test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW 1 f2p MMO according to f2p.com

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
http://www.f2p.com/top-10-november-2015-best-mmo-games/
It looks like mod 8 has done its job, NW is leading the charts according to f2p.com.each month they put the top 10 MMOS/FPS/browser games/etc...
I guess it's good news for NW. Let's hope we keep seeing good changes in this game.
And another thing I wanted to mention, My fps have dropped considerably with the last few modules, even in old zones like PE, I used to be able to run in medium graphics and it would be prety smooth, not I have to drop them to lower quality and I still get low fps. anyone else experiencing this?
2e2qwj6.jpg

Comments

• wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    Really good graphics, beautiful level design and the magical dust of DnD behind it make it may favorite F2P MMO at the moment too. There are quite a few things to polish out, and if they take the time to make a module 9 "The quest of fixing broken things and communicating with players" it would be a 10/10 game.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    how is comparing PE now to PE before not a good comparison? all the stuff that affect it now, also affected it before.
    Sadly PE looks much more empty now with SHs :(
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    You cant take a mmo list seriously when it has things like world of fishing on there..

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

You cant take a mmo list seriously when it has things like world of fishing on there..

yes, if thats there, you might as well stick poe there as well which isn't an MMO but its in my book as nr 1 f2p game.
    first time I see WoF in that list to be honest, but I've been following for a few months and usually you have the same ones changing order between them XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    According to steam chart it is also gaining players from steam again.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    of course it is.. it will for the next few weeks give or take.

it always has at the start of the new mod, there hasnt been one that didnt have a increase for a bit.

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    i dont know.. i feel confused about it.
    im sure the game is going somewhere in the direction of being f2p.
    I mean with 10 euros/month you can afford a lot of things. It s almost really f2p now.
    still.. about contents and game maintenance.. no there is nothing that can cause your game to be number 1, not even in the top 5 probably.
    mod 8 is a clear proof of a non mod.

when i talk about game maintencance i refer to "fast handlingof situations" which can be bugs, can be gameplay problems or whatever (like bringing back removed content for example)
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    omg, we are better than skyforge and guildwars 2, thats a nice review!!!
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    solbergx said:

Think someone was smoking several herbs and spices.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    IDK what to think of that..

http://ocigrup.com/

Their other site http://www.mmoreviews.com/best-free-mmo/.

Doesnt even list Neverwinter in that list or their top MMO list.... Wierd....

They dont even link their sites, from their main site...
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • shinlogoslokiyoshinlogoslokiyo Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    In terms of F2P this is probably one of the better ones and it is nice to see Neverwinter get some recognition. There is plenty more work to do though. I might give not!OgreTactics and not!MonsterHunter a go though. World of Fishing is a bit fun but lacking in some areas.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User

In terms of F2P this is probably one of the better ones and it is nice to see Neverwinter get some recognition. There is plenty more work to do though. I might give not!OgreTactics and not!MonsterHunter a go though. World of Fishing is a bit fun but lacking in some areas.

Thank you Ocigroup for your input.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    NW is the only mmo I've encountered which allows everything to be bought with currency earned in-game, so I think it deserves some respect...... apart from great graphics ofc, and the levelling play experience, and.....
  • subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    Yeah, NW is more popular than Minecraft, SWTOR and Tera. Not sure where that list comes from except from being totally made up.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited November 2015

- What do you have against "world of fishing ? xD, is cool game löl

ghoulz66 said:

solbergx said:

Think someone was smoking several herbs and spices.
    1. Skyforge is a nice looking Sci-Fi MMo this is True, But if you don't like Sci-Fi the game is nothing for you,
    Second that the TAB-target Combat from skyforge is more than lame, Just AoE spam from distance all time-

2. GW2 "was" a good game on their first year but now is almost death, there a lot of Areas where you won't see any player,
    you feel like alone in desert, like tom hanks movie "cast away" löl, GW2 is a game which has become very quickly old,

3. Tera a good pve for discover places and enjoy the map, BUT until your done the Game became very very Boring..
    Seriously even the pvp is not a good one, after hitting max you feel like,"i'm having enough from this game now"
    What Tera "do" is feeding their cash shop constantly (Just check theier FB page),
    Nearly every week new "costumes and such stuff"- feed feed feed..

So all in all is NW definitely for me the best One! (right now), i had played all other games too.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    ...IMHO this list is a great argument backing my decision - to never again go for a F2P/P2W.

Also, get real here: The site is an advertising panel. For US/Korean/Chinese companies, making F&SF stuff. The great WW2-era combat-centric PvP MMOs like World of Tanks and WarThunder? Nope, not featured, but World of Fishing.

Yeah, sure, unbiased...

Honest evaluation from my side:

Good stuff about NW: Combat System, D&D-adaption.
    Bad Stuff: Over-monetization, gameplay monotony, bug density, server latency, currency & token zoo, lack of in-game oversight / policing, management's lack of master plan / grand vision.

Also, still waiting for my promo companions...
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    xgrandz02 said:

Tera a good pve for discover places and enjoy the map, BUT until your done the Game became very very Boring...Seriously even the pvp is not a good one, after hitting max you feel like,"i'm having enough from this game now"

I guess the exact same can be said about NW at this stage.
    xgrandz02 said:

What Tera "do" is feeding their cash shop constantly (Just check theier FB page),
    Nearly every week new "costumes and such stuff"- feed feed feed..

...and what Cryptic can seriously learn from them. Micro transactions is where NW can make a killing, but it has been largely ignored, along with the Foundry, with most of the vanity stuff moved to the tradebar store now. Its all about VIP now, which imo isn't F2P.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • mrmcsmithysmrmcsmithys Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Amazing what a brown envelope stuffed with cash can get you ....
    lirithiel said:

[...] Its all about VIP now, which imo isn't F2P.

QFT
    I disagree with gw2. Its an awesome game and its not empty at all.
    But coming back to the list, word of tanks was in the list before.
    Like any list, we cak agree and disagree with it but its good news that nw us on number 1. Specially after mod 6 where it was pretty down the list.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    reiwulf said:

[...]
    But coming back to the list, word of tanks was in the list before.
    [...]

...well if that was on, and war thunder wasn't, the site is definitely a covert P2W commercial billboard...
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User

IDK what to think of that..

http://ocigrup.com/

Their other site http://www.mmoreviews.com/best-free-mmo/.

Doesnt even list Neverwinter in that list or their top MMO list.... Wierd....

They dont even link their sites, from their main site...

no "donation" no listing. thats how most of these sites work. and how NW made it on any top 10 list.
    even if it's probably true, all games in there do it to be on that list then XD
    but still it's very good publicity being on first place and hopefully more people will start playing and we can get more work done around here.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    tvcity said:

NW is the only mmo I've encountered which allows everything to be bought with currency earned in-game, so I think it deserves some respect...... apart from great graphics ofc, and the levelling play experience, and.....

there are more that you can buy everything with in game currency
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    yokki1 said:

tvcity said:

there are more that you can buy everything with in game currency
    you cant buy an eye of lathander. you cant buy a 2 socket ring.

24 currencies and im probably missing a few.