test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Underdark Campaign - Drow Hunting Tips Tome

mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
Just an FYI: The tooltip says this is acquired by doing Demonic HEs, but it does not give anymore information. Keep doing the Demonic HEs and you will eventually get one as a reward. I am not sure what the odds are, but it took me about 50 tries before I got one. This of course will then be used for your third boon in the Underdark Campaign.

I bring this up because alot of people have been asking in Zone Chat about how to get this tome.
twitch.tv/kaligold

Comments

• dumdragondumdragon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    I have received 2 so far. I put the 2nd one up on the AH. So if RNGesus hates you, they are available for purchase
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Thanks for the information. They are currently quite cheap on the Auction House for those not wanting to grind one out.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    I managed to get 4 - which is helpful as I have 4 toons that I main. Not looking forward to grinding Skirmishes though for 4 of the 4th book...
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Urgh, double post. *kicks things*
    Post edited by sorce#8115 on
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    The drop rate on these things seems to be considerably better than the drop rate on the books needed for the Tryanny of Dragons boons. Currently all 3 are available relatively cheaply on the AH if you don't feel like grinding them out, though it's likely you will have them drop sooner or later. So far just doing a few HEs a day since launch of mod 8 I have had 2 of the Drow Hunting Tips drop.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

The drop rate on these things seems to be considerably better than the drop rate on the books needed for the Tryanny of Dragons boons. Currently all 3 are available relatively cheaply on the AH if you don't feel like grinding them out, though it's likely you will have them drop sooner or later. So far just doing a few HEs a day since launch of mod 8 I have had 2 of the Drow Hunting Tips drop.

Eh. The skirmish one (Dwarven Spelunkers) is going for 50k AD on the AH so it can't be all that great a drop rate.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    urabask said:

Eh. The skirmish one (Dwarven Spelunkers) is going for 50k AD on the AH so it can't be all that great a drop rate.

I think that's because a skirmish takes considerably longer to complete than a simple DHE. Chance might be the same, it's just... skirmishes are more tedious to complete. You just stand in a DHE in WoD and hit a few times. This qualifies you for a drop there. On the other hand, you'll have to actively take part in a skirmish to even have the chance to get one.
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    urabask said:

The going price really has little to do with the drop rate for it. Right now nobody has that fourth boon in the game, so everyone needs the book. The skirmish has only been around for 2 weeks, so there is a fairly limited supply of them relative to the number of players that need one. The only real mitigating factor to the price right now is the fact that nobody can really use them ... yet. Give it another month or so and I expect the auction house will be flooded with these and they will be cheap.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader