test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I Bought !00$ worth of ZEN today = 12,500 Zen.

kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
I used the ZEN to buy 12 Months VIP at 50% off, a Black Ice Shaping Booster Pack, and more Shared Bank Space. :smiley:
I converted the remainder into AD and bought myself a greater Soulforged Enchantment and a Runic Bag of Holding, also
I upgraded my Ioun Stone from Green to Blue. I have enough AD left to upgrade Ioun Stone from Blue to Purple, and then I will
still have 1.2 Million AD left over.

1. Should I spend the 500K AD to upgrade Ioun Stone to purple epic?
2. What should I use the remaining AD for?

I could buy 4 more Runic Bags for my other characters. I could hold onto it for the future. I really don't know.
(Ps. I have a guild but it's just me, so I won't be using any for Stronghold stuff.)

Comments

• solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    You got a lot of money!!! You better like this game a lot!!!
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    solbergx said:

You got a lot of money!!! You better like this game a lot!!!

I do like this game. But I no longer have a lot of money after this purchase :(
  • lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    kurtb88 said:

I used the ZEN to buy 12 Months VIP at 50% off, a Black Ice Shaping Booster Pack, and more Shared Bank Space. :smiley:
    I converted the remainder into AD and bought myself a greater Soulforged Enchantment and a Runic Bag of Holding, also
    I upgraded my Ioun Stone from Green to Blue. I have enough AD left to upgrade Ioun Stone from Blue to Purple, and then I will
    still have 1.2 Million AD left over.

1. Should I spend the 500K AD to upgrade Ioun Stone to purple epic?
    2. What should I use the remaining AD for?

I could buy 4 more Runic Bags for my other characters. I could hold onto it for the future. I really don't know.
    (Ps. I have a guild but it's just me, so I won't be using any for Stronghold stuff.)

share with us lesser rich nw players pretty pls (gives a look just like those cute cats at Disney cartoons)
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Depending on which stone it is, you probably don't really need to upgrade it, even past green. Since it started at green, I'm guessing it's the ioun stone of radiance? All you really need is to get all of the slots (3 runestones, 3 equipment) unlocked, which happens at level 25 (green). Upgrading it past that point doesn't give you very much gain for so much AD. Augments can't die so it's not like they need the extra HP or anything, and the stone of radiance just gives some stats, which don't increase that much when upgraded.

Depending on which stone it is, you probably don't really need to upgrade it, even past green. Since it started at green, I'm guessing it's the ioun stone of radiance? All you really need is to get all of the slots (3 runestones, 3 equipment) unlocked, which happens at level 25 (green). Upgrading it past that point doesn't give you very much gain for so much AD. Augments can't die so it's not like they need the extra HP or anything, and the stone of radiance just gives some stats, which don't increase that much when upgraded.

+10% Ratings when upgraded. So if I upgrade it once more to Epic I will get +10% of it's stats. The stats it gives me are actually considerable. I don't know whether it's "worth it" or not since no one recommended a better alternative to spending that 500K AD.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    The only companion you really want to upgrade to legendary is an Augment. It's just too much of a stat increase to ignore.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    edited November 2015
    kurtb88 said:

+10% Ratings when upgraded. So if I upgrade it once more to Epic I will get +10% of it's stats. The stats it gives me are actually considerable. I don't know whether it's "worth it" or not since no one recommended a better alternative to spending that 500K AD.
    Is that an active bonus? Which stone is that? Or are you talking about the legendary bonus?
    lirithiel said:

The only companion you really want to upgrade to legendary is an Augment. It's just too much of a stat increase to ignore.

It's actually not nearly that cut and dry anymore. With my blue Zhentarim warlock and 3 greater bonding runestones, I easily get WAY more stats than I ever got from my augments when I'm in combat. I plan on upgrading her to legendary (even though I already have a legendary augment and it's not really necessary to have more than one active legendary) so she's more sturdy and upping her bonding stones to perfect soon.
  • rottersrotters Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

utter pish, not heard of bonding stones?

tab

Tabatha@rotters // Scourge Warlock // Co Leader // Civil Anarchy

Part of the -Fabled- Alliance

We are looking for non elitist guilds to join our alliance.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    I got 12 more months of VIP too. Thats 360 or so lockbox keys and I reached level 12 on vip which means.... The Banking Portal...yehhhhh
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I had 5500 Zen this morning. I now have 0, lol. I bought so much stuff. Too many keys. All those admin messages were taunting me, making me think I would get lucky too. I didn't. :(
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited November 2015
    Is that an active bonus? Which stone is that? Or are you talking about the legendary bonus?

Ioun Stone of Radiance. When upgraded it says it grants an additional +10% Ratings. This Ioun Stone grants 100% of it's stats to the user. So as example. If my Power rating is 10,000, and my Ioun stone's power stat rating is 2000, when I summon it my power increases by 2000 to 12,000.
    kurtb88 said:

Ioun Stone of Radiance. When upgraded it says it grants an additional +10% Ratings. This Ioun Stone grants 100% of it's stats to the user. So as example. If my Power rating is 10,000, and my Ioun stone's power stat rating is 2000, when I summon it my power increases by 2000 to 12,000.

Ahhh, I see, it shows you get 10% additional ratings bonus when you upgrade to the next level from blue. I never really noticed that, it only tells you that when you're about to upgrade, and not really anywhere on the companion once it's upgraded (I have an ioun stone of radiance upgraded to epic so I was confused). I wonder if that's a recent thing.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    - nevermind -
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

You only need one active companion to reach legendary. If you have one active legendary companion, any summoned companion (which does not have to be legendary) will get that extra 10% bonus.

The legendary bonus is 15%, and yes it doesn't stack. It looks like companions get an additional 9-10% (for that one companion) bumping them from blue to purple that's separate from that. It tells you this when you look at upgrading your companion.

kurtb88 said:

Ahhh, I see, it shows you get 10% additional ratings bonus when you upgrade to the next level from blue. I never really noticed that, it only tells you that when you're about to upgrade, and not really anywhere on the companion once it's upgraded (I have an ioun stone of radiance upgraded to epic so I was confused). I wonder if that's a recent thing.
    Honestly I don't know. All I know is it "says" it will get +10% ratings. I didn't actually write down my stats, upgrade it, and check to see if my stats went up. I just assumed they would.
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    I would buy 4x runic bags and sell it 1 month later for profit. If you want to buy things to benefit your characters, the feywild knight pack has a sylph pet with a good active bonus of 50% control resist, which reduces the duration of control effects by 50%. It is accountwide epic companion.

Bahamut pack with Priestess of Sehanine is a decent option also, the companion debuffs enemies' crit chance and increases teammates' and your crit chance when you pull it out (not just active slot).

Scourge warlock pack has a Erinyes of Belial, account wide rare pet, with 5% crit severity. Decent for many classes.

For single-character bind on equip companions, sprite has AP gain, will o wisp 25% control resist and 15% control bonus (duration also), honey badger 10% less damage when under 35% hp, and epic black dragon ioun stone has 10% crit chance when under 50% hp (mainly for pvpers).

I don't recommend buying enchanted keys from the zen store unless you need the dusk boots. You actually get more keys per zen by having alternate accounts with VIP access.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Spent 50, might pump another 20. Really want to incorporate the crab companion with one of my chars.
  • bernatkbernatk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    Dragonborn pack is a must have for any altoholics.
    JMYwySk.jpg
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    $50 for 1-year VIP (too good to pass up) and posted every remaining zen on the ZAX at 500. With 15 hours left, pretty sure we will see 500.

$50 for 1-year VIP (too good to pass up) and posted every remaining zen on the ZAX at 500. With 15 hours left, pretty sure we will see 500.

Yes, half price on a year of VIP was too good to pass up. On top of that there is a 15% ZEN charge bonus. I only wish I could have afforded $200

• mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    Given Cryptic's propensity to make ever more RP items and make them non stackable, I would say go for the bags (you're going to need em). But really, wouldn't you rather just give it all to me? I would be ever so much grateful....

:)
    mattsacre said:

Given Cryptic's propensity to make ever more RP items and make them non stackable, I would say go for the bags (you're going to need em). But really, wouldn't you rather just give it all to me? I would be ever so much grateful....

:)

i ended up only buying one bag. buying 4 more was tempting though :0

• obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    kurtb88 said:

kurtb88 said:

Honestly I don't know. All I know is it "says" it will get +10% ratings. I didn't actually write down my stats, upgrade it, and check to see if my stats went up. I just assumed they would.
    Pretty sure it doesn't actually show up on your Character ratings anyway.
    It just applies them to the game in the background.

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?