test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.55.20151123a.3

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2015 in Patch Notes (PC)

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Lots of things addressed, encouraging patch. Crossing fingers about the crashing...
  • ibarenasibarenas Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    when this will be up?
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    no fix for AD on dwarven throne skirmish first two runs of the day??? uggh I like that one much better than the other
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Balors that don't whip, will also not "nae-nae"...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    looking good, although I'm sad about the lack of communication on the crazy gating of stronghold weapons.
  • gluggogluggo Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Two thumbs up!
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Im glad that we finally have explorers charts, increased drop rates of motes, hopeful crash fixes with those transcendent vorpals, old scoreboards back, RAID CHAT (omg yes), twisted ichor now dropping (OMG YES), and the prisim changes (YAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS).

As Andorra mentioned though, it would be great if we could have some dialogue on the 101 forum posts which we all put up. It's great that it is fixed, but it still seems like everyone is remaining silent.

PS: Adding a double rp weekend with no notice? Not happy - hope my remote desktop holds up whilst im on holiday :rage:
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Can you guys be a little specific about the mote droprates? Are the 15+ ones getting more than 1, 100% chance for 1 on small ones, ect?
  • aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    "Certain combinations of weapons with visual effects, slotted with Enhancements with visual effects, no longer cause client locks or crashes."

Does this also include the issue with Maelstrom and lightning effects used by others... Stormcallers, Malbog, etc?
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

"Certain combinations of weapons with visual effects, slotted with Enhancements with visual effects, no longer cause client locks or crashes."

Does this also include the issue with Maelstrom and lightning effects used by others... Stormcallers, Malbog, etc?

Im almost thinking its the combination of lightning with the vorpal visual - its more common with lightning effects as they are similar visuals, but it also occurs when there isnt a lightning effect.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    I didn't see a fix to the quest to run 'Dwarven Throne' from the SH Cleric.
    Completion does not show up in the Journal and you can't turn it in

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • gorbad13gorbad13 Member Posts: 13 Arc User

PS: Adding a double rp weekend with no notice? Not happy - hope my remote desktop holds up whilst im on holiday :rage:

There is another double RP event in the calendar, 31st December to 4th January I believe it is. So if you don't get stuff done this weekend there isn't that long to wait until the next one.

Also it's good to see the fixes. The twisted ichor especially being a problem (IMO) as it meant that Epic Demo was completely dependent on the RNG to see if it was even worth doing.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    Whats the change to grasping roots?
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    That's a sneaky double RP event. And r5 stack prices were already crazy high. I assume lots of people were trying to get their glitter throne maxed out. How silly do they feel now for not waiting, I wonder? Probably not that silly if they're so rich they can just go mythic at will, I guess.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    gorbad13 said:

There is another double RP event in the calendar, 31st December to 4th January I believe it is. So if you don't get stuff done this weekend there isn't that long to wait until the next one.

Also it's good to see the fixes. The twisted ichor especially being a problem (IMO) as it meant that Epic Demo was completely dependent on the RNG to see if it was even worth doing.
    I wasn't happy either until I saw the follow-up post. I had just used all my RP to refine the SW artifact I got during double XP week to from lvl 1 to 90. Feel better now knowing there will hopefully be another double RP event over the New Year period.

Nice to see all these fixes. You guys had me thinking the zen store rework was it for the patch >:)
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    one sugestion.

The option to turn off the armor and weapons enhancement animations. The player itself and others (this one by video configuration)

That would help to improve video quality for some players.

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    blag001 said:

one sugestion.

The option to turn off the armor and weapons enhancement animations. The player itself and others (this one by video configuration)

That would help to improve video quality for some players.

We have requested this since forever. Just like dual specs it will likely never happen :p The effects of the weapon and armor enhancements just spoil the detail of the weapon or armor imo.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    Great patch with lots of improvements!

The only thing I dont like is:
    In Throne of the Dwarven Gods, Prophecy of Madness, and the Demogorgon encounter, the scoreboard now allows the player to review the usual scoreboard values in addition to the team's overall performance.
    I really found getting rid of the paingiver chart a positive change
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    gwf tab power not fixed why .....
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Not a bad list.. shows progress, continued patch notes like these every 2 weeks or so are most welcome.

Give credit where its due at least, they are fixing stuff.

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    murattti said:

I would assume because they are having a hard time nailing down a fix for it. It was hard enough just getting a bug report submitted with full reproduction steps to reproduce it 100% of time.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

murattti said:

I would assume because they are having a hard time nailing down a fix for it. It was hard enough just getting a bug report submitted with full reproduction steps to reproduce it 100% of time.
    That and there is always the issue of limited time and resources. They can't fix everything all at the same time.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • bsrielbnwn3bsrielbnwn3 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Some Control Wizard Orbs still have messed up orientation. Can we please get those fixed?
  • tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    murattti said:

Would this possibly be why when I hit TAB other night for like 3min straight I couldnt go unstoppable? Is this a known issue right now?

• muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    kreatyve said:

murattti said:

gwf no use tab easy die do you know man :( ehhh again waiting 1 week :/
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    Great fixes! No need to listen to the whiners and complainers who are not satisfied with anything. I am, however, surprised not to see the AD bug with the skirmishes fixed. That's a rather large one that was noted as soon as Underdark went live. The fixes to strongholds are really excellent though. Thanks bunches!

Now, I must return to crafting many, many pairs of pants.
  • moradinallfathermoradinallfather Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    This is what I like to see. The list of bugs, shortened, including at least one that personally bothered the heck out of me, completionist that I am. Drove me crazy that I could not get 100% in Sharandar.
This discussion has been closed.