test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Broken... Rolling into a Holiday Weekend...

2»

Comments

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Since Stronghold the game crashes as soon as i try tabing between desktop and game.
    The game freezes as soon as i try logging too fast from one character to another.
    It wasn't running perfect before, but now the game even crashes during Demorgorgon, and i can't re-enter the fight.

I checked windows for updates, and i checked for new drivers, i checked my SSHDs, and i let the "force verify" run after every crash.
    I'm not having that kind of trouble with AION, TERA, GW2, Rift, The Secret World, WildStar, SWtoR or even Skyforge together...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    crashed 6 times during 1 eGWD run. needless to say, we couldn't complete it.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    OK, just tried on my other PC which has an nVidia Quadro K4000 professional graphics card with 100% rock solid drivers. Fresh download of the new patch and it froze up and crashed about 20 seconds after dropping into a Silver Level Demonic Closure DHE in Dwarven Valley. My other PC, the one I normally use for playing games, has an ATI graphics card with the latest drivers and it does the same. The common link between the two PCs and the lockups and crashes is the new patch that got released on Tuesday. Sorry, but this is a problem with the code in NWO not my PCs, their graphics cards or their drivers. So yet another Crytic Oops Report sent.
  • davidjayderdavidjayder Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    The best part is the timing of this which means it probably won't be fixed for a week or two.
  • tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    make this crash #7 for the night I want reimbursement for my healing kit LOL
    edited November 2015
    Now I cant even log back in without crashing... this sucks. Stuck bar, right there have to end task.

• dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    even the most basic of release strategies ( dont release on a holiday weekend) seems to elude them
    verdonix1 said:

twice in 1 run of GWD .... game freeze and then force close to get going again.... *shakes head*
    PS: this has been going on since before Mod 8 though

Maybe for you brother. This game didnt start crashing for me like this til the last patch. In the last 2 years I could count the crashes to desktop on one hand. I dont have enough fingers or toes to count the number of crashes since Tuesday on my PCs.... notice that's plural. No matter what PC I try on it crashes.
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I have never crashed with my system on any game including Neverwinter, but since the patch I've crashed about 8 times.

CTRL-ALT-DLT => Task Manager => End Task (Neverwinter not responding)

Then patch and check for files and restart. Widespread or not, this is an issue happening with enough people that it needs to be fixed with the game client. As Amie said, it didn't happen before the patch, now it is. Doesn't take a genius to figure out this was introduced with the patch.

Thank you Strum for the reply, at least we know it's being looked into.

I'll add this, I've been asking people who have experienced the game crashes, so far it seems to be a lot of CW's. Not saying only CW's but I'd be curious to hear if anyone having the game client crashes are all the same class. Obviously it would need testing, but in just asking a few people in chat, each one who has the problem has said it was on a CW.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Well, i have disabled the "mission tracker" for now, i don't know if that will help, but right now i'm just trying anything here.

And i still don't understand, why they can't come up with a separated Event and Quest Tracker, that we can separately enable/disable on our own. Not to mention that the loot window from events is in the "mission tracker" too...

Or why did they have to mess around with the calendar and add that events/promotions window to it?

They should have used that time on a real spam filter, and an option to clear the ignore list with one button.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!

I'll add this, I've been asking people who have experienced the game crashes, so far it seems to be a lot of CW's. Not saying only CW's but I'd be curious to hear if anyone having the game client crashes are all the same class. Obviously it would need testing, but in just asking a few people in chat, each one who has the problem has said it was on a CW.

I was running my SS CW when the freezes/crashes first started happening after installing the patch. I switched to my HR who seemed to be fine, right up until I got a freeze soloing Demonic Defend the Cleric (sorry, I forgot the correct title) in WoD. After that, the usual pattern returned with the added bonus that my HR gets the freeze up in the first round of Demogorgon which my CW never did.

I've been reduced to just invoking, professions, DR Lair and Masssacre at the Hook, Line and Sinker (well it is with my CW :D ) today as I cannot face another lock-up.

• crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    So, in Fiery Pits a few were complaining about the game client crashes, I checked and all 6 of them were CW's. Just sayin'.
    Ah well, NW retail therapy in a couple of hours or so may take away some of the pain.....assuming the servers don't fall over due to the rush of people into the Zen Store >:)
  • davidjayderdavidjayder Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I've been having the crashes on my SW but it seems to be mainly in dungeons. I've noticed it happening to GWFs and DCs as well in dungeons. It seems to happen consistently in Elol on the second dragon phase when he lands.
  • matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    Dear humans working at Cryptic,
    You have a Black Friday sale, you expect people to give huge amounts of real money cause of the 50% Zen discount. And YET you leave game BROKEN with people CRASHING every few minutes, also right about when everyone unlocked EPIC Demogorgon we realize that IT IS BROKEN also by not giving ichor cause the final reward is always bronze no matter if you do 3x Gold.
    So effectively in one of the most active weekends of the year, with the population reaching one of the highest peaks due to the 50% Zen discount and the unlocking of the latest EPIC content fight with the artifact weapon almost every PVE player is waiting, you leave THOUSANDS of people dissapointed, frustrated, even sad and thus you are giving, AGAIN, Neverwinter a critical strike right where it hurts.... And you just had one of the greatest sales of the year with thousands of dollars pouring into the game. And this is how you value all your customers...going off holiday to blow some steam instead of being professionals and staying at work TO FIX YOUR MISTAKES for a few THOUSANDS of humans who JUST PAID YOU...
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    is there any light at the end of the tunnel regarding this issue? it seems to be getting worse for me. it was initially limited to dungeon runs, but now it's affecting almost everything, on multiple characters.

HE's, dragon runs, skirmishes, lairs and now, even switching between zones freezes the game.

of all the game breaking bugs to date, this one for me is by far the worst. I haven't heard anything other than the "we're aware of it" post made before the weekend.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • arkreyllakyrie#1492 arkreyllakyrie Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2015

We're aware of the issue and are looking into it. We apologize for any inconveniences!

edit: Some have said rolling back drivers has made it worse. Please do not do so.

How's the progress going Stum?
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

The patch notes for the upcoming patch suggest at least partial progress. They mention fixes for crashes related to certain visual effects from weapon enchantments, which has been identified as at least one of the issues afflicting a number of people. It's not clear if they believe this will address the crashing issues in their entirety or not.

edited December 2015
    deleted my post.
    zibadawa said:

The patch notes for the upcoming patch suggest at least partial progress. They mention fixes for crashes related to certain visual effects from weapon enchantments, which has been identified as at least one of the issues afflicting a number of people. It's not clear if they believe this will address the crashing issues in their entirety or not.

Hmm...no fix for me.It's been about 11 days now since I haven't been to get into the game.Hope they give us people affected by it some compensation for it.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

Hmm...no fix for me.It's been about 11 days now since I haven't been to get into the game.Hope they give us people affected by it some compensation for it.

Strange. I've not had any crashes since the patch. Have you pointed out to them that your issue is ongoing?

@zibadawa Yep,nothing back for awhile.
    Two things... not a single crash since the patch and I have not crashed a single time while switching characters which was a seperate issue but stopped happening as well.