test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Transmutaion costs are too high

wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
To transmute some items its like over 50k AD which is quite a lot to change just 1 item... If you wanted to change the look of an entire set it would cost a fortune + the neck if you wanted to do that as well.

I know we have some free transmute items which is great, but the general cost of the rest is way too high. I like to change my characters look or get rid of some ugly looking armour, but due to the cost I am stuck just looking at an eye-sore sometimes.

I think the cost should be lower and then people can customise their character a whole lot more.
Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
Alts :
Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe

Comments

• tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    +100.

This should be moved to costing gold IMHO. It hurts no-one at all and actually gives gold another use other than supplies and unsocketing enchants.

I've got some other posts on this and 50K is outrageous considering the economy changes. As implemented it's just another sink is all.
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

To transmute some items its like over 50k AD which is quite a lot to change just 1 item... If you wanted to change the look of an entire set it would cost a fortune + the neck if you wanted to do that as well.

I know we have some free transmute items which is great, but the general cost of the rest is way too high. I like to change my characters look or get rid of some ugly looking armour, but due to the cost I am stuck just looking at an eye-sore sometimes.

I think the cost should be lower and then people can customise their character a whole lot more.

I agree. Its also tiring looking around and seeing everyone with the same endgame gear. This provides the easiest path for the developers to follow. Oh, buy Dye packs....boring change. Cheaper Transmutes would be beneficial to all the player base. This will alleviate us from this bland world of gear clones and casual players a chance to further customize their character into their own look.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Exactly that, a lot of people just look the same now, I have transmuted a few things in the past and just wont put any more AD into it as its too much, what with Re-training tokens costing AD/Zen as well. I recently transmuted my bow to the Hammerstone Bow as I liked the look, but I forgot it makes no difference anyway, as I use Vorpal I get that horrible flashing effect and cannot see the weapon properly anyway lol.

I also love the above idea of it costing Gold :)

Or even just 5-10k per item or something is much better.
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • zakkoriszakkoris Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Agreed 100%.
  • rwanauorwanauo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    My DC has a wicker chair on his head... i think it is ugly, but 4x 50000 to look less like deck furniture is a bit much... like $4 an item... crazy.
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    I've been saying this since day one. 50K for a transmutation is ludicrous, we're already taking a hit by not salvaging the equipment for AD. A transmutation should cost no more AD than the amount of AD that particular piece of equipment is worth through salvage, and everything else with a fixed low AD fee. I say AD over gold because AD is easier to come by. (Potions & Injury Kits can become expensive in gold depending on your class)
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    In Guild Wars 2 all transmutations were FREE. You hear that Cryptic? F-R-E-E!!
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

In Guild Wars 2 all transmutations were FREE. You hear that Cryptic? F-R-E-E!!

Or this. ;)
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • elizasilverkin#7122 elizasilverkin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I completely agree. The AD cost is way too high. A swap to costing gold (or even free) would be a step in the right direction. Mismatched armour sets... grrr
  • dreadvenemousdreadvenemous Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    I'd gladly pay 50,000 AD to make Rydia's armor look like a chicken suit.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

I'd gladly pay 50,000 AD to make Rydia's armor look like a chicken suit.

Ha ha and I would wear it for a month just for you :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • zwergenschubserzwergenschubser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    wow transmutation for gold... i support this!
    [Mitteilung] Von [Brienne von Tarth]: ach du bist der klugscheißer aus dem forum, wird ja immer schöner xD
    [Mitteilung] an [Brienne von Tarth]: ja genau der bin ich
    [Systemmeldung] Brienne von Tarth ignoriert Sie.
    [Mitteilung] an [mich selbst]: pvp ist schon geil
  • zionzin#7422 zionzin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I support transmutation for gold 100% also, 50k astral diamond isn't easy to come by...