test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Howling MH/OH Bonus (Spinward): Does not work for SW sprint

zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
edited November 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
I finally reached 100 motes in spinward wise and got the Howling pact blade/grimoire.
Sadly the set bonus does not work for scourge warlock.

The icon "Howling Heart ready" does not disappear when I shift like it does for other classes when the bonus activates and there is no speed bonus at all from it no matter what I do. Very disappointing. I went ahead and farmed it, encouraged, after seeing these words from a dev regarding the the Howling/spinward set bonus:
asterdahl said:

To be clear, despite the wording, this will activate when any shift power is used, Warlock and Great Weapon Fighter's sprints included. Thanks for the report, we'll look into making sure the text is more clear.

Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

Comments

• rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    I was worried this would happen. I saw that dev post myself and was a little skeptical that it would work...
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    I wonder if the set bonus works for GWF sprint.

• rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    I kinda dont want too spend the time farming Spinward just too see.
    they should of added the new weapons too a shop on preview for testing purposes.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    zeusom said:

encouraged, after seeing these words from a dev regarding the the Howling/spinward set bonus:

asterdahl said:

To be clear, despite the wording, this will activate when any shift power is used, Warlock and Great Weapon Fighter's sprints included. Thanks for the report, we'll look into making sure the text is more clear.

thats the problem you didnt read the dev speak correctly. he obviously meant it didnt work with those but farm it anyway
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    rversant said:

I kinda dont want too spend the time farming Spinward just too see.
    they should of added the new weapons too a shop on preview for testing purposes.

Right. Exactly what I said weeks ago before mod8 launched: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12747760
    zeusom said:

We cannot do preview MH/OH feedback reporting on the set bonuses since we cannot farm them in any reasonable time. Wish they would put these on the Store/Preview tab like did for older artifact weapon sets.

Allowing access for preview testing would have prevented all of the following from going live:
    - Double healing from Water weapon bonus
    - Broken no cooldown "Ring of Cowardice" permarepelroot
    - Broken Air weapon bonus for SW maybe GWF sprint
    - Glitchy DR build-up from Earth weapon bonus
    ...and a few more

• dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    zeusom said:

Allowing access for preview testing would have prevented all of the following from going live:
    - Broken no cooldown "Ring of Cowardice" permarepelroot
    - Broken Air weapon bonus for SW maybe GWF sprint
    - Glitchy DR build-up from Earth weapon bonus
    ...and a few more

how so. it would have been added to the known issues list and the release would have gone on like contractually obligated.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    zeusom said:

What's wrong with permanent double healing? Just because double-RP is only on the rare weekend doesn't mean healing has to be....