from the side of the company behind the game, from the license holders WOTC or from the player's side, our side. Above all, these annoyingly stubborn and repetitive mishaps are "bashing" at OUR intelligence and personality.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    xavior44 said:

Hunter Ranger: Grasping Roots' duration now properly matches its tooltip.

I hope this means means that the duration will be incresed ... otherwise you guys need understand that that wiil be a huge nerf on an already weak class, and a huge damage reducion.
    If u guys whana fix hunters in PVP just add someting like reduced root times and dazled time on PVP and only on PVP.

Is time to show some love to PVE hunter already, and boost close combat and archery build for they become realible alternatives. Sorry for my english ty.

Not at all i hope it was reduced HR's are far from underpowered especially with an At-will stun,
    Uh, no. All HR dazes are from roots, i.e. encounters. The only stun (as opposed to daze, whatever the difference is) is from Disruptive Shot, a daily.

Thank you for playing.

This discussion has been closed.