test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

There is just ONE way to make pvp a satisfying experience "again".

starbigamostarbigamo Member Posts: 742 Arc User
edited November 2015 in PvP Discussion
Its "again" cause cryptic never really did pvp well, but for quite some time it is dead cause it is the lamest experience someone could find in the internets, EVER.

The ONLY way to make it playable again is by taking the GW2 aproach and "normalizing" the game, at least in one game mode to make at least ONE game mode playable.

This will never happen cause it became super clear that craptic wants neverwinter to be the most p2w experience possible. So the 10 people still playing pvp could throw all their money into game until their wives leave them and depressed they lose their jobs and their lifes.

So long after pvp is ruined, abandoned and no one ever cares about it cryptic still find new ways to keep ruining it, by adding "awesome new features" like AP and Stamina Drain, now some new stupidly overpowered rings and so on.

now the only way is normalizing it.

How? Some ideas that will never be implemented cause it would be a good idea and cryptic hates good ideas:

-Normalize enchantments on pvp, all enchantments become rank 7 or 8. So the build still is in game but the uber disparity isn't.
- Ignore epic enchantments effects on pvp.
- Remove the worst idea in this game EVER, aka "tenacity" and make it as it was before, a nice way to get some alternative good looking armor.
- Remove from existance those useless stronghold overcharge pvp HAMSTER.
- Balance classes (they don't understand their game enough to do that "yet") but that didn't stop then to put all the HAMSTER they are puting.
- remove SH buffs from pvp
- Remove mount buffs from pvp.

just then the pvp would be playable again, but we all know that will never happen, so RIP.

Comments

• Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    This is not CS GO or LoL.
    What do you expect from a game adaption of a very gear dependend system like d&d?

Ofc its p2w and uber imbalanced. No one cares about it. Just dont take it seriously. Seriously! ;-P
  • Options
    subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    It's a mess from start to finish.

You begin at level 10, fresh faced, ready for a fun fight against other players. Instead you get loads of people with full sets of Mulhorand and Xvim gear, all loaded with ranks 9-12 enchantments, and (as I saw yesterday) even perfect vorpal enchantments on their weapons. So people at level 10 are in gear that's hugely superior to above average level 70 players. It's not much surprise then that at level 70 there are no new people playing PVP.

I'd say that Cryptic has no interest at all in pvp in the game. They know that certain people will keep pumping in cash regardless.
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    Unfortunately any time we spend thinking of ways to fix PVP in this game is 100% more time than the Devs will ever actually spend thinking about it.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    wow, this is woefull thread. i like the idea of normalize and agree with suggestion someone posted before. let regular pvp normalized and make events (like NCL) where your uber gear still matters. it should satisfy all sides a bit
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User

How? Some ideas that will never be implemented cause it would be a good idea and cryptic hates good ideas:

-Normalize enchantments on pvp, all enchantments become rank 7 or 8. So the build still is in game but the uber disparity isn't.
    - Remove the worst idea in this game EVER, aka "tenacity" and make it as it was before, a nice way to get some alternative good looking armor.
    - Balance classes (they don't understand their game enough to do that "yet") but that didn't stop then to put all the HAMSTER they are puting.

just then the pvp would be playable again, but we all know that will never happen, so RIP.

I cannot agree with all.
    - PVE content is so easy, that you almost dont need enchants (7-8 is enough). Higher are needed exactly for pvp. Why we should penalize players who spend time and efforts to gain higher ranks?
    - the same situation in point 2
    - good looking armour you can easily get via lowering price of "change visuals", not by removing tenacity - fail imo.
    - stronghold glyph should be removed !!!!! 100% agree
    - SH buffs is a result of efforts of many players. Shouldn't be removed, maybe toned down.
    - mount buff should remain. Again - it shouldn't happen, that some1 was gathering 3kk AD for a month or longer, buy mount "just to use in pvp" cause pve is to easy, and now it would be removed. Why?

- key word: Balance
    In other thread I asked same question. Is it possible to balance classes in pvp?
    The problem is, that Craptic devs are not playing pvp. They don't understand it, dont like it, and don't play it.
    Immortal OP and his party as well, immortal TR, immortal HR rooting you to death (I'm thinking about BiS).

Dear developers.
    Please anounce twitch session, when your toons (you can max them out) will face some TOP Hr's or Trs or even OP. Despite fact you don't know how to play, just try.

You'll become grizzled in few minutes. It is extremely iritating, trust me.

And now those rings. Guys, wake up !
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Sorry, but it's too late.

Normally, I'd never say or suggest to retract something or revert in someway. My basic stance in regards to balance is "tweak and make best use of what's already become a reality", and normally, I view retraction/reversion as a retro-attitude which doesn't help at all.

But currently, there are just too many stuff which should not have been made real.

- First they screwed up with the AP generation in game.
    - Then they implemented higher levels of refining that widened the gap between each player's performance.
    - Then they made it worse by just ignoring all the bugs and balance problems
    - They just ignored everything and implemented even more overpowered gear and items
    - Then they add in an even more overpowered boons and drain/ward system
    - Then they add in krapchit rings that allow everyone to throw around whatever junky gimmicky feature available

...and of course, they still don't give a chit about class balance or gear balance.

Honestly speaking, a simple bug-fix to certain few problems in-game would have probably brought higher quality-of-life to all PvPers than all of the above useless trash combined. The only (blatantly obvious) purpose the above measures serve, is to simply exploit the krap out of PvP players and suck out the money.

They've stopped speaking to us about PvP since after mod5. Mod5 preview was about the last time when the devs actually listened to player input. Since then, they've stopped talking to us, they've stopped listening to what we have to say. Every new patch/mod is just about luring more people into AD-based transactions with a shallow mask of in-game trade.

How can we make it better? Like said, too late. You can't. The only way now, is to truly "REVERT" or "RETRACT" all the garbage dumped into the PvP community... and of course, that ain't happening.

Just prepare for a steady, rapid decline. How long 'til it takes more than hours to queue into a new PvP match? Soon, I figure.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    kweassa said:

They've stopped speaking to us about PvP since after mod5. Mod5 preview was about the last time when the devs actually listened to player input. Since then, they've stopped talking to us, they've stopped listening to what we have to say. Every new patch/mod is just about luring more people into AD-based transactions with a shallow mask of in-game trade.

In the Reddit AMA a week or two ago all the questions about PVP were completely ignored. Not even a token "we're looking into it" or anything.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Its the same, if there is no PvP set, then PvP players will still get two sets of armor, one purely for Offense for PvE, another set with more HP or other stats that is more appropriate for PvP, well, in general.
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    As was said, pve is so easy, you don't need anything much at all. Don't need artifact weapons, ensorcelled will do, don't need more than rank 8 or 9, don't need a mount really for most of the dungeons... all the weird armor and jewelry and set bonuses. Nope, you could get by.

PVE'ers gear up, not to succeed, but to have an easier run. PVP'ers however, gear up to succeed, full stop.

No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    spqwnspqwn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    These broken rings have killed it for me. Even with them fixed, they are too much.
    OPs vanishing, stealth GWFs, GFs. Can't even cast opressive force without being repelled half way across the map.

As more and more people will start getting those rings, more PvPers will move on to different games. Many I know are just hanging around until a game I will not mention will be released in the spring next year.
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    Thats pretty obvious:
    And Craptic listen: more you fk up pvp - then less money you'll get. Cause all pve content in this game can be done in 7 ranks enchants - it's for free almost.
    ONLY PVP players keep this game. But so few remained. Keep going Craptic. You make our choice even easier.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I play since beta. Till than I maybe played grand total of 20 pvp matches back when they were fun - pre tenacity.

I've came here just to say I feel sorry for you guys, not sure you really need it but yeah...here's some love from PVE player :expressionless:

Hard to argue that even if actual NWN pvp is a joke, it's still fueling the game with RL money folks put into their toons.
    I mean just look at the Negation and Fey enchant prices :)

That being sad, it's again painfully obvious that people in charge of the game doesn't give a damn about this part of the player base. Mind you, I've read few posts in the Foundry section and it's even darker in there...

I'm banging my head against the wall asking, how and who on earth could come up with those ideas that simply WRECK pvp, quite astonishing indeed.

GG, have fun while you're still here!
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options

PvE is too easy cause of ROFLM GWF balance. fix GWF and game is on again.

...well actually the PvE is riddled with problems as well... but since usually the guys at the receiving end are non-sentient, programmed beings, they usually tend to not complain very often...

In regards to the cakewalk/milkrun/faceroll of a joke PvE is, EVERYTHING needs to be redone. Dungeon designs, mob power/skill mechanics, mob reaction times, mob aggro tendencies, nerfing the effects of players heals and damage, etc etc...

In retrospect, the entire base design/concept behind NW is a problem. I know, it's harsh for any dev to hear something like this, but it's the truth. The game opted for a simple/casual F2P game that would draw people in and have them spend money, but currently, IMHO it's so far proven nothing much than why a screwed up F2P model sends a game into a vicious cycle of deteriorating quality at insane prices.

• Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    I would have to say that the developers have a particularly arrogant and condescending view towards the players when it comes to our feedback and ideas. They implement things on preview for testing purposes and despite the many valid reasons given for why these things are bad ideas they almost exclusively implement them anyways. I don't even understand the reason for preview testing anymore as badly designed and implemented and broken things are pushed through even when it is known that they are problematic. Many things are not even given time or the capability to properly test them (but that would not really matter given that the input and feedback of the players is entirely ignored).

If I had to guess I would say there is an NWO2 out there and this messy running beta is simply a major testing field for it. This in and of itself would not bother me so bad except for the fact that it will likely be another mess implemented by the same people with the same disregard for those playing it. Given all the data that could be collected about what works and what doesn't, what brings fun and what brings angst, what players want and what they don't want -- these same people would still implement the exact same nonsense they have already because they would never get past their own ego and personal views about what they 'know' to be best (even though they have no way of knowing anything because it is simply their arrogance and conceit).

Wow I sound bitter, but such is the product of what we are given.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

I cannot agree with all.
    - PVE content is so easy, that you almost dont need enchants (7-8 is enough). Higher are needed exactly for pvp. Why we should penalize players who spend time and efforts to gain higher ranks?
    - the same situation in point 2
    - good looking armour you can easily get via lowering price of "change visuals", not by removing tenacity - fail imo.
    - stronghold glyph should be removed !!!!! 100% agree
    - SH buffs is a result of efforts of many players. Shouldn't be removed, maybe toned down.
    - mount buff should remain. Again - it shouldn't happen, that some1 was gathering 3kk AD for a month or longer, buy mount "just to use in pvp" cause pve is to easy, and now it would be removed. Why?

- key word: Balance
    In other thread I asked same question. Is it possible to balance classes in pvp?
    The problem is, that Craptic devs are not playing pvp. They don't understand it, dont like it, and don't play it.
    Immortal OP and his party as well, immortal TR, immortal HR rooting you to death (I'm thinking about BiS).

Dear developers.
    Please anounce twitch session, when your toons (you can max them out) will face some TOP Hr's or Trs or even OP. Despite fact you don't know how to play, just try.

You'll become grizzled in few minutes. It is extremely iritating, trust me.

And now those rings. Guys, wake up !
    ye because gf so underpowered https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9fgQydcKDM
  • Options
    zwergenschubserzwergenschubser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    my ideas for better pvp circles around a new character tab like the fashon tab. if ure chrakter is flagged for pvp (icewind, gg, dom or sh) this tab will be activated, a pvp actionbar pops up. in this pvp tab u can only slot pvp items and it has no pets, no pve boons (but the pvp ones), no sh boons. the pvp sh boons should only work in sh pvp modus.

only one pvp artifact slot. maybe this artifact can be feeded with glory.

now we need pvp only gear (weapons, armor, jewelry, enchantments of all kind) like:
    • tier 0 pvp gear: obtainable by gold, average stats
    • tier 1 pvp gear: obtainable by glory, 10% more stats as tier 0 pvp armor, average + set bonus, one overload slot
    • tier 2 pvp gear: obtainable by glory and seals, maybe ad too, 10% more stats as tier 1 pvp armor, specialized stats/setbonus to support diffrent builds or feats, two overload slots
    the same tier thing for pvp enchantments and pvp glyphs. all obtainable trough playing pvp.

for pvp below level 70 devs should make a pvp set that grows with the level like mulhorand. if u queue as group u only should fight against other queued groups and only single queues vs single queue.

if all is in line, the gap is closer and we can show some skill. now we can talk about class balance in pvp with the devs...

*bad english, if u find something wrong correct me :o
    [Mitteilung] Von [Brienne von Tarth]: ach du bist der klugscheißer aus dem forum, wird ja immer schöner xD
    [Mitteilung] an [Brienne von Tarth]: ja genau der bin ich
    [Systemmeldung] Brienne von Tarth ignoriert Sie.
    [Mitteilung] an [mich selbst]: pvp ist schon geil
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User

@kemi1984 I feel sorry for you too... are you still running the same dungeons over and over again without any real reward?

I agree, there's little to win in PVE dungeons. Still it's better for me to play than PVP.
    But that's just a matter of taste.

Anyway, my point was that I'm trying to show some empathy for PVP crowd seeing you face a lot of issues like the other half of the community.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    kemi1984 said:

I agree, there's little to win in PVE dungeons. Still it's better for me to play than PVP.
    But that's just a matter of taste.

Anyway, my point was that I'm trying to show some empathy for PVP crowd seeing you face a lot of issues like the other half of the community.

Looking back on past experiences which were associated with running stuff like 10-man or 25-man raids in PvE content that were actually difficult enough to make you FAIL the run when even one or two deadweights were in it, frankly speaking there is really no way to find any kind of worth to the approach NW is taking with PvE.

Yes, making stuff easier or more accessible to newbie/casual players is important.
    Yes, times have changed.
    Yes, gamers nowadays are different from gamers way back in the '90s to whom "HARDER" meant "MORE FUN"
    ...but NO. THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO DO IT.

Sorry to sound like an elitist, but TBH of all the MMOGs I've experienced during the last two decades of PC gaming, I've never seen a game where the general level of players are as so low as in NW. This game isn't just 'easy' or 'accessible'. It's basically designed so easy that there's hardly 'learning curve' at all -- rather, the entire process of 'learning' is just castrated from since level 1 to 70. People don't need to learn anything, since there are no challenges at all.

So forgive us PvPers if we really can't seem to understand just what kind of trouble PvErs are having, because so far, the only thing we've been receiving from PvErs is all the shi*storm hate coming from some nincompoops who blame every balancing decision on PvPrs, and usually, those people are the sort that don't understand why it's not a good idea to allow one or two people to raindown a barrage of tactical nukes on the combat field to obliterate multiple mob groups en masse. Those PvErs tend to not really take the concept of 'balance' well, since for them, anything that gives more DPS is good, and any change that cuts back on absurdly overpowered features/damage all spells 'bad' -- supposedly being some kind of secret conspiracy of the PvPrs to punch the PvErs in their groin for no reason.

• Options
    PVE in the game is almost as bad as PVP, in a different way. Far too difficult for people with low end gear, and absolutely no challenge for anything with good gear. Most MMOs have a decent progression system from fresh level cap to highest tier raids, NW just has two dungeons that people ever bother with.
  • Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

As was said, pve is so easy, you don't need anything much at all. Don't need artifact weapons, ensorcelled will do, don't need more than rank 8 or 9, don't need a mount really for most of the dungeons... all the weird armor and jewelry and set bonuses. Nope, you could get by.

PVE'ers gear up, not to succeed, but to have an easier run. PVP'ers however, gear up to succeed, full stop.

Dont make me laugh. Both worlds are gear dependent. No one want you with 2.0 iL for dungeons, same as 2.0 will be melted in pvp within seconds.
    200_s.gif
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    @starbigamo:
    "I hope this post was ironic, or else you never played D&D and have no idea on how it works.

A Fighter level 1 and a fighter level 20 (epic hero already) use the very same sword, IF a master is super nice some weapon +1 That is SUPER spencive and just a bit better than the normal sword will get in place."

I have played DnD for around 15 years now. I have managed several campaigns from beginning to epic levels in that time span as a DM. Even publishing my own written and designed adventures.

4E edition of D&D is extremely based on gear (if you dont play with inherent bonus like in Dark Sun) and NWO is a 4E based game. Actually, the mechanic transition of rules was very well executed.

Btw maybe you should look out for a better DM, if you still have a +1 sword at 20 ;-)