test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lockbox crisis

xultrakillxultrakill Member Posts: 63 Arc User
Is it just me or did lockboxes f*ked up after the enchanted key sale?
300 howling hatred lockboxes opened and NO mounts, lost around 5mil AD

Comments

• looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    Oh not again...

... not enough lockboxes to tell...

... RNGesus doesn't love you...
  • canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    You need to take some stats courses my friend.... the drop rate of purple mounts is around 0.25% (Yes that is one quarter of one percent!!!!).

You only opened 300 boxes. You were statistically not expected to see a mount.

So as looomis said --- "... RNGesus doesn't love you..."
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Been VIP since day one. Never missed a key and purchased some here and there with coupons. Probably 200+ keys in all i guess.

The best thing i have ever gotten was the horn of blasting from one of the sub-boxes. No mounts, no companions...never seen my name in lights.

RNG in this sense is a balancing act. If they turn the rates up even a little, the market crashes. Drop it a bit and the items start costing more than 99.9999% of people can afford. The fact that all the dropbox mounts and companions are under 10m means to me that its just about right.
  • mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User

Is it just me

It's just you.

• osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    The drop rate for epic mounts and companions is not 1/400!

Its close to 1/125

Legendary is around 1/500-1/1000

I opened around 20000-30000 lockboxes. Count that as agood sample size.
    edited November 2015
    Double post
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User

Its close to 1/125

legendary for tenser disc was 1/6000 and i doubt they changed it any since then
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    yokki1 said:

Its close to 1/125

legendary for tenser disc was 1/6000 and i doubt they changed it any since then
    considering its part of the new lockboxes you'ld be wrong.
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    Agree with above posts,if everyone got "lucky" mounts would have the price of green archons by now and lockboxes would be useless, but i think they changed the trash rewards a little increasing companions fort. Kit and he other one droping elemental weapon n skins droprate by a few percent and decressing the gmops box and co based on my latest samples.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    If the rates were as high as 1/100 we'd be seeing those annoying 'Love2WasteCash has won a blah from a blah' messages constantly, given how many are VIP and how many waste money opening boxes to try to get a mount.
    edited November 2015
    Tensers never had 1/6000. Where do you guys pull these numbers from?
    Ofc like with any statistics, there is a failure rate, but the higher the sample size the more unlikely the rate of failure becomes.

As I said, I have opened tens of thousands of lockboxes myself, and most of the time, I have kept track of the drop rates to calculate EV.
    Epic mount/companion drop is close to 1/125
    Legendary is more tricky because of small possibiliy of fail rate, but still kinda save to say: not more than 1/1000-1/1500

You can also read about droprates at nwouncensored.com

Opening lockboxes was a long time very profitable despite many rumors about how bad the droprates of their content is. A very welcomed rumor and myth that players like myself took advantage of and made more AD than most can even imagine.

And the whole profit making was based on the statistic of droprates and the constant high ZEN/AD rate.

With the indroduction of VIP, the prices have fallen… but there migt still be some profits be made with the new market structure of the trade bar store. And ofc the account key farming.

Just amazing how so many people base their opinions and beliefs on wrong assumptions and made up facts…